Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Agreed. I'd still love to see an Echoes of Archanea for FE3, with the removed content added back in.

So Shadow Dragon?

Ah, but it's only a pipe dream, I guess.

I think there are FEs that need remakes more than the one that already got two. Especially when both of those remakes are great.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Mario Is Missing actually had a really neat version of the Mario World Castle theme as a boss theme. Extremely short loop, though.

No idea why I'm thinking of Mario is Missing today of all times. Muse be a coincidence.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So Shadow Dragon?

*A remake with all the bells and whistles of Echoes' presentation, characterization, and art style. And re-orchestrated music.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think there are FEs that need remakes more than the one that already got two. Especially when both of those remakes are great.

I mean, sure.

A guy can dream though.

*A remake with all the bells and whistles of Echoes' presentation, characterization, and art style. And re-orchestrated music.

Ah, I understand.

I mean, sure.

A guy can dream though.

Hey, I don't disagree. Personally speaking, I'd be all for it. I love Archanea to pieces.

But Shadow Dragon is great, and while New Mystery suffers from butchering an already pretty boring story, its gameplay is excellent. I require nothing more. Let other games get remakes. Stuff like FE6 needs it far more.

I love how I missed the argument of what fe I should play next.

Ruben had the funniest joke, so I guess he wins the argument.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Might as well give it a spin on the usual take.

I didn’t need a quiz after this victory!

....although it was a pretty easy quiz. One word was repeated a lot. /s

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still can't believe you did it. I was sure it would get the best of you at one point or another. Huh... this makes me feel rather embarrassed about myself. Unfortunately, not enough to give Three Houses a fourth chance. It already got more chances than most other games.

I honestly wouldn’t recommend it anyway.

I would say what probably helped is doing things like not making Byleth into a lord and not letting one of my best in-house units die before chapter 13.

Also, I'd argue no extra recruitments worked in your favor. It meant less chance of softlocking in the funny chapter.

I knew long before I started that RaD has a tendency to soft lock people, so I likely would have just recruited units for paralogues.

Anyway, good job. You're now ready to go play FE12 reverse lunatic. Get to it.

Isn’t that one barely possible?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

and is making us hate our life, literally.

I know.

I promise you, it gets so much better.

As the guy who’s done that 10+ times. 🙂 You just have to endure, though for a usual move it should be better soon.

I mean, no. Maddening may have its difficulty spikes, but it's manageable if you know chapter 13 is coming and play the entire game around it.

But you just said—

Reverse Lunatic will break you in half. And then pick up the halves and break them too.

But he needs to find out what a good FE looks like.

That does not sound like a good FE.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Before playing DSFE tho, Sooks should play an actually good looking FE. Playing three uggy Fire Emblem games in a row does not sound like fun.

Wait, three? Fe3h, fe4 and... what was the other one? Birthright..?

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How do I keep forgetting all the games Sooks has played?

Yes my question.

...Okay but no seriously, I'm still not sure if Sooks is ready for Thracia.

I know this is because I still like Three Houses. I’m on to you Ruben.

Anyway, isn’t all one needs to be ready for Thracia is a guide?

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If Sooks finished FE4, he would likely enjoy FE3, perhaps. Book 1 scraps the bad chapters from FE1/11 and has a very pleasing art style. Book 2 I can't speak for, as I have yet to play through it fully.

Good game. Worth a playthrough along with DSFE, since they are quite different from each other in several ways.

I’m assuming you mean fe1, because you never actually compared it to fe4.

I’ll try fe3 eventually, but does it cut out fe1’s endgame? That was really the only part of the game I couldn’t stand, though it did get boring at times. It really just needed a lot of polish.

Maybe I should play the remake... I feel done with Fire Emblem for a while though, that play through was certainly something.

Edit: not as in bad, I loved it! It was just... mentally taxing I guess? Don’t really know how to describe it, the difficulty just sort of drains you on the genre/series.

Oh, and a late congratulations to you for beating maddening, 

788080642117468171.png?v=1

Thank you! Not late at all!

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ironically enough, in pushing you to make most of your army wyverns, I saved the difficulty for you. I'd love to argue this, too, but Reunion at Dawn was outright gamebreaking for me...

I mean, I new that wyverns were the best class and very recommended for maddening mode. And that RaD had a tendency to soft lock people. I likely would have made a thread about it before ever starting, and even then I would have made sure to have a wyvern or ten.

But if it makes you feel better.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh it exists alright. We should be angry about a map that contradicts everything 3H argues it focuses on.

Looks like Edelgard was right after all.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

No idea why I'm thinking of Mario is Missing today of all times. Muse be a coincidence.

Maybe since yesterday I brought up Mario's Time Machine?

Will Mario Teaches Typing be tomorrow's gig?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I love how I missed the argument of what fe I should play next.

Or you can give SRW a try. Then putting it off again and again like Benice does.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m assuming you mean fe1, because you never actually compared it to fe4.

I’ll try fe3 eventually, but does it cut out fe1’s endgame? That was really the only part of the game I couldn’t stand, though it did get boring at times. It really just needed a lot of polish.

Maybe I should play the remake... I feel done with Fire Emblem for a while though, that play through was certainly something.

I just meant that you had played another Kaga game in FE4. But you also finished FE1 as well.

It does not cut it out, unfortunately. If that's a dealbreaker, then I'd say go with FE11.

You have new mechanics like reclassing and actually being able to position your units unlike FE1/FE3 glares angrily at both of those games.

That, and the overall game plays much more quickly and smoothly than FE1 or FE3.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel done with Fire Emblem for a while though, that play through was certainly something.

You know what I will lobby for.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Mario Is Missing actually had a really neat version of the Mario World Castle theme as a boss theme. Extremely short loop, though.

You're right, that is quite neat. Too neat, for that game of all games.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

"O-ONE MORE, BRO. I'M SURE IF I TRAVEL TO ONE MORE CONTINENT AND LEARN USELESS FACTS, I'LL FIND Y--"

"You have to let me go, Luigi. The sentence wasn't your fault."

And then Luigi realized what he really should do is raid Nintendo's HQ and claim revenge for his brother.

It was bloody.

Yes! I am winner!

...What joke?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t that one barely possible?

Not really, I've seen someone beating it with Est, one of the game's worst units. You just need to be really, really good.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That does not sound like a good FE.

It is really good. It's just really hard, too. Which, hey, you might not enjoy. But at that point it's up to personal preference.

Anyway, isn’t all one needs to be ready for Thracia is a guide?

Yeah. Enemies suck in Thracia and everyone can be a god with scrolls. The problem are Kaga's Kaga moments.

mean, I new that wyverns were the best class and very recommended for maddening mode. And that RaD had a tendency to soft lock people. I likely would have made a thread about it before ever starting, and even then I would have made sure to have a wyvern or ten.

But if it makes you feel better.

It does, thank you very much.

Fe4 will likely always be at the top of my remake list until it gets one.

Anyway, one of the pairings I went for was Byleth and Flayn, because Silver Snow. Their paired ending states “it is said that no matter their age, they always maintained a youthful experience” which implies that Byleth received the longer life span of a Nabatean when they received Sothis’ power. TIL.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Sorry to hear that moving's been such a stresser. If there's anything I could do to help, let me know!

I am trying to think of ways of how you can help me from the other side of the world xD

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As the guy who’s done that 10+ times.

Not by yourself, right? 

Because i moved alot as a kid as well, between countries even (and even that alot), but it was with family xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I am trying to think of ways of how you can help me from the other side of the world xD

I can get you a game that you want on Steam or something...

Their paired ending states “it is said that no matter their age, they always maintained a youthful experience” which implies that Byleth received the longer life span of a Nabatean when they received Sothis’ power. TIL.

Imagine how awkward it would've been if that hadn't been the case. Flayn blinks and suddenly Byleth is in a coffin, having died of old age.

Oh wait, that's all her other pairings. Seteth was right about everything.

Just now, Benice said:

I can get you a game that you want on Steam or something...

Nah man, Money is not a problem, and something like that is not what i would ask of someone i knew online who i never met irl xD

I need more physical help xD

Their paired ending states “it is said that no matter their age, they always maintained a youthful experience” which implies that Byleth received the longer life span of a Nabatean when they received Sothis’ power. TIL.

I am Jack's lack of surprise.

This is why Byleth taking over Fodlan is it's own can of worms, considering the fate of Rhea.

Just now, Dayni said:

This is why Byleth taking over Fodlan is it's own can of worms, considering the fate of Rhea.

Well, considering her fate in a SS S-Ranked, Byleth has good odds, I'd say.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It does not cut it out, unfortunately. If that's a dealbreaker, then I'd say go with FE11.

It’s not a dealbreaker but it does really suck.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

You know what I will lobby for.

I know what everyone here who lobbies for games will lobby for, heh.

I went to a local game store just because I got to the time skip, though, and a picked up a few titles. So I will play one of those.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes! I am winner!

...What joke?

I mean, no. Maddening may have its difficulty spikes, but it's manageable if you know chapter 13 is coming and play the entire game around it.

Reverse Lunatic will break you in half. And then pick up the halves and break them too.

But he needs to find out what a good FE looks like.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, I've seen someone beating it with Est, one of the game's worst units. You just need to be really, really good.

Yes! I love Ests! So much fun.

How would you use an Est when the enemy attacks first though? 🤔

It is really good. It's just really hard, too. Which, hey, you might not enjoy. But at that point it's up to personal preference.

I just completed maddening mode and loved it.

It does, thank you very much.

You’re welcome.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not by yourself, right? 

Because i moved alot as a kid as well, between countries even (and even that alot), but it was with family xD

Oh, oops, I’m sorry then. Guess that was a little tone deaf from me...

But no, never by myself (although this recent one was the first one without my mom ☹️). Always had family.

May I inquire why you moved between countries so frequently..? I mean, since we moved here we’ve never even moved out of the state.

Easy. Don't play reverse lunatic. You actually have sanity. Don't ruin it by playing a difficulty level made for lunatics. XD

Edited by twilitfalchion

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine how awkward it would've been if that hadn't been the case. Flayn blinks and suddenly Byleth is in a coffin, having died of old age.

It’s just never really mentions anywhere else (it might be in Byleth and Seteth’s ending though). It’s nice that they get their happy ending, the paired ending in general was happy.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait, that's all her other pairings. Seteth was right about everything.

Bahaha...

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

since i figured she'd just be a mage but i guess that's Guillo's job.

Forgot to comment on this earlier. Perhaps it's the Guillo devotee in me that is seeing more than is actually there, but I do like Guillo as a "mage". After the Sandfeeder battle, Guillo did get angry at Milly after she insulted their magic.

You're right that Guillo doesn't behave like a traditional magic user. They don't just stand there and wave their hand or a rod or staff or flip the pages of a book and spout incantations. Guillo usually puts their body into it more or less. They're the only one to get Special Attacks of every element, and they get more than the other two, as showcased here.

Crap resolution I know, but this is from 2007. And it's the only special attack collection for the game on YouTube.

Guillo's magical unorthodoxy is unique, it isn't as "delicate" and immobile as the norm, it has a "physicality" to it. Add in Guillo's storyline tendency to plunge their hands into the viscera of the enemy, and you have a magic user that is somewhere betwixt a bookworm and a martial artist, but belonging to neither.

-But again, this could be an Archbishop of the Guillo Cult exaggerating their god's glories.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I didn't expect you to post the entire soundtrack.

Sorry, my computer was running low on juice.

I have no idea. I didn't watch the full run. I just know it's possible. Deltre's the guy, if you're curious.

just completed maddening mode and loved it.

Yes, and the difference is that Maddening lacks the first part.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Easy. Don't play reverse lunatic. You actually have sanity. Don't ruin it by playing a difficulty level made for lunatics. XD

I agree with this. Even I would hesitate. Regular Lunatic was bonkers enough, even with the Warlord of Grust pulverizing armies by himself.

It’s just never really mentions anywhere else (it might be in Byleth and Seteth’s ending though). It’s nice that they get their happy ending, the paired ending in general was happy.

There's something similar happening if you pair:

Spoiler

Byleth and Yuri in non-CF paths, since Yuri is a First-Generation Crest-Bearer, so he too has the Nabatean lifespan or so.