• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you really can't see why I would prefer to buy the game...

Ah, I see, that part I missed.

I wonder how difficult it'd be to get the game itself, regardless of the modding.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you really can't see why I would prefer to buy the game...

Oh...

Well, see, Tirnanog went under after Berwick and was absorbed by Enterbrain. The game and the console its for are both no longer being made or sold, either. I don't know, man, if ethical issues are the problem... At this point the only one who'd be getting money is some dude out there who happens to have a copy of the game and is charging way too much money for it. None of the people who actually had something to do with its development, that's for sure.

Plus, the translation is untested on original hardware, and I've seen someone at the thread that apparently experienced some minor issues.

So uh... Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but I think you might be worrying a bit too much.

Unless you just want to have a physical copy of the game for the heck of it. In which case, well, sure. You do you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Obscure games generally don't go for much, unless they somehow become collector's items.

Right... Still, I would argue it's too much hassle to get a game "legally" when the company that made it doesn't even exist anymore. None of the people responsible for it are going to get that money. Only some guy out there who happened to have the game and decided to sell it for some quick cash. I don't know about anybody else, but personally, I don't feel too bad about just downloading at that point.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hell, it's 5 bucks less than I paid for my copy of Mother 3. Unless you count shipping. But you know.

Well, at least Mother 3 is really good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I miss young Fate-ling and Caster, too ;_;

Especially young Fate-ling (Draggy).

I just hope he'd doing all right wherever he is, and it's nothing serious that's caused his leave. It's all I can do. Really, I know the web's like that. No site holds someone's interest forever. Still, one can't help but regret it when it happens.

Are you in the SF Discord? From what I've always heard, some people simply leave the forums for the Discord.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you in the SF Discord? From what I've always heard, some people simply leave the forums for the Discord.

No. I've never had motivation to look into it. Doesn't hurt that I've been away most of the year thus far for one reason or another. I shouldn't complain about people leaving when I'm almost inactive myself at this stage.

I mostly use Discord if it's out of necessity. And that boils down to being part of projects who use Discord to communicate.

So right now... not using it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt