Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maddening Crimson Flower. Maybe this time, just maybe, hopefully, miraculously I'll finally find the Three Houses set up I can enjoy. I'd love that, not gonna lie.

The best Maddening route by far because you get to avoid GBJ: The Map. Only one I've bothered to play myself, the rest were just not a fun prospect. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and looking at more gameplays I still don't think SRW is quite my cup of tea. It doesn't look bad, exactly, but it doesn't inspire me with confidence, personally. And goddamnit, I still want to like Three Houses. And I don't have much else to do, so... Yeah.

Spite me it is I guess.

I mean, really? Gameplay is the thing you need to... you know, actually play to really know if it's good or bad...

1 minute ago, Spara said:

The best Maddening route by far because you get to avoid GBJ: The Map. Only one I've bothered to play myself, the rest were just not a fun prospect. 

That's exactly why I'm choosing it, yes. Seteth and Catherine are an unfortunate loss, but acceptable in exchange for skipping Softlock at Dawn.

Plus, I get Playable Generic Bossman in Hubert. That's fun.

Also is that a motherfrigging Simpleflips reference? I was not expecting that here...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Also is that a motherfrigging Simpleflips reference? I was not expecting that here...

My references are more powerful than one might expect, that's for sure. 

I wanna play VS, but at the same time i am afraid i will really really dislike it

Well, i used to think the same thing about Berwick, but ended up loving it xD

Well, except the VS demo wasn't really anything special, and it's slower than other SRPG studio games for some reaosn

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Spite me it is I guess.

Hahah, come now, that's not it.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, really? Gameplay is the thing you need to... you know, actually play to really know if it's good or bad...

To be entirely forthcoming with you, I'm a fickle man when it comes to becoming interested in games. I don't have much of a method - I'll just look at some gameplay and if it doesn't make me go "yeah, this looks fun and interesting, I think I'll enjoy this" I tend to not waste my time. Mind, for all I know I might be missing out, but... yeah.

I've watched some gameplay of SRW-J's earlygame, and at risk of sounding like a smol brain dummy, I see all the numbers, all the options, all the mechas, all the different attacks and stuff... On top of the completely flat map and formations of like 9 enemies in triangles that all get one-shotted, and it doesn't exactly entice me. You could call me shallow, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

My references are more powerful than one might expect, that's for sure. 

I can see that. You caught me by surprise!

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I wanna play VS, but at the same time i am afraid i will really really dislike it

Well, except the VS demo wasn't really anything special, and it's slower than other SRPG studio game for some reaosn

VS is an entirely different beast, so that's a valid concern. Personally, I don't think it holds a candle to BWS, but hey, that's just me.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, except the VS demo wasn't really anything special, and it's slower than other SRPG studio games for some reaosn

Vestaria starts out slow, and yeah, it's on an old version of SRPG studio. As the game goes on, it gets a lot more interesting, in both story, unit design, and map design. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

it's on an old version of SRPG studio

should've upgraded it.

Honestly, what i am most afraid of are: Kaga surprises and walking simulations. I've seen some maps with walking simulations, and FE4 and even FE5 had their own walking simulation maps....

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, what i am most afraid of are: Kaga surprises and walking simulations. I've seen some maps with walking simulations, and FE4 and even FE5 had their own walking simulation maps....

Unfortunately, I cannot lie to you: There are some walking simulators. Not nearly to FE4's level, but... I'd say a bit more than FE5.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Also the  fact that it costs money doesn't exactly help the decision to play it, considering there are many interesting free SRPG studio games out there

Yeah, that was to cover translation costs. And to make a HSoS official localization more likely. Which is why everyone here should donate to the cause or I'll kill you.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have a neat little folder with memes in my Imgbox account. Stuff like...

Txrycfai o

Star Treck.

Of course you did.

Eh, to be honest, it's looking likely. I'll wait on HSoS at least a bit, and looking at more gameplays I still don't think SRW is quite my cup of tea. It doesn't look bad, exactly, but it doesn't inspire me with confidence, personally. And goddamnit, I still want to like Three Houses. And I don't have much else to do, so... Yeah. I might play Three Houses again after all. Maddening Crimson Flower. Maybe this time, just maybe, hopefully, miraculously I'll finally find the Three Houses set up I can enjoy. I'd love that, not gonna lie.

Right, well, you won’t have Catherine on this route, as you know, but don’t solo the game with Shamir. Give students kills after your more powerful units weaken enemies up, they will get going eventually. Considering grabbing death blow and fiendish blow (+6 might for physical attacks when you initiate and +6 might for magical attacks when you initiate (the mastery skills of brigand and mage respectively) on your units. An easy way to get class mastery is to go onto a grinding map with a priest, kill every other enemy and just tank that priest’s few uses of renewal. Give whoever you want to give class mastery a broken weapon and just have them repeatedly swing at the priest, if they miraculously hit, end turn a few times and renewal will get them back to full health. There is a 100 turn limit for every map so be careful with that. You’ll be able to get a status upgrade that will give you +2 class exp for action instead of +1, which you will need to grind mastery from an intermediate class in one battle. Unrelated advice: at the beginning of the game, give all your weak sauce units bows so you can have more chip damage for player phase because you will need it. Seminars are a waste of time.

To get on to Crimson Flower, you have to get to C+ support level with Edelgard and make sure you talk to her on the ingame month 2, the one where you go to the holy tomb. Agree to go to Enbarr with her, this is the only way you will not be locked into Silver Snow.

And that’s all the advice I have for now!

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

What does GBJ stand for?

Okay, I've decided. That's it. I'm done trying. End of story.

Anyway, I'll go play some more Another Eden. Man, I've still long to catch up...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Right, well, you won’t have Catherine on this route, as you know, but don’t solo the game with Shamir.

Come now, solos are not my style. Shamir will be the ol' reliable, but I fully intend to go with meme builds. You might say "Ruben that is not wise in Maddening." Well, I say "the day I cannot play FE with meme builds is the day I cease playing FE."

Considering grabbing death blow and fiendish blow (+6 might for physical attacks when you initiate and +6 might for magical attacks when you initiate (the mastery skills of brigand and mage respectively) on your units. An easy way to get class mastery is to go onto a grinding map with a priest, kill every other enemy and just tank that priest’s few uses of renewal. Give whoever you want to give class mastery a broken weapon and just have them repeatedly swing at the priest, if they miraculously hit, end turn a few times and renewal will get them back to full health. There is a 100 turn limit for every map so be careful with that. You’ll be able to get a status upgrade that will give you +2 class exp for action instead of +1, which you will need to grind mastery from an intermediate class in one battle.

Bold of you to assume I'll bother grinding.

Unrelated advice: at the beginning of the game, give all your weak sauce units bows so you can have more chip damage for player phase because you will need it. Seminars are a waste of time.

Seminars do level Byleth's weapon level.

...Of course, you can just do that at the monastery. Three Houses balance!

To get on to Crimson Flower, you have to get to C+ support level with Edelgard and make sure you talk to her on the ingame month 2, the one where you go to the holy tomb. Agree to go to Enbarr with her, this is the only way you will not be locked into Silver Snow.

I already knew this. I got that far in my last Three Houses run, before I got bored and quit because hard.

And that’s all the advice I have for now!

Thanks! Sorry that I'll probably ignore half of it and then complain the game is bad.

What does GBJ stand for?

Gay Baby Jail. It's a reference to a Super Mario 64 speedrunner.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I've decided. That's it. I'm done trying. End of story.

Unrelated, but I love how this theme plays for bosses in FE3. I think it's the only time it happens in the series. I wonder if it's a glitch, because it's hilarious to have this sad, super dramatic piece of music play for all those ugly evil assholes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now, solos are not my style. Shamir will be the ol' reliable, but I fully intend to go with meme builds. You might say "Ruben that is not wise in Maddening." Well, I say "the day I cannot play FE with meme builds is the day I cease playing FE."

Depends if meme builds means “put all my units in classes they’re absolutely horrible in”.

Bold of you to assume I'll bother grinding.

Just some friendly advice.

I already knew this. I got that far in my last Three Houses run, before I got bored and quit because hard.

And yet you want to try it again.

Thanks! Sorry that I'll probably ignore half of it and then complain the game is bad.

It’s your funeral.

Completely unrelated, but something that you’ll want to know about CF and why it’ll be your favorite route:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It’s the only Route where you get to kill Claude and kill Hilda as an enemy.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Depends if meme builds means “put all my units in classes they’re absolutely horrible in”.

...maybe.

And yet you want to try it again.

I'm trying to like your favorite FE. Let me, won't you?

It’s your funeral.

You know, I seem to recall saying something to this effect when you started...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s your funeral.

Hahahahahahahaha.... hahahahahah!

The biggest joke here is that you assume I don't know.

I'm going to break their necks so hard, it'll be the return of Pretzel. That's a reference you won't get - basically it means I'll kill them dead!

...maybe.

I'm trying to like your favorite FE. Let me, won't you?

Just making an observation...

You know, I seem to recall saying something to this effect when you started...

But I actually tried. 😛

Hahahahahahahaha.... hahahahahah!

The biggest joke here is that you assume I don't know.

Actually I thought you likely did, I just wanted to say it.

I'm going to break their necks so hard, it'll be the return of Pretzel. That's a reference you won't get - basically it means I'll kill them dead!

Right, I’m guessing that’s from an LP.

Just now, Sooks said:

You! Quit jinxing it! I'm going to enjoy Three Houses, this is the one! And you cannot stop me!

Just now, Sooks said:

But I actually tried. 😛

Hmph... We'll see who laughs last when mage Ignatz destroys the goddess!

Just now, Sooks said:

Right, I’m guessing that’s from an LP.

I somehow managed to kickstart my LPing career by getting the most pathetic, RNG-screwed Kris in the history of FE12. I still don't know how I did it. I managed to make a bad FE avatar! Guy was worse than Wrys! Wrys!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You mean bottom right? xD

Yes. For the top, uh... Gray ponytail girl? I'm assuming you pick one of each. If it's one, period, EVIL GARBAGE BAG MAN

Just now, Dayni said:

I.. I do not understand the reference.

How the turntables.

It's a meme of Simpleflips, a Super Mario 64 speedrunner.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Yes. For the top, uh... Gray ponytail girl? I'm assuming you pick one of each. If it's one, period, EVIL GARBAGE BAG MAN

Btw. this is the ''EVIL GARBAGE BAG MAN'':

Ufotable_HF_Casual_Caster.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ok, you guys choose for me

For the top, the middle girl's a Mallesia knockoff, so her.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How the turntables.

It's a meme of Simpleflips, a Super Mario 64 speedrunner.

GBJ mean anything?

Edited by Dayni