Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd consider even the Ares to be Real.

The Ares with it's armaments that materialize out of nowhere counts as Real?

Being able to transform its shape might seem Super, but it's not impossible for Reals to have that function.

If you're talking about the vehicle forms, yeah. Maybe the actual act of it might be a little complex but as far as the moving parts go, it's pretty simple.

I haven't a clue on Xenosaga, but you've said they all call for co-pilots barring Jin Uzuki.

Yep although this is specifically for the E.S units. There are standard generic mechs that can be piloted by one person just fine.

• E.S units don't seem to require co-pilots tho. There's Jin of course but three of the villains pilot their own E.S units just fine. But they're all like super elite soldiers so it makes sense.

Speaking of Xenosaga mechs, the Erde Kaiser definitely would fall into Super category.

Chu-Chu- Do giant living beings that are pure flesh and no steel belong to a mecha category?

Nah, that's Kaiju.

It seems the general rule is if any part of it is organically alive, it's considered Kaiju first and mecha second. See: Gigan. Most people would not call Gigan a mecha even if half of his body is mechanical.

51 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I spent the whole movie thinking they killed my boy Rodan offscreen, but it's not really explained what the other Titans are up to. I got the impression that they mysteriously disappeared at some point, so I thought they all ended up in Hollow Earth somehow. We don't see any of the Titans there, so the truth is still unclear.

I don't actually think Rodan is dead. They labeled him as "defeated" which is true, he was defeated by King Ghidorah and later Mothra.

I'm not sure why all the other Titans got labeled as "defeated" (apart from the ones that actually died) but they probably wanted to do the cool tournament bracket thing and you know what, it worked.

I expect licensing issues to be the reason we don't see Rodan and the other Titans probably wouldn't have fit in the movie. Which is fine, because this movie added some new Kaiju to the list.

Spoiler
57 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Skull Island being devastated is sad, because K:SI was a good movie and the natives were friendly despite their stoicness.

You know, i feel like this was glossed over. See, at the beginning, i just thought it was raining on Skull Island but then it's revealed that it's permanent.

I will also say that if there's anything disappointing about this movie, is that Ren Serizawa had like nothing to do and then they kill him off.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Tangled is the best Disney film because the film has a relationship with natural progression between its protagonists. It's cool to see Flynn and Rapunzel organically develop a relationship. Add that to the villain, who is sensational without being over the top and the superb soundtrack and you have the formula for success.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

What about Ratatoing?

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

This studio also has gems such as Chop kick panda, What's up: Balloon to the rescue, and more.

God, I'm ashamed of my country...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Maof06 (ac odyssey spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Just as a heads-up, I followed your advice and didn’t kill Nikolaos. Considering what happens after that does seem important, although knowing how I play these games I certainly would have spared him anyway.

You are a good soul, forgiveness is the key. Now you can still get the best ending. Just don't be a dick in general.

Also, have you completed Odessa's questline?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It seems the general rule is if any part of it is organically alive, it's considered Kaiju first and mecha second. See: Gigan. Most people would not call Gigan a mecha even if half of his body is mechanical.

And the Evas are simply kaijus in armor, then.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

E.S units don't seem to require co-pilots tho. There's Jin of course but three of the villains pilot their own E.S units just fine. But they're all like super elite soldiers so it makes sense.

Theres more than three, though.

13 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You are a good soul, forgiveness is the key. Now you can still get the best ending. Just don't be a dick in general.

That’s generally my play style in these games. I don’t think I’ve been a bAd soul, other than maybe participating in war quest lines by stealing from the Athenian army and attacking them and such, and I say maybe because while this would just seem like standard warfare, I do get a bounty placed over my head because of it.

Also, have you completed Odessa's questline?

I did the one where she’s trying to get to Odysseus’ castle ruins, then the one where she needs medicine for her family and lastly the one where I have to figure out why Megaris is after her and then she slept with Alexios and THEN I recruited her to my ship, so I think so.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And the Evas are simply kaijus in armor, then.

Wait the EVAs are alive?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Theres more than three, though.

Black Testament, Pellagri, Margilus. Am I missing anyone?

I still wish they had more language options available in the Steam version. English-only so far makes weird using the collab characters since they only have Japanese voice overs, so they end up mute instead.

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s generally my play style in these games. I don’t think I’ve been a bAd soul, other than maybe participating in war quest lines by stealing from the Athenian army and attacking them and such, and I say maybe because while this would just seem like standard warfare, I do get a bounty placed over my head because of it.

It doesn't matter if you act against Athens or Sparta, they'll love you all the same, much like FE avatars.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I did the one where she’s trying to get to Odysseus’ castle ruins, then the one where she needs medicine for her family and lastly the one where I have to figure out why Megaris is after her and then she slept with Alexios and THEN I recruited her to my ship, so I think so.

Yep, you completed her questline. Now she can't be killed anymore.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It doesn't matter if you act against Athens or Sparta, they'll love you all the same, much like FE avatars.

I thought as much, especially since you don’t really get to pick a side.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yep, you completed her questline. Now she can't be killed anymore.

Was that relevant for the story or were you just curious?

Heh, looking at the new FEH banner, it reminds me of a story idea I wanted to write for the Writing Competition, though the proper prompt for it never came up. Could've written as part of my for-my-eyes-only stuff instead, ah well, hahaha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was that relevant for the story or were you just curious?

It's relevant to one of the main quests. You'll understand after completing chapter 3.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's relevant to one of the main quests. You'll understand after completing chapter 3.

Ah. Look at me getting lucky!

Assuming that doing her quest line is good for the story.

Edited by Sooks

>Ys Origin

>Devil's Corridor

Yunica: "I see, in order to get through here, I need to play the holy song on the holy harmonica"

Also Yunica: "I forgot the song lol"

It's very cool how the game tells me information and then decides I can't use said information until I feed some random critter some food that is easy to miss.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

How can you only eat two Buffalo wings at once!? I either admire your self restraint or acknowledge your taste differing from mine. I hope you ended up enjoying your trip.

Well, it was only an appetizer split among three people, there were five-six wings total. Plus the pulled pork sandwich & fries were filling. Had I wings alone, I could've downed a whole lot more. 

And I did enjoy it. I'm not one for recklessness in the midst of a pandemic, but it was mostly masked and social-distanced fun. Traffic in the city was light, considering it's a weekend and some pandemic restrictions remain in place, reducing the maddening crowds. Were things back to normal times, I'd just say that sometimes one must have to force oneself out there despite an hour or more of driving to and fro, because the experience will be worth it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If you're talking about the vehicle forms, yeah. Maybe the actual act of it might be a little complex but as far as the moving parts go, it's pretty simple.

Yes, the vehicle forms these transcend the Real-Super divide. Using Banpresto originals, the Grungust (Super) has Gust Wing flier form and Gust Lander tank form, while the R-1 (Real, if you didn't know better you'd mistake it for a Gundam) has the R-Wing, which is a plane form.

The Ares with it's armaments that materialize out of nowhere counts as Real?

I can see your point, although technically it's not impossible for the Ares to keep all its weapons tucked away on it somewhere.

The original Ares is a slightly tricker due to the possible inclusion of dark matter in its design, but it physically it looks Real to me. That, and exotic stuff isn't wholly incompatible with being Real, Banpresto's unmistakably Real original creation the Huckbein runs on a dangerous Black Hole Engine, and the Huckebein Mk. III has a super-radioactive Tronium Engine.

Nah, that's Kaiju.

How in this topic did I forget that term existed for wholly organic giant thing?😅

Whew...that was intense...its time for me to return to an LP that has been on hiatus for far...far...far too long. Although the amount of writing is looking  a bit daunting seeing as I have piled up ~400 images before the battle even started...

Just have played a bit Super Mario World 3D with people online. I'm surprised how much fun this game is (have completed the first world).

About the story: I get some Kirby Triple Deluxe flashbacks when I saw the captured fairies. At least it's different than going to rescue a damsel in distress. Then again a Mario game shouldn't be played for the plot anyways.

Before I finished Kirby's Dreamland 3 which has its ideas for sure, but I can't tolerate all these quests which are required to unlock the true final boss (including some luckbased stuff). At least for people who consider Kirby as too easy, this one is a very challenging game actually. I got almost as many Game Over as lives at the end of Star Allies.

by the way Happy Easter (to all the people who do celebrate it)

I celebrate it in the bed by playing games since weather is bad (though yet far away from what'll await in the next days).

I love these ads that are like "wait don't click skip, I only need 10 seconds, c'mon hear me out here man." Or the ones that are like "Oh, so you're just gonna skip this ad, like all the other ones? Hmph, you poor fool." They sound so desperate. Do these tactics truly work? Does someone actually not skip the ad if the ad begs them not to? Because I can tell you, it doesn't work on me. I want the ad gone so I can listen to Want You Gone.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Whew...that was intense...its time for me to return to an LP that has been on hiatus for far...far...far too long. Although the amount of writing is looking  a bit daunting seeing as I have piled up ~400 images before the battle even started...

On hiatus for far too long? Intense? Hmm...

...400 images of text? Okay, now I know what it is lol

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Just have played a bit Super Mario World 3D with people online. I'm surprised how much fun this game is (have completed the first world).

Oh yeah, the game is super underrated. Really nice Mario. Especially because you can play as not Mario.