• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, so I just made a surprising discovery. Turns out, if someone's captured in chapter 1-2, they're rescued at the end, like in the prison chapter. I guess because they can hardly ship off prisoners to the homeland from their tiny volcano cave. Maybe the game just felt like cutting the player some slack in the first chapter?

Whatever the reason is, I'm glad! Izerna's back, so I get to trade in Disaad for furniture money. Whoop-de-doo.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So someone asked me for good motivational/advice quotes from games...

any suggestions?

"Parents can eat shit."

- Holmes, TearRing Saga.

...Okay no. I can't really think of anything right now, I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, what about it?

Hide contents

Is it that they switched back but then switched again? Or that it all happened because of the run-over-by-truck business? Or you were fine with it?

I'm not sad the way it ended, I'm sad because it ended. That was the only manga in infinity of this genre that deals with the issue seriously, and I would read easily over 100 chapters just to see their relationship developing. The biggest problem is, as I said in the thread, that the end of the manga was rushed to give them a different ending than the webcomic.

Spoiler

The series should be longer to make them fall in love organically. I never felt that Yui liked Yuuta. She spent 2/3 of the manga liking Kazuma and angsting that she couldn't act on her feelings because she wasn't in her body, and when Kazuma finally confesses she simply refuses because she remembered Yuuta. I couldn't care less about Truck-kun or the fact that they changed quickly, I just wanted to see good interactions between them.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Definitely motivational:

Fallout New Vegas | Fallout funny, Fallout new vegas, Fallout 3 new vegas

Because if an idiot like him can nail it...

Oh hey, I actually remember this guy. He was part of one of, like, four sidequests I did before becoming tunnel-visioned into my goal of world conquest.

If I recall correctly, I backstabbed him and did what the other doctor asked of me. Which was... about the only decision I made in the entire game that didn't serve to worsen the situation of the world as a whole. I was an evil dickhead otherwise, but that one time there was a statbooster at stake, so...

Okay, how about this one?

A great quote from Joshua Graham, Fallout NV. | Fallout art, Fallout quotes,  Fallout new vegas

12 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I'm not sad the way it ended, I'm sad because it ended. That was the only manga in infinity of this genre that deals with the issue seriously, and I would read easily over 100 chapters just to see their relationship developing. The biggest problem is, as I said in the thread, that the end of the manga was rushed to give them a different ending than the webcomic.

Reveal hidden contents

The series should be longer to make them fall in love organically. I never felt that Yui liked Yuuta. She spent 2/3 of the manga liking Kazuma and angsting that she couldn't act on her feelings because she wasn't in her body, and when Kazuma finally confesses she simply refuses because she remembered Yuuta. I couldn't care less about Truck-kun or the fact that they changed quickly, I just wanted to see good interactions between them.

I see. Well, I doubt it's the only one... but I have to agree that it did tackled the matter in a serious matter. Personally... I'm not too picky on what to see when perusing those type of situations. As a comedy, drama, or something or other. So long it's done well.

Like, one manga I liked to read was "Jun and Kaoru". This one doesn't involve body swapping. Rather, their genders are constantly flipping every midnight. Apart from the concept being unique or at least very uncommon, what got me interested was that how, by the time the manga begins, they've become so used to it the whole thing is just dealt as just another fact of life. So the plot is more slice of life like, with an odd gimmick going on. Well, at least to me that was interesting to read.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

any suggestions?

"People are never powerless so long as they are together!" - Joshua Bright, Trails in the Sky SC

>sneaks into a fort filled with armed guards with the aim of just killing one guy and getting out

>barely manages to get to him without being spotted by the armed guards that are still everywhere

>screams at the top of his lungs after he kills the target

How Alexios hasn’t been killed on one of his missions before, I have no idea...

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A great quote from Joshua Graham, Fallout NV. | Fallout art, Fallout quotes,  Fallout new vegas

better!

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

"People are never powerless so long as they are together!" - Joshua Bright, Trails in the Sky SC

works!

I have no idea if that's the kind of motivational quote you were looking for, but yeah. It was the first to come to mind.

EDIT: Nice. 👍

Edited by twilitfalchion

@Maof06 how do I “acquire a disguise from Elepnor”? I killed him and it won’t let me do anything.

Never mind it worked.

Edited by Sooks

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I see. Well, I doubt it's the only one... but I have to agree that it did tackled the matter in a serious matter.

Yes, he is not the only one to do this. I myself was reading a manga that took the topic seriously before, and it was through it that I discovered Bitter Change.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally... I'm not too picky on what to see when perusing those type of situations. As a comedy, drama, or something or other. So long it's done well.

Me neither, I can read anything. It's just that, for example, this genre is saturated with comedies, so it has become extremely formulaic. So when a work appears that does things differently, it kind of gives a revitalization.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, one manga I liked to read was "Jun and Kaoru". This one doesn't involve body swapping. Rather, their genders are constantly flipping every midnight. Apart from the concept being unique or at least very uncommon, what got me interested was that how, by the time the manga begins, they've become so used to it the whole thing is just dealt as just another fact of life. So the plot is more slice of life like, with an odd gimmick going on. Well, at least to me that was interesting to read.

I just took a look at that one. So far it's good.

Me ~20 minutes ago:

ONE FUCKING ROCK YEETING MONSTER IN THE REINFORCEMENTS MOVED GODDAMMIT FATES I KNOW NOT CHECKING'S ON ME BUT WHEN THE GUY NEXT TO HIM DOESN'T IT'S EASY TO SEE WHY PRESUMPTIONS WOULD BE MADE

And I was right at the end of the map too.

Hence the frustration.

I have to do the map again.

Corrin was finally levelling Spd too.

Fuck.

Me now:

Man these snipers are a bit of a worry. Will I do what happened the last time again?

Edited by Dayni

12 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yes, he is not the only one to do this. I myself was reading a manga that took the topic seriously before, and it was through it that I discovered Bitter Change.

Me neither, I can read anything. It's just that, for example, this genre is saturated with comedies, so it has become extremely formulaic. So when a work appears that does things differently, it kind of gives a revitalization.

I just took a look at that one. So far it's good.

Oh, really? And which one was that?

I get that sentiment. But I guess it's easier to find entertainment in a comedy.

DRAGON WARD SAVED A RUN

Well not quite.

It would have certainly hurt Silas if it hadn't activated though.

Edit: NOPE SCRATCH THAT CORRIN DIED

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is she endgame ready at base tho?

Definitely not with having 15 Spd coming into Chapter 22.

Least this map she's been levelling Spd repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

any suggestions?

N's quotes at the ending of Pokemon Black and White:

• In Black:
Replied yes at Chargestone Cave: "<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! <Player>! If anyone can, it's you! Well, then… Farewell!"
Replied no at Chargestone Cave: "Dream your dream! Follow the path of truth to make that dream a reality, and someday you will achieve all that you dreamed of! Well, then... Farewell!"
  • In White:
Replied yes at Chargestone Cave: "<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! <Player>! Well, then… Farewell!"
Replied no at Chargestone Cave: "Dream your dream! Then, pursue the ideals to make that dream a reality, and someday you will achieve all that you dreamed of! Well then… Farewell!"
29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, really? And which one was that?

I get that sentiment. But I guess it's easier to find entertainment in a comedy.

This one. I’ll warn you that it becomes edgy very fast.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

This one. I’ll warn you that it becomes edgy very fast.

Oh, I remember reading a bit of that one.

Yeah... not my cup of tea, so I dropped it.

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

N's quotes at the ending of Pokemon Black and White:

• In Black:
Replied yes at Chargestone Cave: "<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! <Player>! If anyone can, it's you! Well, then… Farewell!"
Replied no at Chargestone Cave: "Dream your dream! Follow the path of truth to make that dream a reality, and someday you will achieve all that you dreamed of! Well, then... Farewell!"
  • In White:
Replied yes at Chargestone Cave: "<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! <Player>! Well, then… Farewell!"
Replied no at Chargestone Cave: "Dream your dream! Then, pursue the ideals to make that dream a reality, and someday you will achieve all that you dreamed of! Well then… Farewell!"

👍