Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was jotting down some notes on the Spanish Empire, wherein it stated the infamous silver mines at Potosi saw about 40 laborers die each day. This, despite the 6-day shifts only lasting 4 months, and a person was forced into those four months of labor only once in every 7 years. -At least on paper this was how it worked.

Apparently, the corrupt local elite that oversaw this abusive system weren't big on government inspectors. With the book I was copying from implying that at least one inspector was killed with poisoned hot chocolate.

I feel like that's a good way to let the government know something is wrong. "Our inspector met with the person overlooking this mine and he just dropped dead suddenly. Hmmmm".

Whether the government actually did something about the working conditions of the mines is a different matter entirely. This was long before labor laws were a thing so idk.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

why is it so cold in April of all things while in February i was walking outside with shorth sleeves

wth

Please bring that cold over here please.

Signed: Florida hellhole resident.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck! You should use Amelia, she's amazing as a general.

Idk if you're being serious or not but i unironically use Amelia as a General because fast General is funny.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Rune Factory because I'm also playing 4 right now.

Ah, i see you're a man of culture as well.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, i see you're a man of culture as well.

Do I take it as your vote?

Haha, not that it matters. RF is winning that poll, doubt it will get dethroned.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk if you're being serious or not but i unironically use Amelia as a General because fast General is funny.

Come now Armagon, at this point you know how I roll. I was being ironic, but you know I totally use general Amelia.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'Aight, chapter 2-main is complete. I captured Valentin for the bounty money.

When I read this I thought of this guy:

Ch2-3-valantin.png

Valantin- greatest space pirate around -not that you get to see him in action very much. But, he does have his greatest in the world battleship, appropriately called the Corsair, capable of making its own wormholes for instantaneous travel through the all-too-big universe.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whether the government actually did something about the working conditions of the mines is a different matter entirely. This was long before labor laws were a thing so idk.

Apparently they did try to improve working conditions at Huancavelia in modern Peru, where they mined for the mercury needed for mining the silver at Potosi. Mercury, still used in precious metal mining to this day, is not a cure for syphilis nor an elixir of immortality, and instead makes you insane and kills the fishies in the nearby rivers too.

It might be a testament to the essential inhumanity of the Spanish New World colonial mining system that trying to make Huancavelia less deadly, contributed to fluctuations in silver production at Potosi starting in 1591-92, and then go into irreversible decline from 1605 onwards.

Meanwhile, the decline in silver caused worsened the great Spanish debt spiral, because the only things saving Spain from declaring bankruptcy in this period were colonial silver imports and the monarchy's public image as a strong empire.

So in short, inhuman working conditions were vital to sustaining a great power that had extended itself past its limits.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-05-at-3-24-56-PM.png

I stumbled on this. -Not to spoil too much.

Kaguya is usually sweet and innocent, so the language is unexpected coming from her.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

When I read this I thought of this guy:

Ch2-3-valantin.png

Valantin- greatest space pirate around -not that you get to see him in action very much. But, he does have his absolute best battleship, appropriately called the Corsair, capable of making its own wormholes for instantaneous travel through the all-too-big universe.

Hah! Nah, this Valentin is just some drunken asshole who runs at you with a wind sword and gets clobbered for bounty moneys. Nowhere near this fellow's level.

Though I must say, this guy needs to work on his beard game. That long soul patch is kinda sad.

@Maof06

Spoiler

So I’m in another IRL segment as the girl who’s using the machine thing to look at Alexios’ memories or something and... do I need to read the stuff on the computer? Is any of that important for the game? There’s a lot on there. A looot.

Or is there anything I need to do at all? This segment feels important considering that the lady is like are you absolutely 1000% certain you want to go back?

Edited by Sooks

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Question to the apparent thread Florida man from the guy who hasn't been there this millennium:

Any recommendations that aren't theme parks? Is there that many meth alligators in the Everglades?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least she's being honest?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ain't got nothing to...

Para los señoritos que se quejan del calor: Así se pone aquí en Mexicali  cada año. - 9GAG

Then again, Florida's is humid heat...

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Overhere we have lukewarm temperatures. Envy me, fools!

Nice, I quoted the wrong thing from Armagon. Well, you know what I meant to quote.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

That was more the heat sensation, but we do break 50C at least once per Summer.

What's there to envy?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That sounds like trying to copy Captain Harlock.

Well, the developers of Infinite Space admit they borrowed from a particular sci-fi classic novel. It would be of no surprise whatsoever if Nude Maker (lovely name for a company) were directly influenced it or influenced by a different source of the idea you comment upon. They reportedly had a Macross artist come in and design a few of the ships for this battleship space opera. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Our temperature is quite varied depending on the time of year. But it’s April so it’s warm right now.

77 degrees... Fahrenheit. Don’t @ my imperial soul.

Edited by Sooks

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Nah, this Valentin is just some drunken asshole who runs at you with a wind sword and gets clobbered for bounty moneys. Nowhere near this fellow's level.

My friend who was playing TRS a few weeks ago (the one with the incredibly strong Leonie) started Berwick recently, and her luck was pure garbage with him, couldn't land anything. Though she did manage to kill Fuva with Christine and Ruby, amazingly.

Also, did you see my post from last night detailing my thoughts on HSoS?

Just now, Spara said:

My friend who was playing TRS a few weeks ago (the one with the incredibly strong Leonie)

You mean every person that has ever used Leonie?

Just now, Spara said:

started Berwick recently, and her luck was pure garbage with him, couldn't land anything. Though she did manage to kill Fuva with Christine and Ruby, amazingly.

Ahahahahah... This is such a Berwick sentence. Lovely, absolutely lovely.

I wish her luck! May she follow in the light of Derrick and be blessed as we are.

Just now, Spara said:

Also, did you see my post from last night detailing my thoughts on HSoS?

Crap, I missed it. Lemme just... Okay, here we go.

All right, just read through it. It's exactly what I thought it'd be: Awesome game, Kaga is high, god damn you let me have an official translation.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but you know I totally use general Amelia.

Based.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The most relatable character.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I’m in another IRL segment as the girl who’s using the machine thing to look at Alexios’ memories or something and... do I need to read the stuff on the computer? Is any of that important for the game? There’s a lot on there. A looot.

Completely unrelated but I think it's really funny how Assassin's Creed is consistently about someone just strapping on a VR headset and replaying their ancestor's memories or something like that.

Like the games just couldn't be about an assassin in *insert time period here*, no, there needs to be some sci-fi tech involved.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Question to the apparent thread Florida man from the guy who hasn't been there this millennium:

Any recommendations

No.

Theme parks are like the only reason anyone would want to come here and if you want recommendations that aren't that....I got nothing.

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

My friend who was playing TRS a few weeks ago (the one with the incredibly strong Leonie) started Berwick recently, and her luck was pure garbage with him, couldn't land anything.

This just sounds like typical Berwick early game experience.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile Adel and Leon with 80% accuracy thanks to Supporter...

She didn't bring Adel but brought Leon because Deathmatch is funny. 

Though I adore Adel, I like that style of thinking xD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Theme parks are like the only reason anyone would want to come here and if you want recommendations that aren't that....I got nothing.

Oh, I'll just not go then I suppose.

I mean, outside the pandemic context.