Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem: you can marry a girl who can transform into a dragon.

Crusader Kings: you can marry just the dragon.

At least that's what i'm getting from this chart.

Haha, sadly to say, that's actually not what that means.

CK2 has as event that, if a character fulfilled certain requirements, gets the nickname "The Dragon". Later on, another event triggers in which people discuss about the character, but what's real or not has started to get blurry. The result? People think "The Dragon" was a literal thing. It unlocks a bloodline for the character's dynasty, and changes his portrait and culture into that of a dragon. So no, no actual dragons in vanilla CK2.

You can, however...

I think Glitterhoof might fancy me...: CrusaderKings

Romance a horse. Also bears and cats I believe, due to the events and exploits you can do in this game.

That said, CK2 has a mode called "Animal Kingdoms", which adds legit animals as characters into the game world. But I don't know the full extent on what you can do in there or not.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can, however...

Romance a horse. Also bears and cats I believe, due to the events and exploits you can do in this game.

Is the horse an exploit?

Just now, Sooks said:

Is the horse an exploit?

Kinda.

Glitterhoof is an event character. It shows for any ruler with the Lunatic trait. Basically, they pull a Caligula and appoint the horse as Chancellor. Now, there is another exploit with this. Glitterhoof is hard-coded to never be able to marry and stuff, BUT, if you give Glitterhoof a Bishopric, then a County title so it becomes Prince-Bishopric, since it needs courtiers and stuff the game makes a few spawn. Thing is, this is tied by culture, so it makes horse courtiers spawn. Horses that can marry each other... or human characters... and bear children with them or father them... and stuff.

Yep.

Similar events include the Lunatic ruler appointing a cat as Spymaster. Same exploit applies about making more spawn via title-giving. Which can lead to that Cat Pope pic I posted.

Another event is when a character is revealed to have been a bear all along. Since this can happen when the character is already married... yep, that marriage is still valid and more children can come out of it. That one actually happened with my dynasty in my CK2 Playthrough I posted here a while back.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So I've been testing out my Megadimension Neptunia VII changes out with the difficulty and so far... not too bad! Still needs to be a little harder, though. 

I dont want the game to be just one shot fests all the time, after all.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can, however...

Somehow, I am not surprised you can make a whole dynasty of furries in CK.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Somehow, I am not surprised you can make a whole dynasty of furries in CK.

The best part is that it can get worse. Add Zoroastrianism or Reformed Pagans with Divine Marriage doctrine and their ability to marry family members into the mix and...

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m starting to think one game at a time might not be enough... maybe if I upped it to two.....

I don't know what you're looking for, but if you've got a PS4, you may be interested in trying a dark souls game...

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know what you're looking for, but if you've got a PS4, you may be interested in trying a dark souls game...

Hahahaha! Noooo! I want to live!

A hardcore action-y game is not my cup of tea.

I just have the two other games I picked up recently (Spider-Man for the PS4 because I don’t always live under a rock and Civilization VI because something looking very interesting is enough to get me to pay when it’s $11 and I liked a spin-off for those who are curious). But we’ll see.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess you wouldn't like Monster Hunter: World then...?

Do you die every two seconds if you’re not a pro?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you die every two seconds if you’re not a pro?

No, definitely not. There's a learning curve, but World and Rise especially are very beginner friendly. And they're also less grindy compared to the older games. MH overall isn't terribly difficult as much as it is complex.

Edited by twilitfalchion

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And they're also less grindy compared to the older games. MH overall isn't terribly difficult as much as it is complex.

Worth noting that saying this is kinda missing the bigger picture. Monster Hunter is primarily a multiplayer-based game, the grind is baked into the design.

Rise and World are more single player games (well Rise anyway) so naturally they are less grinding.

Hm? Got curious and...

Well well well, let's see here...

Spoiler

Good Ending: Basically what my modded Victoria 2 playthroughs boil down to, hehe. Though it needs more border expansion... but that's covered in another ending. Sadly, the universe was set this ending became borderline impossible to achieve.

Neutral Ending: As above, but with just regular Victoria 2, hehe. Also as above, we had most of everything against this from achieving this.

Bad Ending: The canon ending. Fortunately, racism saved us from permanent total annexation.

Secret Ending: That wouldn't be Mexico, does it even count to be there?

Zimmerman Ending: By this point impossible to achieve, unless Yellowstone blew up crippling the US or something. But then, if that were to happen...

Maximiliano Ending: Could've actually been nice for this to have happened. Don't be fooled, Juarez was somewhat of a hypocrite and enjoys "History is written by the winners" bias. Maximillian at least gave a damn to help the country out, which is more than can be said for most of our actual rulers. So, again, we were screwed out of anything but the Bad Ending.

Red Ending: Also impossible. Just see how the US flipped out at Red Cuba. Do you think they would've tolerated a Soviet-aligned, or even Communist-leaning Mexico? HAH

Cursed Ending: This is just Maximiliano Ending with extra steps. Also kinda impossible, since the US would've done anything in its power to ensure we'd free ourselves anyway. Just like how the British and the Americans couldn't stay hostile with each other for long, the US would've reached some level of tolerance to the local government and... "nudge" them out of France's SoI.

Darkest Ending: Needs serious big changes in the course of history to be classified as "Darkest". Spain was in decline by the 19th century. Far from remaining colonies, we'd have soon instead turned a path not unlike the British Dominions. Other outcome? Latin America becomes the dog-wagging tail of the Spanish Empire, as we become more and more the center of power, and not Madrid.

WTF Ending: Self-explanatory... and also what most people that write AH's that I've seen consider as our "natural" outcome. That or US annexation of most/all of the pieces.

Golden Ending: My plans for HoI4.  Golden Eagle Ending 10/10 would Mexico again.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On the topic of promotions: Reject level 20, embrace spear level 20 sword level 20 small shield level 20 unit level 10 and must've levelled up at least once after being permanently recruited.

Or, magic 5. Just magic 5.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sorry Canada. Sorry Benice.

This must've been uploaded in opposite day, the bad ending is the good ending

I looked up the Spain version of this. The good ending is that Rome never fell so Spain didn't need to come into existence. Spain's good ending is that Spain doesn't exist. Absolutely marvelous.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Pent is called "Mage General" in that gacha!?

Pah!

No one's doing official presumption against me and my sisters!

Kidding aside I completed my second videogame ever at 100% yesterday (after Tales of Berseria): Kirby's Return To Dreamland. Unlike in the 3DS sequels it's way easier to do it since it doesn't feature secret stuff which can be skipped easily.

Also purchased Splatoon 2 past weekend and already had a few online matches. Originally I thought this game is childish and I never have played a 3D shooter since Goldeneye64 (more than 20 years ago, lol), this game surprised me very positively. Going to start the missions later though since I yet have to playthrough Kirby's Epic Yarn and Mario 3D World first (hopefully I manage to do it in this week). At least first impression of this game was really good.

10 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Pent is called "Mage General" in that gacha!?

Pah!

No one's doing official presumption against me and my sisters!

Oi, quit dissing one of the characters that I like from FE7! That dude deserves every letter of his title!

10 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Also purchased Splatoon 2 past weekend and already had a few online matches. Originally I thought this game is childish and I never have played a 3D shooter since Goldeneye64 (more than 20 years ago, lol), this game surprised me very positively. Going to start the missions later though since I yet have to playthrough Kirby's Epic Yarn and Mario 3D World first (hopefully I manage to do it in this week). At least first impression of this game was really good.

Oh yeah, Splatoon is awesome. Only problem is Nintendo Online, but well, if you're willing to put up with that, the game itself is great.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oi, quit dissing one of the characters that I like from FE7! That dude deserves every letter of his title!

I remember he served me well in my HHM run. In the chapter against Lloyd he was a really good mage tank.

I must admit FE7 is pretty much forgettable for me, can't really think of any characters I liked or disliked.

Also I have nothing against him, it's just that I'm the true "Mage General".