Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I remember he served me well in my HHM run. In the chapter against Lloyd he was a really good mage tank.

I must admit FE7 is pretty much forgettable for me, can't really think of any characters I liked or disliked.

Yeah, I feel similarly. There's a few characters I'm fond of, but the rest of them are a blur.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm honest this applies to most FE games for me which aren't Judgral, Tellius, Echoes and to some extent Three Houses. 

I think I liked Dorcas because he cared for his wife, but in gameplay he ended being a benchwarmer. Was better that way not to make his wife worrying.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Worth noting that saying this is kinda missing the bigger picture. Monster Hunter is primarily a multiplayer-based game, the grind is baked into the design.

Rise and World are more single player games (well Rise anyway) so naturally they are less grinding.

Well, that's not exactly what I meant. Yes, the newer games are made better for both styles of play, but the mechanics themselves have also been changed to allow for an easier time either way when collecting items. World introduced a lot of QoL, and Rise only streamlined things more. Hunting and gathering is much faster and the required items for crafting are fewer.

Morning all.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Morning all.

Morning, twilit! How're you?

Fucking damnit. Every time. Every single time I play chapter 3-main of Berwick Saga, I forget something. Every single fucking time. You wouldn't believe I've played this map five times now!

This time, I gave Clifford the harpoon so he could injure Agvan and Garos if the opportunity arised. Just caught Agvan in a pretty nice spot right after a save, I went to attack him, and... I realized I reset to get some horses and then forgot to do it again.

So now I have no way to reliably injure the bounties. And if I don't capture them, I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the furniture.

Fuck me sideways.

EDIT: Okay, the universe has decided to cut me some slack. After just four attempts, Ward was able to injure Agvan. Then, with a wooden arrow and a bit more luck, Christine crippled him. Absolutely perfect. If I die before turn 15 I'm gonna cry.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Got curious and...

Well well well, let's see here...

Reveal hidden contents

Good Ending: Basically what my modded Victoria 2 playthroughs boil down to, hehe. Though it needs more border expansion... but that's covered in another ending. Sadly, the universe was set this ending became borderline impossible to achieve.

Neutral Ending: As above, but with just regular Victoria 2, hehe. Also as above, we had most of everything against this from achieving this.

Bad Ending: The canon ending. Fortunately, racism saved us from permanent total annexation.

Secret Ending: That wouldn't be Mexico, does it even count to be there?

Zimmerman Ending: By this point impossible to achieve, unless Yellowstone blew up crippling the US or something. But then, if that were to happen...

Maximiliano Ending: Could've actually been nice for this to have happened. Don't be fooled, Juarez was somewhat of a hypocrite and enjoys "History is written by the winners" bias. Maximillian at least gave a damn to help the country out, which is more than can be said for most of our actual rulers. So, again, we were screwed out of anything but the Bad Ending.

Red Ending: Also impossible. Just see how the US flipped out at Red Cuba. Do you think they would've tolerated a Soviet-aligned, or even Communist-leaning Mexico? HAH

Cursed Ending: This is just Maximiliano Ending with extra steps. Also kinda impossible, since the US would've done anything in its power to ensure we'd free ourselves anyway. Just like how the British and the Americans couldn't stay hostile with each other for long, the US would've reached some level of tolerance to the local government and... "nudge" them out of France's SoI.

Darkest Ending: Needs serious big changes in the course of history to be classified as "Darkest". Spain was in decline by the 19th century. Far from remaining colonies, we'd have soon instead turned a path not unlike the British Dominions. Other outcome? Latin America becomes the dog-wagging tail of the Spanish Empire, as we become more and more the center of power, and not Madrid.

WTF Ending: Self-explanatory... and also what most people that write AH's that I've seen consider as our "natural" outcome. That or US annexation of most/all of the pieces.

Golden Ending: My plans for HoI4.  Golden Eagle Ending 10/10 would Mexico again.

Ah yes, I saw that one too but didn’t get most of the history referenced because ‘merica.

Though even to me the bad ending did seem quite bad. I think that’s due to the music and the “you failed”.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This must've been uploaded in opposite day, the bad ending is the good ending

I am legally obligated to say that the secret ending is the best one.

I looked up the Spain version of this. The good ending is that Rome never fell so Spain didn't need to come into existence. Spain's good ending is that Spain doesn't exist. Absolutely marvelous.

Heh.... haha! That’s an interesting take.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm doing alright. You?

For someone who barely slept last night due to constant nosebleeds, I'm feeling surprisingly okay. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This time, I gave Clifford the harpoon so he could injure Agvan and Garos if the opportunity arised. Just caught Agvan in a pretty nice spot right after a save, I went to attack him, and... I realized I reset to get some horses and then forgot to do it again.

So now I have no way to reliably injure the bounties. And if I don't capture them, I'm not sure I'll be able to get all the furniture.

F

1 minute ago, Spara said:

For someone who barely slept last night due to constant nosebleeds, I'm feeling surprisingly okay. 

F

Sorry to hear that, although it's good that you're feeling pretty alright despite that.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry to hear that, although it's good that you're feeling pretty alright despite that.

Thanks. Hopefully my professors will be understanding that I'll still be pretty out of it despite that. 

14 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oof... Hope you get better soon.

14 minutes ago, Spara said:

F

It's all right. Kaga was merciful, so I was able to capture Agvan regardless. Garos might be a lost cause, but I'm sure I can afford one dead bounty.

...Though there was a bit of a scare when he tried to escape by walking two hexes to his right and just... leaving through the edge of the map. Thankfully, 2 HP doesn't let you get too far, so I was able to block him off. And then Ruby took him and got a shield point from the level. Awesome.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, I saw that one too but didn’t get most of the history referenced because ‘merica.

Though even to me the bad ending did seem quite bad. I think that’s due to the music and the “you failed”.

Like I said, Bad Ending is the Canon Ending.

Our history in the 19th century, and arguably beyond it too, is like playing a D&D campaign where your 20-face die has no number higher than a 5, and that's being generous...

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wrys won a Voting Gauntlet.

4l876z.gif

Y E S

Wasn't he losing spectacularly to Flayn a while ago, though? I don't know where I saw it, but I think so!

Been shooting at Garos with Christine using a really shitty bow/arrow combo in order to try and injure him for like 10 minutes. Finally, I gave up and decided to just see if Sylvis would maim him into a cripple, and if not, I'd just kill him.

Sylvis injured him. She also left him at 2 HP, so there was nothing I could do but reset and keep trying now that the game has reminded me that it is, in fact, possible.

Urgh...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Wasn't he losing spectacularly to Flayn a while ago, though? I don't know where I saw it, but I think so!

Well he won that.

And then the rest of the gauntlet.

Somehow Rhys was the other finalist.

Just now, Dayni said:

Somehow? He's a Tellius character, and then a Greil Merc at that. Doesn't surprise me he made it to finalist.

Just now, Dayni said:

Well he won that.

And then the rest of the gauntlet.

Bwahahahahahah... Okay, that is great. Heroes is still shit, but this particular thing is great.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Somehow? He's a Tellius character, and then a Greil Merc at that. Doesn't surprise me he made it to finalist.

He's one of the least noteworthy GMs in a gauntlet with Flayn, Natasha, Silque, Forrest (who probably should be more popular) and Wrys (And Sara and Brady I guess, I like them, but one's from Thracia and the other's Brady). Maybe more even but I'd suspect his being a free unit was a factor in his favour too.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He's one of the least noteworthy GMs in a gauntlet with Flayn, Natasha, Silque, Forrest (who probably should be more popular) and Wrys (And Sara and Brady I guess, I like them, but one's from Thracia and the other's Brady). Maybe more even but I'd suspect his being a free unit was a factor in his favour too.

Don't underestimate the power of association. He's from Tellius, and he's a Greil Merc. And his opponents were Sarah (Thracia unit and thus not well known outside Japan) and Forrest (whose shtick either makes or breaks him as a character, depending on who you ask).

Edited by Acacia Sgt