Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

He's from Tellius

What is a Tellius?

-You overestimate it, Serenesforest has a disproportionately high number of Telly fans. Being stuck on the 'Cube and Wii, the games have little accessibility, and their sales weren't great in Japan and probably anywhere else. Tellius is not truly popular, it's a passionate minority that adores it.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is a Tellius?

-You overestimate it, Serenesforest has a disproportionately high number of Telly fans. Being stuck on the 'Cube and Wii, the games have little accessibility, and their sales weren't great in Japan and probably anywhere else. Tellius is not truly popular, it's a passionate minority that adores it.

Feel like you could apply this to most Fire Emblems honestly. Modern FE is in a league on it's own but aside from that, Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones are like the only other accessible Fire Emblems because Virtual Console.

Looking at it from a worldwide angle, i know Archanea and Judgral were pretty popular in Japan.

Okay! That took way too long. Like 15 minutes in total, but Garos is finally injured. I can take him down to 1 HP with another arrow - if he doesn't get crippled I'm gonna cry.

...And then I'll load a savestate, because while I value the legitimacy of my runs, I value my time more, and with the save I have my time is the only thing I stand to lose.

But first, I've another hour of class to sit through.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Feel like you could apply this to most Fire Emblems honestly. Modern FE is in a league on it's own but aside from that, Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones are like the only other accessible Fire Emblems because Virtual Console.

Heck, I'd argue it's not even all of modern FE. It's only Three Houses that has really managed to attain mainstream status. Everything else has its fanbases, with varying sizes (Awakening and Fates are definitely on the bigger side), but none are really on the level of Three Houses. Clearly good marketing >>>>>>>>> good game design.

Looking at it from a worldwide angle, i know Archanea and Judgral were pretty popular in Japan.

If I recall correctly Mystery of the Emblem was the best selling FE in Japan until like Three Houses. So yeah, Archanea is pretty big there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I'd argue it's not even all of modern FE. It's only Three Houses that has really managed to attain mainstream status. Everything else has its fanbases, with varying sizes (Awakening and Fates are definitely on the bigger side), but none are really on the level of Three Houses. Clearly good marketing >>>>>>>>> good game design.

Awakening being better than Three Houses 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everything else has its fanbases, with varying sizes (Awakening and Fates are definitely on the bigger side), but none are really on the level of Three Houses.

Awakening got big enough to where it saved the series so i'd argue at least for that, it goes more than just "varying sizes".

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I recall correctly Mystery of the Emblem was the best selling FE in Japan until like Three Houses. So yeah, Archanea is pretty big there.

It was the best-selling FE period until Three Houses beat it iirc.

Although technically, Fates was split into three, so if you combine the totals, Fates becomes the best selling. But that's cheating.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Hey, I agree with the claim that Awakening has much more quality than 3H! 

Better characters/gameplay/storyline and on a much more personal level, art style.

Perfection reincarnated in Jameson, btw.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wha... Are you implying I'm saying Awakening is better than Three Houses? You misinterpreted my words, I definitely wasn't trying to say that. We're talking sales here, and I'm fairly certain Awakening cannot match Three Houses.

Just now, Armagon said:

Awakening got big enough to where it saved the series so i'd argue at least for that, it goes more than just "varying sizes".

Well, that's true, yes.

Just now, Armagon said:

It was the best-selling FE period until Three Houses beat it iirc.

Not "period." It would've been impossible for it to have been the best selling FE period, considering it didn't leave Japan.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Better characters/gameplay/storyline and on a much more personal level, art style.

You know, I swear that this is the first time I've heard someone say something good about Awakening in like, a year.

I might have to play Awakening one of these days. At the very least, I won't be as supremely disappointed as I was with Three Houses, because my expectations for Awakening are nonexistent.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha... Are you implying I'm saying Awakening is better than Three Houses? You misinterpreted my words, I definitely wasn't trying to say that. We're talking sales here, and I'm fairly certain Awakening cannot match Three Houses.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Clearly good marketing >>>>>>>>> good game design.

——

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Better characters storyline

Fair.

I mean I disagree with you, but fair.

/gameplay/

This is my problem.

on a much more personal level, art style.

>Three Houses

>good visuals

Yes!

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh wow, even I wouldn't dare to dunk on Three Houses this hard.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Clearly good marketing >>>>>>>>> good game design.

Me thinking that Three Houses is a poorly designed game that was carried hard by its marketing does not mean that I think Awakening is better. I have no idea how Awakening plays, I cannot say if it is better or worse. You misunderstood me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I might have to play Awakening one of these days. At the very least, I won't be as supremely disappointed as I was with Three Houses, because my expectations for Awakening are nonexistent.

Do not be fooled by the first 10 chapters.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not "period." It would've been impossible for it to have been the best selling FE period, considering it didn't leave Japan.

I think i remember reading that it held onto that record for the longest time in general but i could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I swear that this is the first time I've heard someone say something good about Awakening in like, a year.

At least on this thread, i think the only person who actually dislikes Awakening is Sooks. And BrightBow but BrightBow hates like 95% of IntSys anyway so this doesn't really count.

Like i said in the past, emulation costs zero percent of your time (unless it can't run very well) and you already know Citra works on your end so really, what have you got to lose?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I disagree with you, but fair.

This is my problem.

>Three Houses

>good visuals

Yes!

These are just opinions, but I simply think that 3H just got way to big and the had a giant mess.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's not that bad! I have alot more I could say...

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Awakening is a great game. I've been kind of feeling like playing it again lately, tbh.

One of the best map themes. ❤️

Thanks Twilit! *high fives*

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I always get a laugh looking at that pic, due to Kellam having his face blocked off.

I genuinely did not know Kellam was there.

Kellam moment.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least on this thread, i think the only person who actually dislikes Awakening is Sooks. And BrightBow but BrightBow hates like 95% of IntSys anyway so this doesn't really count.

This is true @Saint Rubenio, I just speak more on Awakening than like... anyone else here.