Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Then Mel gets a great level to finish things off after I did a bit of arenaing.

Bartz has leveled Str once. He is fast in fairness.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

What a shame thieves can't fight them in the arena, because thieves have a chance of stealing the weapons from enemies, even arena foes.

That's the kind of thing that Kaga would realise needed to be balanced.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For America, a Culture Victory is a good option. National Parks are tricky for newbies, so stick with Great Works to generate Tourism- the winning stat of Culture Victories. America's Film Studio, which the last Building of the Theatre District, doubles a city's Tourism output to all rival empires that have advanced far enough in the eras.

I was actually progressing pretty well in science, only second place to Spain so I was putting a bit of emphasis on that. Key word is a bit.

Is the start of the industrial era late to turn gears and start really focusing on culture?

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I loved it, personally.

Well you're much better at the game than i am, haha. I didn't really know what to prepare for and besides, that was the chapter that i had Aegina crippled! That didn't help my case, any.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was actually progressing pretty well in science, only second place to Spain so I was putting a bit of emphasis on that. Key word is a bit.

Is the start of the industrial era late to turn gears and start really focusing on culture?

No, it's not a problem. A Science Victory could work too if you want to do that, no reason America can't do it. Anyone can win any victory -except Kongo who can't win Religious Victories.

For the Science Victory, you need to build at least one Spaceport, and then launch a satellite, launch a moon landing, and then complete the three Mars projects, you'll win once the last Mars project is done. This requires a ton of Production, Spaceports take insanely long to build. Constructing beforehand an Industrial Zone and related buildings beforehand will help that city. Try to construct a Spaceport in your three best cities, that way you can get the Mars stuff done faster.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I agree.

Midgame, I think. You shouldn't go into Civilization expecting a quick game. A single match of Civilization will take you days, the games are that damn long.

*Cringes at Marathon Speed*

Standard is slow enough. A game that raises the final turn from 500 to 1500 (not that you ever need them all, as far as I ever went when starting was like 410) is unimaginable!

Although I'm told that, barring a sudden crisis, Marathon is easier than Standard speed if you make consistently good choices along the way. It also makes warfare both more rewarding and more dangerous, since unit replacement takes longer if one dies, but the pace of conquest is the same once you have the army you want up and running. 

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's the kind of thing that Kaga would realise needed to be balanced.

-But he overlooked being able to steal a bunch of good swords, lances, axes, and spells.

Although TBF, thieves have horrible stats in TRS, so it's a very risky proposition throwing them in there in the first place. -Unless you save-state like me.

You know, being bald is an incredible experience. I recommend you shave your head at least once in your life to get a feel for it. It is liberating.

This is... freedom.

Unbenannt.PNG

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You know, being bald is an incredible experience. I recommend you shave your head at least once in your life to get a feel for it. It is liberating.

This is... freedom.

wait you really did it?

Considering odds are my future holds stress-induced balding... and I guess family genetics as well perhaps... I don't need to do that now. I'll just wait for nature to take its course.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wait you really did it?

Yup. That's actually the third time I shave my head, so it isn't anything new, but I wanted to it. I let it grow for a year and a half, but now is the time to part. Especially after this:

IMG_20210408_203126.jpg.0471185e19bf4a8a049a1151176de7ab.jpg

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering odds are my future holds stress-induced balding... and I guess family genetics as well perhaps... I don't need to do that now. I'll just wait for nature to take its course.

You should start now to be used to it in the future.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Yup. That's actually the third time I shave my head, so it isn't anything new, but I wanted to it. I let it grow for a year and a half, but now is the time to part. Especially after this:

IMG_20210408_203126.jpg.0471185e19bf4a8a049a1151176de7ab.jpg

Mad lad

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You should start now to be used to it in the future.

That'd go against the point. Besides, it may not be a guarantee.

Just rewatched the best cliffhanger in TV history imo. The cinematography, the acting, the sound effects, the moment they chose to cut to black, the dialogue... chef’s kiss.

Everyone here should watch Outer Banks on Netflix btw.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No, it's not a problem. A Science Victory could work too if you want to do that, no reason America can't do it. Anyone can win any victory -except Kongo who can't win Religious Victories.

For the Science Victory, you need to build at least one Spaceport, and then launch a satellite, launch a moon landing, and then complete the three Mars projects, you'll win once the last Mars project is done. This requires a ton of Production, Spaceports take insanely long to build. Constructing beforehand an Industrial Zone and related buildings beforehand will help that city. Try to construct a Spaceport in your three best cities, that way you can get the Mars stuff done faster.

Well, if it takes that much work I really am fine with culture then. I might be a bit more behind but I should still be able to catch up, especially if film studios (I think that’s what they’re called) are OP. How do I unlock them?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What’s the problem?

My attempt to make a joke

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well you're much better at the game than i am, haha. I didn't really know what to prepare for and besides, that was the chapter that i had Aegina crippled! That didn't help my case, any.

Nah, I just had Esteban.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

My attempt to make a joke

I knew it was a joke, but I’d your grades weren’t low in the first place... well, I hope they’re nice and high.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, if it takes that much work I really am fine with culture then. I might be a bit more behind but I should still be able to catch up, especially if film studios (I think that’s what they’re called) are OP. How do I unlock them?

They're unlocked with the Radio technology, in the top half of the tech tree. You'll need a Theater Square with an Amphitheater and either an Art Museum or Archaeological Museum in that city first. While you're in the upper half of the tech tree, research Computers for a big Tourism boost as well.

Once you have these, you need to fill the 2 Great Works of Writing, 3 Great Works of Art (Art Museum) or Artifacts (Archaeological Museum) slots, and 1 Great Work of Music slot those Theater Square buildings provide. Theater Squares and their buildings will naturally generate Great Writer, Artist, and Musician points, and you can gain more of these Great Person points by running the Theater Square Performances project. Once you have enough, if you've beaten the other empires to that Great Person, they'll appear in a city of yours and can dump their Great Works in any building or Wonder able to hold them.

For Artifacts, you need to have built an Archaeological Museum in a city, and then have discovered the Natural History civics to build an Archaeologist to fill that museum. Natural History will make Antiquity Sites appear all over the map, send your Archaeologist to those Antiquity Sites, and they'll be able to excavate an Artifact that will then go into the city who made the Archaeologist's museum. Once that Archaeological Museum is filled, the Archaeologist goes poof

You can always check to see if other civilizations have Great Works, if they do, you can trade for them, provided you aren't winning too much. It'll cost a hefty amount of Gold to get them to part with their Great Works probably, but it can be quicker.

Great Works provide Tourism towards all civilizations you've met in the game (and they provide Culture too). When your Tourism, accumulated over many turns, brings in more foreign tourists than any other empire has domestic tourists, the supremacy of your culture has been established and you win. Domestic tourism is a fraction of a civilization's Culture stat.

Certain Policy Cards towards the end of the civics tree can increase your Tourism, and you'll get more Tourism from another civilization if it gives you Open Borders, and another Tourism bonus is provided if you have an active Trade Route with them. So ask for Open Borders from everyone and send everyone a Trade Route.

Going to war in the lategame is bad for a Culture Victory because you can't trade with the people you're invading and the "open borders" you'll have with them aren't the right ones. -Unless your idea of a Culture Victory is "destroy/cripple my major enemies/everyone and then once they're down to a few crappy cities, overwhelm their tiny residual Culture with the Tourism from my massive empire made of most of their territories".

Tourism is something you won't generate very much of if any in the earlygame, although some hardcore players blitz it early with Great Works of Writing or Relics (which is how the Khmer can win a Culture Victory in a little over 100 turns), it's a stat that doesn't start getting big until later.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Master at misdirection, he can end so lost he ends up in different universes for it.

Can he get lost into Smash?😃

-SRW getting a Smash representative isn't unwarranted, given the long history of SRW -were it not stuck in Japan because the Devil Gundam is in the licensing details. And who better and less of a legal problem than the original playable OC?

There is the issue of how to fit a giant robot in Smash but Ridley got in. The answer to which is having Wendy ask Samus how the Morph Ball works, that'd fix the biggest problem of making a Cybuster Power Suit- how to include Cybird form. The basic design of said CySuit could've otherwise been worked out already if Gilliam spilled the beans on his past and that Gespy power suit which it look like he used in ye olde Hero Senki.

EDIT: *Looks at another vid of Hero Senki, sees playable Granzon*

Well then, turns out Wendy won't have to ask Gilliam after all....

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can he get lost into Smash?😃

-SRW getting a Smash representative isn't unwarranted, given the long history of SRW -were it not stuck in Japan because the Devil Gundam is in the licensing details. And who better and less of a legal problem than the original playable OC?

There is the issue of how to fit a giant robot in Smash but Ridley got in. The answer to which is having Wendy ask Samus how the Morph Ball works, that'd fix the biggest problem of making a Cybuster Power Suit- how to include Cybird form. The basic design of said CySuit could've otherwise been worked out already if Gilliam spilled the beans on his past and that Gespy power suit which it look like he used in ye olde Hero Senki.

Hahaha, not even Masaki can get that lost. XD Maybe...

Actually, Masaki has worn a Cybuster Power Suit already. Because he did showed up in Hero Senki. Also Shu. Basically, between the events of SRW 2 and SRW 3, Masaki resumed his search of Shu. Turns out, Shu had gone to Elpis, and Masaki ended up there as well. While in there, both Cybuster and Granzon behave like Power Armor, as every Mobile Suit does in that game. They both are temporary party members (at different points of course), but during the final dungeon you can get either to join you for the final battle.

Of course, that was only while in Elpis, so something would have to be done to make it work elsewhere, haha.

Alternatively, something else could be done to make Masaki emulate most of Cybuster's attacks. We've seen this done already, with Sänger and Axel when they ended up in the Endless Frontier (though then Sänger went world hopping since it was during the first Project x Zone).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Having started with Dark Souls 3, I am inclined to suggest it as a place to start.

I realized that I don't have any controllers to play it with...

'Sides, I've been considering trying my hand at streaming this summer, and that would probably be a really fun one to do on-stream.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Actually, Masaki has worn a Cybuster Power Suit already. Because he did showed up in Hero Senki. Also Shu. Basically, between the events of SRW 2 and SRW 3, Masaki resumed his search of Shu. Turns out, Shu had gone to Elpis, and Masaki ended up there as well. While in there, both Cybuster and Granzon behave like Power Armor, as every Mobile Suit does in that game. They both are temporary party members (at different points of course), but during the final dungeon you can get either to join you for the final battle.

I thought I might have heard of Masa doing that before, but I wasn't absolutely sure, and as my edit pointed out, I stumbled on Shu minutes ago. Level 99 when everyone else is approaching 40? You don't do things without style, do you Dr. Shirakawa?

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alternatively, something else could be done to make Masaki emulate most of Cybuster's attacks. We've seen this done already, with Sänger and Axel when they ended up in the Endless Frontier

True. The Kirin-Mabutachi Overdrive is in my mind, that was a very faithful adaptation of Soulgain's & Lichkeit's ultimates.

For Masaki, the Zephyr Sword can be easily downsized (I think I saw a smaller one or even two in Endless Frontier, it was in a room of old but still functional dimensional portals that contained other junk like an Alteisen's right arm and some crest that had a "GF" or "BF" on it, and maybe a Grungust head and the head of something else). High Familiar should be possible given Pit has his Orbiters. Cosmo Nova and Cyflash are pure Prana aka magic manipulation and hence need no tech. Caloric Missiles are complete filler and unnecessary.

This leaves Akashic Buster as the sole issue for a human to use. It is resolvable by turning it into a projectile attack instead of having Masaki himself turn into a ramming flaming chicken. -But will Captain Falcon be okay with someone encroaching on his blazing bird usage?

I'd prefer Haken with the downsized Gespenst to back him up, but I recognize the superiority of Masaki's claim to represent SRW and would be very happy with him getting in in a fever dream from which I might not wish to awaken.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought I might have heard of Masa doing that before, but I wasn't absolutely sure, and as my edit pointed out, I stumbled on Shu minutes ago. Level 99 when everyone else is approaching 40? You don't do things without style, do you Dr. Shirakawa?

Haha, I think Masaki also shows up as Lv 99 if chosen instead. I think the process of finding them isn't that easy, so I guess they're mostly for bragging rights. Even then, the way Hero Senki works, not even being Level 99 is that big of a help. At least from what I've seen (likely the same video you saw, heh).

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. The Kirin-Mabutachi Overdrive is in my mind, that was a very faithful adaptation of Soulgain's & Lichkeit's ultimates.

For Masaki, the Zephyr Sword can be easily downsized (I think I saw a smaller one or even two in Endless Frontier, it was in a room of old but still functional dimensional portals that contained other junk like an Alteisen's right arm and something that had a GF or BF on it, and maybe a Grungust head and the head of something else). High Familiar should be possible given Pit has his Orbiters. Cosmo Nova and Cyflash are pure Prana aka magic manipulation and hence need no tech. Caloric Missiles are complete filler and unnecessary.

This leaves Akashic Buster as the sole issue for a human to use. It is resolvable by turning it into a projectile attack instead of having Masaki himself turn into a ramming flaming chicken. -But will Captain Falcon be okay with someone encroaching on his blazing bird usage?

I'd prefer Haken with the downsized Gespenst to back him up, but I recognize the superiority of Masaki's claim to represent SRW and would be very happy with him getting in in a fever dream from which I might not wish to awaken.

Oh no, but then he'd be another Anime Sword Guy (TM).

But yeah, Discutter/Zephyr Sword for his main weapon. High Familiar is more Prana-related stuff, so that can definitely work. Heck, if Masaki fully suit-less, Kuro and Shiro can just show as themselves for the attack, instead of those mini-mechas they fly.

Also, Discutter Ranbu no Tachi can totally be his Final Smash.

I was thinking the same. Just the flaming bird part would be enough. Haha, well, Captain Falcon's own flaming falcon was something he didn't have originally, being given since Smash used to be a different fighting game project that got turned into Smash and the moveset was given to him. Or at least that's how the story goes. At least Masaki's bird was his since the beginning. XD

La Gias totally for his stage. Don't know much about it to say if a specific place or if they do the "travel around the place" like they do with DQ's stage and similar. Most likely someplace in Langran Kingdom if so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt