Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I last had mine cut for a meeting.

It's been 9 months.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sorry, Team Ninja said there are no plans for Ryu Hayabusa at the moment, so you'll have to wait until next game for a better ninja.

Well, Ryu will not get in then.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I dont understand the hate toward sword wielders generally. What weapon do people that want to see characters like Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell wield? Swords, obviously. And before anyone says Yuri can wield an axe, they wouldnt put him in Smash with a damn axe. 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont understand the hate toward sword wielders generally. What weapon do people that want to see characters like Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell wield? Swords, obviously. And before anyone says Yuri can wield an axe, they wouldnt put him in Smash with a damn axe. 

Is there actual overlap there?

Armin: "Eren, genocide is terrible why would you even think of doing this"

Literally a few pages later:

Armin: "oh you only killed 80% of the world? Thanks for becoming a mass murderer for us"

FD3xd9x.jpg.0ea35e2efc04b349743d1770b7f0da61.jpg

Fuck it, I still haven't gotten over it.

Edited by Maof06

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Please let me forget it already. Let me drown in Fate and rejoice to forget this shit.

Fate remake by Ufotable when?

Youtube recommended me the opening of an upcoming anime. The anime seems to be the sort of thing that I'd despise, for the most part.

For this reason, I'm not sure if I like how much I'm jamming to the song.

59 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Well, I hope your hair turns out great!

Thanks! Right now I look kinda gruff, but well, I suppose that's just what happens when you don't mind your appearance much at all.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

People hate swords, meanwhile me:

YX2P0PZ.gif

i love nothing more than them

I'll admit, personally, I don't like swords all that much. Swords just feel kinda vanilla compared to other weapon types. It's what everyone and their mom uses, and most don't do it in any interesting way. Give me a character wielding a mace or warhammer over a dinky blade any day. Lances are awesome too. Berwick Saga does it best - I never get tired of this animation.

Wzs3uz7x o

Well, rapiers are an exception. It is impossible to not look cool when fighting with a rapier. Utterly impossible. Unless you're Roy, but that's because Roy's greatest talent is being terrible at everything.

PaeUtcT.jpg
Civ peeps, is one better here than the other or is it just rng or something else?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We don't have anyone with a large shuriken in Smash, we need a better ninja than Sheik and no to licensed anime ninjas.

Ash Greninja will become an echo.

Is that licensed anime?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For this reason, I'm not sure if I like how much I'm jamming to the song.

Anime openings apparently tend to be like that.

How despicable is it?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that licensed anime?

Considering you could get one from an event in Gen 7, maybe?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I would say that the only other shuriken wielders I know are anime but actually... QP1IbGF.jpg

FE:Fates?

Edge from FFIV?

Ninty don't provide much in the way of options.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't like swords all that much

only because you didn't meet cool swords yet. FE sucks at swords

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

That makes Lyn’s crit animation very sad.

Edited by Sooks
Autocorrect is the one true enemy.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sorry, Team Ninja said there are no plans for Ryu Hayabusa at the moment, so you'll have to wait until next game for a better ninja.

Nothing against Ryu, I've never played a Ninja Gaiden, but given the choice without any limits, this guy.:

Spoiler

be7dbf23dbc7884c2336345b50dae985.jpg

His arms are bizarrely stretchy too. I'm charmed by the inhuman flair.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ash Greninja will become an echo.

How in eight generations did Greninja slip my mind!?!😅

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Civ peeps, is one better here than the other or is it just rng or something else?

It's for museum theming. If the three Artifacts in a museum come from the same era, but different countries/barbarians, you get bonus Culture and Tourism from them.

Artifacts spawn where there had been battles in the past, based on who fought there, so if you want a variety of Artifacts, you need to send your Archaeologists into or near foreign territory. Excavating in the borders of other empires will annoy them- you're stealing their history. If they've dug up Artifacts, you can ask for them too, maybe even trade yours for theirs'. You need Open Borders to excavate in foreign territory, or suzerain status for City-States, building the Terracotta Army lets you bypass the need for Open Borders.

For Art, the theming bonus comes if they are of the same category, but different artists. For instance, El Greco's Assumption of the Virgin, Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Ceiling, and Andrei Rublev's Savior in Glory complete a Religious Art theme.

Theming bonuses are nice, but not necessary. I almost never do it for Artifacts, though I'll sort out Art later.

Note that for Archaeology Museums, you can only shuffle around stuff in the Great Works screen if the museum is full. For Art Museums, only every 10 turns can you relocate the Great Works once you've put them in one, but you can shuffle stuff between partly-empty museums in that case.

---

Got the Ultimate Key (wow it comes early), and then, as I forget every door it opens up, I saved back in Aliahan and then went to Lanson/Australia because of that temple with all the chain doors there. I undertook the Gaia's Navel dungeon not really thinking about it, I died a couple times because I wasn't prepared, but the autosave feature made it frustration free. Thats two Orbs down. IIRC, the Red Orb in XI is the one Erik nabbed, which might've been because III gave it to the pirates.

Then, I decided to take a break and I'd re-explore more for key stuff later. For some inexplicable reason, I prefer playing III in short bursts. I like the game, a lack of fun isn't the problem, I just don't know why I'm like that in this case.

If I'm going to start another EOV run, I need to decide on appearances and names. That ought to take a half-hour at least, I put a lot of thought into this.

On the appearances...

• Sexy Female Warlock and Granny Rover, are set in stone, though not their coloration.
  • I'm not entirely sure about which male Botanist to choose, but I'm leaning no-glasses yes I'm using a Brouni as a Graced Poisoner.
  • For the male Pugilist, do I use the handsome young turbaned man, or do I embrace body diversity with the middle-aged man in the midst of 'roid rage?
  • And for the female Harbinger, I'm using one on my EON team, do I use the same portrait (and name and coloration?), thought it be a repeat, or do I use the other portrait, though I dislike its face?
    • Actually, maybe I'll pick the same portrait, but change her hair from blue to red. Then, I'll change the name from Danteh (Dana Iclucia + Enteh) to Iclutri (Dana + Katri). Continuity with a difference.

On everyone's names, I've no idea and thats gonna take even longer to decide on.

• I've one likely down now (if Iclutri looks good in the ingame font), but the rest are not conceived of yet.
  • Maybe the Botanist will get named after some herbs or spices because by female one was named lavender, camomile and... fudge, I can't remember what I made "Lantilm" from,  a sign I went too complicated.
  • Granny Rover will be a Hunting Hawk, so maybe Taka? That is Japanese for "hawk", but that would be a little boring by itself. Takanit? Blending in the name of Hannit from Octopath Traveler. But that doesn't look good at all
  • If I want go with the raging Pugilist, the blonde hair by default reminds me of Zell, whom I'm fond of from FVIII, since he too punches things. I'm gonna have to work his name into it. But I haven't a clue what to do if I pick the other male. -Actually Kevin from Trials of Mana would be a good name pick for the younger male.
  • So Sexy Female Warlock, Omnimancer time. I'm in a Guillo mood, and he does have elemental variety but do I waste it on this on her? -I don't think so. Angela is surfacing in my mind. Have I used Nemissa yet in a game? Because... Angissa, Nemela, Nemang? None of these seem good, but I want one of them to work. Misela? Why aren't any of these appealing? 

---

@Armagon I have some unspent money on the eShop and Ys Origins is on sale until tomorrow. What difficulty are you playing on? Because if bosses are much too brutal even on Normal, I'm out. I got through Ys VIII @Shrimperor on Normal, how does Ys Origins compare?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got through Ys VIII @Shrimperor on Normal, how does Ys Origins compare?

Ys 8 is a much easier game than Origins. Origins is the 2nd hardest game up there with Oath, and only because Oath has a Touhou final boss.

I would say Ys 8 Nightmare is on par with Ys Origins on hard, if you don't abuse items in Ys 8.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How despicable is it?

It's called Don't Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro, and from what I've gathered, the title says about all you need to know.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Eh, I don't know. Most of "the cool swords" consist entirely of dishing out a thousand slashes in two seconds and calling it a super incredible technique, even though it's been done to death. Mind, I'm not saying swords are awful, but I like other things better.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's called Don't Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro, and from what I've gathered, the title says about all you need to know.

Eh, I don't know. Most of "the cool swords" consist entirely of dishing out a thousand slashes in two seconds and calling it a super incredible technique, even though it's been done to death. Mind, I'm not saying swords are awful, but I like other things better.

How about Swords attracted to each other trapping the enemy in?

Or Swords slashing reality?

Or Swords so big, users can cross them?

Or Beam Swords... Ok that has been done to death

So I take it that Origin isn't a good Ys game to start with then?

I won't be playing one anytime soon, but I had thought about nabbing Origin at some point since it's conveniently on console.

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i love nothing more than them

This is objectively correct.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

So I take it that Origin isn't a good Ys game to start with then?

I started with it, and it lead me to love the series.

There's an Origin demo anyone can try 😉