• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How about Swords attracted to each other trapping the enemy in?

Eh. That does sound rather cool.

Or Swords slashing reality?

Oh God, please, no. This gives me flashbacks to that shitty-ass Three Houses moment where Sothis almost kisses Byleth. Sheesh...!

Or Swords so big, users can cross them?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh big swords are cooler than middling swords, at least.

Or Beam Swords... Ok that has been done to death

Yup.

To be honest, this will probably sound contradictory when my complaint about swords is that they're "vanilla", but I much, much prefer grounded fights where people fight like human beings, take damage and you can actually "feel" it, over the sort of "look at how flashy we are! We're breaking the laws of physics like it's nothing!" fight.

I'm not saying it has to be 100% realistic or else I'll hate it, but... yeah, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. In these scenarios, regular-ass swords tend to be... rather boring. I think. To be honest, I'm talking like some sorta professional here, but I don't really have much of a method. I just like blunt weapons more, I think they're neat. Though I'll say, thinking about it a bit more, the most fun fights to watch for me tend to be the ones where nobody has a weapon.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Cool swords? MonHun's got you covered.

d5kcjd3-46e46a61-7418-4c8a-917e-0b91dfcd546e.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzkxMWI4ZjgxLTgxNTEtNDFhZi05ZTZlLWQyM2VhOTFkZTc3ZlwvZDVrY2pkMy00NmU0NmE2MS03NDE4LTRjOGEtOTE3ZS0wYjkxZGZjZDU0NmUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.0U9gAvKGrh7KwP_yS_Y0gLvw_zVn7wAZSr7nr8jImlo

And these are just the great swords in one game.

Reminds me of when I played Dark Souls 3. All these cool ass weapons with fancy backstories, cool movesets and shit. Both my friends who love Dark Souls kept gushing about this or that.

I used the basic cleric mace the entire game. I just liked it that much. I buffed it to the max and ran with it the entire way. It was fun.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's called Don't Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro, and from what I've gathered, the title says about all you need to know.

Ah yes, your least favourite thing, women toying with you. Sure. /s

Yeah, probably not.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I don't know. Most of "the cool swords" consist entirely of dishing out a thousand slashes in two seconds and calling it a super incredible technique, even though it's been done to death. Mind, I'm not saying swords are awful, but I like other things better.

So not Bleach then.

Then again, it's not like I watched it through to the end. Ignoring that of course the ending wasn't actually adapted at the time, though it might be happening now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, please, no. This gives me flashbacks to that shitty-ass Three Houses moment where Sothis almost kisses Byleth. Sheesh...!

That makes one of us.

It's still silly mind.

So my tourist bubble on the culture victory screen is completely full... but I haven’t won.

Oh wait nevermind.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, your least favourite thing, women toying with you. Sure. /s

I mean, where do you think the "for the most part" in the first post came from?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So not Bleach then.

I always did find it funny that there's an anime just called Bleach. Does the title even have any relevance?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That makes one of us.

Oh, hush, you. Go play a real strategy game. Berwick Saga, for example.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I always did find it funny that there's an anime just called Bleach. Does the title even have any relevance?

Aside from the colour of Hollow's masks, I can't think of anything,

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, hush, you. Go play a real strategy game. Berwick Saga, for example.

Oh hush you too.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Aside from the colour of Hollow's masks, I can't think of anything,

I thought I randomly overheard once it had something to do with the purification of souls? "Bleaching" them clean and untainted?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So my tourist bubble on the culture victory screen is completely full... but I haven’t won.

Oh wait nevermind.

So you've won your first game? Yay!🎊

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought I randomly overheard once it had something to do with the purification of souls? "Bleaching" them clean and untainted?

I mean, on the one hand that could be an angle.

On the other hand there's not that much of it due to the events of the show.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well it’s anime so it makes you want to bleach your eyes out.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you've won your first game? Yay!

Yup. I had the tourist bubble thing full but I had to end the turn to win for some reason.

I can easily see how someone could play 50000 games of this. Now that I sorta know a bit I think I’ll just look at what the other leaders have going for them. I want to try out the other victories, domination, religion and science (score is just if no one wins so eh). Although domination seems tedious, not sure why... maybe because it takes turns to pump out units.

Goddamnit, I just realized I won't be able to get a perfect line of "captured" posters because Vasquez exists...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well it’s anime so it makes you want to bleach your eyes out.

Ahahahahah! Okay, that's the best explanation.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can easily see how someone could play 50000 games of this. Now that I sorta know a bit I think I’ll just look at what the other leaders have going for them. I want to try out the other victories, domination, religion and science (score is just if no one wins so eh). Although domination seems tedious, not sure why... maybe because it takes turns to pump out units.

Yeah, it's quite the addictive game. Just simple enough that you won't have that much trouble getting a hang of it, but with enough depth to keep you going for a while. I'm not its most avid player, but yeah, it's cool.

"General Ward, please accept this especially-crafted dagger from us at the atelier, as thanks for saving me from kidnappers. Please take it, or else Mr. Danton might take it the wrong way."

"I agree, it would be rude of us to reject such a sincere show of gratitude. We must accept the atelier's gift."

"Very well, Adel. I will give it to Lord Reese later."

Reese: Immediately takes it to the atelier's loan shark and pawns it off so he can purchase a tapestry for his bedroom.

Truly the hero of the sagas.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although domination seems tedious, not sure why... maybe because it takes turns to pump out units.

The issue is less the time to crank out units, as it moving them all around the map. A big army takes time to shuffle around.

Before Civilization 5, I'm told you could have multiple copies of units in the same tile, which you could move as one unit. You could do this five times you could do it 40 times, each time making the whole thing stronger. It was nicknamed by fans as "Stacks of Doom". Perhaps because it was it was unrealistic, Civ 5 got rid of Stacks of Doom and limited things to one unit per tile, which had the unfortunate side effect of making troop movement more tedious. The Corps and Armies of Civ 6 make things slightly less burdensome than 5, but things could still get better.

As for winning Domination- capture the Original Capital of every other empire, you can leave City-States alone, and you don't even need to conquer or raze or every other city in those empires, you inevitably will take a bunch of those though. The Original Capital has a star next to its name, which will be crossed out if someone has conquered it already. The Original Capital always has the same name every game, London will always be the Original Capital of England -unless you settled your city and renamed it "London" right away, in which case, the Original Capital of England will be another city chosen from its list of city names, like Leeds.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How does Aztec’s Legend of The Five Suns ability work? From the way it reads it sounds completely and utterly broken.

You use 1 Builder charge per turn to complete 20% of District's Production cost. This does not work for buildings, it won't help with Libraries, just the Campuses you build them in. This does apply to Spaceports, which is great for Science Victories.

Rush to the Feudalism civic for the Serfdom Policy Card for 5 charge Builders able to finish a District by itself.

Do keep in mind that Builders cost more the more you make. The formula is 46 Production + 4 * X. X is the number of Builder you've made in the past. So each Builder costs 4 more Production than the last, small, but you do make a lot of them. The Pyramids are great because of this gradual cost increase, they make each Builder more efficient.

If you want to play the Aztecs to their fullest unique style, do the following.:

• When the game begins, crank out a few Aztec Eagle Warriors from your first couple of cities. 
  • Once you have a good group of Eagle Warriors, declare war on some weak empires or some City-States ASAP. Barbarians won't work.
  • Your Eagle Warriors have a chance of turning slain enemies into Builders- as if you're enslaving them. These free Builders won't increase the production cost of hand-made Builders.
  • Send those Builders back to construct your Districts and make Improvements. You should improve one copy of each Luxury in your empire to get the Combat Strength bonus to make your Eagle Warriors a little stronger.
  • The Eagle Warrior replaces the standard Warrior, so you can't delay for too long on this. Once the enemy gets Archers or Heavy Chariots, you'll want to be a little cautious. Swordsmen, Horsemen, and Crossbows will mark the likely end of the Eagle Warrior era, they'll be outmatched without enough Luxuries improved. Knights will definitely trample them. Although keeping a few around to kill enemies on death's doorstep is plausible, if tricky.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

"General Ward, please accept this especially-crafted dagger from us at the atelier, as thanks for saving me from kidnappers. Please take it, or else Mr. Danton might take it the wrong way."

"I agree, it would be rude of us to reject such a sincere show of gratitude. We must accept the atelier's gift."

"Very well, Adel. I will give it to Lord Reese later."

Reese: Immediately takes it to the atelier's loan shark and pawns it off.

Truly the hero of the sagas.

Atelier Berwick?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Atelier Berwick?

Indeed, there's an atelier in Berwick Saga. Kaga did the atelier series first. Never mind that Google tells me the first atelier game preceeds Berwick Saga - Kaga always does it first.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Original Capital always has the same name every game, London will always be the Original Capital of England -unless you settled your city and renamed it "London" right away, in which case, the Original Capital of England will be another city chosen from its list of city names, like Leeds.

You can rename cities?

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You use 1 Builder charge per turn to complete 20% of District's Production cost. This does not work for buildings, it won't help with Libraries, just the Campuses you build them in. This does apply to Spaceports, which is great for Science Victories.

Yeah... that sounds very exploitable for early game shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not saying it has to be 100% realistic or else I'll hate it, but... yeah, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Yeah i 100% understand, that's why i started with Swords that attract each other to create some cool more grounded thing 😉

It's not swords that are the problem, it's how they are used