Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And some of the Crests/Sigils for the ultimate weapons. When it turned out I missed out on Anima (Really? An easily missable Aeon?), that sealed the deal on me never attempting the postgame stuff, the bosses sound like poorly thought out HP bloat too.

I only think that Lulu and Kimahri's are difficult, the rest are easy (at least to me).

Yeah the arena bosses and dark aeon's aren't fun, though.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I should play it again. I think I have a still-unfinished playthrough in my PS3...

I reccomend just playing the PS4 version as the load times on the PS3 are awful.

3 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Everyone should play Final Fantasy X at least one time, it's the best in the series.

...what.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Dread it. Run from it. Manifest Destiny still arrives.

Perhaps, but I'll be ready for this to happen:

Our national bird as it appeared when handed to James Buchanan, March 4,  1857. The identical bird as it appeared A. D. 1861 - Digital Commonwealth

Just replace the text with "Before/After Attempting Manifest Destiny".

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I reccomend just playing the PS4 version as the load times on the PS3 are awful.

Don't have a PS4.

I can buy it on Steam if I really needed to, but last time I played didn't found problem with the load times.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't have a PS4.

I can buy it on Steam if I really needed to, but last time I played didn't found problem with the load times.

Huh? That's strange, i remember it being pretty awful. But my PS4 save decided to corrupt, so maybe your better off, haha! Joke's on me, i guess. XD

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

So you would say the story's a stable bedrock for every character involved and the animation's closer to chiselled marble than collapsing mud?

Yeah, story's pretty creative and interesting and the characters (well the important ones anyway) are based.

Animation's nothing to write home about but it ain't bad either and there are some hilarious facial expressions.

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...what.

DID I STUTTER?! No, really, I think my translation is a bit off...

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No. Historical Project Mod.

Compared to other Paradox games, Victoria 2 is quite barebones, and it's been years since its development ended, with no Victoria 3 in sight. Thus, modders have done lots of mods that, well, try to enhance the experience and make it up to par with other games like Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4.

Also, funny thing, but as I played I noticed that Rio Grande do Sul won its civil war against Brazil. That like, almost never happens if left to the AI to duke it out. I'm impressed.

Ah, I see.

'Morning, everyone! It's snowing over here again!

*Heads into the First Stratum of EOV yet again, gets into the first battle ...and a flying squirrel OHKOs someone on the first turn. I run away.* 

I am very well aware Etrian Odyssey doesn't hold your hand from the get-go, but I don't remember that happening.

No matter, I'll be cautious. I'll be overcoming floor after floor before I know it, all I need is levels. Besides swiping the various little-event related and food & material gathering Race Skills...

• My Pugilist has it easy, maxing Thunder Fist and Overexertion are all he needs for the first two Stratum. Blood Wrath could be nifty, and as Earthlains have good Luck no matter what, a simple 3-point investment into the Bind skills could be practical. But Skill Points placed there are points not going into the Legendary Title when I unlock it.
  • The Harbinger has a pretty bad base kit before the Legendary Titles arrive. Wilting Miasma to 9, and max Miasma Armor and Endless Shroud. Auto-Miasma isn't necessary for a future Deathguard.
  • The Rover gets 1 point in Brushing and Animal Therapy for healing the pet and supplementary earlygame healing. Hawk Whistle to 4 is enough for now, I can't afford the TP cost increase at level 5. Target Arrow and the two Hawk skills will follow. No reason to dabble in the Hound, that is very inefficient.
  • The Warlock I'm told is very SP-intensive if it goes Omnimancer, so I'll stick to the core Fire, Ice and Volt spells and ignore Magic Shield and Amplifier (my team is sorely lacking for buffs besides Overexertion though). Quick Chant and Focus Chant are maybes in the medium-term, considering they could be more SP-efficient for maximizing my Omnimancer's damage.
  • The Botanist is going into the restoring Herbs for now, not the ailment-inflicting Smokes. 5 in Healing Herb, 1 in Sweeping Herb, and 1 in Revival Herb. He will be a Graceful Poisoner, but until Wilting Miasma is fully leveled and I get some Luck-boosting equipment, my Brouni is going to be bad at the ailment job. It's no Necromancer's Poison Bomb, so Toxic Smoke might be given the minimal investment and no more, it'll help cover the points diverted into the Herbs.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What?

Anima is not missable. The only temple you can't revisit to activate the Destruction Sphere is Bevelle's, but that one you have to use the Destruction Sphere to proceed, so you don't miss out.

The only problem that can arise is if you're playing International/HD version, and didn't do Besaid's Destruction Sphere, since after a point you will have to deal with Dark Valefor before you can enter Besaid again.

Oh. Thank you for the correction. And yes, I was playing the HD remaster, and I did not feel like pay-to-win with Yojimbo against that poorly-placed superboss.

I take it your new avi is what R-3 Powered stole its general design from?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Just, let me put an I there.... Good.

I've had my PS3 hooked up again for months to finally play this for the first time, it's been how many years since I downloaded it? -But I still haven't touched it, the game lingers in the back of my mind, that one void in my Final Fantasy chronology between I and XII (barring XI).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

THE CIVILIZATION THAT GIVES DOUBLE LIGHT CALVARY UNITS AND I SPAWN RIGHT NEXT TO A HORSE TILE!! NO WAY!

Starting bias. Many but not all civs have these of varying strengths to assure their bonuses go into effect or because of their historical geography. Scythia has a tier 2 (second strongest) bias for the Horse resource, and tier 5 bias (the weakest) for grasslands and plains.

Sometimes these biases don't work as they should and RNG screws you over. You can pick Brazil and by bad luck start nowhere near the Rainforests they want or have like just one or two jungle tiles and thats it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That lady’s name was Tomyris. She leads Scythia, which admittedly doesn’t ring a bell...

You can read the Civilopedia entries in the right-side menu for a Wikipedia-ish summary on each leader, civilization, and their unique units and improvements/districts/buildings.

Scythia no longer exists. However, the name of their special unit is the Saka Horse Archer. Saka could mean either a tribe of the Scythians or another word for Scythians as a whole, the ancient non-Scythian writers vary on this.

"Saka" might look familiar, because, either intentionally or unintentionally, FE spells it as "Sacae". 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. Thank you for the correction. And yes, I was playing the HD remaster, and I did not feel like pay-to-win with Yojimbo against that poorly-placed superboss.

I take it your new avi is what R-3 Powered stole its general design from?

Yep. Precisely you're forced to use Bevelle's Destruction Sphere so Anima doesn't become missable. Though you do have to remember to use the sphere to get the area treasure. That one still remains optional and missable.

Yes, the R-3 Powered was based on the GP-03 Dendrobium Orchid from 0083 Stardust Memories.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I used to think IX was the best FF too, but recently I noticed that the combat is sluggish. Every time I select a command it takes a long time for the character to act, and it really drags down. I also think X's story is stronger.

You're not wrong on the technical issues, honestly the fact they did nothing to fix it in rereleases is disappointing.

I think tonight's when I finally bother to play Another Day on TWEWY:FR.

Man, Final Fantasy VII remake is all style and no substance. I finally got my hands on it and its not looking so great. The combat is weird and not all engaging and they had the audacity to change the storyline to make the player feel better about themself.

At least I already got to chapter 3 and I already met Tifa, let's see if it gets better.

Just now, Maof06 said:

Man, Final Fantasy VII remake is all style and no substance. I finally got my hands on it and its not looking so great. The combat is weird and not all engaging and they had the audacity to change the storyline to make the player feel better about themself.

At least I already got to chapter 3 and I already met Tifa, let's see if it gets better.

As someone who personally dislikes the original, I prefer the remake. 

Tifa is the only saving grace, haha.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m boring. I’ll likely go with Mario.

I should have known better than to expect anything from a Three Houses fan. You haven't even played any other Fire Emblem games! Pah!

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Man, Final Fantasy VII remake is all style and no substance.

Final Fantasy VII remake part 1*

Don't forget, it's not even complete. Want the rest of the story? Fork over another 60 bucks in a couple of years!

So civ players, what is the warmongering penalty? I see it’s moderate or egregious or whatever the least amount is called but I have yet to notice any penalty due to my thirst for conquest.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I should have known better than to expect anything from a Three Houses fan. You haven't even played any other Fire Emblem games! Pah!

If only you liked Three Houses more, maybe I would have gone with Luigi.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As someone who personally dislikes the original, I prefer the remake. 

Tifa is the only saving grace, haha.

I don't know if call you an uncultured swine or a man of culture after this. What's the problem with the original? For God's sake, tell me it's not polygons...

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Final Fantasy VII remake part 1*

Don't forget, it's not even complete. Want the rest of the story? Fork over another 60 bucks in a couple of years!

Yeah, the game only covers the Midgar part. Good thing that I got the game for "free", huh?

I liked playing through VII.

That reminds me, I still have a finished playthrough where I'm still yet to beat both Ruby and Emerald WEAPONs. Never dared to try, haha...

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If only you liked Three Houses more, maybe I would have gone with Luigi.

I gave it four chances! I gave it more chances than it has houses!

26 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, the game only covers the Midgar part. Good thing that I got the game for "free", huh?

Free, eh? Free as in, do what you want 'cause you know the rest, or free as in, it was gifted to you?