Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

SRW T truly shows it was made in contemporary times when the main OG enemy faction is a Corporation, the mooks are salarymen, the final boss is its CEO, and the OG protagonists are also salarymen... XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I gave it four chances! I gave it more chances than it has houses!

I might actually pick Luigi though, I’m not sure.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget, it's not even complete. Want the rest of the story? Fork over another 60 bucks in a couple of years!

>Implying it'll be 60 for the rest of the story.

Considering that they multiplied Midgar's length to the point you can clear the original with getting items in a tenth of the time, no way will there be everything else in Part 2.

Course I'm waiting till it's done.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Free, eh? Free as in, do what you want 'cause you know the rest, or free as in, it was gifted to you?

Free in the sense of "As long as you pay for the PS Plus subscription you can keep this game".

Nice. Fuckin' beautiful. I decided to bring Perceval along. He proceeded to miss half of his shots, then he took one bad blow and got insta crippled. The Perceval experience!

Well, you know what, you absolute friggin' twat? Enid got magic on her second level. No way in hell I'm resetting that for your sake. You can bleed.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You kiddin' me? The DLC sounds ten times worse than the main game! I already fell for the base game like a moron, you won't catch me purchasing its DLC till the day the world goes boom.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I might actually pick Luigi though, I’m not sure.

Pick all of them, honestly. They all work fine.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Implying it'll be 60 for the rest of the story.

Yes, it was admittedly foolish of me. It's probably going to be looking more like, 240 bucks for the whole package. The whole filler-bloated package, I might add.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Considering that they multiplied Midgar's length to the point you can clear the original with getting items in a tenth of the time, no way will there be everything else in Part 2.

I mean, nice of them to cram extra content in to add hours of playtime, but.. it's still like a fourth of the story, if I'm not mistaken. That's just... No, dude. You don't do that! Not for 60 bucks!

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Free in the sense of "As long as you pay for the PS Plus subscription you can keep this game".

Ahhh. That's okay.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, nice of them to cram extra content in to add hours of playtime, but.. it's still like a fourth of the story, if I'm not mistaken. That's just... No, dude. You don't do that! Not for 60 bucks!

Midgar is pretty tight story wise, but it wasn't 25% of the original let me tell you.

Just now, Dayni said:

Midgar is pretty tight story wise, but it wasn't 25% of the original let me tell you.

No? I thought it was. But, well, I've never played the original, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. I don't know, it just strikes me as rather scummy to charge full retail price for a mere portion of a game with a bunch of filler injected into it.

Indeed. The whole Midgard felt more like... an eighth? It does feel long, either way. But then that's in comparison to when finally being on the world map and all.

Heck, for a while I thought the entirety of Midgard was only the first disc of the three. Turns out, Disc 1 lasted way longer than that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So when you’re the person who has the most envoys with a city state they will help you in warfare, taking cities for you... and if they’re the ones who take them, they automatically destroy them!? I wanted that city! That’s not helpful!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You kiddin' me?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

and they had the audacity to change the storyline to make the player feel better about themself.

This is my biggest criticism of FF7R's story. I don't mind them adding and expanding on things. I think that part of the game is fine.

But they're just straight-up changing the entire story here and it reeks of Nomura bullshit. Like, i always thought the name "Final Fantasy 7 Remake" sounded tentative but it turns out, it's actually literal.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget, it's not even complete. Want the rest of the story? Fork over another 70 bucks in a couple of years!

Correction.

Because PlayStation is slowly moving towards $70 games.

Don't forget that the epilogue to FF7R Part 1 is PS5 exclusive. At least you don't have to pay for the game twice.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

What's the problem with the original?

I know you aren't asking me but at least for me, the problem of the original is that i didn't really care for it.

Well to clarify, i thought the storyline was fine but i'm not really into ATB combat unless it's permanently set on Wait (and yes, i know FF7 lets you do that but idk, it wasn't clicking with me). 

But i don't care for Final Fantasy in general and i was only playing 7 so i could say that i've played it and i eventually realized that's not a good mindset to have. Made it to Gold Saucer and was like "aight that's enough".

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

no way will there be everything else in Part 2.

FF7R is going to at least be three parts.

And knowing the first part was in dev hell sorta, it does not exactly inspire confidence for when the whole thing will be done.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I decided to bring Perceval along. He proceeded to miss half of his shots, then he took one bad blow and got insta crippled. The Perceval experience!

Plot twist: Kaga just straight-up placed a curse on Perceval.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No? I thought it was.

Nah, Midgar in the original wasn't even that long. They took like a five-hour segment (maybe a tiny bit longer) and made a 60 hour game out of it.

And like i said, i'm fine with adding and expanding on things but when the entire storyline is changing to fulfill Nomura's absolute clusterfuck, it's not exactly the best thing you could've done.

Points tho, Cloud in the remake isn't the edgelord that Nomura made him out to be in basically everything else that wasn't the original.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And knowing the first part was in dev hell sorta, it does not exactly inspire confidence for when the whole thing will be done.

I joked to myself it'll be 2040.

Honestly a lot of their issue was combat systems I think and I'd bet it'll be quicker from now on, but there's every chance it'll be 2030 before the finale.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No? I thought it was. But, well, I've never played the original, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. I don't know, it just strikes me as rather scummy to charge full retail price for a mere portion of a game with a bunch of filler injected into it.

If they weren't adding the amount they did I'd agree.

That doesn't mean you have to agree with the pricing.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, I'll just be over there hearing the worst complain of modern ports of the likes of V and VI just being the retouched graphics...

Oh? What else is wrong?

I mean, they do look ugly, but is this the fact they didn't get actual remakes or what else is wrong?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:
Oh? What else is wrong?

I mean, they do look ugly, but is this the fact they didn't get actual remakes or what else is wrong?

No, that's the point.

That that's the worst I hear about the modern ports. Considering the direction VIIR is going, in comparison it's like... "Well ain't you glad that's all they did for the likes of V and VI?"

Thank goodness. If VI had shared the same fate...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wow, what a hike. It started off snowing, then was raining, then was cloudy, then snowy, then sunny, then about 20 degrees, AND THEN IT HAILED LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW.

And then it went back to hot again.

Just now, Benice said:

Wow, what a hike. It started off snowing, then was raining, then was cloudy, then snowy, then sunny, then about 20 degrees, AND THEN IT HAILED LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW.

Take away the snow and that's the weather here too, heh.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is my biggest criticism of FF7R's story. I don't mind them adding and expanding on things. I think that part of the game is fine.

But they're just straight-up changing the entire story here and it reeks of Nomura bullshit. Like, i always thought the name "Final Fantasy 7 Remake" sounded tentative but it turns out, it's actually literal.

They should rename it to "Rebuild of FFVII" instead of FFVII remake.

And Nomura is still going to be the bane of Square. He's got more shit in his head than Kojima.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And like i said, i'm fine with adding and expanding on things but when the entire storyline is changing to fulfill Nomura's absolute clusterfuck, it's not exactly the best thing you could've done.

Points tho, Cloud in the remake isn't the edgelord that Nomura made him out to be in basically everything else that wasn't the original

Thank God Cloud is mostly untouched. I'm sick of people calling Cloud "emo".

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, I'll just be over there hearing the worst complain of modern ports of the likes of V and VI just being the retouched graphics...

The updated graphics are great. The people complaining are just whining babies.

Soon get ready for VII.5, VII.8, VII.9999999999999999999, etc.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

The updated graphics are great. The people complaining are just whining babies.

Yeah, personally I don't mind them either.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That that's the worst I hear about the modern ports. Considering the direction VIIR is going, in comparison it's like... "Well ain't you glad that's all they did for the likes of V and VI?"

Imagine we got FFIV esque remakes..... *sigh.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Huh, wilder than we had. Certainly no 20 degrees here.

But it did hail in the middle of the day out of nowhere. I got caught in it early on walking back home.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

They should rename it to "Rebuild of FFVII" instead of FFVII remake.

Reimiaging is probably better, but it could still be called a remake, though certainly not a faithful one from what I do know.

Just now, Dayni said:

Imagine we got FFIV esque remakes..... *sigh.

That would've been nice too. After the Mana trilogy got remade in such a way (well, Trials is less super-deformed), I kinda want for that to be the norm, at least if you're making 3D remakes.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Reimiaging is probably better, but it could still be called a remake, though certainly not a faithful one from what I do know.

It's more of a Reboot, when it comes down to it.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

And Nomura is still going to be the bane of Square. He's got more shit in his head than Kojima.

Nomura is a good artist, there's no denying that, but i think he should simply not be allowed to write things. 

I don't think he should be allowed to direct things either after he nearly destroyed FF15.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I thought it should've been called Rebirth myself, because that's just easy Nomura naming conventions.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I don't know if call you an uncultured swine or a man of culture after this. What's the problem with the original? For God's sake, tell me it's not polygons...

Not the graphics, haha. I dont really think the characters are interesting enough. The story is only meh as well. That's my opinion, though.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think he should be allowed to direct things either after he nearly destroyed FF15.

I think this is a little overblown. The game is fine, really. Solid enough for a game that got scrapped twice at least. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.