• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

nwtyP0v.png

Oh, hey there Fernand; didn't knew you were also guest appearing...

Why did i deadass think the guy in between Joker and the pink robot girl was Rex?

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

The characters in FFVI are very different from each other. Even if you give them the same magicite and the same spells, the characters are still going to function differently. Locke will always be your only Thief, only Sabin can use Blitz, etc

I agree with Interdimensional Observer on this, they dont really make the characters stand out, honestly.

Too much situational use or little to no use makes them pretty pointless. Besides Sabin of course.

WAIT, DEAD SOULS IS GETTING A REMASTER?!

I've been pranked.

Edited by Benice

I randomly got super nostalgic for one of the first video games I ever played. 

Ah, memories... I want to play it again actually, but I don’t have a system that can (I have my potato laptop but a game from the console gen of 2008 is too much and the DS versions of these games are watered down). I never did actually finish Villain Mode, I think I only did act one or part one or episode one or whatever the three stories were called. I love how the game gave you the ability to play as the villains. It’s still so charming imo... (says my nostalgia goggles). I remember when lego games didn’t have voice acting and the cutscenes were just like this. You know I loved this game when I played it in the single digits but still remember all the obscure-ish Batman characters they included, despite having never seen a movie of his (other than the lego one) or ever touching a comic book. Rewatching that opening cutscene, there were only two whose names I struggled to remember (but recalled them eventually).

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

WAIT, DEAD SOULS IS GETTING A REMASTER?!

I've been pranked.

Like actually pranked?

Ugh why did Tales of Xillia gut the Overlimit system? Vesperia had it perfect! It was fun doing the whole infinite chaining to see your enemy go down after all that. Seeing how well you could combo, doing new things, all the awesome MA's... too bad.

Yuri being able to give everyone on the team OVL level 3 was super fun as well! Too bad they had to change that, too. All for the cost of 2 OVL, 12 for the cost of 2... what's not to like?

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like actually pranked?

Yeah, a spoof video on youtube.

It's not worth watching, (Trust me) but it looks official at first glance.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's clear they wanted to do the opposite they did with FFII, heh...

???

I can see some similarities Ricard/Kain, Gordon/Edward the cowardly prince, an evil Empire (which aren't that common in FF actually) to name a couple. But is this referring to Golbez or Zemus? People living when they should be dying?

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ugh why did Tales of Xillia gut the Overlimit system? Vesperia had it perfect! It was fun doing the whole infinite chaining to see your enemy go down after all that. Seeing how well you could combo, doing new things, all the awesome MA's... too bad.

I don't think I ever learned how ToV's Overlimit worked. Or at least I don't remember much about it. I don't think I used it more than a few times.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well, back from watching VIolet Evergarden. I liked it. Too bad my brother couldn't go with us to see it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

???

I can see some similarities Ricard/Kain, Gordon/Edward the cowardly prince, an evil Empire (which aren't that common in FF actually) to name a couple. But is this referring to Golbez or Zemus? People living when they should be dying?

Yeah, I was referring mostly to having almost everyone live, compared to II's supporting cast where it's most of everyone dying. Really almost everyone. Barely any towns left standing in the game...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, most of these have at least conditional usefulness. In the end, and I may have been placing too much focus on it, magic can render their differences irrelevant. But early on, that isn't the case, and Gau and Sabin at a minimum remain distinctive for their abilities for most of the game. 

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with Interdimensional Observer on this, they dont really make the characters stand out, honestly.

Too much situational use or little to no use makes them pretty pointless. Besides Sabin of course. 

I could be remembering wrong then. Every time I replayed FFVI I never recruited anyone else and always did the CES challenge, so only those three characters are fresh in my memory. Celes' runic was useful against magical enemies, Edgar's tools had inflicted status on enemies and Setzer's dice were a very cool weapon to use.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, Zemus's presence is nonexistent and his motivation lacking. Dare I say he makes FE's Medeus look good? Because seriously, Medeus the Shafted Dragon has it better than Zemus. Darth Golbez has to do all the heavy lifting with his ominous presence.

Medeus at least has a motivation.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though Cecil's conversion didn't come literally two hours fast, it didn't take the entire game, but it didn't feel rushed, for me. I can respect your opinion.

2 hours was my game time from the beginning until the part that Cecil becomes Paladin. It was just a metaphor to say that it happened right at the beginning of the game, which usually lasts about 20 hours or so.

Also, there's something I forgot to mention: FFIV's level curve is awful. You suddenly go from stomping every enemy to getting stomped by every enemy once you reach the moon. Rant over.

27 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Medeus at least has a motivation.

Well, Zemus kinda has that "Why should we wait for humans to catch up with us technologically? Let's not wait and take their planet!" angle. Problem is that, yes, he's not exactly in the picture until right the final battle, and then we end up fighting with his malice taken form.

27 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

2 hours was my game time from the beginning until the part that Cecil becomes Paladin. It was just a metaphor to say that it happened right at the beginning of the game, which usually lasts about 20 hours or so.

How are you blitzing through the game like that!? Did you played IV Easy Type or something...

I don't think I have recruited Rosa from Kaipo within two hours at normal pacing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How are you blitzing through the game like that!? Did you played IV Easy Type or something...

I don't think I have recruited Rosa from Kaipo within two hours at normal pacing.

I played the PSP version.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Zemus kinda has that "Why should we wait for humans to catch up with us technologically? Let's not wait and take their planet!" angle. Problem is that, yes, he's not exactly in the picture until right the final battle, and then we end up fighting with his malice taken form.

Yeah, and that's what makes him a weak villain.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I played the PSP version.

I'm still not fully convinced, but from what I've gather the 3D version is slower-paced in a sense compared to the 2D one, so... alright.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, and that's what makes him a weak villain.

True. Ultimately, the memorable villain was Golbez anyway. Even if his villainy was the result of brainwashing...

10 hours ago, Maof06 said:

How's your LP going?

It's going okay. Typing out the next update.

I ain't giving you views /s

You really shouldn't, I suck.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I hate when sequels of games or later installations gut fun mechanics. Sure, it's broken, but sometimes it can be about having fun. Is that so harmful?

It depends on the mechanic and how gamebreaking it is, but... yeah, always a shame to lose fun things if they aren't replaced with other fun things.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think I ever learned how ToV's Overlimit worked. Or at least I don't remember much about it. I don't think I used it more than a few times.

Whoa... you missed out on some fun combat, then! XD The sheer amount of potential that comes with it is something to be desired.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It depends on the mechanic and how gamebreaking it is, but... yeah, always a shame to lose fun things if they aren't replaced with other fun things.

Even worse when they leave it in the enemies hands only.

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Also, there's something I forgot to mention: FFIV's level curve is awful. You suddenly go from stomping every enemy to getting stomped by every enemy once you reach the moon. Rant over.

I don't remember it being too bad. The enemies if anything, take you down way too quickly (sides Cecil, of course)

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How could you figure out my tricks?! Damn you! I'll be back...!

Hasn’t this happened before? Why are you always back, you’re the Hubert of real life...

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the cruel tease. That's never cool.

Like the damn gigas knights in Endgame of Berwick just not dropping their Djinn Rings when you capture 'em. C'mon, man, I want to do a funny with Saphira and OHKO the final boss! Is that too much to ask???