• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, that's too bad... 

I did try to pawn off Lynette's circlet, but Reese has at least enough of a conscience to keep that.

...Pffft fuck no, Halfmann wouldn't take it. Reese would sell it on a heartbeat for more furniture, the kid's heartless.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it just me, or is Gram legit better than Nothung as a weapon?

Damn right it is. Even without taking into account that it exists for way longer, multiple strikes and higher accuracy make it a lot more reliable. Nothung is only better against heavily armored enemies, since Gram relies on crits against those. For everything else, Gram wins every time.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did try to pawn off Lynette's circlet, but Reese has at least enough of a conscience to keep that.

...Pffft fuck no, Halfmann wouldn't take it. Reese would sell it on a heartbeat for more furniture, the kid's heartless.

Damn right it is. Even without taking into account that it exists for way longer, multiple strikes and higher accuracy make it a lot more reliable. Nothung is only better against heavily armored enemies, since Gram relies on crits against those. For everything else, Gram wins every time.

No! Not his Circlet! It got too much sentimental value!!! 

...ahem... anyways, does anyone else find if strange they give you the busted weapon earlier on? Besides Nothungs +15 dark defense, the -20 (guessing here, as I cant remeber) and around the same power cause the light damage, it just doesnt have the reliability.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That’s every shopkeeper in every videogame when you try to sell something plot relevant, really. The true MVPs.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? As far as I'm aware the general consensus is that most FEs are far more difficult at the beginning, because after that your units start to snowball in stats and you start to get powerful tools like warp and stronger weapons, and the game just cannot keep up. The GBA games, the Tellius games, the original Mystery, Three Houses and Genealogy all suffer from this issue.

Ignoring the warp staff because the warp staff, fe6 only really gives you the divine weapons which are utterly broken but if you want the good ending you use them once per game. Which leads to a super amount of cheese only at the very end, and that game has like 2 good units anyway. Three Houses has a late game difficulty curve that I think manages to catch up with your snowballing pretty well, especially on endgame of a route that isn’t named Verdant Wind or normal mode. I will give you Genealogy. And I guess fe8 can’t keep up. Fe7 doesn’t really know what difficulty is so it’s hard to say, lol.

But other than that, I mean I can’t really see it. FE1, Awakening, all of the Fates games... all hardest at the end. I don’t remember Echoes enough but it has the enemies everyone complains about so probably.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest's difficulty spike, I would argue, has the completely opposite problem: It's too much, too sudden and too unforgiving if your team isn't super optimal.

It doesn’t need to be super optimal it just needs to be, you know... not benching good units on principle for generics and terrible reclasses because haha funny.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But other than that, I mean I can’t really see it. FE1, Awakening, all of the Fates games... all hardest at the end. I don’t remember Echoes enough but it has the enemies everyone complains about so probably.

Awakening I would argue is harder early on, since you lack the more broken resources that endgame has to offer. 

Echoes is also harder early game, as once you get classes like Dreadfighter, Gold Knight, etc, the game is easy peasy.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

fe6 only really gives you the divine weapons which are utterly broken but if you want the good ending you use them once per game.

They have 20 uses and they can be hammerne'd. If you hoard them, that's on you.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Three Houses has a late game difficulty curve that I think manages to catch up with your snowballing pretty well, especially on endgame of a route that isn’t named Verdant Wind or normal mode.

Yeah, no. In my one complete run, the difficulty was consistently piss easy except for when the game pulled bullshit without warning to make me waste divine pulse uses. Other than that, my units were too broken and the maps were too simple. My Crimson Flower hard run was looking to go the same way, before I got bored and quit.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, fine, you're entitled to your own opinion, I guess. I haven't played Awakening or the non-Conquest Fates routes, so it's not like I can judge there.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It doesn’t need to be super optimal it just needs to be, you know... not benching good units on principle for generics and terrible reclasses because haha funny.

I mean, you can get away with it in other games. I will forever hold it against Conquest as a flaw, but I will probably sell my soul to the devil and use a royal or two next time I play it, see how that goes.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ergh... No, not really. What kind of a jerk do you take me for?

Not one.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They have 20 uses and they can be hammerne'd. If you hoard them, that's on you.

Ah yeah, forgot about that staff.

Because it has low uses and I always “hoard” good things with low uses... huh.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you can get away with it in other games. I will forever hold it against Conquest as a flaw, but I will probably sell my soul to the devil and use a royal or two next time I play it, see how that goes.

How far did you get again?

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yeah, forgot about that staff.

Because it has low uses and I always “hoard” good things with low uses... huh.

Hahahah... A bad habit that most FE players suffer from. I've been trying to get rid of it for years. Ironmanning helps. You will spare no expenses when a unit's life is on the line.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How far did you get again?

Garon. If I'm not mistaken I only had two maps left, which is not as bad as I had feared it would be, but that map seriously tried my patience with all the corridors, the unavoidable staves and the super powerful enemies with defense stance.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? As far as I'm aware the general consensus is that most FEs are far more difficult at the beginning, because after that your units start to snowball in stats and you start to get powerful tools like warp and stronger weapons, and the game just cannot keep up. The GBA games, the Tellius games, the original Mystery, Three Houses and Genealogy all suffer from this issue.

I think it also depends on the difficulty. The balanced difficulties at least keep it consistent.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. Its most difficult maps are in the chapters 10-13 range, which is very much the lategame, and the earlygame is the easiest part, as it should be

Well early game is the easiest part in the sense that literally everyone is a Stormtrooper so the threat of death isn't as great. Now cripple on the other hand....

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, you can get away with it in other games. I will forever hold it against Conquest as a flaw, but I will probably sell my soul to the devil and use a royal or two next time I play it, see how that goes.

You can get away with it in the other games because it's not as balanced. Reclassing in DSFE has literally no commitment, Awakening reclassing is kinda busted but you need items to do it and there is no universal reclassing like in DSFE.

Fates' reclassing is literally just a more balanced version of Awakening's and Three Houses is anything goes but not to the point where you don't need to commit like in DSFE.

I spent 500 years on one level trying to get the top of the flagpole with every character. It begins. 

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah... A bad habit that most FE players suffer from. I've been trying to get rid of it for years. Ironmanning helps. You will spare no expenses when a unit's life is on the line.

Maddening also helps. I broke the Sword of the Creator like 50 times.

I still want to do an iron man run because it seems fun. I never decided on what game, though I can rule out fe3h and fe4 because some losses are just too much. 

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon. If I'm not mistaken I only had two maps left, which is not as bad as I had feared it would be, but that map seriously tried my patience with all the corridors, the unavoidable staves and the super powerful enemies with defense stance.

You are correct. I just wish the map told you that  they wouldn’t entrap you unless you were outside of a corridor because that made it suddenly good instead of impossible.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well early game is the easiest part in the sense that literally everyone is a Stormtrooper so the threat of death isn't as great. Now cripple on the other hand....

Does it never end with you? Do I come here every time someone brings up your favorite FEs just to roast them?

...don't answer that.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can get away with it in the other games because it's not as balanced. Reclassing in DSFE has literally no commitment, Awakening reclassing is kinda busted but you need items to do it and there is no universal reclassing like in DSFE.

Fates' reclassing is literally just a more balanced version of Awakening's and Three Houses is anything goes but not to the point where you don't need to commit like in DSFE.

Oh no, I wasn't talking about Fates's reclassing. Heck, I felt Conquest's reclassing was pretty damn awesome. I just feel that starting with Takumi's Castle the enemy quality gets too high and it becomes difficult to get anything done if your team isn't optimal to some degree. It annoys me because I like using bad units, but at that point I suppose the issue lies with me.

Just now, Sooks said:

I still want to do an iron man run because it seems fun. I never decided on what game, though I can rule out fe3h and fe4 because some losses are just too much. 

I wouldn't recommend Conquest either. Seeing how I had such trouble with the lategame just because I used subpar units and class combos, I cannot imagine it'd be very doable if you suffer losses on top of that.

Personally, I would recommend Shadow Dragon or New Mystery, because they both have a ton of units, and with (nearly) limitless reclassing, replacement generics and the inventories of dead units being transfered to the convoy, you can salvage almost any situation.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

still want to do an iron man run because it seems fun. I never decided on what game, though I can rule out fe3h and fe4 because some losses are just too much

I'll praise Shadow Dragon this once, I think that game is the best ironman-able game because replacement units.

I mean, you've seen how that Excelblem H5 run is going.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does it never end with you? Do I come here every time someone brings up your favorite FEs just to roast them?

...don't answer that.

LeaSmug.png

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. I just feel that starting with Takumi's Castle the enemy quality gets too high and it becomes difficult to get anything done if your team isn't optimal to some degree.

I do agree Takumi's Castle is a major pain in the ass as are Ch.26-through-endgame but in my case, I just feel those maps are just not fun, optimal units or no.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sending my replacements to the slaughterhouse is a good strategy? Alright. /j

I do agree Takumi's Castle is a major pain in the ass as are Ch.26-through-endgame but in my case, I just feel those maps are just not fun, optimal units or no.

I can sort of agree with this and I like Conquest.

I'll praise Shadow Dragon this once, I think that game is the best ironman-able game because replacement units.

Yeah, exactly. Shadow Dragon and New Mystery are both excellent for Ironmans. Best games in the series for that purpose.

Also, you don't like Shadow Dragon either? I should've known, there was no way we could agree.

LeaSmug.png

Don't you give me that look!

...That is not reassuring.

Just now, Sooks said:

Sending my replacements to the slaughterhouse is a good strategy? Alright. /j

Well, no, but the fact that he's still able to progress in the highest difficulty despite losing nearly the entire named cast and a mountain of generics says something about the game's "Ironmannability".

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, no, but the fact that he's still able to progress in the highest difficulty despite losing nearly the entire named cast and a mountain of generics says something about the game's "Ironmannability".

Doesn’t he do it for better stats on his replacement units? That seems to be the implication.