Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a franchise as old as Godzilla, it sounds quite surprising to think that this never happened before. MechaGodzilla aside, you'd think they would've invented and toss a dozen different Godzillas into a much earlier iteration of the series. You could rake in some easy yen doing this.

I think it's because Toho wanted to keep Godzilla as the king, so there was just one. Not that we haven't had multiple Godzillas before, he's has had two separate children (Minilla and Godzilla Jr) and the MonsterVerse has shown the remains of an ancient Godzilla ancestor named Dagon. Oh and since most of the movies share continuity with the original 1954, they have made it a point that the OG Godzilla is a different being than the other ones. Even in the Showa-era, the Godzilla that shows up in Godzilla Raids Again all the way to Terror of MechaGodzilla is not the same Godzilla as the original.

But as far as actually different Godzillas, we haven't had anything like that until now (unless you really want to count SpaceGodzilla). But it actually does fall in line with the current Godzilla era, Reiwa Godzilla has so far all been about vastly different takes on the character. You have Shin Godzilla's different forms, Godzilla Earth literally taking over the planet, and now the different Godzillas of SP.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's nice seeing familiar faces but the last "real" new monster introduced in a Japanese movie was Monster X, who was introduced 17 years ago.

And Monster X transformed into Kaiser Ghidorah, which is literally just King Ghidorah but with an altered name. So even then, Monster X just gets half points for being a new monster.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, not anymore....

A few years ago on the other hand...

I still remember the backlash when Heroes was announced. How ironic, considering where it is now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmph. If he learned to tell a good game from garbage, we would not fight so often! I look down on him over my shoulder! Hah!

You only say this because you aren't enlightened like I am.

It's ok, you'll get there eventually.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I'm so filthy rich I bought three pieces of furniture at once! Three!

A piece of furniture for each house you say?

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I remember when i wanted to get into FE myself a few years ago people were telling me to not do it lmao

It's weird realising I got into the series before Awakening but didn't expect what it'd look like from the outside and first played it in the low times.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I couldn't come up with any other way to reply that wouldn't lead to a three-page-long argument.

Now I'm kinda sad because I didn't get to see more of your point of view.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... It depends on where you look.

Good thing we're not on FE reddit, huh?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So am I, I love it when Teehee has these goofier arguments.

You know, as opposed to legit heated arguments.

Half of which are caused by me.

Oh no I'm the villain of Teehee...

Villains are always more important than heroes.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not nearly as much, really.

I remember when i wanted to get into FE myself a few years ago people were telling me to not do it lmao

*Flashbacks to 2015*

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tbf i react the same way towards a certain series nowdays, so..

If it’s what I’m thinking, I’m also doing the same.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If it’s what I’m thinking, I’m also doing the same.

Nah it's not Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan, is, all things considered, only 139 chapters. Can only be compared to one long game, at most.

I am talking about a series of games that went from my all time fav. to something i wanna erase from my mind

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So am I, I love it when Teehee has these goofier arguments.

You know, as opposed to legit heated arguments.

Half of which are caused by me.

Oh no I'm the villain of Teehee...

I don’t think you’ve ever caused a heated argument here.

Besides we all know who the real villain of Teehee is.

Ya know...

I am slowly thinking Thracia might have the most boring early game to every exist...

Everytime i try to replay the game i get bored out of my mind by ch2x lol.

Sure the Manster Arc is, like, one of my most fav. things ever in FE, but dear god are chapters 1 to 3 sleep inducing

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, what about Pikachu form 1,000, then?

It'll happen, and we'll get another electric rodent to boot! 😛

Did they keep inventing new knockoff 'chus after Gen 5? We got baby Pikachu, Magnet Mice, Blue Squirrel, and Flying Squirrel. After that I stopped with the franchise.

19 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Technically we already have Plant Godzilla and Alien Crystal Godzilla, but those are different enough to be considered separate characters.

I think I remember Armagon posting an image of that thing, Biollante was its name?

Good idea to make them wholly separate, it frees them to be their own beings, instead of overusing the central figure.

19 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There was also supposed to be a movie where Godzilla fought Ghost Godzilla, but Ghost Godzilla was replaced with a new monster.

Sounds like a better idea than a Zombie G'. Zombies are overdone. Something spectral could be cooler; the Chozo Ghosts of Metroid Prime are entering my mind. 

I'm sure it's already been done at some point in the kaiju world, but invisibility and intangibility sound as though they could make for a fun clash. Sure you can beat what you can't see, but how can you win against something that doesn't stick to your plane of existence? -Only issue is a kaiju who keeps their attacks to the spectral realm may not be able to wreck buildings as is tradition.

That, and Ghost Godzilla makes me think "the embodiment of the lives that Godzilla has in one way or another destroyed or negatively impacted, they as a collective entity have taken the form of that which hate, so as to kill it with poetic justice"- Revenge of the Skyscrapers & Automobiles and all.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's because Toho wanted to keep Godzilla as the king, so there was just one. Not that we haven't had multiple Godzillas before, he's has had two separate children (Minilla and Godzilla Jr) and the MonsterVerse has shown the remains of an ancient Godzilla ancestor named Dagon. Oh and since most of the movies share continuity with the original 1954, they have made it a point that the OG Godzilla is a different being than the other ones. Even in the Showa-era, the Godzilla that shows up in Godzilla Raids Again all the way to Terror of MechaGodzilla is not the same Godzilla as the original.

But as far as actually different Godzillas, we haven't had anything like that until now (unless you really want to count SpaceGodzilla). But it actually does fall in line with the current Godzilla era, Reiwa Godzilla has so far all been about vastly different takes on the character. You have Shin Godzilla's different forms, Godzilla Earth literally taking over the planet, and now the different Godzillas of SP.

Thanks for typing out this information for someone who has no serious interest in the franchise!

-No, I mean that seriously, thank you. "Window shopping" into worlds you don't actually want to dive into can be entertaining in a way. Because while you don't want to commit to that world, learning about it secondhand does expand one's understanding of... stuff. And regardless of what it is, I do think that many humans like learning, even if the topics they choose to learn about aren't "important".

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You only say this because you aren't enlightened like I am.

It's ok, you'll get there eventually.

Bold words, from a man so utterly lacking in vision as yourself. You couldn't see quality if it sat on your face!

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

A piece of furniture for each house you say?

Reach for my wallet
I'll soar away
Into Jonathan's shop
Oh I wish he'd give me a discount

Here in this cherished atelier
In peaceful days
I fear the edge of poverty,
Knowing furniture prices betray

16 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Now I'm kinda sad because I didn't get to see more of your point of view.

I just like the flowery speech. It's super pleasant to read. The development Marth gets as a character, too. It's subtle, but it's pretty nice. There's also the occassional jokes, and I really do feel that the few bits the characters get are great. Horace, for example. His whole gaiden is so well written, it makes him out to be such a tragic character, and Nyna benefits from it too. She gets the most badass moment in that chapter. Most characters have little conversations with Marth after recruitment (if they aren't recruited by Marth himself, of course), and from them you can glean the essentials about their characters. It's not much, for sure, but I do enjoy what we do get. Really, it's only the Wolfguard, the armor twins and Tomas that are entirely nondescript.

Honestly, when it comes to SD I believe that what's there is wonderful. It's just, well... There isn't much. I wish there was more. Unfortunately, "more" came at the price of Kris in the sequel. Which had its perks (Arran's whole expanded character) and its cons (Cain's death quote in SD alone gave him so much, but in New Mystery he got utterly butchered). Still, I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: I play FE for the gameplay, and I suppose that may be why SD's story doesn't irk me as much. It's just pleasant to watch unfold.

Also, Marth is sassy and aggressive and I love it. I wish there was more of that in his other appearances, rather than his usual "milquetoast boy" depiction.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think you’ve ever caused a heated argument here.

Besides we all know who the real villain of Teehee is.

Hilda?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they keep inventing new knockoff 'chus after Gen 5? We got baby Pikachu, Magnet Mice, Blue Squirrel, and Flying Squirrel. After that I stopped with the franchise.

We got Fairy 'chu, Squirrelchu the Hedgehog and Angery 'chu since.

You probably made the right call considering what Pokemon was like.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know...

I am slowly thinking Thracia might have the most boring early game to every exist...

Everytime i try to replay the game i get bored out of my mind by ch2x lol.

Sure the Manster Arc is, like, one of my most fav. things ever in FE, but dear god are chapters 1 to 3 sleep inducing

Really? The early game is usually my favorite part because of the limited resources.

I mean I’ve never played Thracia, so I hope it doesn’t mess up too badly when I get to it...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reach for my wallet
I'll soar away
Into Jonathan's shop
Oh I wish he'd give me a discount

Here in this cherished atelier
In peaceful days
I fear the edge of poverty,
Knowing furniture prices betray

Of all the people to write this...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hilda?

No no, the one who opposes the very being of teehee, trying to stop the reign of supposed heresy.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of all the people to write this...

The Teehee plottwist.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The only merchant in the game who won't ever give you a discounts for helping out the Narvian citizens with their problems.

Hahahahahahahahah... Jonathan is just wonderful. He doesn't give a shit about anyone, all he cares about is for his furniture to be sold before the loan sharks' goons come to break his kneecaps. The real loan sharks, too, not that dumb cinnamon roll Halfmann.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No no, the one who opposes the very being of teehee, trying to stop the reign of supposed heresy.

But that one's not the villain, he's the Jeigan!

Because he's old. He's the Jeigan because he's old.

A rickety old man.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure it's already been done at some point in the kaiju world, but invisibility and intangibility sound as though they could make for a fun clash. Sure you can beat what you can't see, but how can you win against something that doesn't stick to your plane of existence? -Only issue is a kaiju who keeps their attacks to the spectral realm may not be able to wreck buildings as is tradition.

Invisibility wasn't a part of it but the anime trilogy incarnation of King Ghidorah was an interdimensional being that twisted the laws of time and space and was intangible, even Godzilla couldn't hurt him.

In one scene, King Ghidorah kills a whole spaceship full of people but the people on board don't realize they're dead until minutes later.

The only way this incarnation of Ghidorah could be defeated was by killing the one who summoned him, which made Ghidorah tangible and easily defeated by Godzilla.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That, and Ghost Godzilla makes me think "the embodiment of the lives that Godzilla has in one way or another destroyed or negatively impacted, they as a collective entity have taken the form of that which hate, so as to kill it with poetic justice"- Revenge of the Skyscrapers & Automobiles and all.

We kinda did get something like that but not exactly. The Godzilla in GMK is a genuinely evil (the one and only time Godzilla was like this) supernatural being formed from the regrets of Japanese WW2 soldiers and their anger at being forgotten. A commentary on Japan trying to forget their imperial past, perhaps.

Ghost Godzilla himself was going to be the ghost of the original Godzilla FYI but while those plans never happened, elements of it did make it's way into Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla, where Kiryu (the MechaGodzilla) temporarily gets taken over by the spirit of the original Godzilla, whose remains were used to build the machine.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks for typing out this information for someone who has no serious interest in the franchise!

-No, I mean that seriously, thank you. "Window shopping" into worlds you don't actually want to dive into can be entertaining in a way. Because while you don't want to commit to that world, learning about it secondhand does expand one's understanding of... stuff. And regardless of what it is, I do think that many humans like learning, even if the topics they choose to learn about aren't "important".

No problem. Always happy to share interests.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, Marth is sassy and aggressive and I love it.

It's true. My favorite SD Marth quote is "as a friend, you are replaceable", which he says every time he publicly executes one of his soldiers in order to access a Gaiden chapter.

Jokes aside, Marth in SD does feel different.

Just now, Armagon said:

It's true. My favorite SD Marth quote is "as a friend, you are replaceable", which he says every time he publicly executes one of his soldiers in order to access a Gaiden chapter.

Tell me... are you afraid to die?

- Marth(?)

Just now, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, Marth in SD does feel different.

Everyone knows the quip at Malledus's exposition dump, but my personal favorite is the shoulder line.

Nyna:
“That hunger for danger worries me, Marth. Humanity’s hopes rest on your shoulders. I would sooner not see them crushed.”

Marth:
“Which? Humanity’s hopes, or my shoulders?

Glorious.

On a more serious note, the prologue does a better job at showcasing Marth's hardships than most FEs, and after that his anger is quite justified. I love SD's prologue. Thank goodness for the patch that enables it in the harder difficulties, because it's a fuckin' crime that it is only available on normal mode in the vanilla game.

Yeah I was about to say, there’s a birthday on his profile. 

The Teehee plottwist.

Time to steal @Armagon’s joke.

But that one's not the villain, he's the Jeigan!

Because he's old. He's the Jeigan because he's old.

Well fe16 has an old villain and that’s best one therefore I win.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah I was about to say, there’s a birthday on his profile. 

I don't trust him. He's old and lying about his age to appear less old, but his mannerisms betray his true facet! That he's old!

Time to steal @Armagon’s joke.

Don't lecture me, Sooks! I see through the lies of the 3H fandom! I have brought peace, justice, freedom and security to my new community!

Well fe16 has an old villain and that’s best one therefore I win.

You know which one also has an old villain?

Berwick Saga.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. SoV is the best.

Can we get an F in chat for Acacia's math skills?

Edited by Saint Rubenio