Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Can we get an F in chat for Acacia's math skills?

https://serenesforest.net/2018/04/20/feature-analysing-fire-emblems-numbering-system/

Later, it was discovered that Awakening was internally Fire Emblem 14. So clearly Nintendo/IS were sticking to their guns. (Likewise, Fates is Fire Emblem 15 internally and Echoes is Fire Emblem 16.)

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yeah, I was making a joke about the whole Internal Data numbering of the games and how fans number the games.

But it's true that SoV is FE16 in its internal data.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

https://serenesforest.net/2018/04/20/feature-analysing-fire-emblems-numbering-system/

Later, it was discovered that Awakening was internally Fire Emblem 14. So clearly Nintendo/IS were sticking to their guns. (Likewise, Fates is Fire Emblem 15 internally and Echoes is Fire Emblem 16.)

Gah! This can't be... happening...

Unit death sound

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I was making a joke about the whole Internal Data numbering of the games and how fans number the games.

But it's true that SoV is FE16 in its internal data.

I like how IntSys hasn't forgotten Archanea Saga even though everyone else did.

...Not me, though, but I tend to forget it was a separate game from FE12, since that's where I got to experience it. Still, difficult to forget the game where I get to kill myself.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't trust him. He's old and lying about his age to appear less old, but his mannerisms betray his true facet! That he's old!

Ah yes, my form mannerisms.

Sorry about my lisp there!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't lecture me, Sooks! I see through the lies of the 3H fandom! I have brought peace, justice, freedom and security to my new community!

Wasn’t that whoever worked on the translation patch for Berwick Saga?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I’ve heard bad things about those debates.

Never even seen one though because I barely understand the subject.

Just now, Benice said:

Was BSFE FE5, then?

It has no number in the data, best I know.

According to the article, they might count it as the 6th game. Internally, the numbering jumps from 12 to 14, since the cancelled Wii game is what would've been FE13. PoR is also FE8 since development began before Sacred Stone's did, but that one is also FE8 in the data, likely since it was the one that was going to get released first.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wasn’t that whoever worked on the translation patch for Berwick Saga?

Aethin is awesome, yes. Man spent three years working his ass off on the translation, with only a programmer and a handful of playtesters to help him, in exchange for absolutely nothing. We really cannot thank him enough.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard bad things about those debates.

Never even seen one though because I barely understand the subject.

Personally, I've always stuck to just refer to them by their actual names, not by number.

That, or make jokes about the aircraft line:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Aircraft_Factory_F.E.1

We could just number them by my objectively correct opinions, so fe1 is Three Houses for being the best and fe16 is Gaiden. Obviously the best answer.

Edited by Sooks

FE and being bad at math is common, so the numbers not working makes sense and is thus canon.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He's from 1992, so take a guess.

Me, Wraith and Acacia apparently:

TTB.png

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

FE and being bad at math is common, so the numbers not working makes sense and is thus canon.

I suppose FE6 just so happens to be the game where they started lying about the numbers.

You know, even before I knew the game was lying about hit rates, I could still feel that a 20% hit from a Sleep Staff had much higher odds then a 20% hit from a Steel Lance or whatever.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

You know, even before I knew the game was lying about hit rates, I could still feel that a 20% hit from a Sleep Staff had much higher odds then a 20% hit from a Steel Lance or whatever.

I think I remember staves work off 1 RN.

But I don't see any proof.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It'll happen, and we'll get another electric rodent to boot! 😛

Did they keep inventing new knockoff 'chus after Gen 5? We got baby Pikachu, Magnet Mice, Blue Squirrel, and Flying Squirrel. After that I stopped with the franchise.

Ugh, dont remind me.

Yeah, they have Mimikyu, which is in Smash.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ugh, dont remind me.

Yeah, they have Mimikyu, which is in Smash.

>Actually likes Mimikyu.

Alright, fine, fine-

No, you know what? REPLACE THE FURRY TORNADO WITH IT AS A FIGH-

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/f9/d1/c5f9d11d99fa52a64ec9c63fa253e6cf.gif

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean does Mimikyu really count? It’s not an electric type, it’s not yellow, it’s (potentially) not a rodent...

It's aesthetic is that it's jealous of Pikachu and is hoping others will notice it when it takes to looking like Pikachu and hiding it's true form.

Which must make everyone wonder how there's a whole species of Pokemon that do it, but considering it's popularity it worked.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's aesthetic is that it's jealous of Pikachu and is hoping others will notice it when it takes to looking like Pikachu and hiding it's true form.

Exactly. That’s unique. Besides, we who actually like Mimikyu and don’t think Incineroar really deserves a spot in Smash should stick together.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which must make everyone wonder how there's a whole species of Pokemon that do it, but considering it's popularity it worked.

Maybe it’s a hereditary trait.

Without Multiheal, 70+ damage per turn to everyone is too much to survive and fight back. With Multiheal, and Oomph and Sap letting me deal ~150 damage each with the Hero and my Martial Artist, Baramos was roasted like the evil turkey it is. I don't think I over-grinded, it's more the boss difficulty is an on/off switch.

Neat "twist" for the era. Now if only the game gave me a map of the new place, it's why I came up for a breather. I'll do the dungeons tomorrow or something. 

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Jealousy as genetic aspect is peculiar, although general mimicry of appearance, is a thing IRL. See the coral snake, there are species of snake that look fairly similar to it, but aren't visually identical. These copycats are hypothesized to look like the species they try to pretend to be, because those other species are dangerous and avoided by would-be predators, while the imitators are less able to defend themselves from predators who would eat them.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Internally, the numbering jumps from 12 to 14, since the cancelled Wii game is what would've been FE13.

I slightly wished they revived it somehow, the images and artwork of the canceled game didn't look half bad.

illusive-wii-fe-002.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Props for the anime to actually have the one Mimikyu going "All Pikachu must perish!" instead...

Maybe more are doing it subtly, killing them and pretending to be the pikachu they slayed.

Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Besides, we who actually like Mimikyu and don’t think Incineroar really deserves a spot in Smash should stick together.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/042/980/b5b.gif

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I slightly they revived it somehow, the images of the canceled game didn't look half bad.

illusive-wii-fe-002.jpg

What, you think the Mila Tree came from here? /s

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jealousy as genetic aspect is peculiar, although general mimicry of appearance, is a thing IRL. See the coral snake, there are species of snake that look fairly similar to it, but aren't visually identical. These copycats are hypothesized to look like the species they try to pretend to be, because those other species are dangerous and avoided by would-be predators, while the imitators are less able to defend themselves from predators who would eat them.

This is true, but Mimikyu is bizarre in that it builds it's artificial disguise on it's own.