Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Thoughts on the near-inevitability of decline of the established in gaming at some point (pessimistic stuff I know), makes me think I need to diversify my gaming profile somewhat. The thoughts have enough that I think I'll buy SteamWorld Dig 2 while it's on sale yet again for $7.99. I enjoyed the first, the sequel got critic reviews of 8-9, assuaging my boundless fears, which apply especially to Indies.

Now if only Brigandine went on sale for once, I've never seen it discounted, still full retail price. I've a quarter of a mind to get it.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Archaic save-rooms is the thread that connects all of this.

Money exists, although money farming is slow, because candles give MP-restoring mana roses when MP isn't full instead of cash. That has been an issue in almost every post-Symphony of the Night Castlevania.

The Zangetsu and Bloodless alternate modes don't have potions, as is the usual for alternate modes in Castlevanias. This makes Bloodless more challenging, but Zangetsu is ez mode for most of a run with him because of how good he is, I don't think it gets difficult until the very end.

I do think around the time of the desert caves, the game got significantly harder for me. The way the areas are designed at that point, so many narrow, tall tunnels, are more challenging to survive than earlier area layouts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll never win. I have powers well beyond your comprehension!

Powers:

• Anime Abolitionist: OHKOs women in revealing clothing

• ”I know what good map design is”

None of these seem very useful here.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Money exists, although money farming is slow,

There is a much faster method but it's endgame lol.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

do think around the time of the desert caves, the game got significantly harder for me. The way the areas are designed at that point, so many narrow, tall tunnels, are more challenging to survive than earlier area layouts.

Yeah, I definitely felt that too.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll never win. I have powers well beyond your comprehension!

A shame I have this

hry35zxe8ea31_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Powers:

• Anime Abolitionist: OHKOs women in revealing clothing

• ”I know what good map design is”

None of these seem very useful here.

I would come up with a witty retort, but I'm too busy laughing my ass off to do it.

You win this round, Sooks.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A shame I have this

hry35zxe8ea31_1.jpg

You have a thighs robot?

...Okay, fine, but I will be back! My vengeance shall be felt on the very foundations of the earth!!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You two should duke it out in Fates multiplayer

or New Mystery's

T E A R

R I N G

S A G A

M U L T I P L A Y E R

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And stream it for all of us to see and bear witness to the great Teehee rivalry battle!

Okay that'd be amazing.

However, I am not about to waste my time on the likes of Armagon. He is so clearly beneath me, I mean, he refuses to see the greatness of Berwick Saga! I’ve no use for such bloodless minnows...

Getting close to the 1870's. I think at that point I can start doing stuff like colonial organizations. Not just Africa, but I've also expanded in Indochina. Beat the French to the punch there as well. I might also get a second treaty port. Probably Shanghai. The reunification wars there have been going on for quite a while. Poor Heavenly Kingdom turned into a paper tiger too fast.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay that'd be amazing.

However, I am not about to waste my time on the likes of Armagon. He is so clearly beneath me, I mean, he refuses to see the greatness of Berwick Saga! I’ve no use for such bloodless minnows...

@Armagon, I have a suggested format. (This is me thinking for a few minutes)

Three rounds: TRS, NMotE and Fates multiplayer.

Fates would be a time trial to seize, NMotE would be FoW with preferred squads and TRS would be the fun round working with that multiplayer file I remember having Julius.

I must admit this does have the issue of if it can be done with Citra in particular as I doubt you have the same region 3DS and so couldn't do it on hardware. I think link cable options should be available for TRS, if it has to be done that way instead of sharing a session.

Also, man, after doing all the reforms I could on Education and Health, I started on Pensions and... pft, profits took a dive. I had to readjust taxes a little until money started pouring in again... from what POPs buy thanks to the money their families get from enacting Pensions.

Economics!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Armagon, I have a suggested format. (This is me thinking for a few minutes)

Fates would be a time trial to seize, NMotE would be FoW with preferred squads and TRS would be the fun round working with that multiplayer file I remember having Julius.

I must admit this does have the issue of if it can be done with Citra in particular as I doubt you have the same region 3DS and so couldn't do it on hardware. I think link cable options should be available for TRS, if it has to be done that way instead of sharing a session.

This sounds like too much trouble.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Sadly, it seems Ruben is not rising up to the challenge smh

I am merely sparing Armagon the public humilliation. His tactics couldn't possibly compare to mine!

...No! No, no! Don't look at the death counts in my LPs! Don't do it, please...! Just take my word for it, I'm good! I'm really goooooooooooooood...!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wait

what?

That sounds too good to be true xD

I was memeing when I said it.

...I don’t actually remember the logic I used.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Idk, seems like you're just scared bro.

36 minutes ago, Dayni said:

have a suggested format. (This is me thinking for a few minutes)

That's definitely too much trouble.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, there was my theory that Armagon is Excelblem, so you could be on the same level...

Damn, I've been found out. Sorry folks, but I've got to kill you all now.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk, seems like you're just scared bro.

Grrrrr... You're the one who's scared!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn, I've been found out. Sorry folks, but I've got to kill you all now.

You will not lay a hand on anybody in this thread who does not like Three Houses! I will not allow it!

...You can have the rest.