Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Not for the fanservice, but because he was surprised the character was in his party and saw how OP she was.

Kaga does give pretty op units though...

Only Berwick from his games i played i didn't get a super busted unit

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

E N D G A M E
R E A D Y
B E A R D

I mean, he's quite strong, but he's not as game shattering as the ones I listed. Especially Narron and Troy.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

I mean, he's quite strong, but he's not as game shattering as the ones I listed. Especially Narron and Troy.

Yeah, I was just meme'ing. Ward is held back by his availability. Well, that and the fact that Berwick is a well balanced game despite being made by Kaga.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only Berwick from his games i played i didn't get a super busted unit

Well, there's stuff like Clifford, Dean, Sylvis and Volo. They aren't as immensely gamebreaking as Kaga's other OP units because of the way Berwick works, but they're definitely a step above their peers.

Anyway, I'd just like to let you all know that I have acquired Awakening by legitimate means. Gave it a quick test, and it appears the Bugquest thing was due to my legitimate Fates copy, because the bugs aren't present in Awakening. Now I just gotta beat Berwick Saga once again, and we can get started.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it isn't a Kaga game if there isn't a lategame boss/character chasing you in the earlygame. I bet he would've been super confused that the game instead gave him that character.

Like this:

https://i.imgflip.com/1m9z7i.gif

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Laughs in Narron, Dean, Troy, Bertholia, etc.

On Narron, he's deceptively weak in the beginning, which is kinda the point of him. Can't comment on the latter two and am not experienced enough with Dean to be certain how he turns out.

I would argue a character like Camilla wouldn't be something he'd have expected to join him and when he saw the stats she came with he was too shook to continue.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, there's stuff like Clifford, Dean, Sylvis and Volo. They aren't as immensely gamebreaking as Kaga's other OP units because of the way Berwick works, but they're definitely a step above their peers.

True

Anyway, I'd just like to let you all know that I have acquired Awakening by legitimate means. Gave it a quick test, and it appears the Bugquest thing was due to my legitimate Fates copy, because the bugs aren't present in Awakening. Now I just gotta beat Berwick Saga once again, and we can get started.

oh boi

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Go get them Sooks, show no mercy!

Sir yes sir!

Well, mercy actually has a tactical advantage if I let them keep some cities...

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ayup.

At least I know my heart functions now.

You already knew... 

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Basilikoi Paides, which replaces the Barracks in the Encampment, should help keep you up in Science. Every combat unit produced (but not bought) in a city with a Paides provides Science equal to 25% of its production cost. Get a few high production cities dedicated to churning out units, and your Science shouldn't lag behind. The AI tends to build Barracks instead of Stables, and any city you conquer with a Barracks will have it instantly turn into a Paides.

Yup. That science thing sounds especially useful, since it sounds like science is what makes or breaks you in late game warfare. Everyone acts like Nukes will destroy the game if used properly.

Have you done a domination run in civ vi btw? Was it with a vanilla leader?

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How did you know that i was Kaga all along?

What?? There’s no way, I mean considering—

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

did i surprise you @Benice

nVYV5xH.png

This checks out.

Anyway, I'd just like to let you all know that I have acquired Awakening by legitimate means. Gave it a quick test, and it appears the Bugquest thing was due to my legitimate Fates copy, because the bugs aren't present in Awakening.

It could be that Fates was more intensive and the pieces weren't as stable.

Which is funny because Awakening had no feet out of fear they couldn't actually process them on the 3DS. Now the opposite has occurred on the Nintendo 3DSitra.

So many secret identities, Shrimpy is Kaga, Armagon is Excelblem...

Oh well, at least Sea Kaga can be literal this time. True form unlocked:

9HNXgoq.jpg

This is why we don’t delete stuff from our imgur albums.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You already knew... 

Perfect! Now I have Yakuza into Sooks' search history.

There's also this absolute slapper, the first time Yakuza has ever had an actual full song play in-game for the karaoke minigame, and canonically Kiryu's final song:

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So many secret identities, Shrimpy is Kaga, Armagon is Excelblem...

Am I actually Majima?

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck! Hope you're able to have fun with the wacky stuff you can do.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Perfect! Now I have Yakuza into Sooks' search history.

Yes, I totally wasn’t on an incognito browser... nope not at all.....

There's also this absolute slapper, the first time Yakuza has ever had an actual full song play in-game for the karaoke minigame, and canonically Kiryu's final song:

Yeah you’re right, it is a slapper.

I mean, it is called hands...

Am I actually Majima?

You work for the marketing team of Sega.

Also, while looking for the company name I found this: http://www.factfiend.com/yakuza-games-yakuza-approved/

Yakuza now has the Yakuza seal of approval.

If wacky means breaking the game.

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pffffffffft lmao

Watch Ruben be actually Maeda

All along, it was I who ruined the Fire Emblem series! All a ploy to destroy it, that KagaSaga may replace it as the flagship series of the SRPG genre! Ahahahahah...!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, I'm only at the funny lance squads map in Berwick. I've a ways to go yet. But I'll be sure to try and not quit too early when I do get to Awakening!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, it is called hands...

It's called Hands because they'll be sore after all the button presses.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, while looking for the company name I found this: http://www.factfiend.com/yakuza-games-yakuza-approved/

Yakuza now has the Yakuza seal of approval.

'Das kinda funny.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes.

That journalist should be famous in the Yakuza community.

Well, the video has 650k views, which is about as much as non-meme Yakuza videos get.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If wacky means breaking the game.

Well yeah, but that can be fun, I guess. There are some neat things you can pull off.

I opened my PC once I returned from the grocery store and

IMG_20210417_185838.jpg

I think i'm gonna commit war crimes.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anything Berwick is always good. Well, except for the capture system. Stick to the Fates one there. But everything else...

True. Fates' capturing is the best method.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I enjoyed a second Kaga game so now the universe has to balance itself so Ruben has to enjoy a second modern FE game.

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pffffffffft lmao

Watch Ruben be actually Maeda

Now that would be ironic.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yup. That science thing sounds especially useful, since it sounds like science is what makes or breaks you in late game warfare. Everyone acts like Nukes will destroy the game if used properly.

Have you done a domination run in civ vi btw? Was it with a vanilla leader?

I've done Domination with:

• Scythia- I forget the map type, but it was in vanilla.
  • Macedon- Inland Sea, with the Gathering Storm DLC, which doesn't really matter of Macedon, as GS doesn't mess with how they play.
  • Rome- Fractal map, vanilla. Rome surprisingly doesn't have any incentives to war once the Legion runs out of usefulness. But it was my first Domination win, the free Monuments assure you some of the best early Culture gain. Fast access to Oligarchy is nice.
  • Poland I used on Snowflake map in vanilla, the Winged Hussars were great. Gathering Storm nerfs them, because cavalry units can no longer benefit from Battering Rams and Siege Towers, only melee (Warriors, Swordsmen, Musketmen, Infantry, Mechanized Infantry) and anti-cav (Spearman, Pikeman, AT Crew, Modern AT Crew) units.
  • Persia I dabbled in twice, not full scale conquest, just eradicating my nearest neighbor to claim some space to transition into a Culture Victory. Since this was early warfare, the Immortals were able to put up a good fight, as weird as they are. And the temporary movement boost is nifty.
  • Sumeria I attempted thrice. The first was a Terra map, which is cheating for them; the second was TSL Earth, where Saladin was my immediate neighbor, he died real fast. The third was with Gathering Storm, and I dropped it because the added Loyalty mechanic caused me to keep losing Roman cities to rebellion- the earlygame didn't give me the means for dealing with it, although the War Carts were very effective.

As for Domination with DLC civs:

• I tried using Nubia, but I took too long before I started warring, my incredible Pitati Archers bumped against Crossbowmen. Ancient-era warfare demands you succeed and thus strike fast, otherwise you'll have fallen behind.
  • I tried the Zulu, I got stuck with Georgia as my nearest victim, Georgia gets bonuses towards walls, and I opted to drop the match because Tamar was no easy target. I need to try them again.
  • Mongolia is top-tier Domination bar none, I won't hear it otherwise! Their Keshigs aren't actually great in combat, but keeping a few around to move Battering Rams/Siege Towers or Great Generals around the map faster is a good idea. Although known for their legendary skills on horseback, Mongolia is as amazing with foot soldiers. Send a trade route to a city you don't want to conquer, get a Spy and send them to create a Listening Post in the same desired cities, and research Printing. Each level of Diplomatic Visibility Mongolia has over the enemy civ provides them with double the Combat Strength bonus, meaning +6 for every single unit regardless of type. That is busted.
  • Out of all the Domination-inclined civs, the Ottomans are the last to come into bloom. Once the Janissaries are ready and backed by siege units to demolish walls, they are great though.
  • Hungary is... different. While you do want to build some units of your own, Hungary is all about levying City-State armies and using those for conquest. Matthias can be awesome, but he needs to find City-States, he needs them to not get conquered or razed by the AI, and he needs them to have plenty of soldiers. He also needs Envoys and Gold to suzerain and then order those levies. In short, the Hungary is highly variable, and might take some time before Matthias can start conquering. But, Hungary was very fun for me.

I tend to go for Science or Culture Victories, but I do Dominate sometimes, and I think I'll be in the mood for another one of these soon. The Mapuche will worth using come Thursday's rebalancing update, so maybe I'll run with them.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think i'm gonna commit war crimes.

At least it wasn't my old Mac, which basically broke its 7-8-years old spine after a major OS update. I blame myself for doing that.

Which also reminds me my current, year-old Mac is experiencing different boot-up problems right now, I need to get that fixed before it worsens.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I enjoyed a second Kaga game so now the universe has to balance itself so Ruben has to enjoy a second modern FE game.

What were the Kaga games?

13 hours ago, Dayni said:

I see the MCU peaked very early for you.

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well that’s a unique take if I ever heard one! I do think Iron Man 1 is one of the better ones though.

Yeah, I don't think anything can top early MCU. Watching a superhero movie in a shared universe for the first time was a magical experience. MCU after the first Avengers became too formulaic, with subpar plots and dumb jokes every damn film, save for Winter Soldier and GotG.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I'd just like to let you all know that I have acquired Awakening by legitimate means.

Great! Now acquire Awakening's DLCs through illegitimate means.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Always a... laugh. (Where's the F!?)

I sympathize with him, because I have the same difficulties.

11 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, I don't think anything can top early MCU. Watching a superhero movie in a shared universe for the first time was a magical experience. MCU after the first Avengers became too formulaic, with subpar plots and dumb jokes every damn film, save for Winter Soldier and GotG.

So do you define early MCU as pre-Avengers?

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

I know I don't think quite the same (formulaic is certainly an understandable criticism, but I am definitely too tired to go into it in detail), but out of the first phase it doesn't help that it has Thor (Which is definitely impacted by Branagh's involvement), Captain America (I can't say I was fully into it when I watched it, but I guess I'm not American enough to appreciate it) and Iron Man 2 (which shock horror I'm not a fan of). Avengers couldn't quite be matched for the sheer awe of the moment itself when it happened (Endgame has that decade of buildup hanging over it, that would always be a factor)

I still haven't seen Incredible Hulk though, maybe that's more of a standout.