Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Reuben said:

On a more worrying note, I'm feeling my desire to play HSoS burning once again. I'm gonna be honest, even beyond the story (which, ultimately, I can do without if worse comes to worst), I had the same worry as Shrimpy. The language barrier getting in the way of the gameplay because Kaga likes to put hints in the dialogue.

Knowing that this isn't so much the case in this game, however... Oh, good lord. Poor Awakening might have to wait a bit... I've 6 more maps before I finish Berwick again, and it's not looking good...

One of the only few lategame events I can think of that doesn't have dialogue hinting at it explicitly FORCE DEPLOYS THE UNIT and shows the talk on the talk list. Also, yes, the Old Lady. My favorite.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Reuben said:

...Wait, I just realized-- MOTHERFUCKING DAOUD'S GOING TO HAVE 27 DEFENSE WITH SIMPETTE'S HELP! OH MY GOD, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT!

How did it take me 5 runs to use that man? He's hilarious!

That would be 22 defense. So he actually capped defense on your run? Pretty insane.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wish I could enjoy Berwick, but oh well.

Don't worry about it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. People are different - that's the beauty of mankind, isn't it?

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

That would be 22 defense. So he actually capped defense on your run? Pretty insane.

No no, not quite capped. He has 17 at the moment. Which, mind, it's still absurd as hell. The guy doesn't even need the wyrmskin shield!

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

One of the only few lategame events I can think of that doesn't have dialogue hinting at it explicitly FORCE DEPLOYS THE UNIT and shows the talk on the talk list.

Right, so I just have to play "find the moon runes!" and see if I can't match the japanese name on the talk list with the one on the map.

Also, yeah, the talk list. That's going to be really handy. I remember in Vestaria it was important to check it constantly.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, yes, the Old Lady. My favorite.

So many interesting-looking units in this game. It doesn't look as refined and elegant as Berwick's cast, but it appears to be batshit enough to surpass even TRS. Now that, that I like.

Edited by Reuben

3 minutes ago, Reuben said:

No no, not quite capped. He has 17 at the moment. Which, mind, it's still absurd as hell. The guy doesn't even need the wyrmskin shield!

The Wyrmskin Shield also caps him at 90% accuracy.

Normally I do actually prefer him using small shields since he is rather difficult to promote. And before promotion he caps s.shields at 40 and m.shields at only 30.
They are both 50 after promotion, though. So he could actually get a nice 100% block rate with a Limit Shield or the Hestia.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, Reuben said:

You should, the game is wonderful. I cannot gush for it much more than I already do, hah.

I like the music.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wish I could enjoy Berwick, but oh well.

Did you not enjoy it or do you also have a potato computer? Both?

Hey @Spara, perhaps it's asking for too much, but on the off-chance that you did it - Did you save the post-Zephgarus HSoS text anywhere? Like, did you put it on a file or something? I don't expect nor demand it, just curious.

Just now, Sooks said:

Oh yeah I forgot to listen to this one when you first posted it but it’s good too.

You should really give a listen to the Berwick OST, if nothing else. A lot of it is pure gold.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

>Wyrmskin Shield

did you really have to remind me of that map...

Come now. The map may suck, but the wyrmskin shield is the best damn shield in the game. It's not its fault that it joins in the worst map! Or do you hold it against Gilbert that he joins in the worst map in the series? Heck no, you hate him for different reasons!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

But hey. At least I got to hear some of the best base/hub/office music I've heard in any game.

Berwick's OST is top notch. I'm glad most can agree to that, if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The Wyrmskin Shield also caps him at 90% accuracy.

I will take the gamble.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

before promotion he caps s.shields at 40 and m.shields at only 30.

Eh, I wouldn't know. Neither rank reached 30 before promo.

> Aggro's spreadsheet lists a four-way support for the "7x great lancer quartet."

Spara.

I just want you to know.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Didn't enjoy it. It ran surprisingly well once I got things going though.

I just want you to know, while I am not being myself, that I thoroughly support your unenjoyment of Berwick Saga, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors, even if you don't like one of my favorite games of all.

Armagon is still a dickhead though--

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

lml9itm.png

Yes, I agree with Smol Anime Girl With Cotton In Her Ears. That is very much the face I made.

...Also, one of them is called Lick.

Lick.

Hasty fanslations are the best.

Just now, BrightBow said:

You got his axe rank to outgrow his shield rank? Didn't think that was possible.

It happens when you can't make up your mind as to which type you want him to main.

Edited by Reuben

9 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Hey @Spara, perhaps it's asking for too much, but on the off-chance that you did it - Did you save the post-Zephgarus HSoS text anywhere? Like, did you put it on a file or something? I don't expect nor demand it, just curious.

Sadly, no. That would've been a good idea. 

6 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Aggro's spreadsheet lists a four-way support for the "7x great lancer quartet."

Spara.

I just want you to know.

7x is a really weird map. And yes, that's a thing, but you can ignore them if you abuse Mr. Funny Move.

8 minutes ago, Reuben said:

I just want you to know, while I am not being myself, that I thoroughly support your unenjoyment of Berwick Saga, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors, even if you don't like one of my favorite games of all.

Thank you, most saintly Berwickian.

Smol Anime Girl With Cotton In Her Ears

That's fur. She's a fox girl.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Sadly, no. That would've been a good idea. 

Unfortunate, but what can you do. If worse comes to worst, I can ask you to give me a recap of the final events.

Thank you, most saintly Berwickian.

You're very welcome.

That's fur. She's a fox girl.

Cotton.

In the ears.

Well, the 1880's are gonna be mostly researching techs for enacting decisions and the like. While other countries have been doing it already, only I can start to organizing my African holdings into colonies.

uZv7idM.png

Since this is the sort of thing that would become quite complicated depending on how you play, mods don't go all the way. Since, really, Mexican colonies in Africa, how would that had gone? As such, mods like this only allow you to create the canon countries. But since you can do it as even, say... Luxembourg (now that would be a challenge...), it's I guess the compromise between trying to allow for ahistorical stuff and, well, not trying to complicate things too much.

That said, there is a special set of decisions and events in regards to the Congo...

Nqh3P21.png

Why am I not surprised it's Belgium who enacted it first. Any European country could enact it. Anyway, that's the first step and... wait a minute, I already control the entry into the Congo, tsk. Perhaps some sort of conflict may arise due to clashing interests...

Unfortunate, but what can you do. If worse comes to worst, I can ask you to give me a recap of the final events.

Yeah. Hopefully Textractor does end up working properly, though. 

On something not Africa related...

picdsOS.png

With Social Science researched, I can do this. Thus, becoming the second country to give women the right to vote. Yes, second, because Spain beat me to the punch! They enacted this as soon the year began. Enacting this needs stuff like Social Science researched, but also other requirements like national consciousness of at least 4. I long had it over 4, but I'm gonna guess Spain either didn't until now, or they also were researching Social Science and beat me to it. Ah well...

Everyone going on their Fire Emblems or Berwicks or Vestarias... and here I am, also playing strategy, but focusing on Victorian Era (a)historical simulation as I turn Mexico into a superpower...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On something not Africa related...

picdsOS.png

With Social Science researched, I can do this. Thus, becoming the second country to give women the right to vote. Yes, second, because Spain beat me to the punch! They enacted this as soon the year began. Enacting this needs stuff like Social Science researched, but also other requirements like national consciousness of at least 4. I long had it over 4, but I'm gonna guess Spain either didn't until now, or they also were researching Social Science and beat me to it. Ah well...

Does that have any gameplay benefit?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does that have any gameplay benefit?

Depends on what you consider benefit.

It gives a malus to Rich Voting power, while boosting Middle and Poor strata's'. Boost to immigrant attraction. Also a passive monthly reduction to Militancy in non-Colonial states.

All this for the rest of the game. Unless there's somehow a way to get rid of it. Wouldn't know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt