Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

......there’s another one!? 3D World why??? This game is too long... looks like I’ll be dealing with world 🌺 first instead. Pain.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Best I know, the statehood bill isn't subjected to filibuster.

The real killer will be Manchin.

Isn’t subjected to as in they chose not to or..?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

......there’s another one!? 3D World why??? This game is too long... looks like I’ll be dealing with world 🌺 first instead. Pain.

On the one hand, I'm pretty sure you're at the last one.

On the other hand, you have to beat Champion's Road five times in a row to satisfy your completionist needs.

Luck be with you...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t subjected to as in they chose not to or..?

From what I've looked up, Statehood bills don't follow the same procedure as Law bills.

Simply put, there's nothing saying Filibuster applies... but also not applies. Depending on how its ruled by the Office of the Parliamentarian, there may or may not be Filibuster. But as I said, you may still have Manchin voting No and thus no DC Statehood.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

24 minutes ago, Reuben said:

On the one hand, I'm pretty sure you're at the last one.

No, I’m not. This seems to be another world in which the levels don’t give stamps (the previous world didn’t have any as well), and I need nine more stamps for completion and I’ve heard of a secret world crown so I think there’s two more worlds... 3D Land also suffered from this problem of being way too long, but worse so since the levels were easy and boring but the amount of secret worlds doubled the amount of total worlds.

24 minutes ago, Reuben said:

On the other hand, you have to beat Champion's Road five times in a row to satisfy your completionist needs.

Luck be with you...

Ah, thank you! I’ll probably be able to do it. At least, if it’s good hard and not super precise hard like some of the other levels have been. Like that one where you had to jump on canon balls. Not fun imo.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Simply put, there's nothing saying Filibuster applies... but also not applies. Depending on how its ruled by the Office of the Parliamentarian, there may or may not be Filibuster. But as I said, you may still have Manchin voting No and thus no DC Statehood.

Is Manchin not in favor of DC Statehood? Nothing comes up about him and the topic.

Edited by Sooks

@Acacia Sgt CNBC implies that the bill is susceptible to the filibuster (though as the news it’s not like they cited a source or anything).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/house-to-vote-on-dc-statehood-bill-that-faces-long-odds-in-the-senate.html 3rd paragraph. “But it nevertheless faces daunting odds in the Senate, so long as the legislative filibuster remains in place.”

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, I’m not. This seems to be another world in which the levels don’t give stamps (the previous world didn’t have any as well), and I need nine more stamps for completion and I’ve heard of a secret world crown so I think there’s two more world’s... 3D Land also suffered from this problem of being way too long, but worse so since the levels were easy and boring but the amount of secret worlds doubled the amount of total worlds.

Yes, you're right. Flower is the next to last.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is Manchin not in favor of DC Statehood? Nothing comes up about him and the topic.

Hard to say. He's a Democrat senator in a Red State, so one could say he's more into self-preservation. But also they say he's quite borderline. Ultimately, he's the wildcard now that the Senate is gridlocked with 50-50.

@Acacia Sgt CNBC implies that the bill is susceptible to the filibuster (though as the news it’s not like they cited a source or anything).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/house-to-vote-on-dc-statehood-bill-that-faces-long-odds-in-the-senate.html 3rd paragraph. “But it nevertheless faces daunting odds in the Senate, so long as the legislative filibuster remains in place.”

Again, since the Office of the Parliamentarian could rule that Filibuster applies. But it's not guaranteed.

Hence why they say "so long".

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hard to say. He's a Democrat senator in a Red State, so one could say he's more into self-preservation. But also they say he's quite borderline. Ultimately, he's the wildcard now that the Senate is gridlocked with 50-50.

I mean, everyone seems to think that Democrats making Puerto Rico a state guarantees them to vote Democrat so that would only be helping his party. Of course, that’s only if he agrees with the notion, which, eh...

Again, since the Office of the Parliamentarian could rule that Filibuster applies. But it's not guaranteed.

Hence why they say "so long".

But that doesn’t really fit with the wording “remain in place” unless they already have enacted it, and I guess I don’t know when they do that.

I mean, everyone seems to think that Democrats making Puerto Rico a state guarantees them to vote Democrat so that would only be helping his party. Of course, that’s only if he agrees with the notion, which, eh...

But that doesn’t really fit with the wording “remain in place” unless they already have enacted it, and I guess I don’t know when they do that.

Really? Since I've seen people point out PR isn't a Blue as it seems to be. On the other hand, they aren't exactly Red either. Thing is, they're still mostly Conservative, and things like Abortion tend to be deal makers if they go R or D. Even then, even if it helps his party, he might still not do it. There's also the fact... well, I've seen people comment he likes having that wildcard power, as it's basically his word that is the final say on things. More Democrats senators means bye-bye to that.

I mean in the sense should the Filibuster apply. So long it stays in place, if the OoP declares it is subject to Filibuster, then yes, chances are daunting. But since it's not guarantee for Filibuster to apply, then that statement isn't a guarantee yet.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? Since I've seen people point out PR isn't a Blue as it seems to be. On the other hand, they aren't exactly Red either. Thing is, they're still mostly Conservative, and things like Abortion tend to be deal makers if they go R or D.

I agree, but the notion that they’ll vote Democrat because the Democrats gave them what they want is popular, so it’s a possibility that he’ll agree with it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even then, even if it helps his party, he might still not do it. There's also the fact... well, I've seen people comment he likes having that wildcard power, as it's basically his word that is the final say on things. More Democrats senators means bye-bye to that.

Hah, that’s... not a good guy to have in power, actually. Well then. Imagine having to choose between him and a Republican.

Just now, Sooks said:

I agree, but the notion that they’ll vote Democrat because the Democrats gave them what they want is popular, so it’s a possibility that he’ll agree with it.

Hah, that’s... not a good guy to have in power, actually. Well then. Imagine having to choose between him and a Republican.

It's not a guarantee, sadly. Democrats giving them statehood is not a blue-lock.

That's politics as usual.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's not a guarantee, sadly. Democrats giving them statehood is not a blue-lock.

Yep, but my point is that he might agree with it.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yep, but my point is that he might agree with it.

Possibly. He's still a Democract, ultimately. Just, mind the field he's playing at.