• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Second Ridley fight in Super Metroid is kicking my ass.

Mainly because I can't tell where the fuck he is like 90% of the time.

Guess I'll look up where all the Super Missile upgrades are, turns out I've missed pretty much all of them.

Heads up, once you enter the Tourian, the final destination beyond the golden statues demanding you kill the four bosses, you cannot leave. There is a save room down there, although I forget if energy & missile replenishing ones are. You may wish to make a separate save if possible before entering it, in case you find yourself in need of more upgrades.

Activision can go fuck right off.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, okay.

...Dude, make it more obvious when you're memeing.

I mean, I thought it was pretty obvious. And both Shrimpy and Sooks picked up on it immediately.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

4d8N7H7.png

Kaga's sure into some weird stuff

Kaga we need to talk.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heads up, once you enter the Tourian, the final destination beyond the golden statues demanding you kill the four bosses, you cannot leave. There is a save room down there, although I forget if energy & missile replenishing ones are. You may wish to make a separate save if possible before entering it, in case you find yourself in need of more upgrades.

Not sure how I feel about a point of no return in a Metroid game but thanks for letting me know.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Activision can go fuck right off.

SPYRO 4 NOOOOOOOO

Fucking christ Activison wrecking the gaff for ages and now the best bet's being wound down long term.

I concur.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not sure how I feel about a point of no return in a Metroid game but thanks for letting me know.

It might have softlocked me once long ago, although when I ran through the game again later, I felt the final boss was actually quite easy.

If you ever try Fusion, there happens to be a PoNR there too. I believe it's if you reenter any of the computer rooms at the entrance to the Sectors after obtaining the final upgrade, the Screw Attack I think, you will have to go and confront the final boss. Fortunately, the Screw Attack lets you break walls that separate the Sectors, so you can still move between them, to pick up any remaining E Tanks/Power Bombs/Missiles.

Also, as per series tradition in Metroid, when the final boss goes bye, get out before BOOM! If you deviate off the escape path for a moment and go into the room where the first fake Chozo Statue  (Torizo) battle happened, you can save a few nice Zebesian creatures from their demise. This happens to be canon according to Fusion.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have you played Kaga? (Yes, I know you have, it's a rhetorical question) Vestaria is basically Kaga but just throwing ideas at the wall because he's retired and bored. What this means is that there's plenty of batshit insane ideas that are awesome, and also batshit insane ideas that are terrible. It's not a perfect game, and the engine and circumstances under which it was developed make it very rough around the edges, but at its core lies a great strategy game. I would recommend it, yes.

How many of these ideas are good and how many are bad? It can't be 50:50, you know?

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ouch...

Nothing personal.

Hey, hypothetically speaking, how viable do you guys think a diviner Corrin would be? Just been thinking about Conquest today, for no particular reason.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean, I thought it was pretty obvious. And both Shrimpy and Sooks picked up on it immediately.

Well, you need to consider this is Kaga we're talking about. Something like you described wouldn't be so out of place in a game of his. You need to think of my feelings more, man. Why does nobody ever consider my feelings? I'm a sensitive man, you know!

11 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

How many of these ideas are good and how many are bad? It can't be 50:50, you know?

I'd say... maaaaaaaaaaaybe 70:30 for me? Though it's not really a question I can give a clear-cut answer to. These things are very subjective.

12 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Nothing personal.

Well, I mean, I'm not a Kaga fan as much as I'm a Berwick Saga fan, so... Eh. Who knows, really.

Speaking of, have you played Berwick Saga? If not, you should. It's a wonderful game.

+1 Berwick @Maof06

Definetly better than Vestaria imo.

It's not only the most fair of Kaga games, but i think it's the one game he actually got difficulty right (well, most of the time)

It's also super unique

Edited by Shrimperor

Yes, Berwick hardly feels like a Kaga game, to be honest. It's got some oddities, and hitrates at the beginning are bad so you have to be a bit patient (though even then you have ways to increase them, and the game was designed around them, so bear with 'em); but for the most part, it's a fair and engaging experience.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, hypothetically speaking, how viable do you guys think a diviner Corrin would be? Just been thinking about Conquest today, for no particular reason.

+SPD -Luck/DEF at the start, then you use branch of fate to make your Corrin +MAG -DEF/Luck.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

+1 Berwick @Maof06

Definetly better than Vestaria imo.

It's not only the most fair of Kaga games, but i think it's the one game he actually got difficulty right (well, most of the time)

It's also super unique

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I mean, I'm not a Kaga fan as much as I'm a Berwick Saga fan, so... Eh. Who knows, really.

Speaking of, have you played Berwick Saga? If not, you should. It's a wonderful game.

Seems like a cool game, I think I'll give it a shot...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, Berwick hardly feels like a Kaga game, to be honest. It's got some oddities, and hitrates at the beginning are bad so you have to be a bit patient (though even then you have ways to increase them, and the game was designed around them, so bear with 'em); but for the most part, it's a fair and engaging experience.

Nevermind.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Nevermind

I actually used to think like you, but i played the game and the hitrates can really played around using your unit skills...

On the other hand, Weapon durability RNG and capturing being RNG is total bs, yeah xD

Just now, Maof06 said:

+SPD -Luck/DEF at the start, then you use branch of fate to make your Corrin +MAG -DEF/Luck.

...Branch of what?

Just now, Maof06 said:

Seems like a cool game, I think I'll give it a shot...

Yay--

Just now, Maof06 said:

Nevermind.

Aaaand there we go, "hitrates bad" strikes again.

I'm just sayin', it's a great game. Really, really great. Personally, the greatest strategy game I've ever played, but that's just me, of course. And as I said, there's ways to increase your hitrates even early on, and later on it stops mattering as much.

But, well, you do whatever you feel is best. Nobody's forcing you.

everytime i listen to this i see Faye or Dean counter-slicing an enemy boss in my head.

11AS zoom zoom xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"hitrates bad" strikes again.

Many of us (including me) hate FE games with low hitrates. It's one of the main reasons why i utterly despise FE6's existence

But unlike FE6, in Berwick unit skills does allow you to overcome the bad hitrates, and you can really reach ~80hit early game without much trouble until your units get skill points.

You weren't here when Benice was trying to convince me to play Berwick and my reactions were the same as 06 xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On paper I wouldn't think it's the best option, partly because of bad Def and Nohr Noble has access to magic too, but I do have an interesting hypothetical: getting Tomefaire and ending as a Dark Knight (Friendship/Partner for Leo/Nyx, either will do), but you wouldn't do it for the skills aside from Lifetaker (DM skills are alright enough though)

It is a high move option which does have 1-2 range, though it is hurt by being Red locked. Diviner does get you Basara as well, but I'll mention another idea: Picking Monk, as it gets you Onmyoji too but you'll also get Great Master/Priestess as options. I'd say if you're going Onmiyoji consider which you're more likely to use/get skills from of those classes.

Onmyoji Corrin is a maybe, Maof06 has given a good enough boon/bane combo anyway. Staves are also available to B rank, which is pretty useful in Conquest.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Branch of what?

Where you start from the route select.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Many of us (including me) hate FE games with low hitrates. It's one of the main reasons why i utterly despise FE6's existence

But unlike FE6, in Berwick unit skills does allow you to overcome the bad hitrates, and you can really ~80hit early game without much trouble.

Yeah... Perhaps I should've been more thorough in my explanation. Hitrates may be low, but Berwick Saga is no FE6. Unlike FE6, which is just badly made, Berwick Saga is very much designed around the lower hitrates - plus, as you said, there are plenty of ways to achieve reliability even early on. They're really not comparable, those games and Berwick.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You weren't here when Benice was trying to convince me to play Berwick and my reactions were the same as 06 xD

True... Benice only summoned me a bit afterwards to give you advice, hahah.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On paper I wouldn't think it's the best option, partly because of bad Def and Nohr Noble has access to magic too, but I do have an interesting hypothetical: getting Tomefaire and ending as a Dark Knight (Friendship/Partner for Leo/Nyx, either will do), but you wouldn't do it for the skills aside from Lifetaker (DM skills are alright enough though)

It is a high move option which does have 1-2 range, though it is hurt by being Red locked. Diviner does get you Basara as well, but I'll mention another idea: Picking Monk, as it gets you Onmyoji too but you'll also get Great Master/Priestess as options. I'd say if you're going Onmiyoji consider which you're more likely to use/get skills from of those classes.

Onmyoji Corrin is a maybe, Maof06 has given a good enough boon/bane combo anyway. Staves are also available to B rank, which is pretty useful in Conquest.

Right, thank you. Unfortunate that I'm committed to trying out Silvanister when Shrimpy finishes Vestaria 1, because I'm feeling like that second attempt may be in order soon enough.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Where you start from the route select.

Ohhh, I think I get the 2000 IQ play that 06 proposed. If I'm not mistaken, branch of fate just loads the latest chapter 6 save but with a new Corrin, right? So what he's saying is, make a speed-focused Corrin, level them up all the way to chapter 6, then recreate Corrin with a magic boon. Now that is genius.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Branch of what?

2021-04-30_12-07-13.544_top.png.a672bfccab69b086c3a3a722e0fdc45f.png

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaand there we go, "hitrates bad" strikes again.

I'm sorry, man. I'm just allergic to hitrates below 80%. That's why I haven't played BinBla to this day.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Good morning!