• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if Bern is bad, why isn't Etruria? On its own, the change is just baffling lol

I take it because Etruria is no more, unless it survives in some language as the name for the Italian region of Tuscany. Bern is a present-day capital, the Roman Republic killed Etruria.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s worse is that I new like two of these were real.

Oh, I forgot Phoenicias since that's in Tellius. I really shouldn't have. Shame FE didn't actually copy its historical culture.

To be kind and fair to you, most of those locations aren't the most important ones in the world. One would likely only be familiar with Silesia if one was German, Czech or Polish, or if they studied Frederick the Great of Prussia or Maria Theresa of Austria- they fought three wars over the province!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...what?

Why lol

I also want to know why.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

at1E0YOT_o.png

One of these will have to step aside for Ghost of Tsushima in my top 5 favorite games, but which one? Hm...

Maybe Three Houses...

Remove Zelda. Wind Waker is the best Zelda.

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I love the brutal honesty of this response.

Ahahah... Well, what can I say. It came from the heart. All too often I spend three paragraphs to say something that three words can convey just as well.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thank you for helping with my Spanish studies

Ah yes, the most important lesson. How to swear in Spanish.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s worse is that I knew like two of these were real.

That's what you get for being American.

...Pfft okay no, I'm not much better off myself. To be fair, though, like half of them are cities that you really have no reason to know if you don't live in their respective countries... or you googled the Fire Emblem place and ran into the bit of trivia.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The most random thing, but it's golden.

I have no idea who Terry Crews is, but I support his message.

...Well, actually, I don't really. I mean, it'd be nice to get an official localization of Mother 3, but I don't get why people are so passionate about it. The fanslation is superb and has existed for many years. What's the point, at this point?

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I also want to know why.

One of the translators had an ex called Fodlan?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tyXo2kW.png

ya know, for someone i used in about 4 maps, he is pretty damn strong isn't he?

Tell me that. I started to use him like halfway through the game after I realized he wasn't really edgy, just a dork. He still managed to catch up relatively quick.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, actually, I don't really. I mean, it'd be nice to get an official localization of Mother 3, but I don't get why people are so passionate about it. The fanslation is superb and has existed for many years. What's the point, at this point?

A fan translation and the need for a ROM bears the taint of illegitimacy one could speculate. Nintendo is a big company, it can afford to localize the game. This isn't a minor 3rd party title, nor is it plagued by the licensing issues of Super Robot Wars, the possibility of a legitimate release is higher than 0%. The hope has been helped in recent years by Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings being officially released, and FE1 adds more fuel to fire I'd think.

Now, the chances of Nintendo using the fan translation if they bothered to release it aboard. None. Or so I think. Nintendo will not take a crown from out of an excrement-filled gutter, it'd rather translate the game itself than take a complete translation from a bunch of outlaws it chooses not to punish.

Personally, I played through Earthbound, it was in ways dated and little bluntly difficult, but mostly fine. Yet, Mother 3 interests me not, the hype around it has convinced me it stands not a chance in fourteen hells of being matched by the reality. And supposedly, Japan isn't obsessed with Mother the way the Western cult is, and actually prefers Mother 1 to Mother 3, which has almost absolutely nothing to do with Mother 1 & 2.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>no Dandelion

Aye, 'tis what happens if you get Silken Merida. 

Of course Paladin Merida could still reach 10 movement with the Movement Potion. Silken Knight Merida has no use for it since her 10 move base is also her cap.

There is also that whole Light Cavalry thing, but she won't get much use out of it for the reminder of the game.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A fan translation and the need for a ROM bears the taint of illegitimacy one could speculate. Nintendo is a big company, it can afford to localize the game. This isn't a minor 3rd party title, nor is it plagued by the licensing issues of Super Robot Wars, the possibility of a legitimate release is higher than 0%. The hope has been helped in recent years by Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings being officially released, and FE1 adds more fuel to fire I'd think.

People will latch on to anything. As for "the taint of illegitimacy", well, I suppose I understand the concern. Even if I personally don't find it to be such a grave sin to steal a few games from a multimillionaire, multinational corporation that makes more millions than any of their fanbase will ever see in their entire lives. Games that they aren't even selling anymore, don't forget.

Now, the chances of Nintendo using the fan translation if they bothered to release it aboard. None. Or so I think. Nintendo will not take a crown from out of an excrement-filled gutter, it'd rather translate the game itself than take a complete translation from a bunch of outlaws it chooses not to punish.

"Bunch of outlaws it chooses not to punish" and "excrement-filled gutter" are interesting descriptions for a group of people doing Nintendo's job for them for free.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's truly what they think of them. Nintendo are horrible.

Personally, I played through Earthbound, it was in ways dated and little bluntly difficult, but mostly fine. Yet, Mother 3 interests me not, the hype around it has convinced me it stands not a chance in fourteen hells of being matched by the reality. And supposedly, Japan isn't obsessed with Mother the way the Western cult is, and actually prefers Mother 1 to Mother 3, which has almost absolutely nothing to do with Mother 1 & 2.

I enjoyed Mother 3. For a while I would've called it my favorite RPG, but that isn't saying much, considering it's far from my favorite genre, and at this point I doubt anything will be able to take the title from Omori.

In any case, I like Mother 3. I do think it is a pretty damn great story and fun gameplay for a RPG standards. That being said... yeah, people are way obsessed with it. The mystique of Nintendo's neglect, perhaps. I do think there's some merit to it, but it's never good to hype something so much. That's how you get disappointed. Like me with a certain title in a series called something along the lines of Hot Brooch.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i'd rather have

dneFHT0.png

tyvm xD

Okay, that's just not fair. My Merida was never this good. She was good, mind, but... This is insane!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, that's just not fair. My Merida was never this good. She was good, mind, but... This is insane!

she and

PkiGel2.png

have definetly been the MVPs

Bonus: Pink Axe lady

e9VoPx0.png

Edited by Shrimperor

I went back to Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and thought about it. And you know what?

Screenshot_3050.png?width=772&height=432

It belongs here.

Slowly but surely, i'm building my definitive top 10 favorite games of all time list until an 11th game gets a 10/10 score

And so far, it seems a majority of this list are sequels. The only games here that are standalone are CrossCode and Kid Icarus: Uprising (let's be real, Uprising is completely it's own beast compared to the other two Kid Icarus games).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In Spanish. In Spain at least, it is one of the most common swears you'll hear, right up there with the Spanish equivalents of "shit" and "fuck."

That's definitely a Spain thing because i can't recall ostia ever being a swear in Spanish.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

at1E0YOT_o.png

One of these will have to step aside for Ghost of Tsushima in my top 5 favorite games, but which one? Hm...

Maybe Three Houses...

Just make a List like i did.

Unless Tsushima is actually in your top 5.

23 minutes ago, Spara said:

Screenshot_880.png

Holy hell, that move stat.

Oh i didn't realize she'd get a completely different portrait if you let her get kidnapped.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Majora’s Mask > other Zeldas

TRUE!

I wanna replay that to see if it's worthy of entering The Masterpiece Club. Problem is, i sold the 3DS version years ago and i actually prefer that version over the N64 original (both are still based tho) and i doubt i have a chance with Citra.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oG37WYj.png

😞

I do remember this detail tho from the so often shared map xD

Oh yeah, somehow the cavalry decides they need to respect the carpet.