Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is unfortunate, but at least the rest of it is playing better (hopefully). I will probably end up grabbing Yakuza 0 on the sale, but it might be a bit before I get around to playing it...

Well, Rush is a joy to use.

...Is Mahjong hard to grasp, or am I dumb?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I think you can return, within limitations, but not gift. But I am not 100% certain.

7 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Is it possible to give Steam games from the library to other people?

I have Yakuza 0 which doesn't run on my laptop (crashes after a certain cutscene), so I could give it away.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can, barring some shenanigans involving getting a refund for the game and using the funds to gift a game to a friend, but that would require you to fulfill the refund requirements (which seems unlikely), and if you can get a refund you might as well use it to buy a game for yourself...

Then I'll keep it.

Sometime I will have to upgrade my system anyways.

Edit: Stream's support is utter trash. I remember buying SRPG Studio as gift for someone by accident. Contacted Steam to get a refund after agreement of the recipient to remove it from their library and haven't received an answer until today.

Anyways going to start Persona, so jambuhbye!

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Everybody's suggestions, just going to respond in spoilers:

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga trilogy (but feel free to simply watch the cutscenes for Episode II, the gameplay is dogshit in that one).

That's it, the only other PS2 game I've played so far is Berwick and I just didn't vibe with it.

Why is Ep. II so terrible?

Reading the last part, it feels a little weird just how old I am as someone who played it when it was current. I also don't have much in the way of RPG experience on it, being that I only had FFX (I should try to again) and XII (Do not like the combat.)

7 hours ago, Maof06 said:

All of the Silent Hill games.

Ah nightmares, that sounds like fun /s

And do you mean all of them?

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The Sly Cooper games.

Have the original on PS2, played the trilogy port to completion.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

MGS isn't PS2? Dang.

MGS is a series I sorta wanna get into, but I think I spoiled myself on the whole thing.

2 and 3 are, I know 1 and 3 possibly have better ports elsewhere and with the likelihood of 7th gen emulation coming closer there's also the posts from that period too. I'd have to look at that (Funnily I do have MGS4. Just 4. Maybe there's a downloaded version of others, I'd have to check.)

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Persona 3 FES, and We ❤️ Katamari, if you haven't played the remasters of these games, then I would also suggest: Katamari Damacy, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders, Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner, or MGS3:Snake Eater

So both are the definitive versions? I was about to ask if that Katamari was rereleased as I got Rerolled on Switch but apparently not, I can get a hold on ICO and SotC remasters, ZotE and Snake Eater's Snake Eater (I find it funny someone said 3DS is a definitive port because it's being ran on a console whose controls weren't great for it from personal experience (demo).

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you don't mind SMT, well, Nocturne is getting HD Remastered, but Atlus hasn't said anything about Digital Devil Saga yet. The Digital Devil Saga duology isn't too bad, if unfortunately rushed towards the end of DDS2 due to the writer catching illness during development apparently.

The Super Robot Taisen/Wars Original Generations 1&2 bundle might not be the worse point for trying the franchise if official anime mecha is a turn-off/overwhelming b/c you haven't watched a single episode of that stuff. All the pilots and robots are Banpresto originals, so there is no need at all to watch any of fifteen different anime and or anime subsidies.

SMTDDS: I've heard it is quite the gritty title but not much more about it. I don't mind so much as I don't have much of a reference on SMT generally.

Well, SRW is certainly something that you emulate in most scenarios that's for sure. As for experience, let me put it like this, I think the one time I've watched something that was in it to completion was that time they had the Bebop in a title. Yeah, from what I've heard it's not too much of a barrier thoug.

I should check on the stuff I planted, see if things start taking root.

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

if you played it for less than 2 hours and owned it for less than 2 weeks you can refund it!

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

0GL1JPn.png

Reveal hidden contents

gOw62Ds.png

bruh

Ayyy well done Shrimpy! Now I just gotta beat up Nanomachines and then I can get started. I see you began ahead of me... Well, can't blame ya, I tend to oversleep on saturdays.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

+Mag/-Luck Corrin would probably work with it. You would probably want to build up a core of magic users to get the most out of the magic rally, like using Elise, Ophelia, Leo, Odin, possibly even Felicia and Nyx. Even if you don't invest too heavy in the playable mages, you probably still want to play Ophelia's paralogue for the loot available in it, as you can get a spirit dust, an early lightning (C rank 1 might brave tome that adds a -2 debuff to magic and skill on the user after use), Horse Spirit (D rank, 4 might tome that grants +3 skill, speed, defense, and resistance when equipped), and Calamity Gate (C rank 7 might tome, reverses and doubles weapon triangle, also +1 speed and defense when equipped).

Thanks for the suggestion. 06 suggested a 4D chess strat with Breach of Fate, and then I found out that witches are a thing in this game, so I'll probably do that when I next play Conquest.

...Again with Ophelia's paralogue, though?

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ophelia is best mage of Fates... plus the amazing loot for whatever mages you are using is the real draw (see above...)

So what you're saying is, best unit, shit design and lame personality.

Yeah, I think I'll grab Senno and leave it at that, thank you very much. At least Nyx is a decent character by Fates standards.

The loot really does seem awesome though. When I played Conquest I was so envious of the enemy mages getting all the cool spells in the form of scrolls.

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I have Yakuza 0 which doesn't run on my laptop (crashes after a certain cutscene), so I could give it away.

If you've played less than 2 hours and have owned the game for less than 15 days, you can request a refund. I've done it several times in the past and it has almost always come through. Heck, a couple of times I exceeded the time limit by like half an hour and they still granted me the refund. Try that. If "It wasn't what I expected" is a valid reason for refund, "I literally can't play" sure as hell will be.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I see you began ahead of me...

not really

just doing another vibe check and checking tl

still gotta write my thoughts first on VS1 xD

How to write a tragic villain:

- Give them a sad backstory, like he lost his entire family or something and that's why they do the things they do.

- Give them understandable motivations, even if they go about it in the wrong ways, to make the players doubt themselves about the villain.

- Make them a reluctant villain that cannot stand down due to personal circumstances that are beyond the hero.

- Make him get excited for about 5 seconds when he thinks he's actually gotten through to Raiden but it turns out he was just pretending so he'd stop stomping on his ribcage.

Truly Armstrong is the saddest of bad guys. Seriously, he looked so genuinely happy. How could you, Jack?

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not really

just doing another vibe check and checking tl

still gotta write my thoughts first on VS1 xD

Ahh, all right.

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

if you played it for less than 2 hours and owned it for less than 2 weeks you can refund it!

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you've played less than 2 hours and have owned the game for less than 15 days, you can request a refund. I've done it several times in the past and it has almost always come through. Heck, a couple of times I exceeded the time limit by like half an hour and they still granted me the refund. Try that. If "It wasn't what I expected" is a valid reason for refund, "I literally can't play" sure as hell will be.

This happened when I bought the SRPG Studio as gift for someone else accidently.

I wrote a message to Steam at once and I never got a reply, much less a refund.

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I wrote a message to Steam

no, don'T write a message, they rarely respond to that.

You should do it via the refund menu

5 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

This happened when I bought the SRPG Studio as gift for someone else accidently.

I wrote a message to Steam at once and I never got a reply, much less a refund.

Yes, as shrimpy said, you need to use the proper refund option. Follow these instructions.

19 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I looked back at my e-mails - I have sent an official quest for refund to Steam, even twice.

Chwu8f5.png?1

As said before without getting a reply.

Well, that's really odd. I've followed the steps in the guide I sent you before and I've gotten like 3 or 4 refunds, no problem.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truly Armstrong is the saddest of bad guys. Seriously, he looked so genuinely happy. How could you, Jack?

Jack the Ripper rips out people's hearts, that's just how he do.

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...The Teehee swallows another victim.

Teehee is inevitable:

9h2qxni3lpm51.png

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

So both are the definitive versions?

For Persona 3? Honestly its debatable, and while I generally prefer P3P, I have enjoyed both versions, and I know that is just a personal preference. P3FES is certainly the best visually, no question there. The combat of P3P was updated to fit with P4 (which is generally seen as an improvement), but also gutted the exhaustion system which takes away from the experience I find (admittedly the system is a bit annoying until you have more than a full party). You might want to look up the patch that lets you control your party members, as many people find that a massive detractor from the P3FES version. P3FES also has The Answer attached to it, a bonus section of the game acting as an epilogue, and fleshes out some details in the story, although P3P instead has the Female MC option, and a little bit of extra challenges and content in the ending.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Jack the Ripper rips out people's hearts, that's just how he do.

He went too far there, though. Armstrong looked so sad for a second.

...You know, before he started curbstomping Raiden again.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Teehee is inevitable:

9h2qxni3lpm51.png

I hate that I know who this is

Of all the references to get

Goddamnit, I'm a filthy weeb after all...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate that I know who this is

Of all the references to get

You know more than me then.

I'm also surprised you didn't try to recommend Berwick when I asked for suggestions for PS2 games.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Why is Ep. II so terrible?

The game is simply slow, as far as gameplay goes. Battles take long, attack animations take long, battles are very repetitive and can only be played one way due to their stock and break system. 

Edit: i forgot this one, but if you aren't using the elemental imbuing ether spells, you are going to be there for quite a while trying to win generic battles. (this is an issue right at the beginning even).

Edited by lightcosmo

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You know more than me then.

Blame Youtube recommendations. They have tainted me.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm also surprised you didn't try to recommend Berwick when I asked for suggestions for PS2 games.

Pretty sure I was asleep when you did ask, either that or I missed it.

Anyway, there's no need for me to recommend Berwick to you again. You were there the entire Berwick LP. The Berwick LP in itself was one big advertisement for Berwick Saga, considering I spent the whole time fanboying over it.

So yeah, play Berwick Saga.