Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why is Ep. II so terrible?

It's so slow and everything takes 10,000 years to die, even when playing optimally.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

if you played it for less than 2 hours and owned it for less than 2 weeks you can refund it!

That's the guarantee but there are exceptions if you've gone over the limit.

Of course, if you've owned it for months, then you probably won't be able to get a refund.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So what you're saying is, best unit, shit design and lame personality.

I will not tolerate Ophelia slander on the TL.

Well ok, her design does kinda suck but that goes for all female dark mages in Fates.

But i will not tolerate Ophelia slander on the TL.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate that I know who this is

Of all the references to get

Goddamnit, I'm a filthy weeb after all...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Athol was taking a stroll through the country in Auto-scroll simulator or just sat on the bench while everyone was fighting for her Kingdom. Like execuse me, what?

So there really was no reason then? You said it was because Zade told her to stay outside but like, that's it? There's literally no reason why she was literally benched for the final map?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another game that is undeservedly put below the piece of garbage that is Three Houses. Hmph...

Wdym? 7/10 is a generous score for Vestaria.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Avoid the NES original Metroid and Metroid II: Return of Samus. Of these, MRoS has aged relatively better, but still not very good. I've played both, the first to varying states of incompletion, the latter to completion. I'd say the first Metroid is worse than playing FE1. Why? Because at least with FE1, Marth won't get lost trying to find Ridley and then try to find their way back. The first two Metroids don't have a map 😨, and the original uses a password system instead of save points. It bad. 

Yeah, i figured it'd be like this. Aged Metroid doesn't sound like it'd be a fun time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Metroid Fusion is the other 2D Metroid offering, and it's good. Some complain it's too linear for a Metroid, and thus prefer the subsequent Zero Mission. Although Fusion does have better bosses in its favor vs. ZM. I think the games are about equal actually. They and Samus Returns compare favorably enough to Super Metroid.
  • The Metroid Prime subseries is a whole 'nother beast. It is first-person perspective, but some people prefer to call it a first-person adventure instead of shooter, because they aren't like your standard FPS. To like 2D Metroid and not gel with 3D Metroid is totally fine.
    • Metroid Prime 1 is basically taking the spirit of Super Metroid and adapting it to 3D. I played up beating to Flaahgra in this, which is the end of the "earlygame", so to speak. Thats as far as my MP experience goes.
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is a little more independent, but more of the same with a light-dark gimmick. More and better bosses than the first MP, and the narrative is more present, not merely background logbook scans.
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is notably more linear and normal FPS-like in the overall experience.

These are the ones i'm thinking about tackling next at a later time, although i don't know if i wanna do Fusion first or Prime first. Most of the Metroid series is on the Wii U eShop, including the Prime trilogy collection for $20, so i have my options.

The only thing i'm kinda wary about Prime is that i hate aiming with motion controls. I'm fine with it in stuff like Mario Galaxy but that's because you don't need to aim all the time there.

I do know the first two Prime games are on GameCube as well but Prime 3 is Wii, right?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

0sThPoa.png

How i will play VS2, and how i basically played Thracia haha

I'm not even gonna lie, now that i'm seeing how it works visually.......this genuinely looks like a horrible way to play any game. 

I don't know how you guys do it. It seems so uncomfortable to play like this.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So they made the combat system tedious. Unfortunate

Calling it tedious is being generous tbh.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You said it was because Zade told her to stay outside but like, that's it? There's literally no reason why she was literally benched for the final map?

yeah, because the castle was dangerous, was the reason.

While outside assassins were coming after her every turn hahaha.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Back then i really really wanted to play Thracia, and i got used to it pretty fast xD

Well, i also changed the layout abit now

p3HsqEM.png

seems a bit better

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

0sThPoa.png

How i will play VS2, and how i basically played Thracia back then haha

I think I'll get started too, I'm kinda tired of trying Armstrong again and again. Another day.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Any other recommendations now that I'm thinking about it?

Not really. The only other PS2 game I've ever played is Revenge of the Sith. That one's fun, you can kill Obi Wan as Anakin. But not much else, really.

I will not tolerate Ophelia slander on the TL.

Well ok, her design does kinda suck but that goes for all female dark mages in Fates.

But i will not tolerate Ophelia slander on the TL.

I like how you get mad and then concede the point.

Clearly the take-away here is that I should just use Nyx again. Just to piss off the thread, since she seems to have no fans here.

(Also, TL?)

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, I'm gonna play it like I played Sword of Heaven and Earth, an untranslated Japanese hack of FE7. I'll just play it regularly and learn the menus. It worked back then, no reason it can't work now.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate that I know who this is

Of all the references to get

Goddamnit, I'm a filthy weeb after all...

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm kinda tired of trying Armstrong again and again.

he can be a pain yeah, especially with his insta kill attacks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He's gonna kill off Nagi in the next chapter too. By accident or on purpose.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, because the castle was dangerous, was the reason.

"The castle is dangerous" Zade says as if the entire journey up until this point wasn't dangerous.

Hey Zade, Ahtol would've been a lot safer if she went along with you guys instead of staying outside.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Back then i really really wanted to play Thracia, and i got used to it pretty fast xD

Well, i also changed the layout abit now

p3HsqEM.png

seems a bit better

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I'm gonna play it like I played Sword of Heaven and Earth, an untranslated Japanese hack of FE7. I'll just play it regularly and learn the menus. It worked back then, no reason it can't work now.

Idk man, it just feels wrong to play like this.

I'd much rather just wait until the game itself is translated.

The only other PS2 game I've ever played is Revenge of the Sith. That one's fun, you can kill Obi Wan as Anakin. But not much else, really.

Oh yeah, that's the one with the alt ending you can get. Not only does Anakin kill Obi-Wan but he also kills Palpatine and becomes emperor himself.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(Also, TL?)

Timeline.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

wait, if i understood the Bandits right, a Duke of Meldea wants Zade dead????

"Duke" is a bit of a misnomer there, since it's specified with a "the." I think the proper text would be "the Regent of Meleda."

Just now, Spara said:
  Hide contents

"Duke" is a bit of a misnomer there, since it's specified with a "the." I think the proper text would be "the Regent of Meleda."

Spoiler

...so Zech....

If that's even him?

Oh well, seems like the princess will need saving again...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Spara ...There's no global enemy range option in HSoS? Because if that's the case, that would make any maps with those vanish assassins super annoying

There're at most 1 or 2 in the whole game.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Clearly the take-away here is that I should just use Nyx again. Just to piss off the thread, since she seems to have no fans here.

raises hand

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how you get mad and then concede the point.

(Also, TL?)

Wait you used Nyx? I don’t remember that.

12 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

No...!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd much rather just wait until the game itself is translated.

See, here's the problem: I have no hope of this game ever being traslated. None. The chances of Vestaria 1 having sold well enough for Dangen to decide it's worth the investment are extremely slim, because Vestaria 1 is almost completely unknown, and among the few who did know of it, many were dissuaded by the price tag.

So I'd rather experience it badly than never experience it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so @Saint Rubenio ready?

Yeah, let's go. I've been doing some playtesting, and this is... more inconvenient than I thought, but I'll bear with it, for now at least.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

raises hand

Ayyyy!

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait you used Nyx? I don’t remember that.

I did, and she was better than Odin ever would've been. My team had a few weak links, but she was not one of them.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The chances of Vestaria 1 having sold well enough for Dangen to decide it's worth the investment are extremely slim, because Vestaria 1 is almost completely unknown

Actually it sold between 20k and 50k, and they said somewhere they are waiting for the project Vestaria team to respond or something.

But considering how long it took them to translate VS1...

Edited by Shrimperor

I did, and she was better than Odin ever would've been. My team had a few weak links, but she was not one of them.

Odin is good once every 10 play throughs so that’s unsurprising.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, let's go. I've been doing some playtesting, and this is... more inconvenient than I thought, but I'll bear with it, for now at least.

If you want to make it slightly less inconvenient, you could do what I did and write down the necessary katakana for menu commands and stuff. Helped me memorize the menus, and de-cluttered my screen.

It'll also help you identify new commands, like Capture, once they're relevant.

Edited by Spara

Fuck, Asuram died.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Actually it sold between 20k and 50k, and they said somewhere they are waiting for the project Vestaria team to respond or something.

Ah.

...Still, that's gonna take so long...

Okay, so... I blindly picked an option after inspecting some bones, and a skeleton lady came out of the ground and slept Zade. Also, she doubles him, so... Whoops.

Hey, what's the option to activate the "load" command? At least there was one such option in VS1. I'd really like to stop Alt+F4ing every time I want to load...

Hey, what's the option to activate the "load" command? At least there was one such option in VS1. I'd really like to stop Alt+F4ing every time I want to load...

It's in the settings, idr exactly where. I'll check my settings to see.

Edited by Spara

LMAO Russia banned isekai manga and anime on the basis that "isekai promotes reincarnation belief that life after death is more exciting than current one".

One of the titles banned is Zombieland Saga which isn't even isekai lol.

Of course, the ban itself is worthless, it makes the US liquor ban of the 20s look effective.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

many were dissuaded by the price tag.

It's......it's only $20.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think part of the reason it took so long is because the only people profiting are the translators.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so... I blindly picked an option after inspecting some bones, and a skeleton lady came out of the ground and slept Zade. Also, she doubles him, so... Whoops.

zN5jXuc.png

here's how my option screen looks like aside from the first 4 options

It's......it's only $20.

Yes.

I know.

I think part of the reason it took so long is because the only people profiting are the translators.

Yeah, the original was free. Only reason it's paid at all overseas is to cover the costs of the translation. Of course, Dangen's history is... colorful, so who knows.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

zN5jXuc.png

here's how my option screen looks like aside from the first 4 options

Thanks. That did summon the loading option, at least... Though, also auto end turns. Stinky.

Edited by Saint Rubenio