Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's why I hesitate to ever recommend them.

Yeah, same here. Jury's out on Namco x Capcom right now but the Baten Kaitos duology are like the two Monolith Soft games I don't know if I can actually recommend.

And yeah, the Origins trio is so good but if the combat don't click, then I don't know if other people would be willing to turn on cheats like I did. And it'd be very understandable if they don't.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

after XS I&II is done that is. That'll never happen.

Son_of_Godzilla_Minilla.jpg

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Absolute man of culture.

Aether.png.6aa8995f271f18fe854c2ba1bfced61d.png

Morgan looks older than this version of Robin.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, same here. Jury's out on Namco x Capcom right now but the Baten Kaitos duology are like the two Monolith Soft games I don't know if I can actually recommend.

So that means Xenosaga II is a green light, then!? Excellent, I see you've finally surrendered your soul Armagon! Xd

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And he knows it. Just look at that face. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That expression says "I am done with everything."

My emotional state at that time in my life.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Awakening moment.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Project X Zone 2 has her and Metal Face flirting with each other so at least something good came out of it.

I need to see this.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So that means Xenosaga II is a green light, then!? Excellent, I see you've finally surrendered your soul Armagon! Xd

IMG_-8zn8fu.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

While I am somewhat annoyed that T-elos being evil KOS-MOS is enough to make her the only other XS character that appears in crossovers, Project X Zone 2 has her and Metal Face flirting with each other so at least something good came out of it.

For a short time, they were considering MOMO as another XS crossover standard. She got into NxC like Shion, the warrior-programmer and synthetic human with magical girl powers fight as one unit as I'm aware.

And then MOMO appears in Endless Frontier Exceed as a support character in gameplay (think solo unit in Project X Zone), who can be assigned to anyone. She gets a speaking role in the story sometimes, and she also pops into KOS-MOS's second Special skill- Star Action, which is the last obtained and most expensive one in the game. It applies Valor- 50% damage increase at the cost of no critical hits- and 50 COM replenishment to the four active characters, at the severe cost of 80% of the Frontier Gauge. I didn't think this sweet innocent little girl be so encouraging of violence. With the two android ladies and MOMO, I know this sounds weird, but it kinda felt as though MOMO was the daughter of two lesbians, loosely speaking.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Also bummer, no one commented on me slaughtering over a hundred thousand soldiers with just fifty-four thousand...

I finally got around to watching Spider-Man Homecoming. It was quite good, despite some flaws (this was the most “why on Earth did characters do x instead of y?” movie I have ever seen lol) I think I could recommend it.

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Absolute man of culture.

Aether.png.6aa8995f271f18fe854c2ba1bfced61d.png

This gets the Sooks seal of approval.

And that avatar is wonderful.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also bummer, no one commented on me slaughtering over a hundred thousand soldiers with just fifty-four thousand...

Congrats! You put those Fire Emblem skills to use. Or maybe SRW.

Screenshot_3065.png

Current game rotation.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-

Persona 5 Strikers is pretty much the expected hack and slash. Tons of button combos I have to learn memorizing. For now I mainly press any buttons randomly. Aside of that this game is fun. The dungeon exploration is similar to the regular game, Joker just has a bit more moves like making bigger jumps. Was a bit surprised that lots of soundtracks from the original game are reused. It's definitely not a bad thing considering how great its OST is. Bond system looks interesting, but I have seen something like that in Nights of Azure 2 already in which it's up to the player whom to give which skills. I'm sure if I have mastered the controls, the game will be really fun.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3065.png

I recognize one of three. That's 90%, isn't it? 90% is an A!

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

By the by, what has everyone been up to during my absence? I realize I forgot to ask!
I did notice the stupidly OP Panne In Rubenio's signature,

As Sooks told you, I went ahead and played the titles in the series that I had yet to play. I enjoyed Conquest quite a bit, but a combination of an unfortunate team composition, massively screwed Corrin and the lategame difficulty spike prevented me from finishing. Still, I intend to go for round 2 soon.

As for Awakening, don't listen to Sooks, I loved it. I think it may be the worst FE I have ever played. And yet, it was not the least fun FE. It was so absurdly easy that by chapter 11 I just started speedrunning it out of the blue. Then Panne randomly got OP and it was over. Panne solo'd half the game in a day, literally everyone else except Gregor and Flavia died, and I laughed all the way through it. It was quite the experience. If you want, I can direct you to my final thoughts about it.

Oh, and I think since you left I had time to replay Berwick Saga twice. Still the best game ever!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As Sooks told you, I went ahead and played the titles in the series that I had yet to play. I enjoyed Conquest quite a bit, but a combination of an unfortunate team composition, massively screwed Corrin and the lategame difficulty spike prevented me from finishing. Still, I intend to go for round 2 soon.

You forgot to mention that I'm ransoming you

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You forgot to mention that I'm ransoming you

You're ransoming everyone, Benice.

Unless you mean something other than Yakuza.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You're ransoming everyone, Benice.

Shhh...

Speaking of, I can confirm that it is not merely a button-masher.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.
286EC793-5B94-40AD-92A5-933CA4BDB9E1.jpeg.940ae40712661af7116e4b7b96a5b17c.jpeg

Edited by Wraith

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, Caeda claims that Elice let herself be captured to buy her time to escape, much like in the first war she did the same to ensure Marth could flee. Elice is too selfless for her own good.

And the OVA depicts it.

Should there be a call for the OVA to be done in full?

I would not call Elice's capture a bad example, though it is unfortunate she's sidelined for 23 chapters and she's unpromoted when she returns..

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I have returned.

Huzzah!

Good to see you again.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SFD6sVh.png

123,615 to be exact, heh.

A damm shame the furniture empire went to war against planes, no wonder it got removed from existence.

Morning, everyone!

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

It is! Well... at least I think so. I can show you some of what I have if you're interested!

Sure thing! I'd be happy to see some!

Yeah, i am! Xd

Nice! ^^

Well, to be accurate, I have Milla, Jude, Leia, Elise, Gaius, and that's it so far. After that grind I needed a break from the game.

Haha, understandable! But awesome! Those four plus Muzét are probably my favorites across the Xillia games!

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes

I rated it 3/10. And i was being generous

The current Anime is going through the best arc before it all goes down xD

Oh boy! XD
Can't wait for the inevitable outcry, then, once the anime catches up!
Get the popcorn ready! XD

Btw, did you see the Tales of Arise trailers?

I have not! I have been busy working on my backlog, and thus had no time to notice, haha!

Also some Fate memes from yours truely xD

XD
Very nice!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I popped off hard when they got announced. I had pretty much given up hope by then but they came through.

I'm happy for you! ^^

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

If you ever play Baten Kaitos, get the undub patch for Eternal Wings. The English voice acting in that game is very bad. Origins improves on it drastically.

Will do! Thank you for the heads-up!

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Yes, I sold my soul to Majima.  Now that you're back, I will be forcing you to become an acolyte as well

I heard that series is pretty fun, so I might! There is some stuff in my backlog that I would like to finish first, and some newer games I have my eyes on, but after that, I see no reason why I shouldn't at least look at one of the games!

..Aside from that, I finished off my HHM ironman! I had a 6% survival rate!

Congratulations! Still more than my own attempt at an Eliwood Hard Mode Iron Man. XD

I'm also working on making my own game in SRPG studio, but...Well, it's got a long way to go.

Oh nice! Good luck with that one! Not sure if I'll be able to play it, considering Linux, but I can definitely try!

I'm also quite over the moon, 'cause I've really been missing you.

Thank you! ^^

I promised to play Nights of Azure as well, so that's a thing. I was gonna pick it up when it was on sale, but I chose not to, 'cause I heard that the PC port isn't as fantastic as the PS4 ver., so I'll wait 'till I get a PS4. Someday.

PoaP4gP.jpg

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Allow me to warn you the Baten Kaitos combat is unusual with the card (Magnus) system. It isn't for everyone, and it wasn't perfect on the first attempt, or the second attempt which opted to overhaul instead of refine what was already there. It's why I hesitate to ever recommend them.

I see! Thanks for the warning! If I do play them, I'll definitely keep this in mind!

One of the best scenes in the game. To think you could "convince" One Who Heralds the Arrival of the End of the World like that.😆 I'd like to see Fumi try to "persuade" Pale Rider.

Absolutely. XD
And it was quite satisfying, too, after Trumpeter gave me so much trouble in Apocalypse. And it was even more satisfying to be able to fuse him after the fight against Benetnasch. The Fiend's race skill definitely saved my hide on more than one occasion. Just a shame about his low MP pool, though Drain helped alleviate this somewhat, as well as the "only use half MP" property of the Deity's race skill.

As a random aside, I'm not sure if you left at when I noticed it, but I stumbled on some Luminous Arc 3 videos on YouTube posted in recent months. Someone -apparently not of the highest understanding of Japanese according to the vid comments they themselves have posted- has been working on an English translation for the game. It may be possible that the fan translation is complete before the year is over.

I don't need the translation to be of the highest quality for me to play it. As long as it's good enough to make me smile and occasionally laugh -and the English isn't "funny" simply because it's horrendously broken and unnatural- I'll be good. I need to play the game, because part of me has been wanting to since ~2009.

Oh nice! I still want to play Luminous Arc, too, just because it is related to Stella Glow, so this is good news!

And same, honestly. I don't need a perfect translation, just one that helps me understand the story and what each gameplay aspect even does.

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Persona 5 Strikers is pretty much the expected hack and slash. Tons of button combos I have to learn memorizing. For now I mainly press any buttons randomly. Aside of that this game is fun. The dungeon exploration is similar to the regular game, Joker just has a bit more moves like making bigger jumps. Was a bit surprised that lots of soundtracks from the original game are reused. It's definitely not a bad thing considering how great its OST is. Bond system looks interesting, but I have seen something like that in Nights of Azure 2 already in which it's up to the player whom to give which skills. I'm sure if I have mastered the controls, the game will be really fun.

Ah, awesome! I have been wanting to play this myself, as well! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

And hearing that it is similar to Nights of Azure 2 in one aspect makes that want even stronger, considering just how much I love that game!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy! If you do, best of luck!
If one thing has not changed during the time I was absent, it is my personal distaste for Conquest. I still can't shake the memory that it almost single-handedly killed all interest in Fire Emblem I had.

As for Awakening, don't listen to Sooks, I loved it. I think it may be the worst FE I have ever played. And yet, it was not the least fun FE. It was so absurdly easy that by chapter 11 I just started speedrunning it out of the blue. Then Panne randomly got OP and it was over. Panne solo'd half the game in a day, literally everyone else except Gregor and Flavia died, and I laughed all the way through it. It was quite the experience. If you want, I can direct you to my final thoughts about it.

Wow, now I regret being absent for this, because that sounds absolutely hilarious! XD
So your opinion on Awakening can be summed up as "so bad, it's good". I'd happily see your final thoughts on it!

Oh, and I think since you left I had time to replay Berwick Saga twice. Still the best game ever!

Very nice! Glad to see your love for it is still intact! ^^

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Huzzah!

Good to see you again.

Thank you! Same to you! ^^

---

Something else I finally got around to during my absence is... playing Persona 3 Portable.
Storywise, the best Persona game. Easily. I prefer the P5 cast overall, still, but P3's was great, too. One thing that definitely stuck out to me is how the overall tone is the most similar to "mainline" SMT out of every Persona game I've played so far. But even without that, I think Persona 3's story does the best job at being engaging until the very end out of every Persona game, and the final boss is my favorite one in the series so far (and its theme is amazing, too).

That said... my opinion on the music is all over the place with this game.
It has some amazing tracks, like the theme of the rival group Strega, as well as the Full Moon Shadow boss fight, but the regular battle theme is... not great. In fact, I'd take Hajimari's chicken clucking over this any day of the week.

Sorry to anyone who likes it, but... I just don't like rap music. And though this one isn't the worst example of rap music out there, as someone who isn't a fan of that genre in general, it got grating quite quickly. Also, whoever wrote the woman's parts of the song desperately needed help coming up with lyrics other than "baby" and "oh yeah".