Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never judge a book by its cover, fellas.

Didn’t you bench/kill Hilda after like two lines of dialogue?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

....if Niles can capture him lol

every run Niles utterly failes to do so. Especially since capturing disables support, skill and pair up bonuses

Well, I'm afraid I do have to concede this point. The problem with Haitaka being godly is that capturing him is difficult. Not impossible, I wouldn't say the man is Xavier tier, but it takes... finesse. I'm fairly certain even base Niles can capture Haitaka with the right bow, so weaken him with a unit that can't crit, then employ Heartseeker and the freeze staff if you wanna be extra sure. Also, I believe capturing cancels attack stance, but not defense stance, so you can pair him up for extra reliability.

Once you have him, though? He's an excellent unit. Totally worth the trouble.

Just now, Sooks said:

Didn’t you bench/kill Hilda after like two lines of dialogue?

No, it was three

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he's an old man in animeland.

I mean, it's more he's not "conventionally attractive" than old, I doubt he's much beyond 30.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

every run Niles utterly failes to do so. Especially since capturing disables support, skill and pair up bonuses

Yeah, hit's a bother. Hitting the might threshold hasn't bothered me so much.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it was three

There is a difference.

Not much, but there is.

Here’s another Trails prediction, Ruben will like Scherazard. She is the person with that s-craft animation he didn’t like and he can’t pronounce her name, but she has the sort of personality he would like and could beat him up. Besides, Panne’s Panneness didn’t stop him.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't think that had anything to do with her stats, though.

Neither did him benching her.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it was three

I’m sure that third dialogue line must have been extra anime.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, it's more he's not "conventionally attractive" than old, I doubt he's much beyond 30.

That's true. Still epic.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, hit's a bother. Hitting the might threshold hasn't bothered me so much.

Heartseeker + freeze staff is 40% less avoid on the guy, and if you give Niles a pair up that grants skill, that's even more hit. I just checked, and I can confirm it - Kidnap only disables attack stance, not defense stance bonuses. So you can plop someone on him that gives him skill.

It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

Just now, Sooks said:

Here’s another Trails prediction, Ruben will like Scherazard.

Isn't that the fanservice character, though?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

She is the person with that s-craft animation he didn’t like and he can’t pronounce her name, but she has the sort of personality he would like and could beat him up. Besides, Panne’s Panneness didn’t stop him.

Ahah... Well, I guess we'll find out, won't we?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m sure that third dialogue line must have been extra anime.

All jokes aside, when she died in my first maddening run I just didn't feel like resetting. I'd used up all my charges of divine pulse, and I didn't really think I'd need her. No hard feelings, I just didn't want to redo everything.

Then Reunion at Dawn happened.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahah... Well, I guess we'll find out, won't we?

I mean she’s very tough and just sort of... has the Ruben aura™. You don’t really talk similarly, but the meaning is kind of the same... I don’t know. This scene in the bar just gave me the Ruben vibe.

And no, she’s not a fan service character. At least, she hasn’t been 20 hours in.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All jokes aside, when she died in my first maddening run I just didn't feel like resetting. I'd used up all my charges of divine pulse, and I didn't really think I'd need her. No hard feelings, I just didn't want to redo everything.

When did she die?

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you need freeze staff for more important stuff, especially on Lunatic

Heartseeker is still 20%. Considering Haitaka has the same stats in Lunatic and in my experience Niles usually has around 50% hitrate on him before adding pair up bonuses, I'd say that's pretty okay. You could probably reach 80~% with the right set up, plus Niles can probably double Haitaka if you give him a few levels and a speed pair up. Doable, in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

the Ruben aura™

Ruben vibe

I better like her now, because otherwise I'm going to feel insulted on top of annoyed by the character lol

When did she die?

Chapter 4. DK was dead, it would take me two more turns to finish, and then she bit the dust. I wasn't going to redo everything.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Heartseeker + freeze staff is 40% less avoid on the guy, and if you give Niles a pair up that grants skill, that's even more hit. I just checked, and I can confirm it - Kidnap only disables attack stance, not defense stance bonuses. So you can plop someone on him that gives him skill.

It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

I mean, you can get a pretty decent amount (I won't pretend I didn't take ~70% shots at him when he doubled) without them but it certainly assures a success.

Freeze being more important later on is also something to consider.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't that the fanservice character, though?

Nah. Schera's design being what it is, she's anything but a fanservice character.

This isn't FE, after all.

587100302491254789.png?v=1

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Nah. Schera's design being what it is, she's anything but a fanservice character.

This isn't FE, after all.

587100302491254789.png?v=1

It's still Japan. Japan requires a fanservice character. But I suppose I'll keep an open mind and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's still Japan. Japan requires a fanservice character. But I suppose I'll keep an open mind and see what happens.

Does Berwick have a fanservice character?

Legit question, btw. I'm genuinely curious since you mentioned Japan.

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This has been a really sad day. My dog died, she was old, older than the high mark of life expectancy for her breed, and her health was failing, but she still had that Chow stubbornness to her all the way to the end, and damned if she didn't keep finding moments to show off her goofy happiness despite the hardships.

I know i'm probably late but i'm sorry for your loss.

Eh, fanservice can be just about anything that fulfills the full meaning of the word. Don't zoom in on the sexual-aspect of it.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Does Berwick have a fanservice character?

Legit question, btw. I'm genuinely curious since you mentioned Japan.

Uh... Actually? Come to think about it, I don't think anyone qualifies. There's nobody who really has boobs flopping all over the place in a shirt that can barely hold them. Huh... Just another reason it's the greatest game ever!

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, fanservice can be just about anything that fulfills the full meaning of the word. Don't zoom in on the sexual-aspect of it.

Exactly. There's often examples of fanservice that are just callbacks to previous games, like the entirety of Awakening, really.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... Actually? Come to think about it, I don't think anyone qualifies. There's nobody who really has boobs flopping all over the place in a shirt that can barely hold them. Huh... Just another reason it's the greatest game ever!

Hm, alright then. I dunno, fanservice (in that sense) is typically a put off for me, but Trails (Sky anyway, can't speak for Crossbell or Cold Steel) puts enough substance and development into its characters that they're not defined by any one characteristic, IMO. It makes something like that irrelevant, but I am interested to see what you think of it.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I better like her now, because otherwise I'm going to feel insulted on top of annoyed by the character lol

Prepare to be not insulted.

Also Twilit is right, characters aren’t defined by any one characteristic.

At least, so far.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's nobody who really has boobs flopping all over the place in a shirt that can barely hold them.

And it's not like the game would have the potential for that to arise because of how the portraits are framed in dialogue scenes, alongside the zoomed out isometric perspective.

It's not like it'd have been impossible to portray a character like that in combat scenes, but that doesn't seem like it'd have been done to begin with because the most I remember from idle animations is for horses (kill me if I'm wrong).

(This is no reflection on the official art, which I'm pretty sure also complies with this off the top of my head)

Edited by Dayni

Man, that sucks. My grandparents also recently lost their dog. She was already over twenty and constantly getting sick, so it was only a matter of time sadly.