Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, fanservice can be just about anything that fulfills the full meaning of the word. Don't zoom in on the sexual-aspect of it.

True, it's like when I call something anime. I probably should specify, but writing "fanservice as in sexual gratification for the fans" is too long to write every time.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hm, alright then. I dunno, fanservice (in that sense) is typically a put off for me, but Trails (Sky anyway, can't speak for Crossbell or Cold Steel) puts enough substance and development into its characters that they're not defined by any one characteristic, IMO. It makes something like that irrelevant, but I am interested to see what you think of it.

All right, then. I will remember this so that I can hold it against you if the opposite turns out to be true.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Prepare to be not insulted.

Also Twilit is right, characters aren’t defined by any one characteristic.

At least, so far.

Very well.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And it's not like the game would have the potential for that to arise because of how the portraits are framed in dialogue scenes, alongside the zoomed out isometric perspective.

It's not like it'd have been impossible to portray a character like that in combat scenes, but that doesn't seem like it'd have been done to begin with because the most I remember from idle animations is for horses (kill me if I'm wrong).

(This is no reflection on the official art, which I'm pretty sure also complies with this off the top of my head)

Indeed, this is all true. The most suggestive it gets in Berwick is the few characters with skirts. That's really it.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, that TMS thing, right?
Never really cared for that, in all honesty. I know some people here like it, but the whole idol theme is not my thing.

Completely understandable, especially since i don't care for idols either.

But if you ever give it a shot, who knows, you might just like it. 

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah Idol culture can be bleh

Indeed and i genuinely don't understand how a lot of idol shows and games treat it like it's happy-go-lucky all the time.

I mean, you can say that about a lot of things but still.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean tbh i think that TMS is only alright at best so who am i to say? XD It's got one of the most repetitive/boring battle systems i've ever played, if that's anything.

I do think it can get a bit repetitive at times but i wouldn't call it boring. It's pretty fun to pull off the combos and watch them get bigger each time.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..I get tired of being one of the few who like this game and having to give my positive opinion on it. Can someone else please step up to the task? I'm not calling the game perfect, I shall admit to the issues it has, no game is perfect, and I can see why people would be disappointed by it. But the purest vitriol it has gotten is overblown, so I feel like I have to once in a while provide an explanatory counter of some sort to those who are listening to the acid, but aren't themselves geysers spewing it. TMS#FE is like a 7-8/10 game for me. It is nowhere near a 9, but the game still deserves someone who argues in favor of those points it is debatably worth, because the game is all alone in the darkness. "Victory has a hundred fathers, defeat is an orphan" -so the saying goes.

I'll just link to my review of the game.

Anyone who wants to give it a read if a read (also Backloggd uses a five-star system so 4/5 = 8/10 if you want to know the score i gave it).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

xtDMefv.jpg

Estelle:

I Don't Even Know Who You Are Template HD #1 | I Don't Even Know Who You Are  | Know Your Meme

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... Actually? Come to think about it, I don't think anyone qualifies. There's nobody who really has boobs flopping all over the place in a shirt that can barely hold them. Huh... Just another reason it's the greatest game ever!

Idk man, i feel like it'd take a simple gust of wind to expose Faye.

Actually with how fast she moves, she probably does it herself.

xNUL7PD.png

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Faye vs. Schera: Ultimate Fanservice battle

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually with how fast she moves, she probably does it herself.

I mean, yeah, but the game never goes for it, not even in her animations. It's something, if you want to count it as such, but it's still far, far less than like, every other piece of media from Japan.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True, it's like when I call something anime. I probably should specify, but writing "fanservice as in sexual gratification for the fans" is too long to write every time.

Hmm, bet someone has.

Until then, use Fantitilation as a distinct term?

I guess Estelle has become a dedicated healer for when she someone else needs healing. Tear, Teara, La Tear...

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If she were to move that fast, would anyone even notice?

FE sword user moment.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hmm, bet someone has.

Until then, use Fantitilation as a distinct term?

Ahahaha... Okay, that is too good.

Just now, Sooks said:

I guess Estelle has become a dedicated healer for when she someone else needs healing. Tear, Teara, La Tear...

Tear 2: Electric Boogaloo, Tear 3: The Tearing, TearRing Saga

Very well. The time has come. Takumi's Fan Castle, we meet again at last. When I left you, I was but a learner. Now I am the master.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

More reason why Estelle is besto girl.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

FE sword user moment.

Now I got reminded that the international versions of Blazing Sword added breast jiggling to Lyn's sprite animation with Sol Katti. Or I think it was just to Blade Lord in general.

Not Japan for a change. Then again, Blazing Sword international changed Lyn's age from 15 to 18 (19 during main game), so apparently it was now okay to give her breast jiggling.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I guess Estelle has become a dedicated healer for when she someone else needs healing. Tear, Teara, La Tear

yeah in FC she's pretty good at support. Especially combined with Morale.

In SC i had her as an Attacker/Support hybrid

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very well. The time has come. Takumi's Fan Castle, we meet again at last. When I left you, I was but a learner. Now I am the master.

Did someone say... Fan Castle...?

I had forgotten, but with how parts of that map are flooded, it's amusing to see the characters ride their horses as they swim. lol

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tear 2: Electric Boogaloo, Tear 3: The Tearing, TearRing Saga

Actually the 3rd one is semi-AoE in exchange for less healing than La Tear. Strategy!

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So does that mean you won?

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

More reason why Estelle is besto girl.

I mean I could have made her anything, she doesn’t have any locks on her orbment.

Actually, why did people even buy orbments with elemental requirements? Is there an in universe reason? Did they go for less or something?

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah in FC she's pretty good at support. Especially combined with Morale.

In SC i had her as an Attacker/Support hybrid

What makes her good for support? I only made her that way because she already had tear and I knew she would never leave (and you always want a healer) so I was like, sure. That’ll work.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

average wraith vs. average TMS enjoyer in this thread

Shrimp-kun...not you too...Emperor preserve you...do not let heresy and blasphemy blind you...

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

My review and reaction towards the game after playing TMS # FE:

Wait, I thought you never played it?

Are you... more of a weeb than me after all?

Just now, Dayni said:

One must first dirty their hands with darkness to understand it. /s

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Dayni said:

Are you... more of a weeb than me after all?

Once...to sate my curiosity. My soul has been blasted ever since that day.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, why did people even buy orbments with elemental requirements? Is there an in universe reason?

Iirc explained in one of the books in of the games.

Something about tuning.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What makes her good for support?

No orbment lock + her slightly tanky stats

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do think it can get a bit repetitive at times but i wouldn't call it boring. It's pretty fun to pull off the combos and watch them get bigger each time.

I'll say that the early game is more interesting than the endgame portion. Storyline wise and gameplay wise. 

I liked watching the characters grow and mature, then the endgame kinda just does a 180.

Just now, Wraith said:

Once...to sate my curiosity. My soul has been blasted ever since that day.

If even you can be tainted, the world truly is naught but heresy.