Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I’ll say, I haven’t really seen any systems that try to do anything like supports (other than just, y’know, the story). That would lead to supports being more loved, with nothing really doing it better. But I haven’t played many RPG type games, so are they common?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That bit about the ending tells me based on how I heard it there's a kind of brutal perspective from the devs wanting to make it clear that the fate of the setting forces a certain way no matter the choices made. But the reviewer also makes it clear that it shouldn't force the player to just roll with it either.

That does make the game sound interesting alright.

I might just need to sleep and got it wrong though.

yeah i heard about how people aren't really satisfied with the ending

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, i am no stranger to bad story making me lose interest in a game *cough*Modern Trails*cough*, but i definetly do put Gameplay in a higher regard

well, and modern Trails gameplay also sucks ass

I just downloaded Cold Steel 3 demo. Let's see if you're telling the truth.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ll say, I haven’t really seen any systems that try to do anything like supports (other than just, y’know, the story). That would lead to supports being more loved, with nothing really doing it better. But I haven’t played many RPG type games, so are they common?

FE's support system is certainly unique because it allows all characters to interact with each other depending on player choice.

Most other RPGs with similiar system end up with only the MC having the options to interact with others, and not the cast with each other, which makes everything MC dependant and basically an overglorified dating sim

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Cold Steel 3

>didn'T even play Sky, let alone Cold Steel 1-2

Man, if i was still into trails, this would be my reaction

200.gif

but idgaf anymore, so, have this guide instead

jsShta9.png

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>didn'T even play Sky, let alone Cold Steel 1-2

Man, if i was still into trails, this would be my reaction

It's just the demo. I want to see the combat system.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but idgaf anymore, so, have this guide instead

Careful with that, I might unironically follow it.

Just now, Maof06 said:

It's just the demo. I want to see the combat system.

When it's Shrimpy and ToCS, just smile and wave.

I also tried it, never really got into myself.

Finished SteamWorld Dig 2.

I managed to find all 42 Artifacts, but missed on a Jackhammer blueprint and 10% completion in Archaea and 3% in two other areas. I think I'll use a guide to find that missing blueprint, and attempt this set of challenge trials that were unlocked for having obtained all the Artifacts, but I probably won't bother pulling my hair out over the missing 3%s. 

The game felt like it was missing something, it ended with some abruptness. One dedicated finale area that drives things home would've been good. And maybe some more boss fights, although fighting is a weak aspect of this game, the tiny number of bosses it already has are all mediocre. Also, I don't get what the point of the small horror segment was, when the trip there has no relevance at all to what comes later. 

The above said, the game was fun. It didn't overstay its welcome, it cut itself short just before that feeling could set in. The Zelda-esque combination of mild puzzles and platforming worked well, with a few of the caves calling for moderate tight platforming talent. As with Link and also Samus -more Samus than Link actually- by the time you get to the game's end, if you've been collecting just about everything, you're almost invincible and platforming ceases to be difficult -provided you don't handicap yourself for more of a challenge. The game's routine of jumping into the mines to dig for minerals and jewels, to be sold when you resurface due to full inventory or the lantern or health are running low, was boring and addictive. The game looks good and the writing, though not the story itself, is charming, the item descriptions are filled with wonderful levity.

I'd give it an 8/10. I have an inkling to give it a 9, but that would've required a longer stronger endgame.

I got the game on sale, and I'd suggest waiting for that if one wanted the game; the normal price is $20 USD. I'd also start with the first SteamWorld Dig, which can go on sale as well, but is normally $10 USD. The first Dig is rougher, and shorter, you could finish it in one sitting if you buried yourself inside all day and dug deep into the game. SWD2 is an objective improvement on the first, I hope they could make lightning strike again.

Now where is SteamWorld Heist 2? And will Fen be playable again?

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's not like these other people don't exist, but TeeHee doesn't seem like the place to find them.

I'm not really looking for someone here, or anywhere. It's my fault for not keeping a sample paragraph or three of my extended opinion and whatnot, so I could do a low-effort copypaste with tweaks of it whenever I see the need to deploy it.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3127.png?width=995&height=108

It's a cold day in hell when i'm dropping a Monolith Soft game but here we are. To be fair, there are good things about the game. The spritework is pretty nice andi liked seeing the characters interact, even if i only knew like half of them because the other half, specifically half of the Namco characters here, are from dead or literally who franchises even for the time and at the end of the day, this is a crossover game. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I also have to mention that i do like the OC protags in this game. Reiji and Xiaomu do make for a pretty likable duo.

However, the game has one problem and it's the gameplay. The gameplay on paper isn't bad but the more i played, the more i could see where it was going and it was definitely heading down the path of absolute tedium. This is a game where the playable roster keeps getting bigger and bigger and while there are times where the characters would split up, the tedium started to become apparent after 13 chapters (5 prologue chapters and eight main chapters is as far as i played). I really do think this game would be a lot smoother to play if they got rid of like half the cast and got rid of the grid because as it stands, it's just tedium. Better to stop things here than keep playing and wait for the tedium really kicks into unforgivable territory because the main story is 50 chapters long and i don't know how it justifies that.

Sorry it came to that.

I'll see if I can stick through to the end, when the time comes.

How this foreshadows your playing of the later games in the same mold... well nothing is certain. I shall say there might be a few too many boss battles in the EF games, and whether or not that wears you down with te deum is something I'm postulating about. Although cheats exist if you wanted to stick around to the end.

I like TMS... but what's the point trying to go against prevailing opinions. Best to just enjoy stuff in silence.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not really looking for someone here, or anywhere. It's my fault for not keeping a sample paragraph or three of my extended opinion and whatnot, so I could do a low-effort copypaste with tweaks of it whenever I see the need to deploy it.

Ah don't worry about it.

I just am too stingy to pay full price for the title to be honest.

Random post to tell you to play Touhou Luna Nights. If you don't, I'll...I'll...just post music. 🙃

Seriously though, it's a great game. Very fun little Metroidvania.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah don't worry about it.

I just am too stingy to pay full price for the title to be honest.

It's not stinginess, it's perfectly normal to do in this era where games usually do go on sale at some point. Only the eager, the foolish, and the 1st-party Nintendo fans buy games at full price nowadays. I'm no different.

^

even for ninty games i just get them used for like 20-50% their original price on ebay. Why pay 50€ when i can pay 20€? Unless it's something i am a super hardcore fan of and want to buy day 1

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

^

even for ninty games i just get them used for like 20-50% their original price on ebay. Why pay 50€ when i can pay 20€? Unless it's something i am a super hardcore fan of and want to buy day 1

Me: I'm going to try and avoid purchasing too early, look to see if I can get stuff cheap enough.

Also me: 3H special edition half price? Sure, why not? (This being an early purchase as I hadn't gotten the Switch beforehand)

(And lucky you, your online market wasn't disrupted by nationalism (Brexitannia blares in the distance).)

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

how far in are you?

YES!!!! 

Spoiler

Fightning Lorence without his helmet right now. Just started. And another time to hear Silver Will!!!!!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:
Spoiler

Fightning Lorence without his helmet right now. Just started. And another time to hear Silver Will!!!!!

dafuq you're super fast haha!

Enjoy 😄

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dafuq you're super fast haha!

Enjoy 😄

Spoiler

And... shit, he killed me. 391 HP left, and he had that cause the HP heal bonus!!! Damn it! 

Start over!

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
Spoiler

And... shit, he killed me. 391 HP left, and he had that cause the HP heal bonus!!! Damn it! 

Start over!

ayy!

What difficulty are you playing on, btw? Normal, i take it?

Or did you go Hard as i recommended?

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy!

What difficulty are you playing on, btw? Normal, i take it?

Or did you go Hard as i recommended?

I wanted to play on Normal to get a feel for the game first, and I'm not a challenge seeker either way.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AnR fanending kino will happen. That's your dose of Hopium for this month

I know, and the group that I was part of (Operation Usurper) will release 127-129 rewrite soon. Aotnorequiem script was leaked too.