Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I wanted to play on Normal to get a feel for the game first, and I'm not a challenge seeker either way.

ayy Npnp

seems like you are having a blast though, which is the most important thing!

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

I know, and the group that I was part of (Operation Usurper) will release 127-129 rewrite soon. Aotnorequiem script was leaked too.

too much Hopium

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How this foreshadows your playing of the later games in the same mold... well nothing is certain. I shall say there might be a few too many boss battles in the EF games, and whether or not that wears you down with te deum is something I'm postulating about. Although cheats exist if you wanted to stick around to the end.

I really do think the problem was the SRPG structure and how it kept getting bigger. From my understanding, the EF games and the PxZ games are more smaller scale (with EF being just a normal RPG) so the issues should in theory be fixed there.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...is what I would be saying if Takumi wasn't a horrendously designed, piece of shit, luck-based, Henning-tier boss. What's that? Takumi decided to proc Vengeance? Too bad! Fuck you in the ass, redo the entire map!

Well, you know what? Fuck you in the ass, I'm cheating. Load state!

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But that's me in this particular run. The game shouldn't assume every player will be in a good enough situation that they can one-round Takumi. That's the most basic rule of game design lol

Part of the reason I like going for the Sorcerer's level 15 skill, Bow Breaker, before climbing the wall (it helps a lot in that section of this map as well...) is to make the Takumi fight here more reliable.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Actually, is Eltosian a Conquest fan? But does Eltosian like Three Hohses?

Wait no, Conquest isn’t even underrated...

I am definitely a Conquest fan, generally put it in my top 3 FE games, although whether Thracia or Conquest is no. 2 or 3 I haven't really decided. As for Three Houses...I rushed through all paths as fast as I could, and while I liked it at first, I hated it by the end, and it was really clear to me that part of the reason was that I was forcing myself to finish all these paths well after I stopped enjoying it, and I have not felt like playing it ever sense. I generally don't talk much about 3H as its clear to me that a big part of my dislike is that I burned myself out on the game and kept going anyway, and that is less about the game, and more about how I in particular played it. My plan is to come back to it eventually with hopefully enough distance and time to better engage with it, although when that will be I don't know yet.

As for the other Fates games, I have always found Birthright incredibly boring, which is the worst thing an FE game can be in my book, although my feeling on Revelations rather softened after my Pick My Unit run of that game, as that game is a lot of fun with some weird challenge run attached to it. Its a lot like Shadow Dragon in that way, as I also really disliked that game, until I came to appreciate that the challenge runs make that game a lot more fun as well.

I will also add that I probably fall into a TMS:FE# fan, as I really enjoyed. It is the game that most made me feel like I was playing a Magical Girl Anime, and it reminded me a bit of Zone of the Enders, as that is the game that most made me feel like I was playing a Mecha anime. I think this was kinda accidental, but capturing the feel of that genre in game form was an interesting experience that I rather enjoyed, but it feels odd to talk about on an FE forum, as despite it theoretically being one, it isn't.

Berwick:

Spoiler

yooooo

I got Volo this chapter 2

Also, it turns out that thing I said about only being able to do one personal mission per chapter was wrong, since I can do Faye and Kramer's. 😕

Edited by Robert Stewart

“We can’t afford to get a civilian wrapped up in the conflict.”

So, Schera, did you somehow miss him OHKO’ing everything with shadow spear? Cause I didn’t. Having him there would have been quite nice...

Edit:

Spoiler

I cheered out loud when Olivier came back. Let’s hope he stays for the fight now... and that they don’t try to ditch him again.

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy Npnp

seems like you are having a blast though, which is the most important thing!

I really am! Xd

Ugh... I'll try to win that fight tommorow. I'm still a mite sour about that loss. I AM GOING TO WIN THAT BATTLE, MARK MY WORDS.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Cosmo atm is getting into the kino

*high fives*

I do appreciate Namco x Capcom for introducing me to Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers.

latest?width=450&height=432

This character design is so based.

A shame Darkstalkers is a dead fighting game (the last one was Resurrection in 2013).

I just wanna take the time to thank everyone that encouraged me to try out Trails in the Sky. I would have missed out on something amazing without you all. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I just wanna take the time to thank everyone that encouraged me to try out Trails in the Sky. I would have missed out on something amazing without you all. Thank you!

Of course! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!~

Did a test run of Endless Frontier on MelonDS. MelonDS actually runs well unlike shitty-ass DeSume.

Only problem is the audio. it's not laggy (MelonDS doesn't seem to lag at all) but it doesn't sound clean.

I won't be playing Endless Frontier right now, i just wanted to do a test run. I'm about to do the same with Citra and Project X Zone, because i'd rather not shell out $100+ bucks for the PxZ games, even if i am being paid now.

The internet doesn't want me to play Project X Zone 1 it seems, i've never had this much trouble finding a rom for a game. All the downloads either don't work or take too long.

...I'm really gonna have to shell out money for this, aren't i?

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The internet doesn't want me to play Project X Zone 1 it seems, i've never had this much trouble finding a rom for a game. All the downloads either don't work or take too long.

...I'm really gonna have to shell out money for this, aren't i?

I have a link to the .cia here, but I don't know if I can share it here on the site.

5 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I have a fat sunburn rn from yesterday.

My entire head hurts.

Considering I had to wear a hat and scarf on friday, I didn't see this coming.

Anyways working time...

Good luck!

25 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I have a link to the .cia here, but I don't know if I can share it here on the site.

Probably not but i found it anyway. Thanks tho.

Was able to do a Citra test run with Project X Zone 1. Apart from some mild frame dips, seems to run well. Gotta admit, i'm surprised.

Also the spritework is mad crazy in this game.

Anyways, i know it works now. Won't be playing the PxZs right now but i know it's there.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Ayy

Glad you're enjoying it! And the Trails ride is just starting!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

“We can’t afford to get a civilian wrapped up in the conflict.”

So, Schera, did you somehow miss him OHKO’ing everything with shadow spear? Cause I didn’t. Having him there would have been quite nice..

Even if he is armed, he is still a civilian, and Bracer's #1 Duty is to protect civilians. The Bracer Code and all, which allows them to operate in the countries.