• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

So is the time Ward tanked a hit for zero damage and then had "+2" added on to it something completely different?

That sounds like magic bonus damage.

Did you just not pay attention to what weapons enemies were using?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shields can still apply, so crits don't tend to do much against armor knights.

This isn't true either. Crits pierce all defense. All of them. It doesn't matter if you have 100 defense with a 432042308 defense shield, if you get hit by a crit, you're taking 10 to 20 damage, no questions asked. It's what makes Berwick crits useful.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not to execuse it, but innate class crits has been a thing since ancient FE

True, but Conquest tends to be better than most FEs, so it saddens me that it fell for this blunder.

Though, in fairness, I've just gotten supremely unlucky in this map. It's not as bad most of the time... Except in Takumi's Fun Castle, of course, because Takumi's Fun Castle is only saved from being Conquest's worst map by Kitsune Hell's existence.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So is the time Ward tanked a hit for zero damage and then had "+2" added on to it something completely different?

That wasn't a crit, it was a weapon with magical extra damage. Some weapons do that. The extra damage targets resistance, so Ward couldn't tank it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Conquest good.

Very much agree, but Conquest good does not mean Conquest perfect. Conquest has some flaws, that don't destroy it, but that are definitely flaws. This is one of them, I think. They should've calmed down on the skill growths for enemies.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, BrightBow said:

That sounds like magic bonus damage.

It wasn't Ward, it was Reese actually

Screenshot_2512.png?width=769&height=432

Pretty sure there was no magic involved. 

Just now, Armagon said:

It wasn't Ward, it was Reese actually

Screenshot_2512.png?width=769&height=432

Pretty sure there was no magic involved. 

Yeah, Pizarro has ember arrows, which deal 1 extra fire damage. That was no crit.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but Conquest tends to be better than most FEs, so it saddens me that it fell for this blunder.

That is true, but we can't be perfect can we xD

I have my own complaints with conquest as well, as you know (proc skills, debuffs lasting forever and a half, etc.), but it's the closest FE gameplay came to perfection imo, and the only one with a fun challenging lunatic mode. Just needed some tweaks here and there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

May also have to do with accessibility. People can't play Berwick at all unless they got a decent PC capable of emulating PS2.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True. I know of a few people who haven't tried Berwick for that reason. Damnit, Kaga, release Berwick on Steam already!

I mean, people who still have a PS2 can play it too. Like me. But I think I'll play Tear Ring before Berwick. Ignore the fact that I still need to beat Vestaria, Thracia, Trails, Rune Factory 4 and Conquest.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh.

That's cringe tbh.

Elemental weaknesses are a thing in the game. So 1 point of fire damage can go a long way in certain situations.

Plus, since almost everyone has 0 magic, even 1 point of magic damage can still pierce enemies who otherwise have nearly impenetrable physical defenses.

Edited by BrightBow

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's just general FE tho.

Some are more RNG dependent than others.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very much agree, but Conquest good does not mean Conquest perfect. Conquest has some flaws, that don't destroy it, but that are definitely flaws. This is one of them, I think. They should've calmed down on the skill growths for enemies.

I just wanted to post its god tier music.

Of course it has flaws, I mean story and characters lol, it puts proc skills in awful places, endgame doesn’t give you a save, some maps are just too long to have to reset if you want to keep a unit on classic mode (which IS has to know most people do), fox map and ninja map.

Besides I wasn’t saying Conquest perfect, Conquest is far from.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh.

That's cringe tbh.

Just now, Armagon said:

Should've just done magic damage normally.

"Hello, I'm Armagon, and I think literally everything Berwick Saga does is bad for no reason whatsoever."

Beaten third dungeon in Persona 5 Strikers.

The last two main bosses did NOTHING, couldn't attack me at all.

I guess I have to turn up the difficulty!?

I must have become an expert in hack and slash pretty fast apparently.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Looks like we're in for the riveting sequel to Ruben v Armagon: Dawn of Kaga.

So I can extract from these words that you're playing this series too now?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They should've calmed down on the skill growths for enemies

And then enemies will have sub 50 hit on you, which is reality in 90% of the FE games

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

@Shrimperor I beat him this time! No resources left and I finished him with a 2,600 damage finisher!

Ayy

Time for Hollowed Light of the sealed Land, enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

So I can extract from these words that you're playing this series too now?

Oh no, I meant you and Shrimpy haha. Shrimpy despises Cold Steel.

But yeah, I'm going to get into it when I finish Conquest.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And then enemies will have sub 50 hit on you, which is reality in 90% of the FE games

Yeeeaah that's true.

Then, tweak the crit formula so that it's lower. Fuck crit, seriously. Less crit for both parties is a good thing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It's actually rather funny to think about. Like, if this were like the Fire Emblem games of that era where EVERYONE has some degree of magic resistance, magic bonus damage would be essentially worthless.

...maybe that's where Radiant Dawn got the idea for magic cards from, come to think of it. I mean, the also copied Crossbows with no regard for the fact that weapons with fixed attack power are of little use in a game with such large defense creep.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

I mean, people who still have a PS2 can play it too.

Yeah but unless you're fluent in Japanese, you'd have to like, do technical shit to get English Berwick on your PS2. And most people probably don't feel like doing that.

...Can you even homebrew a PS2?

Also it's not like they sell physical copies of Berwick at a reasonable price.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Hello, I'm Armagon, and I think literally everything Berwick Saga does is bad for no reason whatsoever."

Maybe if Berwick early game wasn't Stormtrooper simulator.

Remember, Berwick is the only time i didn't drop a Kaga game out of hate.

The obvious solution would of course be to just do what Berwick Saga did and get rid of universal critical hit rates.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I meant you and Shrimpy haha

Zan and me came to peace with our opinions long ago xD

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then, tweak the crit formula so that it's lower. Fuck crit, seriously. Less crit for both parties is a good thing.

Definetly yeah

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The obvious solution would of course be to just do what Berwick Saga did and get rid of universal critical hit rates.

Or lower crit. Damge to 1.5x

Edited by Shrimperor

Or lower crit. Damge to 1.5x

In Vestaria it was lowered to 2x, which I thought was fine for the most part. I mean, that's not likely to one-shot unless it's a mini-boss or something.