Jump to content
Zan Partizanne

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but unless you're fluent in Japanese, you'd have to like, do technical shit to get English Berwick on your PS2. And most people probably don't feel like doing that.

...Can you even homebrew a PS2?

Also it's not like they sell physical copies of Berwick at a reasonable price.

Kinda. I mean, my PS2 is jailbroken. I can just patch Berwick's .iso and burn it in a DVD, or load it using OPL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the longest time I also had extremely difficulty to even find a rom.

Don't know how the current situation is in that regard. Maybe it's easier these days. These kind of things seem to change rather frequently. But either way it's an additional barrier of entry.

Edited by BrightBow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, i think Kaga just doesn't give a shit about the Western audience. Vestaria is the one game of his that actually got localized and it's only because he's retired and doesn't care about money anymore. Well FE1 too but he doesn't own that game lol.

From what I remember he was shocked that he even had a Western Fanbase, and discovering that they exist is part of the reason Vesteria Saga got a translation. To be fair that was literally the first of his games to leave Japan.

 

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck this, everyone keeps missing 80s and getting crit by everything. I'm sick of it. I'll do it later.

Seriously, why the fuck does everyone in the lategame have 10 crit. I hate it. That right there is the biggest reason this lategame isn't as good as I'd like. Why the fuck is everyone's crit so high? There's no reason everyone should have 4 crit on my luckiest units, goddamnit! That's just fucking cheap!

I don't remember having much issues with crits, but if you are having issues with them a few ways to mitigate them come to mind. The first is to grab Percy (Arthur's son) as his personal skill increases the crit avoid of all allies within 2 spaces of him by 15, another is to have some of the basic E rank weapons on hand for the +10 crit avoid they give when equipped (not always an ideal option, but if you can forge some those they are alright weapons), another is that being in defense stance gives a +5 crit avoid in combat, I think someone already mentioned luck rally (the dance bonus also adds a little luck as well, but that bonus tends to be incidental...), and finally some adjacent support partners also add crit avoid based on support level (see here for details: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who even knows at this point. He's retired, his company went under and Enterbrain probably doesn't even remember they have it. It's pretty much lost media by now. Or, well, would be if it wasn't for emulation and Aethin.

Yeah. To my knowledge, Enterbrain just makes magazines now. Print media! In modern times, when most people (at least, in more developed nations) have tiny computers in their pockets or right next to them 24/7!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

For the longest time I also had extremely difficulty to even find a rom.

Don't know how the current situation is in that regard. Maybe it's easier these days. These kind of things seem to change rather frequently. But either way it's an additional barrier of entry.

I mean, it's on the Internet Archive nowadays, so there's that.

That's how I found it, it even was patched (though not the most recent patch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Trails in the Sky FC is absolutely fantastic! I recommend it to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Olivier has more screen time!! While cool music plays! This chapter is already good.

Edit: Well, that was unexpected. Really good beginning.

 

Edited by Sooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did a test run on Soma Bringer. Runs well, no lag or audio problems, leading me to believe that Endless Frontier itself is to blame for the audio issues i experienced yesterday.

But man, i know i said it yesterday but MelonDS is so, so much better than DeSume. Fuck, maybe i should consider replaying DSFE because the last time i played through them was on shitty-ass DeSume and that might've soured my experience of both games at least a little bit.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, if MelonDS works well enough for you for Soma Bringer, you might wish to consider going back to the older numbered Rune Factories. RF5 might release ten days from now in Japan, but we haven't a release date for the West. I will warn you to go back to RF3 first, it'll be the least jarring, although it is a short game.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can't actually miss

Technically "misses" exist in EF. But they aren't total misses, it's more like the hit grazed the target, as the target still takes 10% of the normal damage. If the numbers are blue, the hit was dodged, yellow indicates the hit was guarded, which is halved damage I think, red is normal damage, white is critical, which might be like a 25% increase.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...Can you even homebrew a PS2?

I recall reading in ages past that someone hooked up a bunch of PS2s into a lite supercomputer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe if Berwick early game wasn't Stormtrooper simulator.

Remember, Berwick is the only time i didn't drop a Kaga game out of hate.

Nah, yeah. I understand, to be honest. Berwick Saga is a bit of an acquired taste, and I can completely understand this sort of reaction.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

For the longest time I also had extremely difficulty to even find a rom.

Don't know how the current situation is in that regard. Maybe it's easier these days. These kind of things seem to change rather frequently. But either way it's an additional barrier of entry.

I seem to remember finding one with relative ease. Then again, I've had the same one since I first played Berwick Saga, which was...

...two and a half years ago!? You can't be serious...

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

From what I remember he was shocked that he even had a Western Fanbase, and discovering that they exist is part of the reason Vesteria Saga got a translation. To be fair that was literally the first of his games to leave Japan.

I wonder if he knows / how he feels about the fact that all of his games (except the most recent ones) have been translated by fans at this point.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't remember having much issues with crits, but if you are having issues with them a few ways to mitigate them come to mind. The first is to grab Percy (Arthur's son) as his personal skill increases the crit avoid of all allies within 2 spaces of him by 15, another is to have some of the basic E rank weapons on hand for the +10 crit avoid they give when equipped (not always an ideal option, but if you can forge some those they are alright weapons), another is that being in defense stance gives a +5 crit avoid in combat, I think someone already mentioned luck rally (the dance bonus also adds a little luck as well, but that bonus tends to be incidental...), and finally some adjacent support partners also add crit avoid based on support level (see here for details: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/)

Those are all great ideas.

The other idea would be to calm down, take 10 minutes to relax, and then go at it again with renewed energies. I mopped the floor with the map in this new attempt. Hell yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

 

The other idea would be to calm down, take 10 minutes to relax, and then go at it again with renewed energies. I mopped the floor with the map in this new attempt. Hell yeah.

Nicely done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Man, Trails in the Sky FC is absolutely fantastic! I recommend it to all.

791876522385473547.png?v=1

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Olivier has more screen time!! While cool music plays! This chapter is already good.

 

Spoiler

Olivier is one of the best boys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHH, FUCK I wasted Shura's physic staff by accident.

Pfft. Well, I'm not resetting. I've got like 3 more at the shop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I meant you and Shrimpy haha. Shrimpy despises Cold Steel.

Oh, 👌

I thought he only really dislikes 3 and 4.

I mean it's only 4 whose part from the Cold Steel series I love since it feels like a worthy final of this series aka a "Best of".

Otherwise both Crossbell parts and Sky 3rd are also parts I like a lot and have played more than once.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I thought he only really dislikes 3 and 4

I dislike 2 more than 3 actually. I am mostly fine with 1 tho, since it does work as a great buildup. I have my problems with it, but i like CS1 more than i dislike it.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Man, Trails in the Sky FC is absolutely fantastic! I recommend it to all.

Hehehe.

And you didn't even get to the good parts yet!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hell yeah.

Seems to me you're enjoying Conquest more this time around.

Lunatic run when?

Edited by Shrimperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shrimperor said:

Hehehe.

And ylu didn't even get to the good parts yet!

Funny, I remember saying the same thing as Sooks and you responding in the same way.

Neat how that works out, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Olivier is one of the best boys.

 

So far he is the best boy.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hehehe.

And you didn't even get to the good parts yet!

Huh!?

I mean, I know I haven’t gotten to Silver Will yet but other than that... woah. I mean I am loving the game right now! Fantastic gameplay, good music and some interesting characters. Oh yeah and the story! It’s pretty interesting because I’ve never really seen something like it in a video game. And I always like mysteries.

Edited by Sooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Seems to me you're enjoying Conquest more this time around.

Definitely. I think it's as I had feared - my first run had been dragged down by terrible, terrible luck with the units. My awful decisions also played a hand, of course (Kabbãge's horrendous suckiness being the biggest issue derived from those), but hey, it's not like this team is super optimal either. Once again, I have no royals, and I'm still dragging Gunter's ancient behind around lol. Fuckin' Roland was more useful.

Speaking of, R.I.P. Roland. He faded into nothingness so that the rest of us could achieve greatness. He was a real hero.

Quote

Lunatic run when?

Hahahahahahah.

...I'm insane enough to play FE12 lunatic, I'm insane enough to play Conquest lunatic. But, later. Much later. When I grow familiar enough with the game.

 

All right, Ryoma got his butt kicked. Now I just have to time travel a bit to recruit the generic ninja with Poison Strike and Grisly Wound, and we'll be set for the final chapters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I know I haven’t gotten to Silver Will yet but other than that... woah. I mean I am loving the game right now! Fantastic gameplay, good music and some interesting characters.

It's nothing compared to what's to come! The Trails ride is a strong one!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now I just have to time travel a bit to recruit the generic ninja with Poison Strike and Grisly Wound, and we'll be set for the final chapters.

Hmmm

@Eltosian Kadath

Question: does inevitable end stay if you capture enemy ninjas on Lunatic? Because if so, oh boy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sooks said:

So far he is the best boy.

Oh, true. FC doesn't let Joshua shine as much.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I know I haven’t gotten to Silver Will yet but other than that... woah. I mean I am loving the game right now!

I think Shrimpy means SC, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, Shrimperor said:

Hmmm

@Eltosian Kadath

Question: does inevitable end stay if you capture enemy ninjas on Lunatic? Because if so, oh boy!

According to the wiki, strictly enemy-only skills like Inevitable End disappear when you capture them. A shame, but still, Poison Wound (or Grisly Strike, if you will) is still a really solid combo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

 

Question: does inevitable end stay if you capture enemy ninjas on Lunatic? Because if so, oh boy!

No, that skill (and staff savant) are enemy only, if someone with one of those skills is captured they lose it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

FC doesn't let Joshua shine as much

True. Tbf i think Joshua wouldn't have worked as much if it wasn't for Estelle. They mirror each other too well!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think Shrimpy means SC, but I could be wrong.

And some late game events in FC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

No, that skill (and staff savant) are enemy only, if someone with one of those skills is captured they lose it...

A shame. A real shame.

Kinda surprised those skills worked in the pme then

Edited by Shrimperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah @Shrimperor, didn’t you say SC is considered to be the best game in the series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

True. Tbf i think Joshua wouldn't have worked as much if it wasn't for Estelle. They mirror each other too well!

Yeah. True. Can't say I've seen two video game characters interact with each other in such a natural way in every scene they're in together.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah @Shrimperor, didn’t you say SC is considered to be the best game in the series?

Tbf, I've only played FC and SC, but I consider SC to be in the top five games I've ever played if that tells you anything. FC is awesome, and SC is a masterpiece, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...