Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I have over 100 hours in this game, I never knew...

I've played the game six times now xD

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kaga didn't even let you change unit formation until Berwick, when Fire Emblem was already letting you do that for three games.

Wasn't formation tied to the order you selected units? I mean, sure, that's still harder than changing the positions on the map itself, but it's not like you couldn't do it at all.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Huh? But you can skip scenes with start.

Yeah, sorry. Should've specified I was talking about battle stuff.

As for battle, if you were to skip enemy movement, you would likely have to spend more time figuring out the enemy's moves after the fact.

Maybe, but having the option is still nice. It's there in FE and it works!

And what about combat animations? Is it really such a terrible loss to let me skip Adel swinging his spear for the 5th time? The worst part is, you can skip scripted battles in cutscenes by pressing enter, but not actual battles. It's not a horrible flaw, but it is a bit annoying.

Just now, Maof06 said:

Kaga good

or

Kaga bad?

Kaga good, but not perfect.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

TIL

never knew that either lol

I knew, but I can never remember the button combination. And even so, if the issue is that I need to like, trade an item off of an inactive unit, I'm shit outta luck.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wasn't formation tied to the order you selected units?

It was but QoL is definitely just letting you swap it on the map before the fight instead of having to pay attention to which number goes where.

IntSys started doing this in 2002, it took Kaga until 2005 to do it.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Kaga bad

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe, but having the option is still nice. It's there in FE and it works!

And what about combat animations? Is it really such a terrible loss to let me skip Adel swinging his spear for the 5th time? The worst part is, you can skip scripted battles in cutscenes by pressing enter, but not actual battles. It's not a horrible flaw, but it is a bit annoying.

But you can always chose whether you want to view the animations during battle preview.

Well, technically it doesn't work if you trigger an ambush or using a non-attacking orb. That just does whatever the default settings are.
It IS unfortunate for healers since their animations are very nice. But ambushes are relatively rare.

Edited by BrightBow

But you can always chose whether you want to view the animations during battle preview.

No, I can choose to view regular animations and map animations. I cannot skip anything. There's a difference. Map animations are fast enough, admittedly, but there's always room for it to be faster.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't mind that the option doesn't exist, but it's undeniably better in modern FE, where you can skip literally everything if you want to. The truth is, Kaga is plain worse than FE at QoL in every single one of his games except Berwick Saga. And even then, for every feature that Berwick has that FE doesn't, it lacks something that FE does offer. You can't really argue "Kaga good" in this aspect, I'm afraid.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the important thing is that SRW did it before either of them.

SRW also did 1 hour straight of unskippable text before Kaga

Well, in any case, break time's over. Time to finish the conquest.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SRW also did 1 hour straight of unskippable text before Kaga

Did you tried pressing Select+Start?

But seriously, for J it's R+A. That skips dialogue.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was but QoL is definitely just letting you swap it on the map before the fight instead of having to pay attention to which number goes where.

IntSys started doing this in 2002, it took Kaga until 2005 to do it.

On the bright side, Kaga added mid-chapter saves in 2001. IS wouldn't do that until 2007. 6 years and 5 whole games later.
And even then, the implementation was always much worse.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you tried pressing Select+Start?

But seriously, for J it's R+A. That skips dialogue.

Oh.

Well, good to know, I guess.

I've been uncharacteristically bashing Kaga. Allow me to do the opposite now: Every day I miss Berwick/TearRing Saga's flags. Seriously, I know I can mark enemy range, but with stuff like the boulder, I have to memorize the enemy range without the boulder, because the marked range is affected by it. In a Kaga game, I'd just mark it up with a flag and forget about it. Really handy feature, and there's little reason that it has to be mutually exclusive with marking enemy ranges.

I'm starting to regret saying this map is easy, because my rotten brain made of jelly can't keep up with it.

Okay, that's it. This is the one. Concentrate you fucking asshole, concentrate.

This popped up in my recs and it's actually a pretty cute concept.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

On the bright side, Kaga added mid-chapter saves in 2001.

....there were battle saves in TearRing? I feel like i wouldn't have missed that if there were.

Ohhhhhh wait, you're talking about the Save Staff. Yeah no, that doesn't count. Imagine making saves a limited resource. Couldn't be me.

And even then, the implementation was always much worse.

Nah, i ain't waiting five turns to make a save.

Five-turn saves are better than nothing but i'd much rather just save every turn. Saves time.

Unless you're referring to Save Staffs, in which i do agree is worse.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Allow me to do the opposite now: Every day I miss Berwick/TearRing Saga's flags. Seriously, I know I can mark enemy range, but with stuff like the boulder, I have to memorize the enemy range without the boulder, because the marked range is affected by it. In a Kaga game, I'd just mark it up with a flag and forget about it. Really handy feature, and there's little reason that it has to be mutually exclusive with marking enemy ranges.

I literally never used the flags lol.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, that's it. This is the one. Concentrate you fucking asshole, concentrate.

Damn. It really is kicking your ass, eh?

Also, I finally added my FE game rankings to my signature, feel free to "???" at me, y'all. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah, i ain't waiting five turns to make a save.

Five-turn saves are better than nothing but i'd much rather just save every turn. Saves time.

Unless you're referring to Save Staffs, in which i do agree is worse.

Not like Fire Emblem ever gave you unlimited saving opportunities that aren't tied to specific difficulty levels.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This popped up in my recs and it's actually a pretty cute concept.

It also popped in my recs, though I did not find it cute.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I literally never used the flags lol.

Yeah, well, that's because you're Armagon and you hate everything nice so long as Kaga did it.

Just now, Spara said:

Damn. It really is kicking your ass, eh?

That's the worst part - it's not. The map is really easy. Only problem is, I'm not paying enough attention and I keep making the dumbest mistakes. It's so frustrating.

That's the worst part - it's not. The map is really easy. Only problem is, I'm not paying enough attention and I keep making the dumbest mistakes. It's so frustrating.

Oof. I know the feeling after my Berwick ironman xD

COCK, COCK, A THOUSAND FUCKING COCKS, CAN I STOP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE IN THE SAME SPOT--Never mind, Haitaka lived because he's amazing. Way to go, totally planned that.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Not like Fire Emblem ever gave you unlimited saving opportunities that aren't tied to specific difficulty levels.

Which is why i use save states if i'm emulating.

And if i like, ever replay Conquest or something, i'd do it on Casual Mode for the battle saves. It is not worth my time to redo entire maps. I have....evolved past that.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, well, that's because you're Armagon and you hate everything nice so long as Kaga did it.

There was no reason for me to ever use it tho.

COCK, COCK, A THOUSAND FUCKING COCKS, CAN I STOP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE IN THE SAME SPOT

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I mean, you got a different result this time.