• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Leo... I still don't get why I felt like mine disappointed.)

Part of it is that he starts in the worst magic class in Conquest, plus his personal skill is harder to take advantage, and less useful than it seems. I remember looking through his averages once, when trying to jusstify my Ophelia best mage of Fates claim, and in Sorceror he is comparable to a well bred Ophelia, but Ophelia's better magic caps proved  the tipping point in me calling her best mage thanks to how many spirit dusts are available in the game that she can take advantage of, but he can't due to his caps...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? I would argue it's the opposite. Nyx is so min-maxed that you can reliably use her as a magical nuke.

That has been my assessment using her on my Lunatic run. Very similar to Elise's combat after she promotes, but with more time to train up weapon ranks.

Odin's magic and speed are shit, so his nosferatanking abilities fall off after a while.

The thing about Odin is his other classes have skills that synergize really well with Nosfreatu, so switching him over to grab some of those can keep his Nostanking abilities from falling off, if you are willing to spend the resources getting him some of those skills.

Beruka's kinda like Ruby. She's not bad, per se, but she's outclassed.

Beruka's access to Berserker  is an interesting niche she can jump through to avoid that. Its more of a mid to endgame solution to that problem but an interesting one. Plus the Wyvern classline is useful enough to warrant a second on some teams, and she requires no resources to be used as such.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

None of the Conquest points were absolutes, but you have to admit the the royals have the bases (except Elise, who's the only default non-servant healer in Conquest and who has plenty of levels to grow), all have workable skills and DV access is a boon on it's own.

People like to gloss over the drawbacks of the Royals a lot. Xander has the big glaring one in his speed, which requires some in demand resources to fix. I talked a little about Leo already above. Camilla is probably the best of the royals (personally I think Elise can surpass her if you really know how to use her personal skill, but the skill barrier for that is high for that, especially when compared to one of the easiest to use units in the game), but the meme about her falling off hold some truth to it, as by the endgame most of your trained units will outclass her (although she usually isn't bad enough to bench even then). As for Elise, she is the only unit that needs to promote or class change to attack, and she ends up with the same min-maxing stat spread as Nyx in most cases.

Sweet, we're bracers now. Let's go tell Dad the good news. I hope he lives long enough for us to make it back!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>38 Status effects

JQxOI2s.png

I am starting to feel this developer is like Kaga on Steroids

Batrified sounds awesome.

SKY ENDGAME SPOILERS

Spoiler

I am waiting to see Ruben's reaction to Cassius lmao

The most Badass Dad in fiction

COLD STEEL SPOILERS

Spoiler

So badass, he got the Erebonia's Soldies to follow him lmao

"That boy, Luke, he's always trying to pick a fight with me..."

Estelle, literally everyone in town is constantly trying to pick a fight with you. Seriously, the game so far has consisted entirely of everyone bullying Estelle for anything and everything. Can someone bully Joshua for being a bore for a change, please?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SKY ENDGAME SPOILERS

Already? Well, I won't pry, but... I sure hope you're not laughing about how I'm completely wrong and Dad's going to be the secret protagonist or something.

Actually, that'd be super cool. But nah, my money's on dead. Dead, or traitor. Traitor would be my secondary bet. But dead is the more likely outcome, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SKY ENDGAME SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

I am waiting to see Ruben's reaction to Cassius lmao

The most Badass Dad in fiction

COLD STEEL SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

So badass, he got the Erebonia's Soldies to follow him lmao

Spoiler

Ikr. Cassius is what, the most powerful character in Trails, I'd guess?

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, there we go! By Atlus, eh?
That makes it worth trying out. I tend to really like their games, and my personal favorite SRPG was also made by them.

Published by Atlus, during the GBA-DS eras, they seem to have dabbled in publishing the works of small developers. The game was actually developed by the wholly separate company called Sting. Gungnir is part of their oddly-named "Department Heaven" series of RPGs, which ultimately died after four entries (Riviera, Yggdra Union, Knights in the Nightmare, Gungnir) and a few spinoffs. All of them are at least a little unusual, and likely an acquired taste, though I do like their artstyle.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

Ikr. Cassius is what, the most powerful character in Trails, I'd guess?

Spoiler

not the most powerful, since powerlevels are super whack now, but he is like, one of 4 S-class Bracers

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All of them are at least a little unusual,

a little is an understatement XD

That reminds me how Yggdra Union is in the Google Play store... in Japanese.

Like, why is there no English version on sale!? But well, better than having the Japanese one only sold in Japan...

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy Christ, the difficulty on this game, though. I only picked hard, not nightmare! I overestimated these two morons, they get 2shot by everything.

nVYV5xH.png

You know, I'm pretty sure Estelle could've handled a single monster that moves really slowly. Still, it's as good a time as any for Dad to make his dramatic entrance.

And probably get killed immediately afterwards. We'll see.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Best FE right there.

...Christ.

All right, a job well done, it's time to get home, cook dinner and have our 8 hours of sleep.

...I hope Dad doesn't die in his sleep-- Okay, okay, I'll stop.