• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Happy birthday @Wraith!

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You know you can quartz Joshua into full caster when needed, right? Not as strong as Kloe or Olivier, but should be workable.

That, and Chaos Brand goes Brrr

Yes, which is why I said sort of. But even he just would not do that much damage, but like every battle he was the MVP anyway.

And Chaos Brand didn’t work, it would just say resist.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And Chaos Brand didn’t work, it would just say resist.

here's the trick: Chaos Brand the minions, not the boss

Edited by Shrimperor

Finished three of the four towers so far, and those boss battles were hell (no sleep resist on the 3rd one at first so i threw that game, haha.)

Also bosses throwing in the heavy hits at around 6-7,000 damage, nice.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Finished three of the four towers so far, and those boss battles were hell (no sleep resist on the 3rd one at first so i threw that game, haha.)

Also bosses throwing in the heavy hits at around 6-7,000 damage, nice.

Edited by Shrimperor

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

here's the trick: Chaos Brand the minions, not the boss

The minions? I was fine with them, they died in like two white ghenneas 😎

The problem was that the boss has 8000 HP and my post powerful art, white Gehenna, would only do like 300-400 damage while the boss spammed heals of 800ish HP.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The minions? I was fine with them, they died in like two white ghenneas 😎

The problem was that the boss has 8000 HP and my post powerful art, white Gehenna, would only do like 300-400 damage while the boss spammed heals of 800ish HP.

You confuse the minions -> They attack the boss along you. You deal much more damage that way.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You confuse the minions -> They attack the boss along you. You deal much more damage that way.

Oh.

Well, I managed without them. The fight is already done.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I came for the gameplay, I swear.

I mean, came as in, "arrived to a place", not as in... you know... uhh...

...look, a distraction!

image0.png

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fateful Confrontation, in 8bit/16bit style. Interesting.

Happy Birthday @Wraith!

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

SVT271p.png

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

image0.png

Oh, sure, of course. Everyone just comes out of the woodwork to react when I say something even slightly inappropriate. Hmph...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, sure, of course. Everyone just comes out of the woodwork to react when I say something even slightly inappropriate. Hmph...

To be fair, you could've just said "I came for the gameplay" and I wouldn't even have made the connection. xD

The only good thing about Revelations is that you get nearly everyone, minus Yukimura (and what a sorry Yukimura this is), Izana and Scarlet.
Well, you do get Scarlet, buuuut...

But otherwise, there is absolutely no point to that route, because you have very limited deployment slots meaning that the number of units you could potentially get is rendered completely moot, and the game basically forces you to use the Royals anyway, because Dragon Veins. And I utterly despise the Royals (and that blue-haired b**** that follows you around, too).
Also, the maps are complete garbage, and the enemies are an inconvenience more than anything else. This is what happens if someone asked the question "what if you had to fight the map instead?". It's fucking stupid.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Watching a Revelations stream right now. Does Rev really just... reuse the Gunter map from Conquest, except you have a full army instead? That's kinda lazy...

It does, but I kinda like that. The super harsh deployment limit on the Conquest version has such a large impact on that map, that getting the chance to play that gimmick/map with a full army is a different experience.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The only good thing about Revelations is that you get nearly everyone, minus Yukimura (and what a sorry Yukimura this is), Izana and Scarlet.

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Scarlet and Izana just... randomly die for no reason at all. Which sucks, because Scarlet is cool and Izana is the best waifu.

Yukimura's the incomprehensible one, from what I heard. Doesn't he just, sort of appear in a cutscene and then is promptly forgotten by the game? Such a shame, too, the man's design is so cool.

But otherwise, there is absolutely no point to that route, because you have very limited deployment slots meaning that the number of units you could potentially get is rendered completely moot

Sooo FE12?

I utterly despise the Royals

What do you mean? I mean, they're such wonderful people! How can you not like them? You have so many great folks to pick from: Jail bait, big tiddy psychopath, frowning morron whose retainer is another psychopath and the worst father in Fire Emblem who is playable!

...If you took a look at my Conquest team, you might've noticed I didn't have a single one of them. Fuck them. Senno is the real hero of Fateslandia.

(and that blue-haired b**** that follows you around, too).

She's a necessary evil, I'm afraid. Early joining refresher isn't something I'm about to disregard, no matter her character.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It does, but I kinda like that. The super harsh deployment limit on the Conquest version has such a large impact on that map, that getting the chance to play that gimmick/map with a full army is a different experience.

Yeah, that much is true. Though personally, I do like how the map gives Gunter a chance to show off. The man is so utterly screwed otherwise, it's nice that they threw him a bone.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that much is true. Though personally, I do like how the map gives Gunter a chance to show off. The man is so utterly screwed otherwise, it's nice that they threw him a bone.

True, it really is his time to shine...This is a little random, but that does remind me of something, was Edgiest Ka a Witch by that chapter, as the Warp skill hilariously breaks the gimmick of that map.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

True, it really is his time to shine...This is a little random, but that does remind me of something, was Edgiest Ka a Witch by that chapter, as the Warp skill hilariously breaks the gimmick of that map.

Nah, she was still an onmyoji. It was after Shura and Felicia joined that I changed her to witch, prior to that she was the team healer as well as the team nuke.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Scarlet and Izana just... randomly die for no reason at all. Which sucks, because Scarlet is cool and Izana is the best waifu.

Izana's death scene is so stupid, it's hilarious.
And Scarlet, well... yeah, randomly for no reason is a good way of putting it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yukimura's the incomprehensible one, from what I heard. Doesn't he just, sort of appear in a cutscene and then is promptly forgotten by the game? Such a shame, too, the man's design is so cool.

His design's the only good thing about him, I'm afraid.
As for his appearance on the route, well, he is the boss of that route's Chapter 8, so he's got that going for him. Maybe.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What do you mean? I mean, they're such wonderful people! How can you not like them? You have so many great folks to pick from: Jail bait, big tiddy psychopath, frowning morron whose retainer is another psychopath and the worst father in Fire Emblem who is playable!

Wonderful indeed!
Though Mr. Lobster almost rivals worst playable dad in terms of how shitty a father he is.
Any parent who resorts to physical violence towards their child is a shitty one in my book.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...If you took a look at my Conquest team, you might've noticed I didn't have a single one of them. Fuck them.

I did! And I liked that! xD
I didn't use any of them, either.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's a necessary evil, I'm afraid. Early joining refresher isn't something I'm about to disregard, no matter her character.

You're sadly right. It's why she is easily my least favorite character in all of Fire Emblem.
On top of her being constantly shoved in your face.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wonderful indeed!
Though Mr. Lobster almost rivals worst playable dad in terms of how shitty a father he is.
Any parent who resorts to physical violence towards their child is a shitty one in my book.

...Ryoma is almost on par with Mr. "I'll tell my son he's a disgrace to his face because I don't like the way he dresses, and then I'll hesitate to rescue him from brigands who at best will sell him off as a slave"?

Wow.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You're sadly right. It's why she is easily my least favorite character in all of Fire Emblem.
On top of her being constantly shoved in your face.

I can see how you'd dislike her for it, yeah. I mean, as a unit I love her. Probably my favorite refresher in the series. Comes super early and gets other forms of utility, which is... All you need on a dancer, really. But if you hate her character, it'd be quite infuriating how vital she is...

Also, I like her design, but that's a subjective matter.

Okay, so Youtube just randomly decided to recommend me the full scene of the "pink girl with D-Pads on her hair says oh my how lewd and then giggles weirdly" meme.

I think I'm more confused now.