• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

You liking FE12 so much is starting to make so much sense, now, what with the customizable hats. \

Damn, you're right. It all makes sense now...!

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Speaking of, I'm surprised they never really did hats again. Corrin already kills a lot of scenes, why can't he have a funny hat while doing so?

I mean, Fates did accessories. I can tell you Leo was way improved when I shoved his head in a faceless mask.

And Disc 2 is done. Took a break after that appropriately dramatic finish, Kuja had to steal the show. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I do get a sense of a parallel with VIII, which intended to end every disc in a Sorceress battle, but juuuuuuust barely couldn't make it work on Disc 3 and had to shift its Sorceress encounter to the very start of Disc 4. And yet, I haven't fought Mr. Might Makes Right once despite the game making me think I was about to. This is peculiar given the aforementioned Sorceresses, and the periodic Jenova battles in VII, and Seymour JUST DIE ALREADY AND STAY DEAD!. A full sequential quartet of FFs, all partaking of strong villain encounter narrative repetition. 

Amarant is the last guy's name? He looks like he'll pack a punch. Steiner is back too, so my physical options are growing again. It took about half the game, but I can finally select my team members, so I took Garnet out before heading to the Iifa Tree again -her healing is inferior to Eiko, and I prefer Vivi as my offensive spellcaster- in order to start teach the Flaming Amaretto stuff. Zidane's Sacrifice + Garnet/Eiko's Life or Quina's Auto-Life + Amarant's Chakra or Freya's White Draw look to be an infinite MP loop, I used Sacrifice once and it fully restored everyone else's MP. This is pretty good.

I am somewhat concerned about the game's length. Swapping to Disc 3 this soon... if Disc 4 is as short as VIII's, that doesn't bode well. I take it this all depends on whether Square binged on ending CGI again.

41 minutes ago, Spara said:

Speaking of, I'm surprised they never really did hats again. Corrin already kills a lot of scenes, why can't he have a funny hat while doing so?

The accessories in fe fates are mostly the same thing, I think some of them might be hats?

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The accessories in fe fates are mostly the same thing, I think some of them might be hats?

You can put a horrendously out-of-place armored shell on people's heads. Or you can equip various hairpieces that are barely noticeable.

Mijt5foj o

I think this is the best use of the mechanic, frankly.

'Morning, everyone!

I got my first 'Rona vaccine today! Hooray!

Anyhow, what'd I miss?

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amarant is the last guy's name? He looks like he'll pack a punch. Steiner is back too, so my physical options are growing again. It took about half the game, but I can finally select my team members, so I took Garnet out before heading to the Iifa Tree again -her healing is inferior to Eiko, and I prefer Vivi as my offensive spellcaster- in order to start teach the Flaming Amaretto stuff. Zidane's Sacrifice + Garnet/Eiko's Life or Quina's Auto-Life + Amarant's Chakra or Freya's White Draw look to be an infinite MP loop, I used Sacrifice once and it fully restored everyone else's MP. This is pretty good.

Amarant can do some pretty fun stuff especially in trance.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can put a horrendously out-of-place armored shell on people's heads. Or you can equip various hairpieces that are barely noticeable.

Mijt5foj o

I think this is the best use of the mechanic, frankly.

I bet they looked even better in models from your bugquest run.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning, everyone!

I got my first 'Rona vaccine today! Hooray!

Congratulations! I wanted to get mine, but first two people I live with got Covid symptoms (they tested negative though) and the next time we tried they ran out of doses, so that didn’t work out.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyhow, what'd I miss?

Draggy is now TeeheeFlames, the dragon who teehees fire, after “reverse psychology” from Shrimpy, who then became TeeheeEmperor and now Twilit is teeheefalchion.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have finished.

But i gotta get ready for work so expect my review later tonight.

*angry Shrimpy noises*

3 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Oh, you played Cold Steel IV?

How could I miss it...

Well, congrats then!

Guess it's my fault not really checking out this place anymore...

To be fair, I didn't talk about it too much. Mainly because you really can't without spoiling everything.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

*angry Shrimpy noises*

Shrimpy please don't snap my neck.

Right I never gave my opinion on some stuff in Trails the 3rd.

Gameplay was amazing: only one boss gave me troubles and that was

Spoiler

The one where you get Kloe back. 10,000 damage was a bit too much imo.

Music was Trails tier ofc.

Storyline was actually pretty good, there were some things I think needed more closure though. I won't spoil anything though. 

Balance... wasnt great though. Some characters are clearly way too good to compare to. Time Quartz was way busted in this game. If you think it's good in FC and SC? The 3rd turns it up about three notches by making pretty much every enemy weak to time!

9/10 easily. 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

If you think it's good in FC and SC? The 3rd turns it up about three notches by making pretty much every enemy weak to time!

Meanwhile, Arts in the Crossbell game kinda suck.

At least in my experience they did. I've confused Trails fans by saying this so I feel like played an alternate version of the game because I swear Arts were ass when I played through Crossbell.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be fair, I didn't talk about it too much. Mainly because you really can't without spoiling everything.

It's fine, I haven't done it either, mainly for the same reason, but also not to cause any salt here for me adoring this game.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least in my experience they did. I've confused Trails fans by saying this so I feel like played an alternate version of the game because I swear Arts were ass when I played through Crossbell.

I'm not really saying it to point out a balance issue, merely to say that your opinions are kinda limited to using Time arts all the time cause its strictly superior. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It really has been a year since XenoblaDE came out huh.

Obligatory Xeno fan celebration! Xd I'm in.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shrimpy please don't snap my neck.

I wouldn't want to land in prison because of an abomination, so you're safe 😛

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Then you were 100% doing something wrong.

Arts are amazing in Crossbell, especially with the introduction of Bells

13 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

but also not to cause any salt here for me adoring this game

I know this is likely directed at me, but i don't cause salt honestly unless mentioned, asked about my opinion or the thread is being dominated by trails and i am in the discussion. If someone is having fun with CS (like Armagon was for the last few weeks) i just ignore the stuff so to not ruin anyone's fun.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

only one boss gave me troubles and that was

Play Nightmare 😛

Edited by Teeheemperor