Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

I know this is likely directed at me, but i don't cause salt honestly unless mentioned, asked about my opinion or the thread is being dominated by trails and i am in the discussion. If someone is having fun with CS (like Armagon was for the last few weeks) i just ignore the stuff so to not ruin anyone's fun.

I didn't want to blame you or anyone else here to make things clear. However I saw the criticism to the game's plot which made me uncomfortable to post in here. It wouldn't have mattered anyways since no one else played, at least finished, this game, so I only would have done a monolog.

Aside of that weather became nice finally again. And even better I can leave my country again. I haven't been in the Netherlands for about 1.5 years. I'm really excited again to cycle there without being worried anything covid related.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

In today's edition of "someone posts something about a game that isn't Trails in the Teehee thread and thus everyone ignores it"...

0pyqbghr o

Is it just me or does this guy look a lot like Shaggy? Like, the asshole version of Shaggy. I always got that impression, but I've never been sure if it's just my brain working in mysterious ways or what.

Eh, one gets used to it.

*remembers his Ace Combat PS2 trilogy narration*

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it just me or does this guy look a lot like Shaggy? Like, the asshole version of Shaggy. I always got that impression, but I've never been sure if it's just my brain working in mysterious ways or what.

Maybe it's Count Norville "The Shaggy" Rogers of Rutland.

10 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Then you were 100% doing something wrong

What's funny is that even on my second run, I still felt Arts were kinda lackluster.

Specifically offensive Arts, Support Arts actually saw a lot of use from me. I cheesed Zero's final boss with the Arts Reflect one.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ca5ad4b950dda0e9bd

The ocean is weird.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, the asshole version of Shaggy.

That exists. There was an era where Shaggy wore a red shirt and he was aggressive for no reason.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In today's edition of "someone posts something about a game that isn't Trails in the Teehee thread and thus everyone ignores it"...

Sorry about that if it's my fault. 

I dont mean to say that other games arent worth interest. I just prefer talking about games I actually know a decent amount about.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe it's Count Norville "The Shaggy" Rogers of Rutland.

I mean, he is a noble. That works.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That exists. There was an era where Shaggy wore a red shirt and he was aggressive for no reason.

You know, that's... oddly appropriate for Ludin. Guy's a stuck-up, spoiled, high-and-mighty, self-centered fucking dipshit.

He's also my favorite character in Banner Saga, but I digress.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry about that if it's my fault. 

I dont mean to say that other games arent worth interest. I just prefer talking about games I actually know a decent amount about.

Pffft, come now, don't take it the wrong way. It happens. Trails is a series most people in the thread enjoy - I mean heck, the thread itself was born from a Trails joke. It's no wonder people talk about it more than other games. Us outsiders'll just have to deal with it, I'm afraid.

Just now, Benice said:

LET'S GOOOO

@Saint Rubenio

I BEAT A SHAKEDOWN WITH BEAST

Shit, way to go, Benice! I tried once and... Ehh, it was not pretty.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, the shirt was red. Should be self-explanatory.

That or it made him three times faster.

Just now, Armagon said:

The ocean is weird.

Which is why it's lovable. Unless you happen to "bump" into the weird stuff. 

As for what that thing is- a Peacock Mantis Shrimp, taken from Wikipedia:

"It is reported to have a "punch" of over 50 miles per hour (80 km/h), the fastest recorded punch of any living animal. The acceleration is similar to that in a .22 LR bullet fired from a handgun (accelerations of over 100,000 m/s2 or 330,000 ft/s2, and speeds of over 20 m/s or 66 ft/s), with each strike packing 1,500 N (340 lbf) of force."

For the record, I was making a reference to this:

5wnj24o63wi31.jpg

From CK2's After the End Fan Fork mod.

Also, yes, that's a legit event in there. Mod comes with quite a few Easter Eggs.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

5wnj24o63wi31.jpg

Also, yes, that's a legit event in there. Mod comes with quite a few Easter Eggs.

Zoinks intensifies

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

5wnj24o63wi31.jpg

Beauty incarnate.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0pyqbghr o

I am not seeing it.

(Also, asshole Shaggy?)

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

5wnj24o63wi31.jpg

Are the other three in the game?

I know enough about the mod to not be so surprised, it's the mod with Batman after all.

4 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

It was something @Emperor_Siegfried suggested a while back, that I change my username to that on an April Fool's Day. I'm fairly sure he was kidding, but I went through with it anyway. xD

Can confirm.

Ballz-Deap69forreal

Not sure if anybody here was on Deviantart back in 2008, but I just remembered the whole Mudkip avatar change and just tried to think of some similar event that could happen here.  I still think it should be done.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Are the other three in the game?

I know enough about the mod to not be so surprised, it's the mod with Batman after all.

Yes, it's a full branching event chain. The other three show up too (Scooby too, as you may have noticed from the Friends section), though they begin as courtiers. Shaggy is the only one there at game start, and thus the only one who is a ruler by default.

Haha, indeed. Him, Jack Sparrow, Scott Pilgrim, and plenty more I don't remember. And the last big update for the CK2 version will add at least a couple more.

Too bad the CK2 version of the mod is reaching the end its official development. They'll be focusing more on working with the CK3 version of the mod after that. Any more from the CK2 will be fan forks of the fan fork.

I've started my 7th run of Berwick. Leon disappointed me immediately in the first map by breaking his iron spear on green on turn 9, but then he made up for it by getting HP/DEF/Spear on his first level. Dean already has 10 kills after 1-1, and Christine also had a good start. 

Reese also managed to cripple a guy in 1-m by dealing 3 damage with a Shortsword. Good job, buddy.

@Maof06  ready for Kino?

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's funny is that even on my second run, I still felt Arts were kinda lackluster.

Specifically offensive Arts

Maybe your equipment or something?

Like, Yeah 100% evasion Lloyd is op and all, but he can never match the DPS of Tio, especially not against group enemies

Edited by Teeheemperor

Good old Leon. Deathmatch is nice but stabbings things a lot of course also means you wear down your gear quickly.
al2.jpg

Anyway, if I make excessive use of spears, I do like to spend a few charges of the Repair Stone on them, since it can restore them all the way from red durability with just one charge.

Edited by BrightBow

18 minutes ago, Spara said:

I've started my 7th run of Berwick. Leon disappointed me immediately in the first map by breaking hisiron spear on green on turn 9, but then he made up for it by getting HP/DEF/Spear on his first level. Dean already has 10 kills after 1-1, and Christine also had a good start. 

Not bad! Good luck with the run!

18 minutes ago, Spara said:

Reese also managed to cripple a guy in 1-m by dealing 3 damage with a Shortsword. Good job, buddy.

I really have to wonder why Reese starts with those swords. Ward can make far better use of them. For Reese... Well, I suppose they work as a makeshift Mercy for a while?

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

al2.jpg

This is such a good representation of the both of them.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, his expression just screams "I'm a dick", doesn't it?

I don't know which Shaggy's an asshole.

Also, I've seen bigger assholes.