• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Did your choices matter in those games?

They affect what events you can see, which sometimes include characters arcs conclusions.

They also made the MC a freaking blackhole that sucks up everything. More Black Hole-ish than Corrin.

And then in the following arc stuff get's reset because not everything carries over lol.

Like stuff you chose in Xbell doesn't matter because there's no way for the CS games to read save file. It was the same thing between CS2 and 3 where 3 pretended like final events in 2 didn't happen lmao

Fucking shitty mechanic

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tactics Ogre

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If handled the right way, it can be. (Tactics Ogre does a fine job, imo)

I should try that one some time. At the same time it's by squeenix, and i never liked a game of theirs xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Choices in a long-running series is a risky move, because the writers tend to get cornered by their own story and are forced to either set canon choices (which sucks) or write some deus ex machina or three to railroad all the paths to the same conclusion (which also sucks).

yup

There's also a 3rd option (which also sucks): None of the choices are canon.

Fourth Option (which is awesome): All choices are canon, even if they contradict each other.

*laughs in Daggerfall*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

I should try that one some time. At the same time it's by squeenix, and i never liked a game of theirs xD

I tried out the PSP version. I got bored. Been meaning to try the fanmade patch, One Vision, at some point. It's so good and notorious that people consider it its own version of the game when asking the typical "should I play this version or that version of this game" question.

3 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

There's also a 3rd option (which also sucks): None of the choices are canon.

...Wait, how does that happen?

...Wait, how does that happen?

The game just pretends a certain event didn't happen.

And the choices being glorified Harem choices anyway lol. Except when they lock character arc conclusions behind them which pissed me off to no end.

Edited by Teeheemperor

Just now, Teeheemperor said:

The game just pretends a certain event didn't happen

Nice.

Again, the hallmark of any good story game. Only bad ones do meaningful choices. After all, popularity equals quality, and David Cage's games are very popular!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nice.

Again, the hallmark of any good story game. Only bad ones do meaningful choices. After all, popularity equals quality, and David Cage's games are very popular!

This is perfection, I don’t know what you mean.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is perfection, I don’t know what you mean.

Ahahahahah... Okay, look, I will fully admit that I consider Heavy Rain to be my guilty pleasure. It's such a fucking shitshow, I love it to pieces. Not enough to purchase it on Steam, because I don't want Cage to have my money, but I love it.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Judging by the excessive amount of sexual assault scenes, Cage is basically French Kaga.

Well, no. Kaga is capable of making good games. Great games, even! Cage is a failure of a filmmaker that resorted to making glorified movies and calling them games in an attempt to make them seem more appealing to an unfamiliar market that wouldn't be able to tell so easily that his storytelling and directing are complete garbage.

And the worst part is, it worked. Sigh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Beyond Two Souls was particular blatant in how he just wanted to put Eliot Page in a whole bunch of different scenarios and didn't care that those scenes weren't part of a greater narrative.
But the way these scenes manage to clash despite those nonsensical jumps in the timeline is just amazing. We jump from Ryan ripping a crying teenage Jodie from her home (while also being an unemphatic bastard about that whole thing) to be trained to become a weapon for the military straight to Jodie preparing for a date with Ryan several years later.
Even better: That's Ryan's first scene too.
Well, technically his second. He was also Jodie's drill sergeant during her military training (as I said, the time jumps just make no sense), but at the point he might as well have been an extra since all he does is shouting orders. You could replace him with any generic drill sergeant. You're likely not even going to realize on your first run that it's the same guy.

Edited by BrightBow

Probably because he deserves it.

Yeah, but why? Wikipedia doesn't have anything noteworthy on it other than the fact that several of his games are rated very highly.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Beyond Two Souls was particular blatant in how he just wanted to put Eliot Page in a whole bunch of different scenarios and didn't care that those scenes weren't part of a greater narrative.
But even with those nonsensical jumps in the timeline, the way these scenes clash is just amazing. We jump from Ryan ripping a crying teenage Jodie from her home (while also being an unemphatic bastard about that whole thing) to be trained to become a weapon for the military straight to Jodie preparing for a date with Ryan several years later.
Even better: That's Ryan's first scene too.
Well, technically his second. He was also Jodie's drill sergeant during her military training (as I said, the time jumps just make no sense), but at the point he might as well be just an extra since all he does is shouting orders. You could replace him with any generic drill sergeant. You're likely not even going to realize on your first run that it's the same guy.

I don't think I heard a thing about this game before.

Well, that's certainly something in terms of plotting.

Something that is causing my eyes to glaze over.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but why? Wikipedia doesn't have anything noteworthy on it other than the fact that several of his games are rated very highly.

The way he treats women in his """"""""games""""""" is really disgusting, he's a pretentious shitbag that thinks he's really deep when he says stuff like "game overs are a failure of the developer" when his glorified movies are barely games at all (he seems to think that's a good thing, somehow), and he can't write a story to save his sorry life, so all of his """""""""""games"""""""""" are filled with plotholes, messages conveyed with the subtlety of Rubenio discussing his distaste for Three Houses and just generally terrible dialogue and direction.

All in all, not a great individual. Personally, I believe that the notoriety he and his games enjoy is vastly undeserved, but well, life isn't fair, we all knew that already.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

57 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

...No comment

This must be that "alignment chart" that they mentioned earlier.

Yeaaaaaah, i don't know about this one chief. Actually having different story paths in Trails seems like it'll derail very quickly.

Anyways

IMG_20210529_161415.jpg

I can finally get my revenge and punch Jack in the face for making me play that shitty-ass gambling mini-game in Sky 3rd.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can finally get my revenge and punch Jack in the face for making me play that shitty-ass gambling mini-game in Sky 3rd.

He does look like a depressed old man who didn't get his Waifu in the Orbment gacha in that pic lmao