Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The worst part is that, if Connor has turned deviant, he can actually take over and become leader in Markus's place... Except SIKE David Cage pulls a deus ex machina out of his ass and decides that Connor was under Cyberlife's control the whole time. In the good ending, with Markus alive and all, he gets the option to break out of it. If Markus is dead, for no reason at all, he can't do it. He can only kill himself or play along and doom the revolution.

Thanks, Dave. Real cool.

This isn’t a deus ex machina, but if Markus dies Kara is also locked out of her best ending (her only everyone survives ending) because North and not the player chooses the violent path and the player absolutely no matter what has to know that violence bad.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I kinda like Detroit and Heavy Rain.

Why Takumi's maps are the best ones?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know, seems kind of funny to me.

Oh, dont' get me wrong, I find it absolutely hilarious. I've been laughing at it for years. I took to calling the villain "the Magical Fatso", because magic is the only way he could possibly have pulled off all the things the story likes to pretend he does. But that doesn't make it any less shameful.

The only thing it fails at is the allegory, and it fails hard, but that’s not integral to the story.

I mean, it's pretty damn bad to fail at the allegory when the allegory is the whole story. It's the most basic template of a story otherwise.

I never interpreted it that way because Cage has like three games and wasn’t “big” until DBH, and even then I’m not sure how “big”.

Wrong. He was big way before DBH. Just because you didn't know him (or everyone else in this thread, for that matter) doesn't mean he wasn't notorious. Heavy Rain, for instance, sold millions of copies and was nominated for multiple awards. Everyone and their mom did a Let's Play of it back in the day. He has been "big" for a long time now.

And it is entirely undeserved.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This isn’t a deus ex machina, but if Markus dies Kara is also locked out of her best ending (her only everyone survives ending) because North and not the player chooses the violent path and the player absolutely no matter what has to know that violence bad.

Nice. Thanks a lot, Dave.

Just now, Maof06 said:

I mean, you do you. A lot of people agree with you.

That being said... why?

Just now, Maof06 said:

Why Takumi's maps are the best ones?

Because Betrayal Best Boy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

I mean, I like Detroit. Don’t know much about Heavy Rain though.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heavy Rain, for instance, sold millions of copies and was nominated for multiple awards.

Oh, did it? Well then.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone and their mom did a Let's Play of it back in the day. He has been "big" for a long time now.

Wait, when was back in the day?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, dont' get me wrong, I find it absolutely hilarious. I've been laughing at it for years. I took to calling the villain "the Magical Fatso", because magic is the only way he could possibly have pulled off all the things the story likes to pretend he does. But that doesn't make it any less shameful.

Make what less shameful?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The worst part is that, if Connor has turned deviant, he can actually take over and become leader in Markus's place... Except SIKE David Cage pulls a deus ex machina out of his ass and decides that Connor was under Cyberlife's control the whole time. In the good ending, with Markus alive and all, he gets the option to break out of it. If Markus is dead, for no reason at all, he can't do it. He can only kill himself or play along and doom the revolution.

Thanks, Dave. Real cool.

That one is so unnecessary too.

I mean, of course Cyberlife would have an overwrite for the android they are specifically using to investigate why androids are going out of control. That makes perfect sense as a precaution. But rather then them simply grasping an opportunity, it's played as "This was our plan all along. Muhahahaha!"
That's just absurd.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you do you. A lot of people agree with you.

That being said... why?

Heavy Rain has some interesting and thought-prokoving scenes (The Shark and The Lizard for example) and I like to hunt androids with Connor. Markus and Kara's storylines suck, though.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That one is so unnecessary too.

I mean, of course Cyberlife would have an overwrite for the android they are specifically using to investigate why androids are going out of control. That makes perfect sense as a precaution. But rather then them simply grasping an opportunity, it's played as "This was our plan all along. Muhahahaha!"
That's just absurd.

Depending on your choices, when Connor infiltrates Cyberlife tower the guards will shoot Connor, not immediately when he first sees them so they couldn’t have seen him and decided their stock of androids there was too big a price to pay, but they will also only send armed guards after him a second time if he didn’t disable the security camera on the elevator before beginning his attack, but they always send the other Connor down there no matter what, and he has the jump on him and has a gun but doesn’t just shoot him, so yeah, totally your plan guys.

I didn’t mean did that to sound so negative and ranty, I really don’t think the game is awful.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never interpreted it that way because Cage has like three games and wasn’t “big” until DBH, and even then I’m not sure how “big”. If your platform doesn’t exist, trying to be progressive doesn’t really matter.

I would argue Heavy Rain was a pretty big deal at the time it came out.

It certainly had a big hype trail behind it, it was pushed a ton in the buildup to it's launch.

1 hour ago, Teeheemperor said:

I should try that one some time. At the same time it's by squeenix, and i never liked a game of theirs xD

If you like difficult strategy games, I would say that it's good for you. It does kinda have alot of bullshit, though. Character recruitments are dumb af. The player would never know half the stuff you need to to recruit units.

pHviWuu.png

MVP card is here!

Wait...

>Girl in chains....

Was that Card made by Kaga?

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you like difficult strategy games, I would say that it's good for you. It does kinda have alot of bullshit, though. Character recruitments are dumb af. The player would never know half the stuff you need to to recruit units.

didn't it have some kinda mechanic like an attack could miss and hit your allies or something?

3 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

pHviWuu.png

MVP card is here!

Wait...

>Girl in chains....

Was that Card made by Kaga?

Nessiah mentored by Kaga confirmed.

8 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

didn't it have some kinda mechanic like an attack could miss and hit your allies or something?

Not that I know of. I just thought that I would give a fair warning, it has some poorly designed stuff. Another one, it's kinda slow. As in, it plays slow.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Not that I know of. I just thought that I would give a fair warning, it has some poorly designed stuff. Another one, it's kinda slow. As in, it plays slow.

...Maybe some other time xD

I having quite a bit of fun with Union games atm. They do have their cryptic stuff yeah, but it's kinda done in a fun way haha

Mostly