Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why? You don't have to be sorry for feeling hurt, we all go through it, i know i have. I don't mind you sharing your feelings, positive or negative - i'm listening either way.

Thank you. That means a lot.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

It's been a while since I've been this pissed off. Not at my grandmother, of course.

Jikes... That's pretty damn awful. I hope the matter is resolved without further hiccups.

55 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Just got back from helping grandma deal with some paperwork.

It's been a while since I've been this pissed off. Not at my grandmother, of course.
It's not her fault the health care refuses to care about health. Or that they don't give a shit that people might be dealing with grief over losing a loved one. And then send you letters demanding you deliver them documents you cannot get without jumping through hoops within a nigh impossible timeframe, so that they may consider helping you out financially... with stuff you told them about MONTHS ago. Just because they are too fucking lazy to just get those documents themselves, which they could very easily do. Easier than us, in fact.

Fuck.
Everything.

Seriously. I am sick and tired of this shit.

Sorry to hear that happening to you and your grandmother, draggy. But i can't say i am surprised. It's the standard german paperwork experience, sadly.

When they need something from you, you gotta do it super fast, if it's the other way around they take their sweet ass time.

And they only get othet stuff from other authorities when they want to fuck you over, if it's something for your benefit you gotta go to 17 different authorities yourself to get the needed stuff. Because finishing stuff online in a fast way is overrated.

I hope i really never land in a situation where i will need to ask the state for help. Paperwork is already hell without it. Especially when you don't fit in the standard 'image'.

25 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Thank you.
And sorry for venting a bit.

Nah, don't be. Venting is good and everyone needs it. Letting everything stay inside is not healthy.

Edited by Teeheemperor

2 hours ago, Teeheemperor said:

Rifle-wielding princess-type character. I'm sold.

Seriously though, character designs are on point.

53 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

It's not her fault the health care refuses to care about health. Or that they don't give a shit that people might be dealing with grief over losing a loved one. And then send you letters demanding you deliver them documents you cannot get without jumping through hoops within a nigh impossible timeframe, so that they may consider helping you out financially... with stuff you told them about MONTHS ago. Just because they are too fucking lazy to just get those documents themselves, which they could very easily do. Easier than us, in fact.

Fuck.
Everything.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you and her.

23 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Thank you.

Like lightcosmo said, please don't apologize for venting. I don't think there's a single person here who minds (I certainly don't) you expressing how you feel about it. I'll gladly listen.

11 minutes ago, teeheefalchion said:

Like lightcosmo said, please don't apologize for venting. I don't think there's a single person here who minds (I certainly don't) you expressing how you feel about it. I'll gladly listen.

11 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Sorry to hear that happening to you and your grandmother, draggy. But i can't say i am surprised. It's the standard german paperwork experience, sadly.

When they need something from you, you gotta do it super fast, if it's the other way around they take their sweet ass time.

And they only get othet stuff from other authorities when they want to fuck you over, if it's something for your benefit you gotta go to 17 different authorities yourself to get the needed stuff. Because finishing stuff online in a fast way is overrated.

I hope i really never land in a situation where i will need to ask the state for help. Paperwork is already hell without it. Especially when you don't fit in the standard 'image'.

Nah, don't be. Venting is good and everyone needs it. Letting everything stay inside is not healthy.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jikes... That's pretty damn awful. I hope the matter is resolved without further hiccups.

@TeeheeFlames Y'see what we all have in common here? We are all here to listen to you, no matter what. Don't go thinking you have to go through this alone! 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh... sorry about that, i just don't personally like KH III's flow an i can forget others don't feel the way i do.

It's alright.

Your comment sounded a bit presumptous to me, that's why my reply was quite direct.

As mentioned before this is pretty much my entrance to the series. From what I've played it looks fun. Sometimes I wished a bit less cutscenes and more gameplay action instead, but what I've played, has been fun so far. It reminds a bit on Ys8, just having more (interesting) special attacks. For an action RPG it offers some nice gameplay.

6 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

It's alright.

Your comment sounded a bit presumptous to me, that's why my reply was quite direct.

As mentioned before this is pretty much my entrance to the series. From what I've played it looks fun. Sometimes I wished a bit less cutscenes and more gameplay action instead, but what I've played, has been fun so far. It reminds a bit on Ys8, just having more (interesting) special attacks. For an action RPG it offers some nice gameplay.

Nah, you're right, it's just hard to change my mindset after KH I and II. 

If your opinion is based around the fact that you havent played them, maybe it's for the best.

Don't get me wrong, it has some things that i can say are stellar (graphics, music, flow, DLC battles) I mean, it was good enough that i poured in effort to 100% the game.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, I'm already halfway through Banner Saga 2, and it'll still take a couple days for you to start, so I don't think there'll be much overlap. Still, I'll be reading your impressions, and if you've any questions, I'll be glad to answer 'em.

Well darn, but thanks.

If you ask me "Ruben will this decision kill someone?"

I would never!

2 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Fuck.
Everything.

I’m sorry you had to deal with that. We had something sort of similar happen with my mom (but not as bad) and in the end, it will have been worth it for financial relief so keep your head up.

2 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Thank you.

As others have said, no one minds you venting! It’s important to do if you feel the need.

1 hour ago, Teeheemperor said:

That’s standard in Germany? Is anyone trying to fix it?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s standard in Germany? Is anyone trying to fix it?

they try to ''fix'' it is by adding even more paperwork

Edited by Teeheemperor

@TeeheeFlames, Can't say much more than what everyone else has on the frustrations of a bureaucracy that seems determined to drag things too far for people when help is needed, not excuses.

I can only hope your grandmother does get that help.

22 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

they try to ''fix'' it is by adding even more paperwork

With a more manageable deadline?

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would never!

No loading either! The best way to experience this trilogy is to bear up and accept the consequences of your actions. I mean, there's like one battle in the entire series that game overs you if you lose, anyway.

3 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Thank you.
I did, I think. With some rather... choice words for those bastards whom you pay horrendous amounts of money your entire life only for them to completely abandon you when you really need them. If we are just a number to them, then they are not humans to me, either.

Yeah, i can relate to this. We end up paying for things only for the companies/government to find a way to worm out of it.

And like others said, don't feel sorry about venting. It's perfectly understandable.

2 hours ago, teeheefalchion said:

Seriously though, character designs are on point.

The MC does look a little bit too edgy (made funnier by the fact that he apparently can't feel pain) but yeah, i do think Arise has some neat character designs.

And i'll actually be able to play because i'll be getting a PS4 hopefully this week but if not, i'll probably have it sometime in June.

That game sounds like hell to someone like me who tries to get everything possible in a game xD

Anyway, since i am in the land of random youtube recs, y'all have to suffer/enjoy with me

*looks at index to see if i should get into it*

Nope.png

Edited by Teeheemperor

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And i'll actually be able to play because i'll be getting a PS4 hopefully this week but if not, i'll probably have it sometime in June.

Hey, nice.

2 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

That game sounds like hell to someone like me who tries to get everything possible in a game xD

You're talking for me? If so (and if not, well, I'm still gonna say it), for me, one of Banner Saga's best parts is how much the games mercilessly let you absolutely fuck everything up. Like, not just in terms of bad endings; there's quite a few ways you can screw up massively along the way. The games don't hold back with their decisions, and I love them for it.

...Though I imagine a completionist would sweat bullets. I mean, the game is rather FE'ish in that you have a big roster but few deployment slots to use them... But unless you follow a guide like a filthy cheater, you'll need those back-up characters, haha.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You're talking for me?

yeah

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

..Though I imagine a completionist would sweat bullets.

Is the feeling i am getting haha.

Like i am not a real completionist, since i tend to avoid annoying stuff if possible for example, but i always try to aim for the 100% (and only succeded like, 2 times so far)

4 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Is the feeling i am getting haha.

Like i am not a real completionist, since i tend to avoid annoying stuff if possible for example, but i always try to aim for the 100% (and only succeded like, 2 times so far)

Yeah, you can't do that here. You have to accept that you're gonna lose people, and items, and stuff. The game autosaves, too. There are some full saves, but they're few and far between, so you'd be wasting a ton of time from your lifespan just to undo a bad choice or three.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game autosaves, too.

Imagine if FE did that after every action.

Yeah ironman exists, but it's a special challenge only some enjoy

23 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Imagine if FE did that after every action.

Yeah ironman exists, but it's a special challenge only some enjoy

In FE, yeah. You can reload maps to face them again in a different way, rethink your strategies and such. Plus, stat progression makes it impossible to replace a unit with someone that joined earlier, so in some games where late joiners are scarce, Ironmanning properly might be far too inconvenient.

In Banner Saga, however, it's (mostly) through your decisions that you lose stuff. Stats progression is also far slower, and characters are automatically levelled up between games if they're underlevelled, so losing a character or two is not so impactful. Besides, resetting in Banner Saga just means clicking through text and redoing battles for 30 minutes. If someone finds that more fun than accepting their blunders, that's fine by me, but personally, I think that just ruins the experience for the sake of having a bunch of faces in the bench.