Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It's been about twos hour, and I still feel full from my lobster tail. For flakey pastry injected with nothing but French (whipped) cream, it sure is filling.

Bakeries are one of humanity's greatest institutions. If you don't feel like buying out half the store when you walk in, then you aren't me.🧁

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

That one was one of the highlights of my search as well, although I’m still undecided because I haven’t been that thorough, yet.

I didn't go overboard with my searching. I don't care that much about the specs, since I don't need nor desire supreme performance for the latest and most demanding of games, that simply isn't me. I'm a Nintendo gamer, that tells you I'm willing to settle for less. And, I recognize every computer is going to have some faults of one kind or another.

-This said, I was told to more carefully preen my selection, because reviews don't always use the bare minimum version of a given model it turns out. So if you aim to cut costs, you may not get exactly what the reviews were telling you.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't go overboard with my searching. I don't care that much about the specs, since I don't need nor desire supreme performance for the latest and most demanding of games, that simply isn't me. I'm a Nintendo gamer, that tells you I'm willing to settle for less. And, I recognize every computer is going to have some faults of one kind or another.

-This said, I was told to more carefully preen my selection, because reviews don't always use the bare minimum version of a given model it turns out. So if you aim to cut costs, you may not get exactly what the reviews were telling you.

This is a good mentality when looking at it the way you are. Me? I could never settle for less. XD I love my expensive computer, haha.

I was thinking about getting a gaming laptop / PC, but thankfully I didn't buy one after all. Mine is still good enough to make flawless streams. If it quits service, then I'd probably invest 1000 € to get one. However as long mine does grant me great service as it does now, there's no reason to do it. Once I'm done with Kirby Fighters 2 and Kingdom Hearts III I can finally fulfill a long existing wish of mine by streaming Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I was thinking about getting a gaming laptop / PC, but thankfully I didn't buy one after all. Mine is still good enough to make flawless streams. If it quits service, then I'd probably invest 1000 € to get one. However as long mine does grant me great service as it does now, there's no reason to do it. Once I'm done with Kirby Fighters 2 and Kingdom Hearts III I can finally fulfill a long existing wish of mine by streaming Radiant Dawn.

You're playing KH III on Steam? How well does it run? 

Also, I noticed KH III had some nice mods that allowed you to get the abilities that they patched in throughout the story. (Normal game only give us you them once you complete the game, at least on PS4)

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

You're playing KH III on Steam? How well does it run? 

Also, I noticed KH III had some nice mods that allowed you to get the abilities that they patched in throughout the story. (Normal game only give us you them once you complete the game, at least on PS4)

I'm using OBS for my streams.

Imo it works well.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I'm using OBS for my streams.

Imo it works well.

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, interesting! Maybe I'll give it a look, see how someone else plays the game! Xd

This it be cool.

Have uploaded two parts yet.

It might go a bit slow since in some situations I just waited for a reaction of the chat not to do a mistake.

Also I already had some fails in the second part.

Also if you really watch it, please deactivate the livechat because there were some weird people in it, at least they did some weird posts.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

I'd wish if KH was put on Steam...

Or put FF I and II, what the heck, they have practically everything from III to XV, but not the first two games?

I just saw someone streaming with a programm of the PS. I didn't even know it's possible to stream directly on the console. I would check it out next time.

My problem with OBS is that I can't hear the sound when I stream. If I unmute, the sound is emitted twice.

Me- *Starts feeling happy, laughing, forgetting certain things.*

Me like 2 hours later- "Why are you happy? Are you insane? This is no time to be happy. The world hasn't changed, it is still DOOMED! Panic! Lament!"

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3301.png?width=769&height=432

Fried Tofu is listed mentioned in EF as Xiaomu's favorite food. It is even the name of one of her Mentalities (think Valkyria Chronicles's Potentials), although the Exceed fan translation names the Mentality "Kitsune Udon" instead for some reason. Apparently, it's because the use of aburaage -fired tofu- is what defines kitsune udon, and the fox-spirits are said to like fried tofu.

Since it seems to be classic common knowledge folklore that kitsune like fried tofu, that would explain why Xiaomu never once actually mentions the stuff in the first EF (I've watched the entire game twice in the past few months -I just finished the second viewing in the past thirty minutes) at least. She doesn't have to, because Japanese folk would already know why she likes it.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

So two of Endless Frontier's villains are just nude women, got it.

Nope! Not from either game. I'm guessing you're thinking that, because it looks like you're at Fujisakura.

...Then why does Wikipedia list them as being from EF? There might've been generic totally forgettable enemies named that when I think about it, but why the heck would they be elevated to something more?

-Maybe b/c both EFs end with all their villains dead for good, no real chance of revival. And unlike some other games in PXZ, Haken & Kaguya come from after their games are finished. So there are no real villains to pull from.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Screenshot_3322.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3323.png?width=769&height=432

These randomly combined quotes will never not be funny.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe b/c both EFs end with all their villains dead for good, no real chance of revival. And unlike some other games in PXZ, Haken & Kaguya come from after their games are finished. So there are no real villains to pull from.

Actually, that seems to be irrelevant. The Sakura Wars people and the .Hack people seem to come from after their games are finished, evident by their surprise when their respective big bads start showing up again even though they should be dead.

So there's nothing stopping the EF big bads from showing up.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope! Not from either game. I'm guessing you're thinking that, because it looks like you're at Fujisakura.

...Then why does Wikipedia list them as being from EF? There might've been generic totally forgettable enemies named that when I think about it, but why the heck would they be elevated to something more?

-Maybe b/c both EFs end with all their villains dead for good, no real chance of revival. And unlike some other games in PXZ, Haken & Kaguya come from after their games are finished. So there are no real villains to pull from.

They are from EXCEED:

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

What are you doing?

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm genuinely curious. How?

I think that my first hour was trying to get the controls all set up as well as getting orbments all sorted, then probably... the next one doing the dungeon, talking to everybody, etc.  Afterwards, I think the mushroom quest took me two or three hours, getting to Bose took me a really long time because I got distracted easily, the farm took me a long time 'cause I couldn't find the NPC I had to talk to there, the manion investigation took me a long time, the heckin' lake took me a long time... Plus, I've done every quest available to me.

Maybe I like my games aged like a fine wine, I dunno.

Erm, been busy all day, so good evening! What did I miss?

58 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I just saw someone streaming with a programm of the PS. I didn't even know it's possible to stream directly on the console. I would check it out next time.

Alas, you need a Capture Card to stream from consoles, to the best of my knowledge.

https://www.elgato.com/en/capture-card-selector

Maybe this link will be helpful for you?

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They are from EXCEED:

Dragon Dominion Tower- The only thing I never got to see. Because it's an NG+ only boss rush dungeon, and guess who no longer has their Exceed save data and would have to replay the entire game again to see it? 😑

Not that it exactly makes you relevant to appear solely no-introduction in a bonus dungeon.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

getting to Bose took me a really long time because I got distracted easily

But like, there's nothing to be distracted by. You're pretty much fast-tracked into that direction.

Just now, Armagon said:

But like, there's nothing to be distracted by.

But there are a lot of side roads, and you never know where chests are...