Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dragon Dominion Tower- The only thing I never got to see. Because it's an NG+ only boss rush dungeon, and guess who no longer has their Exceed save data and would have to replay the entire game again to see it? 😑

Not that it exactly makes you relevant to appear solely no-introduction in a bonus dungeon.

Perhaps they appear somewhere else you're forgetting about? Looking at a walkthrough, they also show up in some Espina Castle, tied to a sidequest.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps they appear somewhere else you're forgetting about? Looking at a walkthrough, they also show up in some Espina Castle, tied to a sidequest.

Oh, the wanted posters. -Except the bounties have zero story attached to them, I hunted them all. So they're still quite the stretch for inclusion. Resurrecting Le Petite Rouge Licker or Holy Polearm Elm Kaiser would've been better choices. Or even the Sixy Lady and Alliterative Fantasyman, who are less spoilery.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, really... there's a place in EF called Abuelita (Spanish for Granny) Castle...?

Yes, in Elfetale, just an ordinary town ran by a wolf-man king, nothing more. Next to Esmeralda Castle, which is a superficial Wizard of Oz reference with the emerald flooring and being owned by an elf girl named Dorothy.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

So i knew Valkyria Chronicles was in this game but why choose the protags from VC3? Especially when the villain they chose is Selvarya from the first game.

Is 3 just more popular in Japan or something?

Edit: ok looks like VC3 was just recent at the time.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i knew Valkyria Chronicles was in this game but why choose the protags from VC3? Especially when the villain they chose is Selvarya from the first game.

Is 3 just more popular in Japan or something?

Recency? I haven't a clue. Looking at Wikipedia on Japanese sales:

• VC1- 142k sold in its release year of 2008.
  • VC2- 94K sold in its release week.
  • VC3- 152k sold in its release year of 2011.

Apparently, characters can swap their class in VCs 2&3, maybe that extra canon gameplay flexibility has something to do with it?

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, in Elfetale, just an ordinary town ran by a wolf-man king, nothing more. Next to Esmeralda Castle, which is a superficial Wizard of Oz reference with the emerald flooring and being owned by an elf girl named Dorothy.

Espina, Esmeralda, Abuelita... don't tell me some Spanish Conquistadors also found themselves at the EF in its backstory. lol

I mean, the crashed Shadow Mirror ship is evidence enough it could've happened...

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Recency? I haven't a clue.

Project X Zone's Japanese release was about one year after VC3 so it's possible.

Otherwise, it would make far more sense to have Welkin and Alicia as the playable VC reps instead, given that they are far more recognizable.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Espina, Esmeralda, Abuelita... don't tell me some Spanish Conquistadors also found themselves at the EF in its backstory. lol

I mean, the crashed Shadow Mirror ship is evidence enough it could've happened...

I believe it was something like 1/5 of all ships in the Age of Exploration that went missing. What do you think happened to them? Waves and storms can't explain all of them.

And you mean the ship that, lacking the actual name, the people of the world call the Mai Tierra? -Whatever language that is, Google Translate doesn't recognize the "Mai" as Spanish.

To be fair, some decisions over the cast could've been over anything.

Like, not complaining, but why someone like Sanger over the more iconic SRW characters if they had to add one? Ryusei, Kyosuke, Masaki... any of them would be more expected.

Or if they added a Tales series, why Vesperia?

And so on.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yuri literally got banned from popularity polls because he kept winning.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This one is readily explicable- the Cult of Yuri. It was well-established by this point, something more recent, namely the Devotion of Milla, probably wasn't deemed concrete enough for it. The Old Aselian Believers (ToP/ToS) and Destiny's Children might've been too dated.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, not complaining, but why someone like Sanger over the more iconic SRW characters if they had to add one? Ryusei, Kyosuke, Masaki... any of them would be more expected.

Masa would've been plenty easy since Zephyr Sword + mini-jet-pods for Kuro and Shiro + prana could've worked. Alfimi was already shown capable of using her Einst powers in on-foot combat, no reason Prana couldn't be used the same, or psychic powers if there was some sort of miniaturized amplifier to explain why Ryusei can't do that normally (if they bothered to have an explanation).

Although, doesn't Sanger use something called the Direct Motion Link System in Dygenguard? Where the robot copies his actual motions? And doesn't the Soulgain have the same feature? If this is the case, then he and Axel are already among the best pre-trained pilots for personnel vs. personnel fighting.

Now Kyosuke would probably be the worst of the three you named. We'd need to strap a downsized Revolver Stake and Claymores on him because he is synonymous with the Alteisen. That is more burdensome and difficult to integrate than fisticuffs, swords, and magical powers, or even downsizing the Degeneration Cannon.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I believe it was something like 1/5 of all ships in the Age of Exploration that went missing. What do you think happened to them? Waves and storms can't explain all of them.

And you mean the ship that, lacking the actual name, the people of the world call the Mai Tierra? -Whatever language that is, Google Translate doesn't recognize the "Mai" as Spanish.

Best I could find is a Mexican song that uses the word Mai. But it's hard to tell what exactly they were meaning with it.

That said, Mai is Aragonese for Mother. Combined with Tierra (Earth), it's clear the ship is called Mother Earth then? Weird they'd use both a Castilian and Aragonese word since it makes for a slight mismatch. But eh, it's more Spanish stuff around in the EF, so I ain't complaining.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Masa would've been plenty easy since Zephyr Sword + mini-jet-pods for Kuro and Shiro + prana could've worked. Alfimi was already shown capable of using her Einst powers in on-foot combat, no reason Prana couldn't be used the same, or psychic powers if there was some sort of miniaturized amplifier to explain why Ryusei can't do that normally.

Although, doesn't Sanger use something called the Direct Motion Link System in Dygenguard? Where the robot copies his actual motions? And doesn't the Soulgain have the same feature? If this is the case, then he and Axel are already among the best pre-trained pilots for personnel vs. personnel fighting.

Now Kyosuke would probably be the worst of the three you named. We'd need to strap a downsized Revolver Stake and Claymores on him because he is synonymous with the Alteisen. That is more burdensome and difficult to integrate than fisticuffs, swords, and magical powers, or even downsizing the Degeneration Cannon.

Yes, Dygenguard, or Dyzengar as I prefer to call it, heh. It's the Japanese name and fits better that Sanger is naming the mecha after himself. lol Anyway, yes, Dygenguard operates on Direct Motion. As does Soulgain. Other mechas with the system is the Valsione and... hmm, can't remember which others, but there's certainly some around.

@Saint Rubenio I’m starting chapter 18.

I didn’t mention this earlier but the new map animation is really cool.

Spoiler

Anyway, it starts with a bunch of dredge ready to attack Aberrang, what a twist! But first I have to persuade Rugga for an antidote for the king. Somehow, I don’t have a good feeling about this. I’m not even sure it’s possible, I mean I know this isn’t Telltale and all, but with a stretched budget and the potential death of the king… we’ll see, I guess. Oddleif comes with Rook for this because she’s just that awesome. I start off with a nice “I’m not here to talk about you.” As it’s the least insulting of the options I’ve got, and I need to persuade him. He mocks me for that because he’s Rugga and then he reveals he knows why Rook’s there. I mean, okay, sure, I can still work with this, I think. He asks if I play tafl, which is apparently a board game. The second option is demanding he tell me I need to do something for the cure, and I don’t want that, and the third one is insulting him, so I will go with “I’m familiar with the board game” which is technically true since I just Googled it. He compares the situation to when you know your opponent’s strategy is too far along to be stopped and it’s basically over, but you have to keep playing the game anyway. It works, but I prefer Ruben’s strategy board game metaphor because it’s about Rook and Oddleif. After him explaining how he’s obviously winning, he threatens us by saying anything we do to him will come back twice as hard. I guess the persuasion isn’t going well. He asks what I’m prepared to for him which is a tough question to answer… well I mean, as far as what I actually want to do for him, the beating him option is nice and reliable, but what I want here is the antidote. I can either ask him what he wants or say that he’s only doing this to take advantage of scared people.  I’m going to go with the taking advantage of people option because it’s pretty obvious at this point that this conversation can only go in one direction. I should have expected this from Rugga. The conversation ends after that which I didn’t expect so I reload and pick what do you want me to do, because that’s the actual important question here which I only didn’t ask because I figured I would find out regardless. Oh, he wants the throne? What a twist! I can’t decide which of those two dialogue options I like more. I mean, I know it doesn’t matter much, but I’d like to get the answer out of him and let the game know that I’m only doing this because Rugga is Rugga and not because I agree with the king. I think I’ll reset for the first one I picked, I highly doubt this conversation really affects anything at all.

Anyway, the conversation ends because what looks like a sundr breaks through the walls. I won the battle with little trouble, Petrus justifies his slot on the team immediately. Apparently it’s a wave battle, so of course I’m going to fight some more. Hakon and Ludin died, so I bring Mogr and Fasolt for the second wave, because tankiness is a virtue. I use Petrus’ reinforcements ability for some needed back up as well. The enemy’s poisoned all of my units which made the battle pretty difficult. Oh? I can go for a third battle? I know this is stupid but… sure. Might need to bring out a whole new team though. This new team I’m bringing out is Gudmundr, Scathach, Ro’Ech, Derdriu, Aleo and Nid. Don’t let me down guys. Only three enemies came, which is certainly less. Okay, killing the big enemy actually got me an item this time so I think this is the last wave. And I won the battle pretty easily thanks to the fresh team. Now back to the bench with all of you. 25 renown, nice, although I was expecting a little more.

Oh crap… Tryggvi interrupts Rook with a question while he’s in a rush trying to gather the clansmen. I feel like if I don’t answer, Tryggvi could die, but if I do, someone could die. Argh… could it be an important question? That’s probably it, sure, I’ll ask him what it is…. “Have you seen the moon?” TRYGGVI, MY CLANSMEN ARE DYING FOR THIS? It’s a lucky necklace? Well, he probably needs it to live. Fine, I will tel him I could use a mug of mead, hoping that this somehow gets to him getting his lucky necklace and not dying. He wants to ask another question, well, too late to stop now. There has to be some sort of reward for this if there are that many, right? HE HAD THE NECKLACE THE WHOLE TIME!? NOOO, MY CLANSMEN! Oh… oh I got it as an item. Okay… so I made the right choice…? Hopefully.

My team needs to heal so I want to rest… but I can do that in the middle of an attack? Game, please don’t punish me for this. Oh, Tryggvi’s necklace gives 20% drug and plus three to all talents, very nice. The caravan rests for three days and the invasion is still going on, so this should be okay. Oddleif comes up with a pretty cool plan, although I don’t know how Ruin’s anchor won’t smash through barrels, even if they’re in a net together. Hmm… now I have to convince the varl, specific Hakon and Fasolt, to go along with the plan. Well I won’t call them idiots, that won’t work, but I can either offer them their fight or offer them their supplies. Normally I would go with the latter, but considering they literally just ranted about how they don’t care how long their lives are, I don’t know if they’ll accept a supplies bribe. But if they thought they would have their fight, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And if I say “hey, you can have your fight” one of them might die, so.. supplies it is? IT WORKED! YES! 84 supplies down the drain, but that’s better than Fasolt or, even worse, Hakon down the drain. Warriors fight better when full, yeah, of course they do, why didn’t I think if that logic? I have to defend the walls without the  varl though, which will be tough. ….oh…. it looks like Oddleif put the camp near the wall and clansmen died. At least I’m assuming so, because Aleo talked about how we’re losing clansmen from the dredge breaching the wall and 57 of them died. Oddleif, I trusted you! (Ruben, can you confirm if that’s what’s happening here? If Clansmen die here because you put them near the wall?)

The next battle begins, against dredge coming from the holes in the wall. Apparently Ludin left, for some reason. I will take out Gudmundr and Scathach to fill the spots left by Ludin and Hakon. 3 big dredge to fight while I don’t have any varl? Hm. I think I can handle it. That battle was tough, actually. I won in the end though. Not sure how well I can do if these implications of multiple battles in a row are true, though.

We come across a mender helping to repair the walls, and we can either do as much as we can at the walls, send word for the caravan to get the clansmen involved in repairs, or keep moving and stick to the fighting. I would normally go with the keep moving but have the clansmen help option, but Petrus lingering long is dangerous because other people are watching, waiting to see what we do? Excuse me what? The town is literally being destroyed by monsters and you want to attack people saving it? Are you that stupid? Hm… I think I’ll still go with what I’m normally do. I mean, if I’m lucky, the worst that will happen is we lose some clansmen, and people that can run around supplying wood and stone are much more common than people who can fight, so we have more value as fighters. I’ll get the clansmen involved in repairs and move on. I lose two clansmen, who will hopefully return, and I also have two more days worth of supplies than I did when I checked right after talking to Hakon for some reason. Next we encounter a bunch of people trying to flee by boat, but Petrus reminds us that the serpent blood in the water would destroy the boats. Hmm… I can either break up the crowd of deserters, or have Petrus stop the ships and take them apart for lumber or do nothing like an idiot. Well, the people’s odds aren’t good here, but sailing away is suicide, so I have to keep them here. Now taking the ships apart for lumber would be nice, but time is a valuable resource we don’t really have. Why can’t I have clansmen do it? Is this leaving just Petrus behind to do it, or do we all help? It’s not clear. Hm… I mean, we were never given any indication there isn’t enough lumber, and while more would help, we’re risking the lives of many by stopping to maybe lose less, not to mention Petrus could get killed, depending on how that plays out. I don’t like it, but I don’t think we can afford to stop. Break up the crowd of deserters it is. A few listened, but they mostly ignored and left. Hm. Well, better them dying because of their own choices than other people dying because we chose to stop. Oh god… Nid is in the crowds? OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD. OH GOD I HAVE TO CONVINCE HER OH NOOOOO.

I can wish her good luck, or not be an idiot and either tell her not to go and that I will protect her, or that I’ve known cowards and she’s not one of them. Well, protection doesn’t seem to be what she wants here, I mean, she is basically committing suicide and one of her sons died, so it seems that despair is pushing her to want to be “anywhere but here” so… I’ve known cowards, and you’re not one of them? My heart is pumping out of my chest.

……

IT WORKED, LETS GOOOOOOO!!! SHE LIVED!! Thank god. Now we press on. We encounter a bunch of dredge approaching some people with nowhere left to go. We can strike hard at the dredge, slaying as many as we can, tell them to behind our shields, or leave our fighters to protect “as many people as possible”. But what does that mean here? As many people as they possibly can or that this save as many people as possible here? I mean striking hard at the dredge or having them get behind our shields only temporarily protects them, because we will have to leave, so theoretically leaving fighters behind to protect them continuously should give them the best odds, right? Yeah, I think it will. I will leave them some fighters. Wait, I assign three man teams at key locations? Three!? Yeah… they’re not coming back. RIP, I hope they can still protect the people. That gave me 15 clansmen and improved morale, but lost me 12 fighters. Eh, not bad.

Oh wow, this chapter really isn’t going to let up with the hard choices, is it? We come across a bunch of Rugga’s pawns, who want to cause trouble because Rugga. I can either leave Petrus and his guards to deal with this and go after Rugga now or help them and presumably go after Rugga after. Hm. I don’t want Petrus to die, but I also don’t want people to die because Rugga’s minions are causing trouble for longer. Argh, choices, choices. I mean, Petrus already proved he can survive battles with just himself and his guards? But I really don’t him to die. But these are basically the same people he survived earlier. Hmm… but there’s so much calamity going on, even if Petrus survives this specific encounter, how I can know he survives the rest on his own? I’ll fight with him and then deal with Rugga. I mean the fight can’t take that long.

On the prep screen, I promote Canary to level 11 and I get to choose a heroic title for her, apparently. And like are like 15 of them, oh boy. They have gameplay effects too. I have decided to give her two levels in the wolf, because it fits how I use her. With the discovery of heroic titles in mind, I get Rook to level 11 as well and give him the forsaken because he’s an archer, he doesn’t really need allies to be adjacent. Ohhh, apparently each heroic title can only be used once. Maybe I should pick more carefully with that in mind. I still think the forsaken works best here, though. I give Rook two levels in it. After that I win the battle with little difficulty, although I guess it was a tad close at the end.

What… THE KING DIED!? Don’t tell me that was because I stayed to help Petrus… oh it totally was, wasn’t it? Crap. Well, there are two pieces of good news, at least. Ludin joined back up, and I have a chance to rest. I will use both of those opportunities. Oh and Ludin is the perfect level to grab a heroic title.

…heheheh, I can pick Ludin’s heroic title based on gameplay… or I can make him Ludin the foolish “Some shake their heads in disbelief that The Foolish still loves.” After his stunt at the tower and him wiping out half the enemies in the process… well, of course I have go with that option! Ludin the Foolish, it’s perfect. Gameplay wise it’s actually not bad because I’ve been stacking crit on Ludin anyway. He’ll miss the armor, but that’s a small price to pay for being hilarious. Oddleif gets a promotion as well, although she’s not at the level for a heroic title yet. I gave her some crit. After testing two days, it’s time to confront Rugga.

That poison had no cure? Well that’s… honestly a little disappointing. I guess my choice didn’t get the king killed after all. He had the menders give the king horrific dreams as he died in his sleep? That’s so cruel I didn’t even think about that being a possibility well then. It even got Oddleif to swear. I love that woman. Rugga then says we have to listen carefully to what he wants. I can pummel him or leave, but I’md rather see if I can get his followers to help us, so I’ll go with that option. Though they could totally stab us in the back. Oh god, I have to basically give him control for his men to help… is that worth it? I mean, if we don’t, won’t we be fighting a war on two fronts out there? The dredge, and Rugga’s men? That could kill a lot of people. But Rugga is Rugga, so who knows what he would do as leader. Argh, this is a hard choice. Actually, Ruben, how impactful even is joining your banner to someone else’s? Isn’t that a symbolic gesture of them now leading your people? I don’t think it’s been mentioned too often. But well, tradition can be broken. I mean, Rugga doesn’t have a reason to attack us once he has all the power, if that’s just what he wants. But then again, he is Rugga. I don’t know… I mean, I feel like if I say no, Rugga’s men will attack us, and if I say yes, Rugga’s men will attack us later, but now their is an apocalyptic battle going on. Who knows what damage he could do in charge? I’m trying to think back on his time as governor. I don’t recall anyone saying he did a bad job. I think I’m going to agree with his request.

….Aaaand the conversation was interrupted  with the plan being ready, meaning making a decision then was completely pointless, because the actual choice will probably come later. Well just for that I’m reloading and refusing, because it made Oddleif mad. Oh my god… after picking forget it I can choose to kill Rugga? That would be beneficial, but I could see that horribly backfiring. If this is impactful though, maybe I shouldn’t have loaded the save at the beginning of this conversation. Hmm… I kind of want to pick kill Rugga to see what happens, and then reload because this choice is actually impactful. Oh wow, yeah game actually lets you go through with it. Anyway, back to how it was before. Actually, I think I’m going to refuse, but not kill him (I think that redoing the decision is fair game because it’s not using any new information but me changing my mind with what I already knew), because I just can’t imagine a good ending where Rugga has all the power. The following dialogue is you refuse and then tell him he can stay there and rot is actually pretty good, Oddleif isn’t mad at Rook, and it gets us closer to what now seems like a better ending, so I would say worth it. Now it seems I have to talk to Ludin to progress the story.

Ayy, Ludin character arc, 10/10! He has some pretty nifty dialogue here. He has learned a lot. He’s even willingly giving more authority to Rook, temporarily, because he knows it will be more effective in all the conflict. Beginning of the saga Ludin would never have done that.

…he’s still Ludin the Foolish though. With that, it’s time to go face Ruin.

It looks like the plan worked. Ruben, Canary has an incredibly cool moment here, I don’t know if you know about it since you might have kept her on your second play through. After Ruin is set on fire, she has her and her herd pick up people and ride the horse born into battle, past dredge the game implies we otherwise would have had to fight, which is really cool. The dredge surround us, and then the varl finally returned, ready to fight. Here we go. But first, apparently a cloud of dust collides with the dredge, sending several into the air that’s definitely gonna be important. Now the battle begins!

Afraid of the toughness of the enemies, Ruin in particular, I swap out Oddleif for Fasolt. I also put Hakon back on, having him replace Gudmundr. Oh, it turns out that “cloud of dust” was some horse born… AND UBIN LET’S GOOOO!!!!! I THOUGHT I WOULDN’T SEEM HIM AGAIN AFTER I LET HIM GO, BUT HERE HE IS! UDIN, THANK YOU! Oh, the battle doesn’t end when I defeat Ruin? Interesting, and a bit concerning. Despite the setback of me rushing Ruin and then killing Ruin not immediately ending the battle, I won.

”They’re chanting your name,” Oddleif grins. You reply, “Only because they don’t know you’re yet.” MY SHIPPPPPP it probably would have been better if I deployed her for that battle, especially since Fasolt actually ended up doing barely anything, but shh, the fact that she rode into battle with one of Canary’s fellow horse born implies she fought off screen. 34 renown for winning that battle, very nice. A few hours later, Oddleif asks Rook if she’s been acting too recklessly. I’m not sure how to respond… I’ll go with I wish you would feel me before you take risks, because the ability to choose is nice in this game. And I definitely don’t want Oddleif to die. Hey, she talked about them working as a team (my ship!) and said she would try harder. Victory, because again, I don’t want her to die. After she reveals a bit of her motivations, Ubin shows up and just casually revealed he learned horsebornese. Man, what a legend. After that, the dredge start crying, presumably because they are leaderless before the darkness, Oddleif delivers a super cool line because she’s super cool, and then the chapter ends.

Wow, I stayed up til 1 in the morning playing that chapter. It was super good!

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio I’m starting chapter 18.

I didn’t mention this earlier but the new map animation is really cool.

Holy shit full chapter commentary. All right, fine, I'll respond to the most notable parts.

(Though I read all of it, rest assured)

Hide contents

It works, but I prefer Ruben’s strategy board game metaphor because it’s about Rook and Oddleif.

Pfffhwahahaha... Honestly, in both my runs I just went "is this going to turn into a trite metaphor?" because I love how self-aware the line is. It's hilarious. Banner Saga doesn't usually do humor, but when it does it's fucking wonderful.

Spoiler

the beating him option is nice and reliable,

Fun fact: If at some point you beat him up, his portrait permanently changes to reflect the pummeling. It's so good.

Spoiler

Oh, he wants the throne? What a twist!

Spoiler

Yeah, that's the whole thing between Rugga and Meinolf. They both want to be sitting on that chair while the world burns. On the bright side, they do make Ludin look a whole lot better by contrast. While they're killing each other over a chair, Meinolf's son is out there tossing aside his whole legacy for the sake of helping to keep what's left of the world afloat. Truly admirable.

Spoiler

This new team I’m bringing out is Gudmundr, Scathach, Ro’Ech, Derdriu, Aleo and Nid. Don’t let me down guys.

The wave combat experience in a nutshell. In my hard mode run I opted to cut my losses. You can't really afford to fight that much there, with the 6 day injuries and all.

Spoiler

Oh… oh I got it as an item. Okay… so I made the right choice…? Hopefully.

That event is just one of those "talk with characters to give them characterization" moments, just... oddly timed, because it's appropriate for Tryggvi.

Spoiler

I really like how if you listen to him, the man ends up admitting that he fully knows he's not sane, but he doesn't really know what to do about it. It's super tragic when you think about it.

Spoiler

And if I say “hey, you can have your fight” one of them might die, so.. supplies it is? IT WORKED! YES! 84 supplies down the drain, but that’s better than Fasolt or, even worse, Hakon down the drain. Warriors fight better when full, yeah, of course they do, why didn’t I think if that logic?

Spoiler

Damnit, now you're starting to just kick my ass in terms of decision making. I called them idiots, thought it'd provoke them into fighting through reverse psychology or something. Instead they just gave me the finger and left. Whoops. The other option would've kept Hakon and the supplies, but it would've made Fasolt leave.

Though, to be honest, I'm happy just because you lost a crapton of supplies.

Spoiler

I have to defend the walls without the  varl though, which will be tough. ….oh…. it looks like Oddleif put the camp near the wall and clansmen died. At least I’m assuming so, because Aleo talked about how we’re losing clansmen from the dredge breaching the wall and 57 of them died. Oddleif, I trusted you! (Ruben, can you confirm if that’s what’s happening here? If Clansmen die here because you put them near the wall?)

Spoiler

Huh... how odd (heh). I'm pretty sure Oddleif always sets the camp near the castle. Strange. Might be a glitch, not gonna lie.

Unless the king just didn't authorize setting camp on his backyard. I know you can get him to do it through dialogue options, but since I never failed to do it, I wasn't sure if you could miss it at all.

Spoiler

Apparently Ludin left, for some reason.

Yeah, some reason...

Spoiler

I’ve known cowards, and you’re not one of them? My heart is pumping out of my chest.

……

IT WORKED, LETS GOOOOOOO!!! SHE LIVED!!

Spoiler

Yeah, at this point you're just straight up better than me. I panicked, picked the "I'll protect you" option and instantly went "no, Ruben, you absolute buffoon, it was so obviously the other one, NO--"

Most frustrating loss in the entire series, I swear. God fucking damnit.

Spoiler

…heheheh, I can pick Ludin’s heroic title based on gameplay… or I can make him Ludin the foolish “Some shake their heads in disbelief that The Foolish still loves.” After his stunt at the tower and him wiping out half the enemies in the process… well, of course I have go with that option! Ludin the Foolish, it’s perfect. Gameplay wise it’s actually not bad because I’ve been stacking crit on Ludin anyway.

Spoiler

I won't lie, I did this both times for precisely this reason. Man stopped being foolish the moment he started growing a beard, but it's still so appropriate. And the title is pretty okay on him, to boot!

Spoiler

That poison had no cure? Well that’s… honestly a little disappointing. I guess my choice didn’t get the king killed after all. He had the menders give the king horrific dreams as he died in his sleep? That’s so cruel I didn’t even think about that being a possibility well then.

Spoiler

No no, you misinterpreted that. The poison itself gave the king horrific nightmares as it killed him. It affected exclusively the mind. Since it is forbidden for menders to tamper with the mind, they had no way to cure him, so he just... withered away. And Ludin sat there next to him the whole time.

It even got Oddleif to swear. I love that woman.

She's already pretty badass, but in tbs3 she's just the best.

Spoiler

Actually, Ruben, how impactful even is joining your banner to someone else’s? Isn’t that a symbolic gesture of them now leading your people? I don’t think it’s been mentioned too often. But well, tradition can be broken.

Spoiler

That's basically it, yes. It's a symbolic gesture to begin with, and with the world ending, it's even more symbolic.

Spoiler

I can choose to kill Rugga?

Spoiler

You absolutely can. You just beat the shit out of him until he dies. It's great... But if you do bad enough, you get to pick between three even more satisfying fates for him. It'll make sense in context, as everything I say.

Spoiler

Actually, I think I’m going to refuse, but not kill him (I think that redoing the decision is fair game because it’s not using any new information but me changing my mind with what I already knew), because I just can’t imagine a good ending where Rugga has all the power.

Well, that's not a bad decision.

Spoiler

In my first run I murdered his ass. In my second I wanted to see the other thing I mentioned above, so I just... left without honoring him with a response. The man looked utterly devastated that he didn't get Alette riled up, it was wonderful.

Spoiler

Ayy, Ludin character arc, 10/10! He has some pretty nifty dialogue here. He has learned a lot. He’s even willingly giving more authority to Rook, temporarily, because he knows it will be more effective in all the conflict. Beginning of the saga Ludin would never have done that.

Spoiler

Ludin's evolution is absolutely great. A bit minimalistic, but well done and effective. It's not quite the conclusion to his arc yet, though. His most badass moment will come later... maybe.

…he’s still Ludin the Foolish though.

Hahahahaha!

Spoiler

It looks like the plan worked. Ruben, Canary has an incredibly cool moment here, I don’t know if you know about it since you might have kept her on your second play through.

Spoiler

She doesn't die if she leaves, she's just around without being your ally. So yeah, she does appear here. In fact, I think she might even rejoin after this, I don't recall exactly.

Spoiler

AND UBIN LET’S GOOOO!!!!! I THOUGHT I WOULDN’T SEEM HIM AGAIN AFTER I LET HIM GO, BUT HERE HE IS! UDIN, THANK YOU!

Spoiler

He may not have swung a hammer in a century, but that doesn't mean HE'S FORGOTTEN HOW!

...I love that line. That is all.

Spoiler

”They’re chanting your name,” Oddleif grins. You reply, “Only because they don’t know you’re yet.” MY SHIPPPPPP

Spoiler

Best ship.

I wish you would feel me before you take risks

I like this typo. It's very appropriate.

Spoiler

Ubin shows up and just casually revealed he learned horsebornese. Man, what a legend. After that, the dredge start crying, presumably because they are leaderless before the darkness, Oddleif delivers a super cool line because she’s super cool, and then the chapter ends.

Legends everywhere, man.

And Fasolt.

Wow, I stayed up til 1 in the morning playing that chapter. It was super good!

And it's only gonna get better. While I feel TBS3 might be a liiiiil' bit weaker in terms of choices than the previous two, fuck me if it doesn't compensate by being absolutely badass.

...Holy shit this post looks ugly. I apologize to everyone else for the spoiler box spam.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yuri literally got banned from popularity polls because he kept winning.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This one is readily explicable- the Cult of Yuri. It was well-established by this point

It's not Yuri's fault he's a badass MC! XD

@Zan Partizanne okay, so i watched you stream video, and i see a few things i'd like to mention:

First, the good

You move around alot in battle, this is usually a good thing in generic fights as enemies tend to get behind you otherwise and you don't want that in KH III under any circumstance.

You press your advantage on enemies already in hurtstun. Not giving them any reprieve is important in mob fights as well. 

You try new things against enemies. Always going with one option is only going to limit learning new things. So that's a good sign, at least if you keep that consistent.

Next, minor things that aren't "bad" but aren't doing any favors. 

not locking on to an enemy. This helps not only keep track of them, but helps Sora's attacks find their mark easier as well. It also keeps the camera focused on the action, where it's most needed when you don't have the time to turn it manually.

Not moving while scrolling through your magic page. Another thing that i find minor but i know it's not easy for everyone.

Oh and another thing, that large heartless? The one with the large stomach? You can't deal damage when hitting his stomach, only his back.

I also noticed that you just threw guard out there ocasionally. That's fine, but just know that Sora can't block attacks from behind without some form of barrier.

Edit: another i forgot: when doing ground comboes it's sometimes wise to not use the finishing strike and instead just dodging out of it. It's much safer as his finisher is slow. 

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Alas, you need a Capture Card to stream from consoles, to the best of my knowledge.

https://www.elgato.com/en/capture-card-selector

Maybe this link will be helpful for you?

I have a capture card.

Otherwise I'd haven't been able to stream Kingdom Hearts.

I just need to use the programm which is PS now.

Next, minor things that aren't "bad" but aren't doing any favors. 

not locking on to an enemy. This helps not only keep track of them, but helps Sora's attacks find their mark easier as well. It also keeps the camera focused on the action, where it's most needed when you don't have the time to turn it manually.

Not moving while scrolling through your magic page. Another thing that i find minor but i know it's not easy for everyone.

Oh and another thing, that large heartless? The one with the large stomach? You can't deal damage when hitting his stomach, only his back.

I also noticed that you just threw guard out there ocasionally. That's fine, but just know that Sora can't block attacks from behind without some form of barrier.

Edit: another i forgot: when doing ground comboes it's sometimes wise to not use the finishing strike and instead just dodging out of it. It's much safer as his finisher is slow. 

Oh, thanks for watching and giving me such a detailed feedback so quickly, @lightcosmo.

Gonna take my time to take it into account once I'm continuing it.

I hope it can be done on Saturday.

Apparently I disabled tag-notification, so I didn't see the comment at the first moment.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Would anyone watch me doing a livestream of Final Fantasy VII or Octopath Traveler? Maybe having live comments could help me to make progress since I kinda feel lost.

...However on the other hand my freetime will be restricted from next week on and current weather is everything but gaming weather.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, Mai is Aragonese for Mother. Combined with Tierra (Earth), it's clear the ship is called Mother Earth then? Weird they'd use both a Castilian and Aragonese word since it makes for a slight mismatch. But eh, it's more Spanish stuff around in the EF, so I ain't complaining.

Haken's world is called Lost Herencia. Not sure why half-Spanish here, but that'd be the end of it in that particular world. Although the one town in said world has a name that looks German- Trodel Stadt, so is the other point of interest- the Schfalen Celeste.

Oh, and Dulces Tomb in Elfetale again, as for why a tomb would be called "sweet", no reason given in the first game. The second game invented a confectionary-loving snake-woman named Cleo who actually lives there and must have a Cross Gate she is hiding somewhere, because she is selling Kusuha's Parfaits, made from a secret recipe with unknown ingredients, they're expensive and revive all allies.

That ought to be limit on Spanish names in EF as a whole, since Kagura Amahara is purely Japanese, and Formido Heim is some other language that definitely isn't Spanish, whatever it is.