Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit full chapter commentary.

That’s sort of what I’ve been doing for a bit now.

Fun fact: If at some point you beat him up, his portrait permanently changes to reflect the pummeling. It's so good.

Well that’s cool, but I still feel like that would have ended with his supporters disliking Rook even more, so I didn’t go for it despite wanting to.

That event is just one of those "talk with characters to give them characterization" moments, just... oddly timed, because it's appropriate for Tryggvi.

Yeah, I guess I’m just paranoid about characters dying after what you said about this game.

Hide contents

I really like how if you listen to him, the man ends up admitting that he fully knows he's not sane, but he doesn't really know what to do about it. It's super tragic when you think about it.

Wait, he does? I don’t remember interpreting it that way at all.

Hide contents

Damnit, now you're starting to just kick my ass in terms of decision making. I called them idiots, thought it'd provoke them into fighting through reverse psychology or something. Instead they just gave me the finger and left. Whoops. The other option would've kept Hakon and the supplies, but it would've made Fasolt leave.

Though, to be honest, I'm happy just because you lost a crapton of supplies.

Hide contents

Huh... how odd (heh). I'm pretty sure Oddleif always sets the camp near the castle. Strange. Might be a glitch, not gonna lie.

Unless the king just didn't authorize setting camp on his backyard. I know you can get him to do it through dialogue options, but since I never failed to do it, I wasn't sure if you could miss it at all.

First spoiler tag response:

Spoiler

Calling them idiots was immediately off the table because the entire problem in the first place was that they thought the plan made them look like idiots and servants to humans or whatever.

I don’t know why you’re happy I lost a crapton of supplies, I got to keep both Hakon and Fasolt. And we went through with the plan. But I guess you consider supplies > Fasolt.

Second spoiler tag response:

Oh…. oh. I was supposed to do that. See, I didn’t even think about trying to convince him then, because I thought that would have to come after I got the antidote from Rugga, so I just went with the standard dialogue options instead of “hey can you help us out” and so the conversation…… never went there. How did I not think of that? Crap!

Hide contents

Yeah, at this point you're just straight up better than me. I panicked, picked the "I'll protect you" option and instantly went "no, Ruben, you absolute buffoon, it was so obviously the other one, NO--"

Most frustrating loss in the entire series, I swear. God fucking damnit.

Hide contents

I won't lie, I did this both times for precisely this reason. Man stopped being foolish the moment he started growing a beard, but it's still so appropriate. And the title is pretty okay on him, to boot!

Hide contents

No no, you misinterpreted that. The poison itself gave the king horrific nightmares as it killed him. It affected exclusively the mind. Since it is forbidden for menders to tamper with the mind, they had no way to cure him, so he just... withered away. And Ludin sat there next to him the whole time.

Spoiler

RIP Nid. A small price to pay for me being better than you when I got to my first run.

Third spoiler tag response:

Ohhh. I don’t understand why he even mentioned menders there, unless he’s trying to imply that the nightmares killed him. I mean even if they fixed the nightmares, the poison would still be there? But okay. 

She's already pretty badass, but in tbs3 she's just the best.

Amen.

Hide contents

You absolutely can. You just beat the shit out of him until he dies. It's great... But if you do bad enough, you get to pick between three even more satisfying fates for him. It'll make sense in context, as everything I say.

Spoiler

If I do bad enough, as in like, bad at the game? Like losing characters and clansmen and supplies and stuff?

Well, that's not a bad decision.

It’s the best decision, I made it.

Hide contents

In my first run I murdered his ass. In my second I wanted to see the other thing I mentioned above, so I just... left without honoring him with a response. The man looked utterly devastated that he didn't get Alette riled up, it was wonderful.

I didn’t think of that either. 

Spoiler

It probably would have been even more satisfying to leave him without a response, then. Oh well, I’m more upset that I didn’t even think I could persuade the king yet so I didn’t even try—

Hide contents

He may not have swung a hammer in a century, but that doesn't mean HE'S FORGOTTEN HOW!

...I love that line. That is all.

Hide contents

Best ship.

Yeah, me too, everything about that moment was so cool.

Spoiler

Ubin is great now.

Third spoiler tag response:

Amen, again.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Haken's world is called Lost Herencia. Not sure why half-Spanish here, but that'd be the end of it in that particular world. Although the one town in said world has a name that looks German- Trodel Stadt, so is the other point of interest- the Schfalen Celeste.

Oh, and Dulces Tomb in Elfetale again, as for why a tomb would be called "sweet", no reason given in the first game. The second game invented a confectionary-loving snake-woman named Cleo who actually lives there and must have a Cross Gate she is hiding somewhere, because she is selling Kusuha's Parfaits, made from a secret recipe with unknown ingredients, they're expensive and revive all allies.

That ought to be limit on Spanish names in EF as a whole, since Kagura Amahara is purely Japanese, and Formido Heim is some other language that definitely isn't Spanish, whatever it is. 

Well, we know the German names comes from the Einst.

Yeah, I saw, haha. Dulces. Maybe it's full of Mexican sweet bread or confectionary from Day of the Dead? XD Like Sugar Skulls.

Formido could be a conjugation of Formidar.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That’s sort of what I’ve been doing for a bit now.

I mean, yeah, but that was extra long. Not that I mind.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, he does? I don’t remember interpreting it that way at all.

Really? It seemed rather clear to me. Here, taken from a screenshot LP I found online:

Spoiler

59-tbs3_30_615.png
53-Tryggvi.png: Those are the words I say to myself...someone should say them.
60-tbs3_30_617.png
53-Tryggvi.png: I just...can't see through the dark and the fog sometimes, in my head. That's why I carried around a moon. Do you know what I mean?
6-Alette.png: I think so.
53-Tryggvi.png: Hah, liar! I don't even know what I mean...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

Calling them idiots was immediately off the table because the entire problem in the first place was that they thought the plan made them look like idiots and servants to humans or whatever.

I don’t know why you’re happy I left a crapton of supplies, I got to keep both Hakon and Fasolt. And we went through with the plan.

I'm happy because it means more chances you'll see Ludin's finest moment.

Second spoiler tag response:

Oh…. oh. I was supposed to do that. See, I didn’t even think about trying to convince him then, because I thought that would have to come after I got the antidote from Rugga, so I just went with the standard dialogue options instead of “hey can you help us out” and so the conversation…… never went there. How did I not think of that? Crap!

Yeah, you can get him to promise to let you stay near the castle up-front.

Spoiler

Which, as it turns out, is the only payment you're gonna get.

Ohhh. I don’t understand why he even mentioned menders there, unless he’s trying to imply that the nightmares killed him. I mean even if they fixed the nightmares, the poison would still be there? But okay.

Spoiler

The poison itself screwed with Meinolf's mind. It had no physical effects, it just destroyed his mind and his sanity until he died of a stroke or something like that, I imagine. The menders did what they could, but unable to tamper with the mind, they were unable to save him. That's why they're brought up.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

If I do bad enough, as in like, bad at the game? Like losing characters and clansmen and supplies and stuff?

You'll find out.

It’s the best decision, I made it.

Shut up.

I didn’t think of that either. 

Hide contents

It probably would have been even more satisfying to leave him without a response, then. Oh well, I’m more upset that I didn’t even think I could persuade the king yet so I didn’t even try—

Hahaha... don't worry about it. I mean, I was going to respnd, but then I thought "you know what? No. You're like an internet troll in the viking age. I'll do to you the worst thing you can do to them."

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, me too, everything about that moment was so cool.

The fact that they voice-acted that line for no reason whatsoever, too. They knew it was great.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, but that was extra long. Not that I mind.

I think it’s just because the chapter was longer.

Really? It seemed rather clear to me. Here, taken from a screenshot LP I found online:

Hide contents

59-tbs3_30_615.png
53-Tryggvi.png: Those are the words I say to myself...someone should say them.
60-tbs3_30_617.png
53-Tryggvi.png: I just...can't see through the dark and the fog sometimes, in my head. That's why I carried around a moon. Do you know what I mean?
6-Alette.png: I think so.
53-Tryggvi.png: Hah, liar! I don't even know what I mean...

I mean, yeah, but I wouldn’t call that insanity.

I'm happy because it means more chances you'll see Ludin's finest moment.

No supplies and everyone dies as a result, but Ludin gets to be cool? 🤔

Yeah, you can get him to promise to let you stay near the castle up-front.

Hide contents

Which, as it turns out, is the only payment you're gonna get.

God… oh god that was so stupid of me—

Hahaha... don't worry about it. I mean, I was going to respnd, but then I thought "you know what? No. You're like an internet troll in the viking age. I'll do to you the worst thing you can do to them."

The only choice that bothers me is me not even thinking to try persuading the king! And from what I saw on the internet, it’s actually very simple if you just try.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, yeah, but I wouldn’t call that insanity.

Insanity manifests in many ways. The man's clearly got some mental issues. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy, though, of course.

No supplies and everyone dies as a result, but Ludin gets to be cool? 🤔

Okay, look, it'll make sense in context, I swear.

The only choice that bothers me is me not even thinking to try persuading the king! And from what I saw on the internet, it’s actually very simple if you just try.

Hahah... Yeah, the guy's in no position to be arguing with the one person who can save his sorry ass.

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I have a capture card.

Otherwise I'd haven't been able to stream Kingdom Hearts.

I just need to use the programm which is PS now.

Oh, thanks for watching and giving me such a detailed feedback so quickly, @lightcosmo.

Gonna take my time to take it into account once I'm continuing it.

I hope it can be done on Saturday.

Apparently I disabled tag-notification, so I didn't see the comment at the first moment.

Sorry if I sound critical at some points, as I noted at first, I think your off to a good start from what I could see. 

Play the way you enjoy, dont let me change how you feel about your playstyle! 

I enjoyed it, though! Xd

19 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Acacia Sgt’s pfp reminds me of a scene from Space Balls:

I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate homage to the Looney Tunes' frog.

I can't help but find the image amusing:

u4IVaJw.png

Like, what, using an arm to hold on to the cliff while throwing the axe with the other? Don't get me started if it was Dune or Sheela doing that.