Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh god. Oh no.

Spoiler

I have to choose whether to go along with Juno’s plan, which is just her leaving to lead away Bolger and then coming back to meet us in Ridgehorn, split the caravan in half to accomplish that task, or have everyone stay together. Oh no.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He did indeed just get it.

Hide contents

Is the cart that fell with Gunnulf the tax cart that fell off a cliff that he cried about or am I reading into that too much?

Yeah, that's exactly it. Bersi's interesting because, while he's the most irrelevant varl, he's also one of the only one's who isn't all about loyalty and pride. He's a much simpler persom than most other varls: he likes money and himself. That's about it. I think there's some value in that, at least.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ohoho, you just gave me a most excellent idea!

And also a chance to give Hanneman the spotlight he deserves.

Damn straight. Do let me know of your plans!

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Orson is more subtle creepy. This thing is outright in your face terrifying.
To me, at the very least.

Well, to each their own. To be honest, I'm not that easy to spook. Not trying to brag or anything, but in-your-face stuff like this leaves me unfazed most of the time. It takes a special kind of horror to get to me, a more... Subtle one.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

, not THAT spiteful. xD
Also, PoR was my introduction into Fire Emblem, and thus does have a special place in my heart just for that.

Pah. Weakling. Spite should override all!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't worry, I can balance out your 3H rants.

Gwen Nachos from TRS is so bad a villain, he makes Anankos FE Fates look good.

Hahahahhaahaaahahhahhhahaha...

Anyway, Volcens is the best Kaga villain.

And now you've fallen right into my trap in America - now you have to play Berwick Saga to be able to counter! Or, you just cannot counter at all. Either way, I win. Mwahahaha...!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sigh

His hate for modern FE might eclipse my hate for modern Trails

Imagine if you found a common enemy. The world might just burst into flames.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sigh

For some reason this was quoted twice, and I cannot delete quotes on mobile, so uh... Yeah.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah… that feeling when you pour all your resources into a character and they leave immediately after. At least, I’m assuming I can’t stop her from leaving, we’ll see.

O O F

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

hate you. /s

835101417689317376.png?v=1

You may kill me, but you can never unsee it. Haaaaahahahahahaha...!

Spoiler

I want to say no to Folka, but I’m afraid of what she’ll do because she’s all “I don’t take orders” and I’m not 100% sure I trust Juno… but I feel like just Juno temporarily leaving would be for the best. Hm.

Edit:

Spoiler

I will support Juno’s plan and pray Folka doesn’t do something stupid.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I want to say no to Folka, but I’m afraid of what she’ll do because she’s all “I don’t take orders” and I’m not 100% sure I trust Juno… but I feel like just Juno temporarily leaving would be for the best. Hm.

Hooooooo boy. I hope this will not end disastrously for you...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ok, Bow should play modern Trails

If it's anime enough that even you hate it, Brightbow might just pick up an axe, travel to Japan and singlehandedly raid Falcom's headquarters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, Volcens is the best Kaga villain.

And now you've fallen right into my trap in America - now you have to play Berwick Saga to be able to counter! Or, you just cannot counter at all. Either way, I win. Mwahahaha...!

Counter: being the best Kaga villain doesn't mean much when they're all bad lmao gottem.

....ok Arvis is the exception.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sigh

Yeah, at least you keep your hate tucked away in the deepest corners of your mind unless someone specifically asks for it.

You don't even like bringing it out either.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it's anime enough that even you hate it, Brightbow might just pick up an axe, travel to Japan and singlehandedly raid Falcom's headquarters.

he has my blessings then

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Except the music.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with it as far as the quality of the remix is concerned.

There is some really creative use with the score of the original game. For example I love how they turned the victory themes of Alm and Celica into proper map themes for the second half.

But when it comes to it's actual usage of this particular theme... it fits into the pattern of them making every aspect of the endgame worse, I'm afraid.
Echoes plays that theme on both player and enemy phase. It goes for a generic "anime theme music kicks in" victory march feel.
And that's not really what the original game did. The original game was like "You are fighting an eldritch horror here. There is no telling this thing is something that a human can even kill at all. You might well all die here."

Edited by BrightBow

Thank you Folka! THANK YOU!

Spoiler

I mean, she threatened Eyvind if Juno dares to betray or otherwise sabotage us, but I doubt she’ll do that while she’s gone, though I doubt Juno will do that before she comes back (if she does).

Wait— no one else is making a light for us!? How are we going to not die??

Hooooooo boy. I hope this will not end disastrously for you...

Well I just got confirmation that this was a good choice. Thanks Ruben!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, at least you keep your hate tucked away in the deepest corners of your mind unless someone specifically asks for it.

You don't even like bringing it out either.

yeah

Also even i admit what things CS did well, when i talk seriously about the games.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

369bc55b707088273cc1ff0c53f893a2.jpg

Carrot cake? 😋 I was tempted to get a cupcake of the kind yesterday, but, if I bought everything I saw at a bakery that looked good, I'd leave stomach bursting and finances bankrupt.

I might have to get carrot cake next time I stop by a sweet shop then, although I've also a hankering for red velvet and key lime right now. -Maybe I could sate the latter with some Italian ice, my go-to ice place stopped selling blue raspberry (why?), so instead of the American flag, I've had to adapt to the Italian flag instead- lemon, cherry and lime.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I can count the number of times I finished a slice of cake with one hand.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-10-at-5-47-38-PM.png

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Tales of Arise will be 40 GB if you get it digitally

Compared to Berseria's like, 16 GB, that's fucking massive.

How one could use twice the space, is entirely open to bad possibilities. It could be used well for better graphics and processing and more content, or it could be naught but the inefficient data glut that I'm told plagues modern games.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Last i played Mk64 i was like 10 or something, so i definetly don't remember how it controls haha

MK64 has a weird relationship with me. I had the SNES, GBA, GC, and DS Mario Karts growing up, but MK64 and Wii were had by cousins, yet for some reason I never actually asked for the games. So I've played them, but only in limited doses, which makes them "forbidden fruit" in a way. (I skipped 3DS b/c that'd wear out the portable's buttons and circle pad covering too quickly.)

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eeeeeeeh.

I was probably overhyped about Arvis going into FE4, such that he couldn't deliver with how little FE4 has to give him b/c Super Famicom limitations. The result isn't that I dislike him, it's more I'm apathetic about Arvis.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Carrot cake? 

yup

it's kino

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was probably overhyped about Arvis going into FE4, such that he couldn't deliver with how little FE4 has to give him b/c Super Famicom limitations. The result isn't that I dislike him, it's more I'm apathetic about Arvis.

same.

Edelgard is him done much better imo

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Counter: being the best Kaga villain doesn't mean much when they're all bad lmao gottem.

Not only are you blindly arguing against him, utterly obliterating your credibility to death and destruction, but you outplayed yourself by claiming thereis such a thing as a good Kaga villain, meaning my point is correct. Shameless, Armagon! Armagon, more like Armagone. Ahah!

Thank you Folka! THANK YOU!

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, she threatened Eyvind if Juno dares to betray or otherwise sabotage us, but I doubt she’ll do that while she’s gone, though I doubt Juno will do that before she comes back (if she does).

Wait— no one else is making a light for us!? How are we going to not die??

Eyvind wilL carry the light for you guys.

Well I just got confirmation that this was a good choice. Thanks Ruben!

How dare you attempt to interpret my void responses, I'll kill you!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eeeeeeeh.

Gotta agree with you on this one. He was fine, but that's about it. Travant used his limited time a lot better, I feel.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eeeeeeeh.

True but in comparison to other Kaga-era villains, he's not bad.

Of course, in the grand scheme of the series, he's just there.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not only are you blindly arguing against him, utterly obliterating your credibility to death and destruction, but you outplayed yourself by claiming thereis such a thing as a good Kaga villain, meaning my point is correct. Shameless, Armagon! Armagon, more like Armagone. Ahah!

Yeah but it ain't Volcen tho.

And it ain't Zeke either, given the big hole in his heart I gave him lol lmao.

True but in comparison to other Kaga-era villains, he's not bad.

Of course, in the grand scheme of the series, he's just there.

As if IntSys could write a villain to save themselves.

...okay, fine, I love Lyon, so I guess I gotta concede this one...

Yeah but it ain't Volcen tho.

How would you even know it?!

Also, Volcens, Armago. Volcens.

And it ain't Zeke either, given the big hole in his heart I gave him lol lmao.

I hate you more than the person I hate three quarters more than the person in the middle of my hate list.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So even Banner Saga has a “the reinforcements one” battle.

Seems like it.

Just now, Sooks said:

Somehow, I actually won that.

Well, I know how, Juno. She’s so much fun to use. Confuse go brrrr.

Juno is super good. Then again, pretty much all of the new units in tbs3 are super good and unique. Except Valgard, if you wanna count him as new. The poor guy's just kinda... Egil 4.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah

Also even i admit what things CS did well, when i talk seriously about the games.

And I don't?

I like Echoes. I could mention a lot of positive things about it. For example as I just said, Echoes did some cool things with the music. Even finding ways to repurpose certain tracks who became redundant by various game system changes. Like the victory themes becoming proper map themes. The dead jingle still being used at the start of the death theme and the town theme being used as the recruitment theme.

The exp increase across the board was a good change since the exp gain in the original game was just too slow. In the original game you are likely not even going to see 3rd tier promotions unless you grind.

Giving bows effective damage against fliers serves as an effective nerf to the Whitewings. Alongside some other nerfs they got, this makes them a lot less overpowered and now they actually need to work together with the rest of the team rather then just dominating every map on their own. It makes Celica's side so much more interesting to play.

The addition of various sidequests and all kinds of additional treasure to find also benefits the game's non-linear nature.

Faye is also a fantastic addition as a unit. Her different class selection and available spells in magic classes allow her to mix things up in a way that the male villagers simply can't.

Edited by BrightBow

Back when I played through Azure Moon, I expected Edelgard would transform for the final battle but thought she would become dragon, not a demonic version of her normal self. But FE has plenty of dragons already so some variety is good.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Godzilla Singular Point's 12th episode might honestly have one of my favorite "cliffhanger before the final battle" moments. They got the atmosphere *perfectly*.

So the last episode is airing next week then? SP is supposed to release in English this month, so hopefully it won't take too long after it finishes in Japan.

I doubt it. What's the achievement?

Spoiler

Sole Survivor - Juno wanders alone for all eternity.