• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I mean to be fair, the one thing we all have in common here is an interest in Fire Emblem, and I'm pretty sure a majority of the Pokemon fans here aren't super invested in competitive Pokemon. Honestly, I haven't been too caught up in Pokemon meta myself.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't care less about competitive Pokémon, so... not really.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Don’t worry about it, half the games mentioned here (other than fe of course) have 1 player amongst the thread, maybe 2 if you’re lucky.

Fair enough.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh, my only interest lies in gens 1 and 2 on a competitive level, sooo yeah.

Please do and show the naysayers why Yuri is badass!

Eh, I thought it was worth mention because it's yet another ban from Ubers. Box legendaries have always been overpowered, with the exception of Black Kyurem for a time (it was so underwhelming that it was suspect tested into OU, and stayed there. At least, until gen 8 came along and gave it Icicle Spear and Dragon Dance. Then it got QBed after Pokemon Home was released, finally being able to reunite with White Kyurem). But Zacian took being broken to levels not heard of since Mega Rayquaza was introduced.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's really odd for me to be posting Tales music since i think the soundtrack for the series tends to be pretty generic.

But

Truth be told, outside of Symphonia and to lesser extent Abyss, I've largely forgotten Tales OSTs. Not to say they're bad, it's that Symph' was pivotal to my childhood, I spent probably hundreds of hours on that, my first big franchise JRPG not Pokemon. And with there being so much music in games, unless it is very bad or very good, I can find myself not paying attention and remembering it into the long term.

Music might have some objective quality to it, but music remembrance has a greater subjective lean. -Or so I think.

Which is a shame, because there is a whole lot of music that likely deserves some praise, I just can't recall it. People do put effort into making that the stuff most of the time I'd think.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer so here's something weird

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Reiji and Haken's interaction in the later's join chapter suggested that the events of Endless Frontier already happened. Yet somehow Kaguya doesn't know who KOS-MOS is.

Seems to be a translation error. There is no way Kaguya could've forgotten KOS-MOS, EF never deploys "Goodbye and we're wiping out your memories of each other to preserve the canon!" when sending her or Reiji & Xiaomu away. I mean sure KOS-MOS has the least flavorful personality of the EF cast, but that has nothing to do with anything.

I hopped over to a bit of a cesspit site that shall go unnamed recently to see what people thought of the EF duo in PxZ out of pure curiosity of mine. Someone commented that the translators might not have had a good grasp on Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier, which is not inconceivable given it was a niche game and few characters in PxZ have pre-established relationships -one could default into assuming nobody knows each other. But this still sounds like it was sloppy.

Another commenter IIRC also said that there is another mistake where they allude to Dr. Marion -a minor NPC in EF who is sorta family to Haken- and accidentally gave her a sex change to male. Ironic, because EF accidentally did the same thing with a different character at one point.

On that note, I believe I saw it said that you can get a little EF nod from pairing Ulala with Haken & Kaguya.

Nobody gave you permission to use that.

Begone with you.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On that note, I believe I saw it said that you can get a little EF nod from pairing Ulala with Haken & Kaguya.

I don't know who Ulala is but whoever she is, she hasn't joined yet.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like the fake out.😆

Truth be told, i knew KOS-MOS would join in Ch.20 (this is 19) but when i saw how this chapter was playing out, i wondered "maybe the guy who told me misremembered".

And then she shows up, god damn it. This is actually the second time the game baits you into thinking KOS-MOS would join.

This is where Monolith Soft got their idea to troll Xenoblade 2 players with KOS-MOS rates.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds odd nonetheless. Since PxZ's script itself would've showed they do know each other. So for there to be an error...

Also if the acknowledgement was in the Japanese version, then that's one hell of a mistranslation.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nobody gave you permission to use that.

Begone with you.

I don't know who Ulala is but whoever she is, she hasn't joined yet.

Truth be told, i knew KOS-MOS would join in Ch.20 (this is 19) but when i saw how this chapter was playing out, i wondered "maybe the guy who told me misremembered".

And then she shows up, god damn it. This is actually the second time the game baits you into thinking KOS-MOS would join.

This is where Monolith Soft got their idea to troll Xenoblade 2 players with KOS-MOS rates.

Also if the acknowledgement was in the Japanese version, then that's one hell of a mistranslation.

Why was she there in the first place...?

Ulala is from Space Channel 5. Though I don't think you have heard of it.

Spoiler alert: KOS-MOS will bring an uninvited guest with her. And by uninvited guest, I mean an enemy unit. By which I mean a boss.

Edited by Shadow Mir

PxZ missed out on adding Space Michael alongside Ulala. Facts.

Yes, I know the likely reason why he couldn't be added even if they wanted to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh there she is. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok yeah, the translators absolutely fucked up here. Kaguya doesn't know who KOS-MOS is but KOS-MOS very clearly acknowledges EF.

Screenshot_3434.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3435.png?width=769&height=432

@Interdimensional Observer i believe this bit is a nod to EF, right? Both the reason as to why T-elos is joining up and KOS-MOS' voice bug, i remember you posting something like that.

Anyways

image_2021-06-15_000213.png?width=769&he

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i can't believe this chapter was a double bait-and-switch.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ulala is from Space Channel 5. Though I don't think you have heard of it.

I'll add it to obscure Namco game #2827268728

(It is a Namco game, right?)

You know what's the kicker?

Space Channel 5 itself implies Space Michael is the same one from Moonwalker. As in, the movie took places centuries ago as far SC5 itself is concerned.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio

8qMJe0G.png

Here's something sloppy i put together very fast. I tried to take charater's roles, classes, weapons, type, history etc. into consideration and match them together

🟥= game over condition

For you, unnamed generics are freebies (as in you can capture as many generics as you want).

I have Faye as my 'freebie', even if you kill of Severa since Faye is one Perma casual mode. If i do somehow manage to kill Faye off however, Severa is gone for you.

If you fail to recruit a unit somehow (that includes kids) than i can still use the linked units as mercenaries, but never perma recruit them. Exception: Unit your tried to recruit died while green unit or story event (like Shura), then their linked units ''dies'' as well. Those of Reese's squad/non-mercenaries die with their linked unit no matter what (so if you kill off Niles before you get Nina, i lose Christine).

If a unit dies, you may deploy their linked unit later and kill them off if it means getting a reward or special item.

Example: If i lose Sherlock, you can kill of Shura to get Boots instead of just benching him. I can deploy a unit if their linked unit is dead to get those famous berwick dead unit items. If i lose a unit linked with a child unit, you can still play the paralogue for items and exp, but you can't use the child unit after.

If i fail to perma recruit someone, aslong as they aren't dead, you can use their linked unit normally

And most importantly: No intentional sabotage xD

This looks fascinating...are you and @Saint Rubenio going to try and make an LP of this beautiful madness....

or at least update us in the thread?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh there she is. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Screenshot_3434.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3435.png?width=769&height=432

@Interdimensional Observer i believe this bit is a nod to EF, right? Both the reason as to why T-elos is joining up and KOS-MOS' voice bug, i remember you posting something like that.

Anyways

Well yeah, to the bolded. In Exceed, T-elos -admittedly after trying to destroy KOS-MOS several times in the first EF and initially again in Exceed- decides instead to protect KOS-MOS until they return to their own world for their duel in Xenosaga. Considering T-elos seems to go back to being a villain in PxZ2 (because Fiora takes over as Kossy's buddy) I'm guessing T-elos got impatient with the whole "no destroy & "fuse" in another world" rule after getting sucked into yet another transdimensional hassle.

For the voice bug, I remember hearing of it before, but I don't remember where I read of the "nya" sound specifically. It never happens in EF, I rewatched both games entirely in the past week and I would've noticed. Not only would I've noticed, some other character in the games would've started on the cat jokes in response and trust me-ow I would've noticed that.

It's also just dawned on me that KOS-MOS has actually been in more unique adventures with Reiji & Xiaomu than Shion. I was under the mistaken impression it was 4-4, but I clearly was forgetting one of the PxZs or something. It's 5-4 in favor of the Shinra duo. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For the voice bug, I remember hearing of it before, but I don't remember where I read of the "nya" sound specifically. It never happens in EF, I rewatched both games entirely in the past week and I would've noticed. Not only would I've noticed, some other character in the games would've started on the cat jokes in response and trust me-ow I would've noticed that.

I thought of something and looked up to confirm it. If i'm right, this could be a reference to Xenosaga Freaks, that weird spin-off that was released shortly after Episode I.

In it, KOS-MOS gets affected by a nanovirus that causes her to hallucinate a cat, register everyone's voices as cat sounds and changes her own voice to that of a cat. She also gets cat ears, for some reason. 

Xenosaga Freaks was weird.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's also just dawned on me that KOS-MOS has actually been in more unique adventures with Reiji & Xiaomu than Shion. I was under the mistaken impression it was 4-4, but I clearly was forgetting one of the PxZs or something. It's 5-4 in favor of the Shinra duo. 

Now this is truly a bruh moment.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Quoting this again because it is worth noting that Shion was in NxC so you could argue it's still 4-4.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Quoting this again because it is worth noting that Shion was in NxC so you could argue it's still 4-4.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Both PxZ's, both EF's, and NxC vs the three XS episodes and NxC?

No, it is 5-4.

Unless I'm missing something here. Xenosaga Freaks?

Edited by Acacia Sgt