Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And Persona 3 Portable!
... Which was rendered non-canon until PQ2.

And on the other hand, the female protagonist of If... is the canon one. To the point she appeared in Persona 1 (high school transfer student) and both halves of P2 (now age 20, she works at a detective agency, with the man whose body was hijacked by the MC in the first Devil Summoner as her boss) as an NPC, not a very important person, but you can't miss her. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...and this is the easiest iteration of him yet

It is a demo, but... 

I pray this isn't a harbinger of mindless boss fights for you.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Axe girl was my favorite to play as, tbh

I kinda agree.

Adol seems a bit slower than in the other games.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is a demo, but... 

I pray this isn't a harbinger of mindless boss fights for you.

pls no

Well, there're 2 difficulties above Nightmare (Falcom pls) so maybe in the full game i will go with one above.

The 2 mid bosses were too easy so far, and the one dungeon boss was cool, but could be harder

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And on the other hand, the female protagonist of If... is the canon one. To the point she appeared in Persona 1 (high school transfer student) and both halves of P2 (now age 20, she works at a detective agency, with the man whose body was hijacked by the MC in the first Devil Summoner as her boss) as an NPC, not a very important person, but you can't miss her. 

Oh, that sounds pretty neat!
Makes you wonder why they didn't do something similar to this for the P3P female MC.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think Blondie fits more xD

Yeah, you're right, haha! ^^

Welp. For unknown reasons, my laptop now refuses to detect ethernet connections. So I have to use my wifi, which works half the time and slowly at that.

I am a very happy man at this moment. In order to cheer up, I will now commence a chill FE12 run, because I've been getting the itch and it's time to scratch.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

you always manage to word your tirades in such a way that makes them entertaining to read, too!

Why, thank you! I do try.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Congrats. Ruben! Here's some anime as a reward

BHlsukR.jpg

How dare you.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

...Good luck with his paralogue.

...Don't say things like that.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think you may actually kill him with that one.

Killed my laptop's internet connector, apparently. Damned anime...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you.

She's waiting for you.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Don't say things like that.

I hope you like infinite reinforcements of ninjas and great knights with beast killers. It's a route map, btw.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, six hours and 80 turns later, I can finally conclusively say (Wrongquest rant incoming)

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck Conquest Chapter 17. Fuck it straight to hell. Easy contender for "worst map in the franchise" for me.
Really, up until that point, Conquest had some annoying maps, but the deep, dark descent from "tedious, but it does have some spots of light in there" to "this is pure, agonizing torture" that is the late- and endgame starts with that Chapter. I hate it. I hate it so much.

And yes, I fucking suck at this game. I know.
Doesn't stop me from saying that this is more akin to torture instead of anything even approaching fun.

Yeah, past me wasn't wrong after all.
I did change my mind on some games from back then, both positively and negatively, but not this one.

This is also the reason I wasn't here yesterday. I was so enraged, nobody here would have liked to interact with me. XD

I see this and raise you FE6.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Niles is friggin' useless.
Guy can't hit the broad side of a barn and when he does, it only does pitiful amounts of damage.
If he wasn't the only unit with capture on the Conquest side (GAME DESIGN! (tm)) (and he's not even good at it due to aforementioned circumstances, and Capture only making his hitting problems even worse than they already are), and the only one with Locktouch for a while until you get Kaze (who is just about equally useless, because none of the good hidden weapons are available on Conquest outside of My Castle rewards (again, GAME DESIGN! (tm)), he'd be instant bench fodder.
Then again, only a handful of the units in Conquest are anything even remotely approaching usable. The game railroads you pretty hard into using specific ones... which is another aspect I greatly dislike about it.

---

Anyway

Have some music from my personal favorite SRPG instead.

I agree ten billion percent on Niles. The only good thing about him is his daughter, as she can actually do something.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I disagree, I think everyone is plenty usable in Conquest. Even generics. As for Kaze, you're selling him extremely short. Shurikens and knives are excellent debuffing weapons, and while Kaze's strength isn't that great, his speed is stellar. He's not the best unit in the game, but he's pretty good.

That being said, Niles is absolutely not great design. Putting something like capture on a single unit that you can lose is just bad. Capture should absolutely be a universal skill that nerfs the unit's stats when it's used. It shouldn't be put on a unit that is then himself made bad to compensate.

Tell that to Nyx, Arthur or Charlotte.

The same thing happens in Birthright, as Orochi is on a level of bad that even Radiant Dawn mages are pointing and laughing. And frankly, any mages not named Leo or Ophelia, for that matter.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

In celebration of Tekken in Smash

They use this one in Project X Zone. Or a variation of it anyway.

I like this one:

Things escalated very fast

RhF583b.png

30 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Niles is friggin' useless.
Guy can't hit the broad side of a barn and when he does, it only does pitiful amounts of damage.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, Niles is absolutely not great design. Putting something like capture on a single unit that you can lose is just bad. Capture should absolutely be a universal skill that nerfs the unit's stats when it's used. It shouldn't be put on a unit that is then himself made bad to compensate.

GODiles.

qz0kPAo.png

Edited by Maof06

so finished the Demo
Impressions:
Dungeon design seems cooler than Ys 8
I like those new pesky abilities (although gonna need to fine tune my controls a bit)
Nightmare is easier than Ys 8, and a bit too easy for Ys in general, will try Inferno tomorrow as i am feeling atm like i haven't slept in days or something

Edited by Shrimperor

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Icon mod

based and redpilled

Too bad it doesn't work alongside the voice mod.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Look guys look.

Xuomxmep o

It's a completely new character that has never been seen before in this thread.

What difficulty are you playing on?

Edited by Maof06

Just now, DragonFlames said:

The glorious return of Kabage!
Now even more cabbage-y than ever!

No, man. You're confusing this completely new character for the old thread favorite, Kabbãge, evolved into Edgy Kabba, then finally Edgiest Ka. This is Kabage. Uh, Edgiest Ka's daughter from the future that she had with Shura. Let's go with that. You can even kinda see the Shura resemblance in her eye color!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Relatable, honestly.
Might be the weather, since we have been subject to a heatwave since pretty much yesterday.

summer time = sleepless time 

Big F

it's actually a bit windy here now tho

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, man. You're confusing this completely new character for the old thread favorite, Kabbãge, evolved into Edgy Kabba, then finally Edgiest Ka. This is Kabage. Uh, Edgiest Ka's daughter from the future that she had with Shura. Let's go with that. You can even kinda see the Shura resemblance in her eye color!

Oh, my bad!
Of course, looking closely, I can definitely see the resemblance!

One thing I should mention is that I have decided against playing on lunatic reverse. I will stick to maniac this time, it's gonna be a chill run. However, I will try to Ironman it, if my psyche can handle three ironmans at once. So yeah. Except a bit of whining for each death.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

summer time = sleepless time 

Big F

Yep, definitely!
Though my region is set to get more thunderstorms, come weekend, so that might help mitigate things a little.
Not looking forward to the humidity though.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One thing I should mention is that I have decided against playing on lunatic reverse. I will stick to maniac this time, it's gonna be a chill run. However, I will try to Ironman it, if my psyche can handle three ironmans at once. So yeah. Except a bit of whining for each death.

If Palla dies, your punishment is to at least watch the first part of a playthrough of Nights of Azure!

Joking, of course! I wish you best of luck!
May another Yubello/Matthis arise from this playthrough!

Edited by DragonFlames

Never mess with his girls

5GwaSMQ.pngFGdWeR5.png

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It actually does. You just need to mix them using Paragon or something iirc

Too much trouble