• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

So what is Xenosaga, exactly? Genre, correlation, stuff...? I'm not too familiar with that one.

Well... it's an RPG. It also has some puzzle elements (mostly Episode II, which was attempting to be like LoZ) I'm not sure how i would answer the other two without spoilers, though.

The difficulty can be a bit rough sometimes (especially if you don't know what's coming)

I would say it focuses alot on the characters rather than things like world building overall. They tend to have quite a few dark moments here and there, which seems to be a "theme" i guess?

...just play the damn game, i am terrible at explaining things, (or watch videos, although for EP I, the cutscenes can get... lengthly.)

Ahhh! Why am i so terrible at explaining things!? When it comes to modding, i can teach someone step by step. But any other topic? I choke!

Self rant is over now.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's not kidding, y'know.

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9_1.jpeg?width=574&height=

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh wait no, it's a top-down shooter. That's a new one... Huh.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

RPG with way too many Puzzle elements

I mean, you're both correct.

Best way i can describe it in terms of gameplay is Kid Icarus Uprising ground combat meets 2D Zelda. But the puzzles in CrossCode are far, far more bigbrained than what you will see in Zelda (or most puzzle games for that matter). Or, if i were a game journalist, the "Dark Souls of 2D Zelda".

Admittedly, the first two dungeons do feel pretty long on a first playthrough but on repeat playthroughs, you should be able to breeze through them. And the game encourages repeat playthroughs due to all the NG+ options and various builds (everyone is obligated to do a Sergey Hax run at least once).

There's also custom difficulty for both combat and puzzles so you are able to fine-tune it to your liking.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

aka not me xD

Maybe if you were good at the game lmao gottem.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except Reese has no emotions, so he just grabbed the money and left to visit Jonathan without paying the letter a second thought.

Volcens: "you're a fucking goddamn piece of shit Reese, i should have your entire family executed"

Reese:

ABMt5MPqoGS9sXyMByR3dU-320-80.jpg

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

So what is Xenosaga, exactly? Genre, correlation, stuff...? I'm not too familiar with that one.

Xenosaga is Xenoblade's predecessor. While technically a separate IP owned by Namco (as with Xenogears being owned by Square Enix), everyone from fans to devs seem to consider Xeno to all be one series.

Xenosaga is turn-based combat (as is Xenogears) and it was made as a sort of "reboot" after Takahashi's plans for a Xenogears sequel were shot down because Square Enix wanted to focus on Final Fantasy (including the infamous movie, The Spirits Within).

But the plans for Xenosaga's story also somewhat fell apart because low sales (the sales actually were good, Namco just had really high expectations).

And then Nintendo bought Monolith Soft and one day, Takahashi imagined a world composed of the bodies of two gods and that's how Xenoblade was born.

Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade don't share any direct connections but they all share the same creator, made by the same people, and their themes and concepts are all pretty similar. All those factors is why it's generally regarded by everyone to be one series and the only reason Monolith Soft isn't acknowledging Xenogears (not directly anyway) is because that game technically wasn't made by them as Xenogears predates Monolith Soft by like two years.

This was the sparknotes version. If you want more details

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Concentration: 100

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ahhh! Why am i so terrible at explaining things!? When it comes to modding, i can teach someone step by step. But any other topic? I choke!

Self rant is over now.

Don't worry, i got you covered.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't worry, i got you covered.

Thank you! I'm sorry that i did such a terrible job, but i don't know how to explain without spoilers!

So there it is, the series in a nutshell (totally stealing that explanation for my own use now, credit will be given... most likely.)

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's also custom difficulty for both combat and puzzles so you are able to fine-tune it to your liking

There's no remove puzzles option 😛

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio since you killed of Niles before Thaddy's mission, should i just not do Thaddy's mission, or do it then kill him off?

Considering I can't get his paralogue, I'd say it's fair for you to lose Thaddy's chapter too, but your call.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, you're both correct.

Best way i can describe it in terms of gameplay is Kid Icarus Uprising ground combat meets 2D Zelda. But the puzzles in CrossCode are far, far more bigbrained than what you will see in Zelda (or most puzzle games for that matter). Or, if i were a game journalist, the "Dark Souls of 2D Zelda".

Admittedly, the first two dungeons do feel pretty long on a first playthrough but on repeat playthroughs, you should be able to breeze through them. And the game encourages repeat playthroughs due to all the NG+ options and various builds (everyone is obligated to do a Sergey Hax run at least once).

There's also custom difficulty for both combat and puzzles so you are able to fine-tune it to your liking.

Duly noted.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Volcens: "you're a fucking goddamn piece of shit Reese, i should have your entire family executed"

Reese:

Ahahahah... Why is that so accurate?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenosaga is Xenoblade's predecessor. While technically a separate IP owned by Namco (as with Xenogears being owned by Square Enix), everyone from fans to devs seem to consider Xeno to all be one series.

Xenosaga is turn-based combat (as is Xenogears) and it was made as a sort of "reboot" after Takahashi's plans for a Xenogears sequel were shot down because Square Enix wanted to focus on Final Fantasy (including the infamous movie, The Spirits Within).

But the plans for Xenosaga's story also somewhat fell apart because low sales (the sales actually were good, Namco just had really high expectations).

And then Nintendo bought Monolith Soft and one day, Takahashi imagined a world composed of the bodies of two gods and that's how Xenoblade was born.

Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade don't share any direct connections but they all share the same creator, made by the same people, and their themes and concepts are all pretty similar. All those factors is why it's generally regarded by everyone to be one series and the only reason Monolith Soft isn't acknowledging Xenogears (not directly anyway) is because that game technically wasn't made by them as Xenogears predates Monolith Soft by like two years.

Thanks @lightcosmo for the in-depth explanation.

Well, skimming through a couple of gameplay videos, unfortunately it still looks like something I wouldn't enjoy in the slightest. So I'm afraid this is one topic where we'll have to disagree. Oh, well. Still better than Armagon, there's like two things we agree on.

Considering I can't get his paralogue, I'd say it's fair for you to lose Thaddy's chapter too

fair enough

That also means i can finish ch4 today

Ahahahah... Why is that so accurate?

ya know, if Reese coup'd with the Princess he would have had quite a bit of support

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fair enough

That also means i can finish ch4 today

Holy shit my backlog, 4 chapters... I better start speedrunning, no matter the cost.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ya know, if Reese coup'd with the Princess he would have had quite a bit of support

Only quite a bit?

Screenshot_3552.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3553.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3554.png?width=769&height=432

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's no remove puzzles option 😛

Brb, gonna go make an SRPG that removes the SRPG part of the game.

Wait what do you mean Fates did that already?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only quite a bit?

Some Nobles will still be boneheaded and follow king no matter what and stuff

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait what do you mean Fates did that already?

you misspelled Awakening

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I dunno man, I didn't use nosferatu ever and I still broke the game into a million tiny pieces. It really isn't necessary. At least not on """""""""""""""""""""""""""hard"""""""""""""""""""""" difficulty.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

....I just thought of an even more cursed linked ironman.

Ruben plays FE12 Reverse Lunatic.

Shrimpy plays Awakening Lunatic+.

You see where this is going.

Just now, Armagon said:

....I just thought of an even more cursed linked ironman.

Ruben plays FE12 Reverse Lunatic.

Shrimpy plays Awakening Lunatic+.

You see where this is going.

I've got a better idea: I play a sad song on the world's smallest violin while you play your funeral.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

no

i don't like awakening

Ok. You do FE12 Reverse Lunatic. Ruben does Awakening Lunatic+.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've got a better idea: I play a sad song on the world's smallest violin while you play your funeral.

C'mon Ruben. Play the funny linked ironman.