Perceval.

wait what

*reads above*

Fuck fuck fuck

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sucks to be Enid, though.

9-main will be a pain

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I miiiiiiight be able to save Felicia. Don't count on it, though.

pls i don't wanna lose on perma recruiting Deen..

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

who to hire who to hire

It's a terrain map so i am planning to go full Lt Infantry, but

>money

Sounds not unrealistic to me.

IRL, from what little I've read and heard others say , it was a little later into the Medieval period when mercenaries started taking off in European armies. The feudal system of peasant levies was shown to be problematic due to their limitations on duration of use b/c they were farmers who had to get back to the fields in time, and their lack of equipment and experience. The aristocratic horse-riding knights had enough independent wealth to arm themselves and free time to train for battle, but you can have only so many nobles in a realm, and they have these pesky corporate rights and privileges you have to respect, or else they won't fight for you.

Mercenaries then became preferable for later Medieval and Early Modern countries for warfare. Killers self-trained and self-armed, with the ruler hiring them free of any other obligations to them other than a paycheck. And yet, peasant conscripts didn't go away overnight, nor the noble cavalry knights. All you had to do was pay the soldiers of fortune, or promise to pay them after not paying them for five months causes them to go on strike, but they were expensive! Still, Medieval and Early Modern states usually didn't have the capacities to recruit and train a large and experienced citizen army by themselves as countries can nowadays, so outsourcing to mercenaries was the next best thing. Mid-late Medieval until at least 1648, no later than 1789 with the outbreak of the French Revolution, was the centuries-long era of the European mercenary.

Also, cannons, referred to as "Bombards" came into use at the very end of the Medieval period. Fire lances- early "guns" were in use by this time, but their effectiveness in battle was very limited, and a good longbow or crossbow remained the preferred long-range portable murder weapon. Bombards revolutionized siege warfare about a century before guns started becoming effective killing implements. Bombards weren't very mobile, not good for fast and furious campaigns, but who cares if it takes a few weeks to move into place, if they still drastically shorten the duration it takes to capture a walled city?

Therefore, depending on exact Medieval setting intended, cannons could be appropriate while being able to maintain an authentic Medieval labeling, but not so much guns.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3550.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3551.png?width=769&height=432

I was not aware Kossy could be selfish, I took it as a given that she always acted without ego.

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

pls i don't wanna lose on perma recruiting Deen..

I managed to save her, at least. Cost Mozu her life, but Mozu is useless anyway.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben: 

Ahahahaha... Yes, basically.

57 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Sorry, old man. But as long as the game over units stand, I will continue to get away with it.

I'd like to have an update on the run, but we got a surprise visit from family, so instead I've spent an action-filled 45 minutes staring at the wall while they talk about old folk topics becuse I don't want to return to my computer while they're here. It'd be rude or something.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone!

I'm only here now, because I passed out from what I assume was a heatstroke this morning.
Good stuff! ... Not.
Can summer screw off, please? Thank you!

Oh my... Are you alright?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Get well soon and take care of yourself man!

Thank you! ^^

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah. Hugo isn't liked much. Neither Story or gameplay wise. Especially gameplay wise his playstyle can be described as ''Shield2Win''

Oh, interesting! I had thought he'd be, like, THE fan favorite for sure. XD
But yeah, for those seeking challenge, I can see why they'd not like the guy much, especially for normal enemies, since you can just snipe them from afar without them ever being able to do anything about it.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

esus Christ bro.

I recommend taking a cold shower. Get yourself refreshed or something (iirc, you said your fans weren't working).

If you have any water bottles, put one in the freezer for like 10-15 minutes so it can quickly become cold. Drinking cold water helps.

Take care of yourself man.

Thank you for the tips! I did have several cold showers, and some water, too. Also a nap!
I'll definitely try the freezer idea, too!

And thanks! ^^

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, that's horrible. Stay inside and turn on all the fans, man!

...Meanwhile, overhere it's cloudy and it's 22 degrees outside. Sooo yeah. Oof... If it wasn't for all the thunderstorms this'd honestly be wonderful.

Thanks! ^^
Luckily, this stupid heatwave is set to end tomorrow, with only between 24 and 27 degrees outside, plus cloudy... plus thunderstorms.
Methinks the weather you have might be traveling up here! XD

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can dew it!

Gonna try!

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Damn, sorry to hear. Please take care of yourself!

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh my... Are you alright?

I am now!
But it was pretty bad this morning, admittedly.
I don't think I ever passed out from the heat before, that's for damn sure.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, that's the 3rd character

Ah, Mr. Big Bro "A Goddes Is My Waifu"?
I can see why, so far! Currently watching 3rd route, haha!

Edited by DragonFlames

Okay, I've had dinner, I'm feeling beter now. Let's try the Chevois chapter.

Warning you now, I haven't the faintest idea how I'm going to handle Orochi. She's a monster on a good day, and this isn't a good day, this is "everyone who can handle magic okay is dead except for Kaze and Felicia, neither of whom deal good damage" day.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, I've had dinner, I'm feeling beter now. Let's try the Chevois chapter.

Warning you now, I haven't the faintest idea how I'm going to handle Orochi. She's a monster on a good day, and this isn't a good day, this is "everyone who can handle magic okay is dead except for Kaze and Felicia, neither of whom deal good damage" day.

iirc she has a reaver tome, so usually a good Archer pwns her...

but you don't have one, that's a problem

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy enjoy 😄

Currently am! Thanks! ^^
I do like how, despite the dungeon and bosses being the same, the routes still feel very different and distinct from one another.
And Toal has so far been a pretty enjoyable character, as well. I'd still put Yunica above him on a ranking... for now, anyway! 😉

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

there are quite a few different bosses between the routes. But otherwise yeah

I was referring to the main monster bosses (for some reason, I think of the other ones more as minibosses, heh). But you're right, of course!

Edited by DragonFlames

Ah, I remember when I was playing through the game. Trying it out because most folks at FE4Thread talked about it. It was one of the first games I bought on Steam too.

That said... Nightmare never again... X_X

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

iirc she has a reaver tome, so usually a good Archer pwns her...

but you don't have one, that's a problem

I have Elfuigi, but his resistance is garbage. He won't survive all the mages.

...I'll worry about it later. Let's instead take the fight to Takumi, because he's totally gonna be easier.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP MISSING EVERY SINGLE FUCKING HIT WHEN IT LEADS TO SOMEONE'S DEATH

God fucking damnit, there goes Elise. At least that won't screw Shrimpy...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD, WILL EVERYONE PLEASE STOP MISSING EVERY SINGLE FUCKING HIT WHEN IT LEADS TO SOMEONE'S DEATH

c7YrW3b.png

Why are we both getting RNG screwed so hard lol

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God fucking damnit, there goes Elise. 

4nmJdkT.png

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least that won't screw Shrimpy...

for once

Just now, Shrimperor said:

c7YrW3b.png

Why are we both getting RNG screwed so hard lol

Fucking hell...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

4nmJdkT.png

Eh, I can't say I care much about Elise.

...Starting to run out of characters, though. At this rate I might have to deploy Camilla. Ew.