Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally think that PxZ2 is similar, once you get enough characters, the enemy bloat starts to show.

4nmJdkT.png

also imgur there's nothing R18 in my emoji album pls

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_4081.png

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

if it's some stage at the end, i can live with it, but from what you were talking about in PxZ1 the bs started midgame

Yeah i've been told it doesn't happen.

Cause like, a big factor of PxZ1's bloat was that everything was attributed to a universally shared bar so most of the time, regular attacks were the only thing you could do.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_4081.png

Yeah i've been told it doesn't happen.

Cause like, a big factor of PxZ1's bloat was that everything was attributed to a universally shared bar so most of the time, regular attacks were the only thing you could do.

Nah, its pretty bad tbh. And the endgame feels... Really bad with it.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Nah, its pretty bad tbh. And the endgame feels... Really bad with it.

I will see when i get there then but i've heard from most that the game is just a major improvement over the first game.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will see when i get there then but i've heard from most that the game is just a major improvement over the first game.

It is, thats not one of em, though.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I feel less and less bad about taking to the seven seas and donning eye patch, wooden leg, and hook hand when it comes to video games. In light of stuff such as that.

It really is difficult to feel bad about pirating big corporation games when they constantly pull stunts like this. All of them.

Indies are a different story for me, though. For the most part.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll probably emulate the GBA games since GBA emulation is easier than PS2 emulation. Although anything on the PS2 version i'd miss or it just a remaster?

I don't think there would be major losses. PS2 did add:

• Japanese voice acting.
  • Upgrades the graphics, presentation, and OST.
  • Adds a "Twin" system not unlike FE's Pair Up -except the game came out in 2007. You deal less damage overall in Twin, but more damage in a single round of combat -good for destroying named enemies that flee when their HP drops below a certain threshold.
  • The SRW Reversal Banpresto Originals Fiona and Raul were added to OG2, with their Excellence mechs. (A tiny number of mech upgrades and the Wildraubtier was brought back for OG2 as well.)
  • Axel might've undergone a measure of personality modification to make him a little less unlikable compared to OG2.
  • Like seven short new early chapters to OG2 (and got rid of the secret true final battle????).
  • And adds "Original Generation 2.5"- a short 12-chapter scenario that seems to either: tease the story of Gaiden with pieces of it, or establish a bridge to it. I'm not exactly sure.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

piratebooty.jpg

xD

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Yarr! Me mateys!"
I'm bad at pirate talk. xD

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

w80qf4rwmo871.jpg

Draggy was a tank all along?

If anything, I always thought of myself as more of a glass cannon than a tank. xD

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It really is difficult to feel bad about pirating big corporation games when they constantly pull stunts like this. All of them.

Yup, yup.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So Aty (the new redhead) said she was a teacher and

Phoenix's expression is very fitting here.

In other news, by some miracle the final Evangelion movie is being released outside Japan next month. And here I was thinking I would have to wait two years to see it!

But hopefully they use the same English cast as the previous movies. I liked the Netflix voice actors well enough but it would be annoying for the last film of a tetralogy to have a completely different cast from the previous three.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Puto/a is a lot more widely used here in Spain. I didn't know it was such a bad swear in Latin America.

Puto/a is also widely used here.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Indies are a different story for me, though. For the most part.

This is what pirating indie games looks like

Screenshot_4086.png

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think there would be major losses. PS2 did add:

• Japanese voice acting.
  • Upgrades the graphics, presentation, and OST.
  • Adds a "Twin" system not unlike FE's Pair Up -except the game came out in 2007. You deal less damage overall in Twin, but more damage in a single round of combat -good for destroying named enemies that flee when their HP drops below a certain threshold.
  • The SRW Reversal Banpresto Originals Fiona and Raul were added to OG2, with their Excellence mechs. (A tiny number of mech upgrades and the Wildraubtier was brought back for OG2 as well.)
  • Axel might've undergone a measure of personality modification to make him a little less unlikable compared to OG2.
  • Like seven short new early chapters to OG2 (and got rid of the secret true final battle????).
  • And adds "Original Generation 2.5"- a short 12-chapter scenario that seems to either: tease the story of Gaiden with pieces of it, or establish a bridge to it. I'm not exactly sure.

So it's just perks then. Got it.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, it's finally time for the boss fight against Red Herring! His run cycle is hilarious, and I dig how they're using the camera angle for this fight.

Watch out for the slow mo spells he throws out at you.

28 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Puto/a is also widely used here.

This is what pirating indie games looks like

Yes, basically.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Watch out for the slow mo spells he throws out at you.

Yeah, discovered those the hard way. Other than that, though, it's a really fun fight. Helps that the guy's hilarious.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

speaking about bs

I felt like mentioning Nippon Ichi Software is struggling financially I'm told. For Disgaea 6, their recently released latest title, the Japanese sales were about the same as the last, and if doesn't outdo how Disgaea has usually sold in the West, the franchise will likely be stuck in the netherworld henceforth, and so will NIS.

If NIS dies, then what will become of NISA? Might want to revise those Trails release dates by a few years. -Assuming plans haven't been made for NISA should the parent become a corpse. If the company is that close to its demise, you think they would've, but... ya never know.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So it's just perks then. Got it.

If you want a graphics comparison. I'll use the one unit's arsenal of attacks in each game for comparison.:

GBA (OG1 GBA looks a bit worse than OG2 GBA.)

PS2

This video is 2 years old, while the fan translation was finished just last year.